Page 477 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 3774274674734744754764774784794804814875275771477 ... LastLast
Results 11,901 to 11,925 of 43025

Thread: Pokémon Survivor!

Final Tally:
    FTW: 21
    FTW: 16

And Absol Wins The PRR Round!

The whole objective of Pokemon Survivor is to constantly vote our our least favourite Pokemon, until one remains. That Pokemon will go to the Winners Circle, where then we vote our our least favourite of our favourites until our favourite of our favourites remain. That Pokemon goes to the Hall of Fame, where it will stay in the update forever.

Every 10 sets we do this, with the previous Winners Circle's Pokemon that was picked to enter the Hall of Fame was the amazing Magikarp. But it is time to determine this again.

The candidates we have selected come from a variety of different themed sets. The first, Blastoise, was not actually in a set. It was requested to be put in the Winners Circle by CyberBlastoise, who had earned the right to get his wish fulfilled.

The way he earned this is by winning a competition. As a Survivor tradition, SC and I make a set after every Winners Circle, where its theme was a secret from everyone except for ourselves. Each member was allowed to guess what the theme was. Eventually, CyberBlastoise guessed the set correctly, which was Pokemon that have their national Pokedex numbers equal 11. The finals of that set was between Glalie and Weavile, however Glalie was the one who ended up triumphing, winning 14-10, with a total of 24 votes.

The next set, SC and I decided to let you guys have a say in the Pokemon that gets chosen. As a result, 25 members nominated their favourite Pokemon to participate, most good, but some bad. This excluded the SC, the current tallyists, and I, due to another set prior to the previous Winners Circle that contained 5 nominations from each of us. Because of this, we felt it was unfair to nominate again and wanted to give others a chance. The finals of this had Bugwarrior's nomination of Luxray facing off against Dramatic Melody's nomination of Reuniclus. While the battle was close, most of the time Luxray had a small lead on the green blob, but it eventually gained. Therefore, the winner was Luxray winning 18-14, with a total of 32 votes.

Due to Bugwarrior's choice winning, it showed us that his taste of Pokemon related to others, so we let him select the Pokemon for the next set. Unfortunately, this presumption was incorrect as the Pokemon he chose for the set were quite poor. When the saved round came, the voters were forced to chose their favourite of a bad selection, and Ditto was saved. It then went on into the finals were it faced off against Axew, which evolves into a pretty cool Pokemon. Once again, it was a pretty close finals, but due to Axew itself being pretty weak, Ditto managed to win 16-14, with a total of 30 votes.

For the next set SC and I decided to pay tribute to the coolest thing in existence, evil, by having the theme of the set be based on the Pokemon that each evil team in the main games own. Coincidentally, the finals ended up being a face-off between the mascot Pokemon of Team Magma, Camerupt, and the mascot Pokemon of Team Aqua, Sharpedo. It was an incredibly close finals, with the tally often being tied. However, Team Magma proved to have the superior mascot, as Camerupt triumphed by a mere ONE vote, winning 19-18, with a massive total of 37 votes. This evil team mascot battle was probably the closest finals in survivor history.

SC and I then decided to be unoriginal do something different by not having a theme, so the 25 Pokemon for that set were determined by a random number generator. While most Pokemon were poor, there were quite a few that were pretty good. But because of the great difference of opinions between many of the voters, most of the good Pokemon were voted out, leaving a finals between...Lairon and Phanpy. Due to this, there were less voters in the finals than usual, and Lairon won 16-12, with a mere total 28 votes.

At a point between each Winners Circle, SC and I usually have a set that breaks the formula, so THE GRAND ANIME TRAINERS’ SET OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!!!!1!!! was introduced. This was a set containing every single Pokemon each main character of the Anime has owned at any point, a grand total of 96. Due to the great amount, and to shake things up, SC and I separated the process of determining the winner into 5 different phases.

The first phase was conducted by dividing each Pokemon into miniature sets based on the trainer that the Pokemon belonged to. When approximately half of each mini set were voted off, the remaining went on to the next phase, bringing the total amount of Pokemon down to 48.

The second phase had each voter ranking their 12 least favourite Pokemon, and points were added to the Pokemon determined by the inverse of their rank (so if a Pokemon got #1 on a list, they would gain 12 points, if a Pokemon got #2 on a list, they would gain 11 points, etc.). Then, the 12 Pokemon with the most points would be eliminated, bringing the total amount of Pokemon down to 36.

The third widely disliked phase was similar to regular voting, except a random number generator would be involved. However, the amount of votes would determine the likelihood of a Pokemon being eliminated. When 12 Pokemon were eliminated this way, the next phase occurred, bringing the total amount of Pokemon down to 24.

The fourth phase had SC and I decide to reward the voters for their loyalty to the game by giving them almost no say in the Pokemon getting eliminated. Instead, we had them nominate members who had never posted in the game. We then PMed those members asking them what their least favourite Pokemon of the ones still remaining. The first six that responded, had their least favourite automatically eliminated, bringing the total amount of Pokemon down to 18.

The final phase, with 18 remaining, had SC and I decide to revert back to ordinarily voting for the duration of the set. Out of all the 96 Pokemon in the entire set, the two last Pokemon were Herracross and Swellow. However, due to the length of the set, it had made a lot of voters lose interest, and the final round was not all that popular. After a month and 11 days, and exactly 100 pages, THE GRAND ANIME TRAINERS’ SET OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!!!!1!!! was concluded with Swellow winning 13-8, with a mere total of 21 votes, even less than the no themed round. However, because of the largeness of the set, SC and I decided to include the runner up, Herracross to the Winners Circle as well.

The following set, SC and I felt sorry for the Pokemon that were eliminated first, so we decided to have a set containing the previous 20 Pokemon that came in last place, surprisingly containing a few good Pokemon. Instantly, all the hatred was turned towards Blaziken, which many felt were overrated. However, the Blaziken lovers managed to outweigh the Blaziken haters, and it did not get eliminated for a couple of rounds. Instead, the last placers out of all last placers was Terrakion. A saved round was then called to finally determine Blaziken's fate. It looked like the Blaziken lovers were all united, and the Pokemon was going to be saved. However, it was automatically eliminated by the previous prediction time winner(s), preventing Blaziken from being safe. With Blaziken gone, the ones who voted for it were divided between saving Leavnny or Magnezone; but former was the one who had the majority in the end. Leavanny then returned later on, and made it to the finals, where it faced off against Magnezone once again. But unlike last time, the determination was not which would be saved, but which would win. Just like the Team Magma vs. Team Aqua finals, it was close, but unlike one constantly being tied, this face-off had one of them constantly ahead by one vote. This reflected onto the final tally, where Leavanny won 14-13, with a total of 27 votes.

This brings us to the most recent set, where I payed tribute to my other game, Pokemon Royal Rumble, by including Pokemon from that game that people had won with. There were many good Pokemon, but a lot were disliked, making the set really interesting. When the saved round occurred, in the beginning a few were voting Jellicent to be saved. However, a massive slew of voters came and voted for Latios, catching up to Jellicent, and surpassing it. When Latios returned, it was met with a lot of hate. However, it survived because Kyogre was eliminated that set. In the next round, it was a close tie between Umbreon, Absol, and it to see who would get voted out, but it ended up being Umbreon. Therefore, it managed to make it to the finals, where it faced off against Absol. But due to its dislike, Absol was the winner, winning 21-16, with a total of 37 votes, and making it the final Pokemon to enter the Winners Circle.

And so, this brings us to where we are now. With 10 Pokemon in the Winners Circle, it is time to determine who is the best out of them. Who will win? Who will lose? That is up for you guys to determine. There are 10 Pokemon that you picked for a reason, but only ONE may enter the Hall of Fame. It is time to find out.

THIS IS POKEMON SURVIVOR!

Rules of the Game

There will be around 20 Pokemon at the beginning of every set. You will vote off your least favourite, and you will have ONE vote PER ROUND. Breaking this rule will cost you your vote for the round. You may change your vote, but you may only do it once per round, and you must state what your old vote is in the post. Then, the Pokemon who has the most votes at the end of the round is eliminated. You are allowed to post without a vote, but you must make it clear somewhere in the post that you have already voted.

The Pokemon that wins the set gets added to the Winners Circle! When there are ten pokemon in the Winners Circle, the same type of thing will happen. Once a winner is decided, it goes into the "Hall of Fame". Once 10 of that is made, it get's added to "Serebii.net Favourite".

If you want to see exactly how this game works, you can visit the previous two Survivor Games here or here.

Special Rounds
    Now, this game would be no fun if you voted off Pokemon the same way round after round. So, there are a few special rounds that get added into the game to make things interesting. Here they are:

Finals - This is when two pokemon are left. When this happens you have to be clear if you want the certain one to win or lose. If it is not clear enough, it will not be counted.

Twist Round - If one of the owners/co-owners puts in size 5 text, bolded, and underlined anything that has "twist" in its name that means there was the same amount of votes for two or more pokemon. Then, both pokemon get eliminated.

Saved Round - Once per game, at a random point, this will occur. Where you vote for your favorite Pokemon that is still in and the Pokemon with the most votes will be immune from voting against until the top 3. At the top 3, it will come back, and create the top 4.

Double Down - This round can occur at any time, at any point, excluding winner's circle and it can occur more than once a set. Here, you must vote for two pokemon, but the rules still apply that the pokemon with the most votes is out, though it is likely that there will be a twist.

Prediction Time - This round occurs during every first round of a set. In addition to your regular vote on who you want out, you predict who you think will win the entire set. If a person predicts correctly, they have the ability to automatically eliminate any Pokemon of their choice until the Top 10 begins. If multiple people predict correctly, they vote on who should be eliminated. You cannot participate if you can predict the future.

Private Round - This round can happen more than once per set, but in addition it can also not happen during a set. In this round, you MUST PM either Sinnoh Champion or Electivire Addict your vote (depending on who is updating next) as opposed to in the thread itself.

Credit to most sprites goes to pokemonelite2000.com

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Hope you enjoy the game! - Sinnoh Champion & Electivire Addict

Current Tallyists
    King World
    MarshtompMan
    Ditto123
    Hydrohs (Temporary Updater)

You probably know this, but just as a reminder there is no prediction time in the Winners Circle. There is also no auto elimination either, so the winners of prediction time last time will be announced in the following set

Here are the 10 Winners Circle Pokemon:

My vote:

Voted Off:

Saved

Current Winners Circle

Previous Hall of Fame
    Cyndaquil
    Espeon
    Gardevoir
    Lapras
    Ninetales
    Typhlosion

Current Hall of Fame
    Charizard
    Dragonite
    Houndoom
    Snorlax
    Magikarp

A Serebii.net Favorite!
    Espeon

Lairon out, good job Absol, good job.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby Team

Never Give Up

By the gods, EA. Just so you don't feel you wasted your time, I read every word.

I'll vote Lairon as well.

Current Tally:
    Lairon: 3

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    By the gods, EA. Just so you don't feel you wasted your time, I read every word.
    Thanks. I didn't expect it to be that long, or take so long (3 hours). If I did I probably would have made it shorter

It was interesting to revisit the previous rounds.

Though it feels like the last Winner's Circle wasn't even that long ago.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's been a couple of months.

And I did it because I remembered last winners circle, people were questioning how certain Pokemon won

I vote for Ditto.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Lairon. No sense in having him.

leavanny is worse than larion so im voting leavanny out
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

I'm gonna vote Leavanny

Lairon is cool, evolves into Aggron.

Leavanny and Heracross are on my hit list.

Wow. I read everything because I missed most of the precious rounds. Lairon go bye-bye.

This Tally Is Brought To You By The Fact That EA's Sig Is Only True For Certain Americans Since I Don't Start School Until September:
    Lairon: 6
    Leavanny: 2
    Ditto: 1

My vote is Lairon.

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

Leavanny .

~

I vote Glalie

I vote Lairon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Description: I am sexy
    ~I Like Boys~

I vote Lairon
    "Strong Pokemon.
    Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Current Tally:
    Lairon: 8
    Leavanny: 3
    Ditto: 1
    Glalie: 1

Leavanny can leave.
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6081 8633
    Pokemon White FC: 1721 2727 6172
    League of Legends: ElTazo

Wow, that recap was... long. I still read it though (however, if we ever get to the next Hall of Fame, I'm writing the recap, because if your recaps are this long for a Winners' Circle, I fear for a pre-HoF recap)

My vote: Lairon - I hated this win the most out of all the rounds leading up to this Winners Circle
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I didn't go all "tl;dr" either SC! I read it all too. Already voted.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Description: I am sexy
    ~I Like Boys~

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Wow, that recap was... long. I still read it though (however, if we ever get to the next Hall of Fame, I'm writing the recap, because if your recaps are this long for a Winners' Circle, I fear for a pre-HoF recap)
    Haha, I didn't intend for it to be that long. I just started writing, and when I was done I posted it and I saw how big it was

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    "There's a birdhouse in your soul." Armando sang to himself whilst awaiting Absol to be given his rightful place as the leader of this round so he ran to see absol but all of a sudden he got decapitated by a swinging axe which appeared out of nowhere.
    I think I might love you.

I vote for Leavanny.

Blastoise!
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Ditto Begone!

The Smash Bros Thread Got Closed Tally
    Lairon: 9
    Leavanny: 5
    Ditto: 2
    Glalie: 1
    Camerupt: 1
    Blastoise: 1

Page 477 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 3774274674734744754764774784794804814875275771477 ... LastLast