View Poll Results: Which Start Wil You Choose?

Voters
1822. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snivy

655 35.95%
  • Tepig

414 22.72%
  • Oshawott

753 41.33%
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Snivy for sure in the White game I will be buying.
    Oshawott if I get Black or any eventual third version.

I generally go with a Grass starter in one version (sometimes for early type advantage, eg Bulbasaur, and sometimes just for looks). In Snivy's case I think its mostly a looks thing cause it's the line that I think looks the coolest, although it's got some competition in Oshawott.

Well I have my team set so i'm choosing Tepig. I need the fighting type and Emboar looks cooler than Serperior and Samurott IMO. Although i'm gonna try and get an Oshawott on GTS for a Tepig egg.
    Kick butt - eat sandwich. :3

*I have claimed Muk! All stench belongs to me!*

Emerald:
    HG:
    White:

I have finally encountered and caught a shiny Pokémon after 12 years of playing! I caught a shiny Chinchou while Underwater Sootopolis City on the 3rd of June, 2011.

Black: Tepig, so I can keep my Trick Room team

White: Oshawott, One of the few decent water types in B&W that I like

I'm choosing Oshawott for my first game in White and Tepig for my first game in Black.

I love all three starters, but there are a lot of viable grass types I can use in the game (Leavanny and Maractus are two of my favorite Grass-types ever), and I will eventually use Snivy in a future restart of one of my games (I can't even count how many times I've restarted my game on Diamond, Platinum, and HeartGold...).

Despite liking all three starters, my favorite is Oshawott, so that's where my vote goes.
    X Team:

Y Team:

I'll pick Oshwott but could possibly get Snivy and Tepig via Trade. Ever since Yellow I make all the starters + BIrd my main team and rotate the 6th slot.
    My Pokemon Friend Codes:

Diamond:4983-5430-4342

Snivy, since it's cute. And a grass type. And a snake. It's evolution looks wonderful. Basically, it's my kind of Pokémon.

My brother's going with Oshawott. Galileo and Poseidon shall... do... something.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

I'm still not a hundred percent sure! D: I was planning to pick Snivy, but the choice is still so hard. I might end up choosing Tepig instead! And I like Oshawott too! D:
    asdfghjkl

Snivy because everyone I know is picking Oshawott.

Looking for Pokémon X exclusive Megastones (Charizard X, Pinsir, Mewtwo X, Tyranitar, and Manetric).
    Y
    FC: 2981-6335-1505
    IGN: Daniel
    Steam Username: 20stalks

I'm going with Oshawot because it's stronger than snivy and tepigs first evolution is way to ugly. My best friend is also going with oshawot so we can pick our ultimate water otter together hopefully ^^
    Last edited by Nibbles4Ever; 22nd February 2011 at 3:45 PM.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaTreeko =3 View Post
    And Serperier(sp?) is so elegant, every time I think about it, I imagine it is some King or Butler for some fancy people or Pokemon. At first I was all liek, "OMG SNAKE! IT'S A SNAKE! SNAKKKKKEE! Gamefreak, I had the feeling you and me shared similar thoughts!"
    (I had a perfect idea of a snake starter, and *poof* It's there!)
    Lol metal gear solid! i might call my snivy solid snake or THE King.

Oshawott i will call Samurai, Warrior or something along those lines
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Start with Oshawott in white. Ill also SR in black for a shiny snivy and trade him from black to white.
    center]
    Name: Lil dude
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/center]

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0..._gbc_large.jpg

http://www.vooks.net/images/pokemonsilverDS.jpg

ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE AND WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.

Oshawott, as I'm a Water-type fan and neither Snivy nor Tepig particularly appeal to me. But I'm not really gonna use Oshawott a whole lot, I rarely use the starters anyway.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Gen 1 - Kanto = Charmander
    Gen 2 - Johto = Cyndaquil
    Gen 3 - Hoenn = Torchic
    Gen 4 - Sinnoh = Chimchar
    Gen 5 - Unova = ????????

Hmmmm, I wonder which will I choose, TEPIG!!
    I have always chosen the Fire Starter and that will never change!!
    My Bro on seeing Mega Abomasnow: "Its looks so fluffy I wanna hug it" ... xD

ALL HAIL THE CHURCH OF GOOMY!

Currently Playing: Pokemon X!
    Badges: 8 - POKEMON LEAGUE CHAMPION
    Addicted to: Breeding
    Favourite Gen 6 Pokemon: Goomy!
    Favourite Pokemon Ever: Porygon2!
    Team: Landoros, Heatran, Mega-Scizor, Skarmory, Keldeo, Porygon2

Usually I pick the fire type, but I am sooooo sick of the Fire-Fighting double type, that this time I think I'm getting Oshawott. However, two of my cousins are getting the game too, one is already choosing Snivy, and I need to convince the other to get Tepig XD

I will choose Oshawott because I like it and I like Samurott a lot. My second choice would be Snivy. I just don't like Tepig and his evolutions. Besides that I like the other Grass and Fire Pokemon more than the starters (Lilligant and Leavanny-Candelure, Victini, Simisear, Heatmor and Volcarona). And this is why I choose Oshawott as starter
    My Shinies -><- My Shinies
    ^These Shinies aren't up for trade!^
    ----------
    BadgeQuest -><- Shiny Card
    Claimed the fluffiest Dragon of all ... ALTARIA

snivy.

i love most of the grass starters. plus snivy is so laughable w/ its proud stuck up atitude. it reminds me of piplup a bit.
    HG/SS Friend Code:5156-5779-8535
    Black Friend Code:3696-9320-8677
    White Friend Code:4427-1588-0618

I am currently lookin for female DW pokemon.
    Also lookin for Timid/Modest Latios

I usually choose grass starters for a new region;

Gold: Chikorita
    Ruby: Treecko
    Leaf Green: Bulbasaur
    Pearl: Turtwig
    Platinum: Chimchar
    Soul Silver: Cyndaquil
    Black: Snivy

So I choose grass starters for regions I haven't previously visited and fire-types for the remakes. Also, Snivy has a great design.
    [IMG]http://oi56.*******.com/2mm900g.jpg[/IMG]
    ...made by PomPom

Currently undecided. I like Snivy but there are so many grass Pokémon i like more, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Sawsbuck, so i think Snivy is ruled out. Same with Oshawott, there are a few water Pokémon i would like to try out more than i would like to have him. However, i really do not like Tepig evolutions so.., i'll probably end up with Oshawott/Snivy to start then just switch him/her out when i can catch a water/grass Pokémon i want to use.
    Current Shinies: Kricketune

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Oshawott, though it seems to be the most popular starter. Oh well. I like water types, and the final evo has really grown on me.

Next would be Snivy. I don't like Tepig's evo line.
    I agree completely with this statement.

Kevin Durant is now a Pokemon.

I'm definitely picking Oshawott just because when I first saw him, I thought he was the ugliest starter I'd ever seen, but he's grown on me and now I think he's adorable, and the fact that I've almost always picked the Fire Starter, I wanna switch it up a bit this generation. Oh, and I love the look of him and his evo's and I think that I could get the best party with him and Pansear.

Anyways, I'm picking Oshawaott, and his name shall be Oscar
    I don't use uber Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

White-Oshawott. Surprisingly it's my favorite out of the three(Which has always been the Fire type), although they are pretty much near the same level for me(In terms of liking them) Oshawott is just a little higher. Also, I want a Water type with me and I think Oshawott is the best for that job.

Black-I'll use Snivy and Tepig just for the sake of experiencing them. I don't know which I'll start with first though. I'll also play with no Starter after I'm done with Snivy and Tepig.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Oshawatt because its the best out of the 3 clearly.

Also his mustages ownz the big and the green snake.

Wow, I'm surprised Oshawott got so popular. I remember when everyone was complaining about how fugly it was XD

For me, I'll be playing Pokemon White(for Zekrom)and have a Snivy/Servine/Serperior as my starter. The reasoning? I like reptiles, a lot. The rest of my team is going to be all reptiles as well, since I found a way to spread the HM's amongst them(thank you HM learning fossil turtle!).

I'm going with Snivy in Black (which will be the main one I play through), and Tepig in White. Snivy has been my favorite ever since they first revealed the starters, and I have a thing for grass types. Plus, I came up with the perfect nickname for her. I also really liked Tepig, but hated its evolutions... However, they grew on me, and now I'm excited to have one.
    Last edited by king_anteros; 22nd February 2011 at 7:15 PM.

No clue. Snivy looks pretty cool and I like Oshawott's final evolution. Tepig's line just seems a bit ironic. A pig that's a fire type. Makes me want to put a pig on a spit right now. =-o

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast