Page 59 of 99 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2453

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    You think the event matches will return for another round, or will they be abandoned after some criticism from fans on how the ones in Brawl aren't as good as Melee's?
    I think they could return once improved...

I know no one is going to agree with me, but I was extremely dissapointed that Roy got kicked out of Brawl. I found him much more fun to use than Marth in Melee. He also introduced me to the Fire Emblem series.

...Why? He was so overpowered and cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    He's a low tier character, how could he be overpowered and cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    We are not disussing that yet. Why is it so hard to read the first post?

woot21 out dawgs
    wat

We've been discussing who we've been wanting playable for the past five hundred posts (for most of you, that's twenty-five pages) or so.

I'm not even going to say who I want in. Two characters, that's all, the rest of my suggestions in my roster(s) are just thrown in because I think they'd work (logically as well as in terms of fighting).

I'm going to repost my old stage ideas...

Spoiler:- Stage Ideas from a while back:

And here are some new ones:

Spoiler:- Tourian WARNING: Possible Super Metroid Spoilers:

Spoiler:- Temple Grounds:

Spoiler:- Tetris:

So... how many of you who actually bothered to read any of that only bothered to read the Tetris stage idea?

*most people raise their hand*

Thought so...

Metroid is so underrated...
    Last edited by Kabutopzilla; 5th July 2011 at 6:58 AM.
    Fetilĺse sge jütěkxěyalä çät kijütěkxěyaläyé.
    I've arrived at the conclusion that jumping to conclusions is highly inconclusive.
    deviantART | last.fm | Pogeymanz
    5 years at SPPf.
    I'm Stewart Pidd, the King of Sofas!

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    You found Roy to be overpowered? Even though I love playing as him, I know he sucks.

The tetris block would be an interesting playable charecter, I remember when the TSR was making sheets for their own SSB, a Blue L block was a charecter, it had a wide movement (I think each side B incorperated another tetris block) and iirc the Final Smash was 'Final Tetris' and just turned the screen into a tetris game for 30 seconds, with the tetris player controlling the blocks, being able to smash other players for decent damage.

For anyone who cares, the Competitive Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tier List has been updated to its 6th iteration.

Spoiler:- lol competitive Brawl:

^ It breaks my heart seeing Link all the down in H. He used to be in at the top but he got nerfed so BADLY over the last 2 games. They better fix that in SSMB4

Link has always been rather low tier though, hasn't he?

3 things.
    1)Roy was great but nothing, and I mean nothing compared to Marth. Side Smash and a good bumper throw can send people flying. Cheap I know, but its such a great tactic....
    2)Tetris was the one level I really wanted. Can you imagine if it also got speed levels for the difficulties? Hoo-hoo, that would be just evil.
    3)**** "official tiering", if you can master a character, you can wipe the floor with anyone. Even link.
    BLAH

He's either 10th or 11th in SSB64 (I can't remember if Luigi is ranked higher or not), 16th and mid tier in Melee, and has always been in the low tiers in Brawl.

Some talk has been going on over Sonic and people are suggesting he be moved up to D tier, either being above or below Peach. It's amusing to watch. At any rate, he's considered a far and away better character than Ike.

Mitchman, the "can beat anyone if you try hard enough" mindset doesn't work. It's impossible to make each character balanced to a point that it boils down to player ability 100% of the time for any fighting game. As an example, Link has no chance to survive if he's caught by DDD or Falco and put in his chaingrab that sends him offstage; DDD's dtilt and Falco's Dair after the chaingrabs put Link in a position that is almost impossible to recover from.

Have there been cases where Link or Ganon have overcome their "impossible" matchups? Certainly. They don't nearly make up for the number of losses they have tallied up against those characters though.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 5th July 2011 at 3:07 PM.

I could understand moving him up, but an entire tier? That's a bit much, isn't it?

The claim for him to bump up a whole tier relies in part by the amount of money he has won. As far as averages go, I think Sonic has raked in the 3rd highest amount of money for amy mid tier character since Tier List v5, right behind Fox and Wolf. He has placed more or less consistently well for the past year, with a huge spike and show of performance with 2 Sonic players making bank at MLG Dallas, the highest-paying Brawl tournament ever. On the other hand, DK and Peach have had average placings for a long time, with one tournament for Peach and two for DK where a player for those characters performed optimally well at a regional tournament with top players present. ROB won three tournaments around the start of the year, and not much else, but no Pit player has ever made bank, and there are no Kirby players, period.

Money won is an important factor, it's physical evidence to justify a character's placing. So with Sonic making bank on a consistent basis, the claim for him to jump above the four in front of him and be in D tier is somewhat justified.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 5th July 2011 at 5:29 PM.

So you're saying a character's tier placement determines how much money they make through matches?

Other way around.

Oshawott doesn't have the same things going for it as Squirtle(charge attack, Water gun, Waterfall, none of those I can see on Oshi)
    Yeah, but it's also got Sear, the scalchop, and a more solid-looking tail. I believe that, being able to learn many of the same moves as Squirtle, as well as having a number of unique abilities/abilities not used for Squirtle in Brawl, it could very well work as a new character. Besides, it's probably good that it has a different set of abilities than Squirtle, so that there's less of a clone potential there.
    Pignite is butt ugly
    Hey, I like it, personally! What, am I the only one?
    Samurott's just meh. Way too clunky for a water type IMO.
    At least it's cool (to me) and has not only a huge horn and tail and four sets of claws, but also two huge swords! Take that, Ganondorf! It's such a unique character that it really has a lot of potential that no one else really does, it seems.
    Dewott has this whole ninja/samurai vibe going for it. I think it'd be great.
    I suppose. I just don't like it as much, so I'm a little stubborn. It's too blue! Ah!
    Yahtzee
    I have no clue who or what that is, unless you mean the board game, in which case, he might not be that bad!
    [Joke]The Elite Beat Agents.[/Joke]
    That should be serious. Unfortunately, we all know that the Ouendan would get in first, possibly/probably with an EBA costume, which wouldn't be nearly as cool, but I suppose would work for me.
    Why is it so hard to read the first post?
    Reeding is hurd.
    You think the event matches will return for another round, or will they be abandoned after some criticism from fans on how the ones in Brawl aren't as good as Melee's?
    If it means another mode, they'll probably keep them in the Wii U version, at least. Speaking of what modes are in which version, do you think that version-differences will lead to different ways to unlock the same characters between the two games? That would be kind of interesting, I think! Man, I can't wait for updates to start! Unfortunately, I really, literally don't have much of a choice, this time.
    how many of you who actually bothered to read any of that only bothered to read the Tetris stage idea?
    No! I read one line of the Temple Grounds description, too!
    Metroid is so underrated...
    Not really. You must just be in a bad place for Metroid fans or something, because I know that there are plenty of them out there! Besides, I like Metroid, just not enough to bother to buy and play them all.
    I know he sucks.
    Me, too.
    I remember when the TSR was making sheets for their own SSB
    You mean "The Spriters Resource"? I didn't know that they ever tried making their own Smash Bros. character sprites (that weren't actual characters in the games)! Interesting.
    S: Meta Knight
    A: Diddy Kong, Snake, Falco
    B: Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pikachu
    This is so wrong in so many ways, to me. Are Pikachu and Snake all that are right in the world?
    SSMB4
    What?
    Other way around.
    Not really, in terms of answering his question, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

9 1 1

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys911 View Post
    I have no clue who or what that is, unless you mean the board game, in which case, he might not be that bad!
    He's similar to the Angry Video Game Nerd except he reviews modern games. He made a negative review on Brawl due to his hate on fighting games, and he has a bias opinion against Wii games (he even calls NSMBW the worst thing that has ever happened) until last year's E3 conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    So you're saying a character's tier placement determines how much money they make through matches?
    The tier placement is indicative of how much of a force the character is in a tournament setting; as a result, it shows how much money you can expect the character to win when played to absolute perfection.

Using money as a reason to prove a character's spot on the list is a messy matter, but it is still the most definitive and non-subjective reason to go with. Sonic was placing among the best of mid tier, and was the only non-high tier character to be seen in the finals of MLG Dallas. He won a lot of money as a result. Ergo, there must be something that Sonic can do in order to get that money in the first place, that Luigi and Sheik can't. Luigi's and Sheik's strengths can be clearly seen, but they don't seem to be working in the tournament setting. As a result, Sonic gets a jump, and Luigi and Sheik drop.

However, the tier list is not a copy/paste of character results. If that was the case, Kirby would be in low tier, and Pit would be lower than SAMUS, which to anyone who has seen the competitive scene, would think of that as ludicrous. Subjective character traits and character matchups, particularly with the best characters, also play a role in the placement of characters. Pikachu has a rather average MU spread, I think averaging out to a slight advantage overall. Pikachu also only has two notable players placing for him. Want to know why he's among the high tier, in the Top 10? Because among his character MU spread is a definitive counter (as in, Pikachu should never lose if played right), to Falco, a slight advantage to Snake, and arguably one of the only characters that can claim to have an even matchup with Meta Knight, who by most counts is broken as holy hell in this game. Having those kinds of matchups, and then PROVING it (remember when I said the two Sonics raked in the money at MLG Dallas? Those Sonics got 5th and 6th. Pikachu got THIRD.) indicates that Pikachu is an incredibly powerful character in Brawl, although his lack of results compared to other characters and his seemingly average matchup spread would suggest otherwise.

This is so wrong in so many ways, to me. Are Pikachu and Snake all that are right in the world?
    How so? I'm curious.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 5th July 2011 at 6:55 PM.

So the tier list is like a mix of matchups and tournament placings, right?

For the most part, yes.

So if I had my own tournament that was offering a large amount of cash and was held about once every two months or so, but banned Metaknight, would that effect the tier list in anyway, or would it be ignored because I'm not a known name in the Smash community?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

It would not affect the tier list because you banned Meta Knight. Meta Knight is part of the ruleset as of right now, so character placements have to take that into effect.

Some characters are screwed 6 ways to Sunday because Meta Knight is around. DDD and ROB are prime examples.

I hate to interrupt the current SSB4 discussion but does anyone here still wifi battle on brawl? If so want to battle me?

No! I read one line of the Temple Grounds description, too!
    One line? More than I expected from anyone, to be honest.

Not really. You must just be in a bad place for Metroid fans or something, because I know that there are plenty of them out there! Besides, I like Metroid, just not enough to bother to buy and play them all.
    The Metroid fanbase is relatively big, it's just that, depending on the forum you speak of, the fanbase's members are either bundled together so closely that no other interest is brought up, or so scattered that it's impossible to find another true fan in a sea of people who have only played Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy, if anything.

You could argue that since this is a Pokémon forum, of course not everyone's going to know about or care about Metroid. But that's no excuse: I see an extremely large amount of people in this very forum who talk about Metal Gear Solid, Kirby, Mother, Sonic, and other game series (didn't mention Mario because its popularity is understandable), and I mean a whole freaking sh*tload, whilst only a small number even bothered to try Metroid. Maybe it has something to do with how Metroid, as a whole series, has sold less than Crash Bandicoot has. That is a crime in itself (you could arguably say the same if you replaced Crash with Sonic in that argument), especially since Metroid hasn't gotten substantially worse with each installment.
    Fetilĺse sge jütěkxěyalä çät kijütěkxěyaläyé.
    I've arrived at the conclusion that jumping to conclusions is highly inconclusive.
    deviantART | last.fm | Pogeymanz
    5 years at SPPf.
    I'm Stewart Pidd, the King of Sofas!

Page 59 of 99 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast