View Poll Results: Which Start Wil You Choose?

Voters
1823. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snivy

656 35.98%
  • Tepig

414 22.71%
  • Oshawott

753 41.31%
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Why doesnt anyone want Tepig. It's awesome! And people keep complaining that it's final evo looks stupid, but it looks awesome! I'm gonna make an all fire team:

Emboar
    Reshiram
    Victini
    Ho-Oh
    Magmortar
    Typhlosion
    Generic Signature

Snivy, because I like the brattish attitude it exudes.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Tepig. I'm gonna call it: Manbearpig.

And he evolves into Ganon.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

I'm going to choose Oshawott, as I really like it's design and it's evo's design
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

I'll be choosing Oshawott.

If the third game comes out I'll probably pick Snivy for it...

Quote Originally Posted by minredd View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised Oshawott got so popular. I remember when everyone was complaining about how fugly it was XD
    It was probably mostly due to Samurott that his popularity grew so much.....but I like to think Oshawott has also grown on people by it's own merit.

Oshawott. I love the Water starters (except Piplup) and I love the Fire starters. I only choose grass if it's Turtwig (and I like Bulbasaur, but I prefer Squirtle or Charmander).

Anyways, I'll choose Oshawott for my main run in Black, then I'll choose Snivy for White. I was originally gonna get Tepig for White, but then I realized that the eventual 3rd version would probably feature the Ice/Dragon so Tepig would be good for that game. x)
    My future party in Pkmn Black Version 2:

I'll probably use Pokemon from older generations when I play White 2. x)

Quote Originally Posted by Generic User Name View Post
    Why doesnt anyone want Tepig. It's awesome! And people keep complaining that it's final evo looks stupid, but it looks awesome! I'm gonna make an all fire team:

Emboar
    Reshiram
    Victini
    Ho-Oh
    Magmortar
    Typhlosion
    People have different tastes. Not everyone is going to like the same thing.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    I'll be choosing Oshawott.

If the third game comes out I'll probably pick Snivy for it...

It was probably mostly due to Samurott that his popularity grew so much.....but I like to think Oshawott has also grown on people by it's own merit.

Yea, I remember Tepig being my favorite of the 3, but then Oshawott grew on me because it just did. And I also love his whole "Samurai theme" going on.

Snivy reminded me of Treecko, who is really cool but I was never fond of because I liked Swampert and Blaziken more.

And again, Tepig used to be my favorite that was announced, but I was slightly discouraged when finding out that he was another dual type Fire/Fighting and when finding out that he was a slow fire/fighting type. I'm kind of tired of the repeated trend with fire starters. Three in a row seems a bit much.

But like I said in my previous post, I'll use Tepig in the eventual 3rd game cuz of the ice dragon pokemon who is sure to be the main legendary, and because I like Tepig over Snivy.
    My future party in Pkmn Black Version 2:

I'll probably use Pokemon from older generations when I play White 2. x)

I'm chooing Snivy I just think it looks so cool as fr its nickname I haven't chosen that yet
    My TEAM ;

It was sort of funny for me because when the starter silhouettes were first revealed (so we didn't really know what they looked like except for shape), my ranking of the starters was:

1. Snivy
    2. Oshawott
    3. Tepig

Then when what the starters actually looked were revealed it changed to:

1. Oshawott
    2. Tepig
    3. Snivy

and then after first learning their evolutions:

1. Snivy
    2. Oshawott
    3. Tepig

However Samurott grew on me a lot...it was mostly due to the shocking difference that made me uneasy about him....but I really like him now so it's strongly this:

1. Oshawott
    2. Snivy
    3. Tepig

I don't remember my preference of starters ever jumping around so much as with this gen. :S

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    People have different tastes. Not everyone is going to like the same thing.
    I don't think he meant that seriously. Anyways I have to go with Osha...Sni...TEPIG!!!!! Yeah I said it Tepig, Tepig was really popular until the whole fire/fighting thing why is why a lot of people aren't choosing. Seriously Emboar looks amazing and has a great movepool.

I bet another reason that Oshawott has become more popular is because he is absolutely amazing in the anime. I think people thought he'd be too much like Piplup....but he's different. I love how he'll get all buzzed up for a battle...then see this big creature looming over him and push Pikachu out on to the field. Anime Oshawott has a great personality.

I bet it was also because Oshawott in the anime was shown to be quite a happy pokemon, whereas when they were first revealed everyone thought Oshawott was depressed.

I love a good challenge, so I'm going with the grass type Snivy. Grass types just appeal to me, I don't know why. But in my other game I'm probably going with Oshawott. Sorry, Tepig, but you're really not a starter I'd ever choose.
    Holy Arceus! It's a wild Arceus!
    -----
    Announcer: Is there anyone in this room who can turn Grass Types into something more frightening?

(I raise my hand)

Announcer: Huzzah! We are saved!

In 2012, we are all going to get killed by a Giratina.

I'm going with Tepig. While I actually had to decide between all three starters (it's normally a clear decision), I was drawn to Emboar's design the most. Also, I can nickname him Ganonpork, and that's a huge plus in my book.

Oshawott,I have always picked fire starters in all the game sI have played but Tepig and its evolutions look horrible,Oshawott on the other hand looks cool and for some reason he reminds me of the epicness of squirtle.
    Friend Code
    0860-3708-9703

Friend Safari (Ghost)
    Lampent - Pumpkaboo - Golurk

I shall pick Snivy. I think it is the best starter. He may not have the best movepool but I can overcome that easy. Plus his final form is awesome. Plus it is fast and has pretty decent defenses. Also I may soft reset for a shiny one because they are amazing looking.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4532-2401
    Friend Safari: Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

I always go with the grass starter. Only rarely have I gone with something else. So Snivy it is.

Click my Trainer Card to see my Shiny Pokémon List

My Personal Pokémon Website: Ace Trainer Alex Webpage
    Ace Trainers United Website: Ace Trainers United
    Ace Trainers United Facebook Group
    Pokémon X Version: Alex - 2535-4116-7272
    Friend Safari: Poison -

Tepig!

Because I love it's design. And Emboar's design. I like all the starters this time around but the little piggy pretty much had me sold since the beginning and nothing has been able to defer me, not even the awkward stat spread (why no defense emboar? :C)

Flaming beard FTW

Shameless advertising. For more silly cartoons click Here

Snivy. Higher speed... and I want to test out the combo I have in mind for Serperior (juggling with Dragon Tail/Wring Out)

I can't believe Vine Whip only has 15 uses. It used to be 10... how is 15 better?!

It's a mix between these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic User Name View Post
    Why doesnt anyone want Tepig. It's awesome! And people keep complaining that it's final evo looks stupid, but it looks awesome!
    I think it looks awesome too... I'm just turned off by the fact that it hardly gets any Fighting type moves. I mean, sure, it does get them, but they're not in the most "easiest" way to obtain.

I'm gonna make an all fire team:

Emboar
    Reshiram
    Victini
    Ho-Oh
    Magmortar
    Typhlosion
    The lack of Chandelure disturbs me. To each their own I guess.

As for me, I choosing Snivy, as I have an affinity towards the more reptilian group (only exception being with Cyndaquil). That, and despite it's supposedly "limited" movepool, it's mainly a grass type with draconic aspects, and it can use those well enough. And I'm most likely going to be using Serperior in White.

If I do eventually get Black (which I plan on doing this summer), I'll likely be picking Oshawott, since it too has grown on me, and Samurott just looks awesome. Not sure about it's moveset, but hey, I'm not all that worried.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Oshawott all the way baby! I just have a soft spot for little Oshawott, so I'm going to be choosing it as my Starter Pokemon in Pokemon Black. I was planning on using something else, but I figure that Oshawott will ultimately be the better choice. I used to think that Oshawott was otterly ridiculous, but after seeing it in action in the anime, I know that it's a great Pokemon to have around.

I'm happy for Oshawott. I remember the age where everyone, and I mean everyone, hated "Wotter." Look at him now.
    asdfghjkl

take a guess as to who my starter was and will be agaiin in english....Like a poster above me, daikenki reminds me of when i first saw blastoise and told myself i must have him. He is like the antithesis of blastoise. mammal/reptile, warm/cold blooded, dual canons of epicness/dual swords of epicness, clean shaved look/ manly bearded look....etc.

I'll be choosing Oshawott during my first playthrough in Black. I love his design, and his final evo is just amazing. I'll have to think up a good nickname for mine. I very rarely choose the water starter, but I love this guy, so he'll be journeying with me through Unova.

Then, when I start over I'll go with Tepig, then Snivy. (I always end up using each starter at one point).

Tepig. I always choose the fire starter.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast