Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Ducklett Trio! (679)

I love the animation for this episode.... its funny.... I forget who it was but the Animator was the same one for DP156.... The Grandma Wilma & Gible Episode.^__^
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
    I like how people are saying Ash's "days of catching evolved pokemon" are over just because he hasn't done it since Johto and saying that Ash won't catch Krokorok because it evolved before ash could catch it while it was a Sandile. Also how is this a filler? We got Axew and Scraggy training,Pikachu learning a new move, and the first Evolution of a pokemon in Best Wishes
    I think some are thinking of a filler as something that doesn't push a character's development along. We seen them at least trying to get Axew and Scraggy stronger, so that's some development, even if Axew is still creating powerful sneezes. There's also Pikachu learning a new electric move, it's first since Volt Tackle in the battle frontier episodes.

Even if it's a filler in some people's eyes, it was rather entertaining. The Ducklett were just very Mischievous pokemon who liked to take stuff, possibly from unsuspecting trainers. I thought it was quite hilarious when one shot Oshawott with Scald twice and he threw his Scalchop on the ground, only to realize it's not such a good idea. I liked the entire episode to be honest.
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Current Team: Talonflame, Greninja, Sylveon, , ,
    Current upcoming team(s): , , , , ,

I was hoping they would someday remix the Rival Battle theme from BW & they did it this episode!!! HELL YEA! Only halfway done with the episode and its pretty hilarious...

Also, what is up with Oshawott? Everytime he got hit by Boiling Water, it tossed its shell into the ground, realized it tossed it and picks it up.... a running gag perhaps? It was pretty funny.
    Last edited by KibaLG8; 24th February 2011 at 8:32 PM.
    - Claimed:

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    I was hoping they would someday remix the Rival Battle theme from BW & they did it this episode!!! HELL YEA! Only halfway done with the episode and its pretty hilarious...
    They did, huh how was it, the remix I mean? I This episode was pretty fun and had the added bonus of pikachu learning a new move for the first time since 2005 or 2006. Its like 50/50 chance of seeing those Duckletts again for me. They seemed too funny to just be one off characters.

We'll definately be seeing Krokorok/Warubiru again. It be nuts for the writers not too, I say in another 10 or so episodes.

Aside from Pikachu learning Electro Ball, did Ash try to teach Zuruggu any sort of actual attacks?

Also, I hate to be THAT guy, but although Megaruco wasn't caught (or it's evolution), it does seem likely that he will still get it. It's got a good powerful move (Stone Edge), a desire to battle Ash, and of course fits into his general battle style. All it needs is some training and it becomes another reserve. And we all know how much Ash loves his Ground types (Donphan, Torterra, Gible, Gliscor).
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    They did, huh how was it, the remix I mean? I This episode was pretty fun and had the added bonus of pikachu learning a new move for the first time since 2005 or 2006. Its like 50/50 chance of seeing those Duckletts again for me. They seemed too funny to just be one off characters.

We'll definately be seeing Krokorok/Warubiru again. It be nuts for the writers not too, I say in another 10 or so episodes.
    I liked it.... It started off with some wierd beat... and I was like what the heck is this? Then I listened carefully & I jumped out of my seat.haha They played it twice as well... When Sandile evolved, I think they did an instrumental version of the BW opening.
    - Claimed:

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

Loved the episode. But God I wish Ash just caught it or it joined him as it's going to get annoying reading alot of people predicting Ash is going to catch Krokorok every episode it is set to appear in.

Thank you again Kiba for linking me to the episode. Man those birds were annoying and pretty well coordinated too. Wow, Warubiru voice is much deeper that Sandile. I didn't think it would deepen that much. I really do hope ash catches it in the future.

The writers are doing a really good job at preventing fillers. I guess Pikachu learned Electro Ball over Volt Tackle? Or got a 5th attack.

I'll watch this later. It looks decent.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post

Also, what is up with Oshawott? Everytime he got hit by Boiling Water, it tossed its shell into the ground, realized it tossed it and picks it up.... a running gag perhaps? It was pretty funny.
    Boiling water = shell gets hot, he threw it away then picked it up, it was just hot :P.

The new Evolution animation

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I guess Pikachu learned Electro Ball over Volt Tackle? Or got a 5th attack.
    5th attack. From what I've seen Pokemon don't always forget moves to learn new ones unless they're seen an upgrade of said move. However even though it knows five attacks it'll be limited to four per battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
    The new Evolution animation
    OMG THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Though it helps Sandile and Waruvile are pretty similar. I'd wait until they show some evolution that has a larger disparity such as kaburumo into shubarugo or ... actually there really isn't that much evolution disparity this gen except for maybe futachimaru into daikenki.

can anybody tell me where I can watch the episode online? It's usually on youtube by now but I can't seem to find it! hmph.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyShelgon View Post
    can anybody tell me where I can watch the episode online? It's usually on youtube by now but I can't seem to find it! hmph.
    We can't. Site rules. Since it is technically illegal the site has the rule the avoid any legal issues. My only suggestion is to look for it yourself.

Not gonna say were, but I will say it's up now if you look around

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Oh, yeah, a "bad poster" is someone whom Pepsi_Plunge disagrees with. Yeah, add me to that list, too.

Oh my God! You're answering me despite the fact that I don't deserve it? You're so generous! I feel so honored!

Random filler Pokemon steal Ash's hat. So complete, so exciting! And so unprecedented!

God.

Hey look! I care!

Nothing is impossible. Some things are unlikely, though!

Okay, maybe the episode wasn't filler. This depends on whether that Krokorok returns or not. It's possible that he blasted off forever, y'know.

Moves have NO PLOT MEANING, though. They don't make the episode less filler.

God. Why are you torturing me?
    God, why are your posts so negative? This episode was not a filler. Pikachu learned a new move, and SS evolved. Try watching every other episode from now on, with no knowledge of this episode. It's not a filler, major events happened.

Whether it was filler or not, I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed that episode. The random comedy provided by the Ducklett trio made me laugh out loud numerous times. I also enjoyed the music in this episode, three tracks in particular. I don't think these have been used before this episode. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. The rival theme from the Black and White games was used twice.

2. The theme called "Emotion" (not sure if that is its official name) was used briefly. This is the "sad" theme from the games.

3. An instrumental of the opening theme for Best Wishes was used after Sandile evolved.

All in all, a very entertaining episode with enough plot significance to not make it 100% filler.
    Last edited by VoltTacklingPika; 24th February 2011 at 11:18 PM.

Oops! Sorry for breaking the rules! Found it myself anyway!

It's a pretty sweet episode. It's nice to see excadrill again, even if it did nothing. I'm also liking pika's new move - even if I don't think it deserved that win at the end!

EDIT: oh and how funny is it when scraggy goes up to sandile to headbutt it and oshawott has to hold him back? haha
    Last edited by ShinyShelgon; 24th February 2011 at 11:20 PM.

I loved this episode!

Training
    ~ Ash's Scraggy vs Iris' Axew. These two are perfect rivals for each other. I laughed when Cilan covered his food once Iris commanded Axew to use Dragon Sneeze.
    ~ Oh, Oshawott came out, and that gave Ash the idea to send out Tepig, Snivy, and Sewaddle out also.
    ~ The ground swallowed Ash and Pikachu, and left the three pokeballs behind.

Separation
    ~ Ash and Pikachu slide down a tunnel, made by the Sunglassed Sandile.
    ~ A Ducklett steals Cilan's kitchen utensil. It was hilarious how Mijumaru's shell reflected the Scald onto Iris. Where's the ninja moves you had in the Trubbish and Bianca episodes? HUH?
    ~ Iris, Axew, Scraggy, and Oshawott chase down Huey. Cilan and Pansage check out the hole.
    ~ Back with Ash, Pikachu and Sandile... Sandile wants a battle, they accept. Okay, Ash has encountered Sandile in "A Sandile Gusher of Change" and in the Trubbish episode... shouldn't you have known it was a ground type by now?
    ~ Dewey steals Sandile's glasses, and it becomes a-scared.
    ~ Then Louie steals Ash's hat. They chase them down.
    ~ They battle the Huey, Dewey and Louie... these birds are real as..jerks.
    ~ Pikachu gets caught inside an umbrella when using Thunderbolt.
    ~ REMATCH!
    ~ Pikachu learns Electro Ball! They send the Duckletts flying.
    ~ Its still hilarious seeing Oshawott ragequit after attempting to dodge Scald but having to block it with its scalchop.

Reunion Conclusion
    ~ They reunite its battle time again!
    ~ It was hilarious seeing Scraggy about to Headbutt Sandile but was stopped by Oshawott before he could. lol
    ~ Pikachu has Quick Attack, Thunderbolt (used prior to the battle), Iron Tail, and Electro Ball.
    ~ Sandile has Bite, Dig, and Stone Edge.
    ~ First Unova evolution seen! Sandile evolves into Krokodile.
    ~ Krokodile gets sent blasting off via a collision of Stone Edge and Electro Ball.

Great funny episode! 9/10!

Random : PokéRadar

Well, that was fun.

-The animation was noticibly different this week, but I liked it a lot. It seemed...rounder and led to more dynamic moments. I mean, Pikachu was making some really awesome faces in this episode. I hope that it comes back in a future episode because I would love to see this kind of animation like for a big important battle.

-Now, we had this episode begin with Iris' Kibago vs. Satoshi's Zuruggu. I'm glad they didn't forget this. Unfortunately, they both still suck pretty hard at actual battling. Oh well, keep trying Kiba.

-The Koaruhie were completely hilarious. I hope they come back. My favorite moment was both times of them blasting Mijumaru in the face and then he throws down his shell, but then picks it up. Awwwwww...

-For all these episodes, I was seriously wondering "Why does Meguroco want to fight so badly? I mean, is he just being a total dick or what." So yeah, it wanted to evolve. Kind of a shock. I liked the new evolving evolution though it actually growing into Waruvile was...kinda weird to be honest.

-Loved the part where Zuruggu tried to headbutt Meguroco and Mijumaru pulled him away. It's little things like that that I especially appreciate like when Tsutarja pulled Miju away from the Denchura.

-I was annoyed we didn't see all of Satoshi's mons in this episode like the manga said. However, yay, ElecBall. I don't think I'm supposed to think this, but I love how he makes it with his tail inb4 NOOOO! HE FORGOT VOLT TACKLE

Funny episode today.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    did Ash try to teach Zuruggu any sort of actual attacks?
    At least it was battling

This episode was much better than I was expecting it to be. The Koaruhie triplets were so cute and funny! And I thought it was adorable how Sandile acted when its sunglasses got taken away.

Also, did this episode have a new animator? The style was noticeably different. Mostly the heads and eyes were rounder and the lines were darker. I liked it though, it was very fluid for the most part. Evolution animation was nice to see, it looked like it came straight out of the game.

There was lots of new music in this as well. Title card's changed to something I can't put my finger on, the rival battle music was (finally) used, and the game's opening sequence music got a remix (not sure if this was used before.) There have been others in there too. And Best Wishes! got an instrumental version.

Excadrill got out for about 10 seconds... I really hope it starts appearing more.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

-Kibago VS Scraggy is as hilariously underdramatic as always.
    -Ahahaha, Dento scrambling to protect the food & tableware as Kibago charges up Dragon Sneeze.
    -...Kibago actually sneezed while trying to use its attack!
    -Duck!
    -Ash is about to send out all his Pokes, but...the earth suddenly swallows him! Oh dear!
    -And now the hole sealed itself before Iris & Dento could figure out WTF. That's what happens when you piss off earth spirits, Ash.
    -Dento sends out Yanappu to dig down, and...Iris is going to send out Doryuuzu! As serious as she's intending to be, she's kind of ruining the effect with that zoomed-in super serious expression shot.
    -Oh, of course this is all Sunglasses Meguroko's fault.
    -Falling that far down from the side of a cliff must hurt like hell.
    -Why is this thing so damned obsessed with battling Pikachu, anyway?
    -Iris sends out Doryuuzu! Which...still refuses to listen. To the point where the music dies a painful death.
    -Duck! With Dento's food cover thing on its head!
    -Dento proceeds to value his food cover thing over Ash's wellbeing. I'm surprised at you, Dento! I thought you were a respectable gentleman.
    -The Ducklett fires a watergun at Dento, who dodges it. The attack proceeds to hit Mijumaru, but it deflects it at Iris, who is not pleased. Then Mijumaru stops guarding, and...was that actually Boiling Water? Mijumaru's face is BURNT.
    -Aw, Mijumaru had the cutest little tantrum ever. It even tossed down its shell before running to pick it back up. :3
    -That laugh...that duck is an ASSHOLE!
    -Mijumaru chases after Ducklett because it's angry, Scraggy follows because it likes fighting shit, and Kibago follows because EVERYONE IS RUNNING TO DO STUFF! YAAAAY!
    -Back to Pikachu VS Shadescroc! And...there's the tired old "ELECTRIC MOVES DON'T WORK! GASP!"
    -Then another duck wanders into the middle of the battle. Damned ducks.
    -Shadescroc shoves the duck out of the way, then threatens it by opening its mouth reaaaally wiiiidde, then...the duck just pokes its head into Shadescroc's mouth. What?
    -And now it made Shadescroc sneeze and lose its shades! These ducks are jerks!
    -Aw, Meguroko is so timid without its glasses.
    -Ash and croc go searching for the duck, then...FLOCK OF KOROMORI OUT OF NOWHERE!
    -Oh god, another duck is watching them now. Lemme guess, this is the one that's gonna steal Ash's hat.
    -Yep! Damned jerk ducks.
    -Did those ducks just high five each other? I think they did!
    -Those Duckletts are giving me a strong urge to cook roast duck...
    -Scalding Ash's face, then freezing him solid? That's just uncalled for, Jerk Duck Trio.
    -The BGM is the Battle Subway music! I approve!
    -Pikachu gets trapped under an umbrella, and...shocks itself?!
    -Meanwhile...Iris is swinging on a vine to catch up with Kibago/Mijumaru/Scraggy! And she's not happy with them!
    -Back at Ash...Pikachu is still kinda overloaded on electricity. Hm.
    -Now Ash is trying to resolve the situation...without...fighting? What show am I watching?!
    -And the damned ducks fake him out. JERKS.
    -Finally, the fighting breaks down into a comic dust cloud brawl. (KILL THE DAMNED ASSHOLE DUCKS ALREADY)
    -And now Pikachu FINALLY has a new move! It's...Electro Ball!
    -Just in time for Dento and Iris to finally find Ash again. Way to pull your own weight, guys!
    -Everyone seems kind of helpless to stop the ducks, but I have a solution! Get a hunting rifle & something to roast the ducks on, and...oh, or Pikachu can just Thunderbolt them.
    -Team Douchebag Ducks is blasting off agaaaaaiiin! well, not quite.
    -I'm not sure why, but there's something cute about Zuruggu giving Ash his hat back.
    -...they healed Meguroko at the Pokemon Center too? Even though it's a wild Pokemon? They can do that?!
    -Ahahaha, Dento and Iris look so confused about Meguroko challenging Pikachu.
    -Iris is worried that Pikachu only has like two moves that are effective against ground types, but Dento blathers on about spice and stuff. I'm sure he thinks he's being very deep.
    -Pikachu has some trouble against Dig. Dento feels it's necessary to comment on Dig's spice & the battle's taste.
    -Meguroko is smug, and it starts glowing, and...wait, glowing? No.
    -Or should I say: Yes! It's evolving!
    -OH MY GOD WARUVILE SOUNDS AWESOME. (although its entire line in the games basically sounds like guitars, so...)
    -The instrumental version of Best Wishes used here also sounds awesome.
    -Stone Edge VS Electro Ball ends up with...Waruvile blasting off! Well okay then!

Pretty funny episode, even if I wanted to murder those damned Ducklett. The new pieces of music used were also pretty great.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 25th February 2011 at 12:35 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

-i love how scraggy gives the hat to ash, was idont know cute,
    -evolucion animation was just awesome, and i want to see oshawott´one more now.
    -and i dont know if is just me, but a saw something different in pikachu`s draw, its head is more,,, oval than round. like dreamworld`s pikachu,,,(maybe is just me).

Great episode. I love that we saw Axew and Scraggy being trained and at least Iris remembered she has Excadrill. Some good built up.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast