Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stealth rock 5th gen

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo_soul View Post
    Events aren't standard moves that can be just learned.

For instance if an Eevee had Spore from an event, it would be illegal more than likely.
    If there was an event that gave Eevee Spore, it would be a legal move for Eevee, as long as the Eevee was of that specific Event; however, with this, it makes OTHER moves illegal, like Wish. (In case of Eevee.)

Yeah, I caught my mistake as I posted it. Especially with a Draco Meteor Jirachi that I was working on for a team and the like.

I was expecting certain Events not to be allowed, but that might have been just because those special moves in a decent amount of instances suck badly (that nobody actually uses them in those cases with obvious exceptions of course). That's just a guess though.
    If I seem like a jerk, at least know it's with good intention.
    "Man is nothing but a miserable pile of secrets." -Dracula SOTN

Yeah, I caught my mistake as I posted it. Especially with a Draco Meteor Jirachi that I was working on for a team and the like.

I was expecting certain Events not to be allowed, but that might have been just because those special moves in a decent amount of instances suck badly (that nobody actually uses them in those cases with obvious exceptions of course). That's just a guess though.
    Absolutely not.

Many Event moves are what define certain Pokemon sets, such as NYPC Kang, NYPC Hypno, Pokepark Oddish, Choice Spec Jirachi, etc etc. While they may be viable through different sets, the Event move allows them to play differently then most expect. All Event pokemon are allowed in the game, as long as they are actually "event" pokemon. People who pokesav the event move onto their pokemon are absolutely retarded, as it messes with there information, and then ruins the pokemons data.

Just rambling, hehe.

-The Ultimate Lost Shadow-
    Don't underestimate me, I'll prove to be your downfall.

If you need help with anything, please send me a Private Message. I am currently I Abuse Smeargles "student" and would be more than happy to help you.

That's not what I'm meaning. There are tons of Event Pokemon over the generations, sure some define the Pokemon being more used over standard, but still a decent amount of distributions do suck.

I personally feel like 4th gen Pokemon should be banned. And Stealth Rock no longer becomes an option if you want a 5th gen breeding move.

I think that some of the Stealth Rock Pokemon from UU may be moving up (specifically, Steelix) once a lot of the options from gen 4 OU are eliminated.
    Black Team:

White Team:

what are the pokemon that learn stealth rock in pokemon onlines OU tier???

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

The list of pokemon which can learn Stealth Rock:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ock_%28move%29
    I'm tired of signatures...

What is the best move for stopping stealth rock that isn't rapid spin???

My OU Party
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

Damn I wanted them to remove sr
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

ya stealth rock is great but it made battling MUCH easier.

My OU Party
    Big thanks to all of you

Quote Originally Posted by Haxorusfan View Post
    What is the best move for stopping stealth rock that isn't rapid spin???
    No other moves can get rid of Stealth Rock once it's down, but Taunt can shut it down before your opponent gets a chance to use it. Also, a Pokemon with Magic Bounce ability will bounce it back upon use.

Is it just me, or does Spikes seem a little more useful this Gen?

Stealth rock is the reason I win against my friends in the 4th gen, and I don't plan on dropping it for this gen either. It's a good part of my strategy- and even if it wasn't, it prevents focus sash from working- Which is always a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Pokédex: 718

not making it a TM was a fair idea, and hopefully i will become less common (although that will take a while). now all you need to do is lead with a fast water type (or aqua jet) and it should remove most 5th gen SR pokes.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    not making it a TM was a fair idea, and hopefully i will become less common (although that will take a while). now all you need to do is lead with a fast water type (or aqua jet) and it should remove most 5th gen SR pokes.
    Ferrothorn is one of the most common Stealth Rockers, and it walls most water types.

Yeah, SR actually got buffed despite what people believe on the "available TM" subject. Although I have noticed the slight increase in Spikes on teams, SR is still the domineus of entry hazards.

Yeah, SR actually got buffed despite what people believe on the "available TM" subject. Although I have noticed the slight increase in Spikes on teams, SR is still the domineus of entry hazards.
    Uh oh, that means all fire types that don't have fighting or steel as their second typing, bug types that don't have fighting or steel as their second type, ice types, and flying types are still doomed to UU and NU. Now I'll never use any of my favorite fire types in my team in OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Uh oh, that means all fire types that don't have fighting or steel as their second typing, bug types that don't have fighting or steel as their second type, ice types, and flying types are still doomed to UU and NU. Now I'll never use any of my favorite fire types in my team in OU.
    See: Zapdos, Thundurus, Volcarona.

Stealth Rock isn't the end of the world if you're just that good.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Quote Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
    See: Zapdos, Thundurus, Volcarona.

Stealth Rock isn't the end of the world if you're just that good.
    But if you ever want to use a team in OU, you have to have a Pokemon that uses SR and a rapid spinner, and almost none of them are my favorites. Plus, I'm saving the slots for my dream team.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    No other moves can get rid of Stealth Rock once it's down, but Taunt can shut it down before your opponent gets a chance to use it. Also, a Pokemon with Magic Bounce ability will bounce it back upon use.

Is it just me, or does Spikes seem a little more useful this Gen?
    Defog gets rid of all hazards on both sides.

With 3v3 being pushed pretty heavily this gen, entry hazards won't be much of a pain to most of us. In terms of 6v6, I was happy to see that fewer pokemon learn it this gen. Of course, the purpose is defeated when you can import 4th gen. -_-

-1st place at my Toughest Trainer Tournament
    -Friend Codes
    -White: 3954 6397 8535
    -Diamond: 2019 6150 4056

But if you ever want to use a team in OU, you have to have a Pokemon that uses SR and a rapid spinner, and almost none of them are my favorites. Plus, I'm saving the slots for my dream team.
    Protip: our favourite Pokemon are terrible, deal with it.

You don't need a Rapid Spinner if you aren't using baddies. SR isn't absolutely necessary either if you aren't playing Sun teams 9 time out of 10.

When you see it...

Protip: our favourite Pokemon are terrible, deal with it.
    No I won't until this problem is resolved by GF when they feel like it.

You don't need a Rapid Spinner if you aren't using baddies. SR isn't absolutely necessary either if you aren't playing Sun teams 9 time out of 10.
    I don't use Sun Teams, they require you to unbalance your team type wise, leaving you on a huge disadvantage against certain types.

No I won't until this problem is resolved by GF when they feel like it.
    They aren't going to resolve it, it's part of how Pokemon works. Deal with it.

I don't use Sun Teams, they require you to unbalance your team type wise, leaving you on a huge disadvantage against certain types.
    No, when you're battling against Sun teams. The type imbalance is why I suggested you'd need SR (although you don't, ever, NEED Stealth Rock) against them.

When you see it...

They aren't going to resolve it, it's part of how Pokemon works. Deal with it.
    No I won't, as what Bill Clinton said, "Keep complaining until your dreams come true."

No, when you're battling against Sun teams. The type imbalance is why I suggested you'd need SR (although you don't, ever, NEED Stealth Rock) against them.
    Wouldn't that mean Sun Team will rarely be used?

No I won't, as what Bill Clinton said, "Keep complaining until your dreams come true."

Wouldn't that mean Sun Team will rarely be used?
    Some people are risk takers, they will gamble weather or not Rocks appear.

Remember that if you use your Pokemon weak to SR as leads, there's no chance SR will affect them unless you switch... just make sure it can use the lead spot well.

As for using your favorites, your "Favorites" Are valuable competitively (as long as it's not NFE) in the Battle subway, where CPUs rarely switch & will not lay down Rocks every match.
    Have you heard of a SNES game called "Tetris Attack"? It's possibly my favourite game of all time.

Have you heard of a popular Series Called "Pokemon"? It's possibly my favourite Series of all time.

Oh wait... That's most likely what you're here about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast