Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any luck with the masuda method?

Default Any luck with the masuda method?

Well not long heard about this method so I thought I would give it a try, had some serious luck and hatched a shiny feebass after only 67 eggs, now im doing charmanders and I've done 420 without anyluck.

So now I've switched my charmander which grew from level 1 to 82 while doin this haha to a Jap ditto and english charmander.

Does anyone know what pokemon have a Japanese dex in the english game because I think Im doing something wrong, or my Jap pokemon aren't actually Jap pokemon if that makes any sense.

Well post how your past masuda methods have ended out and good luck to anyone tryng it.

~
    Woody
    Woody's Shiny Pokemon:

PokeRadar shinys:

Masuda Method Shinys

May I ask what this "masuda method" is?
    Current Soulsilver Team:

"The Masuda method, or Masuda's method, is a fan-made term for describing an easier way of obtaining shiny Pokémon in Generation IV. It is named after Game Freak director Junichi Masuda, who first documented the effect in his column. In the column, Masuda mentioned a way for "rare colored Pokemon's Egg [to] be found little easier", but the mechanics behind this were discovered by Smogon."

The Masuda method is possible due to coding Masuda programmed into the games. If, in the Pokémon daycare, the game recognizes one of the Pokémon as having a different home location as the other, the chances of having a shiny Pokémon in the egg will increase to 1/2048 instead of the usual 1/8192. This increases the odds by four times.
    Woody's Shiny Pokemon:

PokeRadar shinys:

Masuda Method Shinys

Nope I can never get shinys, whether it is masuda method, pokeradar, or random.

Spoiler:- .:

yea i got a shiny eevee with the masuda method after 6 or 7 boxes in my plat not too long ago
    soulsilver friend code-3309 6888 9118

There's an actual easy way to hatch/catch shinies...it's called RNG abusing. However, you're gonna have to dedicate yourself if you're actually gonna attempt to learn this, so if you don't have tons of free time in your hands, then this isn't for you.

yeah but I would prefer to use the masuda method because I think RNG abuse is cheating and wont be as rewarding when my charmander () eventually shines =)

well i've had a break for abit but tonight im gunna get back down to it, done about 450- and counting, so wish my luck guys and I'll post if I get lucky. My games been on for about 2 weeks runnin doin this cause im afraid to turn it off haha

Good luck guys ~
    Woody
    Woody's Shiny Pokemon:

PokeRadar shinys:

Masuda Method Shinys

I tried using the masuda method a couple of months ago. But after about 70 hatched cyndaquils and no shiny, I gave up. You really have to be patient!
    Vampire Diaries - How I Met Your Mother - Pretty Little Liars - Gossip Girl - 90210 - Glee

True Blood - Grey's Anatomy - Desperate Housewives - The Big Bang Theory

- Yes, I'm a fan of tv-series!

Platinum fc: 2106 7266 2297
    Heartgold fc: 0475 0440 0441
    Black fc: 1678 5055 7967

Wanna trade, battle or chat? Just vm/pm me!
    And oh, brooooownies and coookies <3

Cred to Felly who did this amazing sig!

XD
    I tried this with my Blaziken. It didn't work. I don't mind though. I now have about 100 Torchics to trade for Pokemon on the GTS. However, if anyone wants to explain RNG-ing to me or trade, contact me.
    Platinum----
    Username: Curtis
    FriendCode:2750 8324 6303

Looking for Shiny Pokemon and Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by DCFC_Woody View Post
    yeah but I would prefer to use the masuda method because I think RNG abuse is cheating and wont be as rewarding when my charmander () eventually shines =)
    If you're trying to hatch a shiny as opposed to just letting shinies come to you, you know, leaving it to fate, doesn't it make the Masuda method cheating as well even though a shiny isn't as guaranteed? Just so you know I ran into and caught a shiny Meditite while trying to RNG for an egg, so it proves that karma is pretty much nonexistent in video games

I have never tried the Masuda method but will probably try it when I locate some more foreign Pokemon in my PC boxes other than just my Garchomp. (Shiny Garchomp=worst shiny form ever other than Seel/Dewgong!)

I've been doing it for 3 weeks so far and already got a skarmory, chansey, bagon and nincada, at like what, at the 20th or so egg

The Soul of Pokémon is made of Silver

i have had no luck with it either i like RNG abusing better though.

Hatched a Shiny Treecko earlier today with Masuda Method. Was breeding for a Modest (still haven't gotten one BTW) and the 21st egg was Shiny!!!! Made my week.

I tried for a Charmander with this method a while back, and now MPR has around 100 of them running around.

Looking for shinies in
    bold spoiler-ed below! They'll mostly need RNG'd. H/W also below.

Spoiler:- Haves/Wants:

Quote Originally Posted by EmpressMyuu View Post

If you're trying to hatch a shiny as opposed to just letting shinies come to you, you know, leaving it to fate, doesn't it make the Masuda method cheating as well even though a shiny isn't as guaranteed? Just so you know I ran into and caught a shiny Meditite while trying to RNG for an egg, so it proves that karma is pretty much nonexistent in video games

I have never tried the Masuda method but will probably try it when I locate some more foreign Pokemon in my PC boxes other than just my Garchomp. (Shiny Garchomp=worst shiny form ever other than Seel/Dewgong!)
    Hatching eggs is part of the game. The increased shiny chance from the "Masuda method" is part of the game. So obviously this stuff is not cheat. On the other hand, abusing the Random Number Generator goes outside the rules of the game. as it involves messing around with the DS time settings in order to remove the randomness from the random number generator. It's tampering with the game itself rather than playing inside the rules of the game. RNG abuse is cheating. Hatching lots of eggs is not.

I have a question. Can you save your game with a party full of eggs about to hatch and then reload your saved game over and over until one hatches shiny?

Quote Originally Posted by kiddoluke View Post
    I have a question. Can you save your game with a party full of eggs about to hatch and then reload your saved game over and over until one hatches shiny?
    No. Definitely not. The Shiny status is determined when you accept the egg from the Creepy Old Man. If this is not the case for some reason however, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Looking for shinies in
    bold spoiler-ed below! They'll mostly need RNG'd. H/W also below.

Spoiler:- Haves/Wants:

Default RNG abuse FTW

i got:
    beldem
    adamant aipom
    zangoose
    modest gastly

the RNG abuse is still work as it can require multiple tries and 100s of poketch taps

and hatching shinies doesnt require changing the DS time
    If you support legitimate hacking, copy and paste this into your thread.

If you are a Jesus Freak; and you live for God, put this in you signature (started by Freak of Nature)

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Thanks oh and does any one know an easy way to get an japanese ditto.

I can't find any decent deals on WI-FI

I know but they are so overpriced. I never have what they want me to offer.

I havent got one yet. I am trying to get a shiny charmander through this method.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

I've been trying for a month using this method to no avail. It gets very frustrating just constantly hatching eggs. I went through the full 18 boxes twice and have released over 1 thousand.
    Shinies:

Soul Silver

Platinum:

Current attempt:
    RE in White

Official Challenger of the Paragon League

Got a shiny poochyena after 30 something tries. should be in my signature

Hatched a Shiny Poochyena on Diamond on only my 26th try! 12/13/09

Diamond Friend Code
    Adam
    4382 0829 1912

Looking for a Flying and Surfing Pikachu as well as a legit Arceus to activate the Arceus Event on SS. Will trade the Arceus right back.

I've tried 3 times I got myself: shiny Yanma, shiny Chinchou (now Lanturn) and shiny Horsea (Now Seadra). All under 1,000 eggs except Horse 1,400 eggs <_< but at least it finally showed up.

I'm doing another MM for shiny Clamperl but I put it on hold. Currently 600 - 700 eggs.
    What I like from Masuda Method is the chance to get early shiny under 1,000 eggs.
    But after 1,000 usually my spirit is going down.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast