The Final Tally:
In an extremely close final round, Alakazam is the winner of the past secret set Pokemon Set!
So usually when we come up with the theme for a secret set, the theme doesn't have much to do with Survivor's past. It's either something game related, Pokemon related, or even Survivor voters related... but we rarely ever get you to go look through this massive game to find the set. Well, it's no coincidence that we randomly decided that this time we would make you look through Survivor.
Believe it or not, tomorrow will be the 2nd anniversary for this Pokemon Survivor thread. ER and I revived this game back on February 26th, 2011 after a previous attempt to reboot the game that didn't end up being that popular. Because of that, we never expected this thread to become so huge. We went from having 9-10 average voters in the previous Survivor thread to having 25+ in this thread. Due to that, we now have a huge thread consisting of around 50 sets
, which is absolutely amazing.
So to tie in with this game's anniversary, we've decided that this entire Winners Circle will be made up of sets relating to previous Survivor sets. We've already had one - past Secret Set Pokemon - and until the next Winners Circle begins, all of our sets will be related to this Pokemon Survivor thread.
So if we're looking at Survivor's history, one of the first major changes that happened to Survivor was the inclusion of a brand new type of round. In this round, instead of voting for your least favourite Pokemon, you would vote for your favourite Pokemon, with the most voted Pokemon receiving immunity until the Top 3. This is called the Saved Round. While a Pokemon getting saved has sometimes led to its victory in the set, there have been many times where a saved Pokemon has not gone on to win its set. We're going to be looking back at those Pokemon, as this set is Pokemon that got saved but did not win their set.
Rules of the Game
There will be around 20 Pokémon at the beginning of every set. You will vote off your least favourite, and you will have ONE vote PER ROUND. Breaking this rule will cost you your vote for the round. You may change your vote, but you may only do it once per round, and you must state what your old vote is in the post. Then, the Pokémon who has the most votes at the end of the round is eliminated. All posts in this thread must relate strictly to the current events of the game, and if we deem a post as too off-topic or unrelated, the poster will receive up to a one week ban from the thread.
The Pokémon that wins the set gets added to the Winners Circle! When there are ten Pokémon in the Winners Circle, the same type of thing will happen. Once a winner is decided, it goes into the "Hall of Fame". Once 10 of that is made, it get's added to "Serebii.net Favourite".
If you want to see exactly how this game works, you can visit the previous two Survivor Games here
Now, this game would be no fun if you voted off Pokémon the same way round after round. So, there are a few special rounds that get added into the game to make things interesting. Here they are:
- This is when two Pokémon are left. When this happens you have to be clear if you want the certain one to win or lose. If it is not clear enough, it will not be counted.
- If one of the owners/co-owners puts in size 5 text, bolded, and underlined anything that has "twist" in its name that means there was the same amount of votes for two or more Pokémon. Then, both Pokémon get eliminated.
- Once per game, at a random point, this will occur. Where you vote for your favorite Pokémon that is still in and the Pokémon with the most votes will be immune from voting against until the top 3. At the top 3, it will come back, and create the top 4.
Double Down Round
- This round can occur at any time, at any point, excluding winner's circle and it can occur more than once a set. Here, you must vote for two Pokémon, but the rules still apply that the Pokémon with the most votes is out, though it is likely that there will be a twist.
- This round occurs during every first round of a set. In addition to your regular vote on who you want out, you predict who you think will win the entire set. If a person predicts correctly, they have the ability to automatically eliminate any Pokémon of their choice until the Top 10 begins. If multiple people predict correctly, they vote on who should be eliminated. You cannot participate if you can predict the future.
- This round can only occur before the Top 15. Instead of voting for your least favourite Pokémon, you select your favourite one, and that Pokémon is saved from elimination and cannot be selected by any other voter. When only one Pokémon in the set has not been selected, that one is eliminated. You may not switch your selection.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Hope you enjoy the game! - Silent Conversation
Credit to most sprites goes to pokemonelite2000.com
It's Prediction Time! State who you think will win the set along with your vote. The winner(s) of last set's Prediction Time are at the bottom of the update.
Also, for those who like this kind of stuff, I thought I'd mention that whenever a Pokemon gets eliminated, we'll be mentioning which set they were saved in!
Here are the 19 Saved Pokemon That Didn't Win:
Current Winners Circle
Previous Hall of Fames:
Green Font = Previous Serebii.net Favourite
Current Hall of Fame:
A Serebii.net Favourite!
Well this game has clearly become very predictable, because for the 3rd time in a row we have a huge amount of correct predictors! Also this isn't as big as the record breaking ten winners last time, we do have SIX correct predictors this time. They are: flamebeam, Digipoke, TheGreatGigInTheSky, jakovu, Waterpokes and perfectw! They have to work together to unanimously choose a Pokemon they want to automatically eliminate before the Top 10!