Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iris's future rivals

Default iris's future rivals

ash has gain shooti as a rival and bella as a rival and cilian is shown to have a rivalry with carbernet (sorry if mispelt) but iris doesnt have any and it has been 20 episodes her doryuzzu is shown to be quite a powerhouse and she might have more pokemon like it up her sleeve but as she does not enter contests like may and dawn and is not a gym leader like misty how will she gain a rival.in my opinion i think she might gradually gain a very strong rivalry against ash and that could build up to her mabye asking her dad( at this point shaga) for him to let her battle ash for the badge instead of him what do you think....

Doryuzzu might just be one of those Pokemon that will pop up every 20 episodes or more to just do some pety battling in case of an immergency. Pokemon with hardly no screentime like Horsea, Krabby, Crobat and Vulpix.

My ideal battle ever!

maybe a dragon-type rival could work. But, there's nothing more I see that Iris needs cause she speaks for herself
    BUCKLE UP FOR BEST WISHES TWO! (AND THE LEAGUE IS HERE!!! )

If you think that the Sinnoh saga was the worst saga yet, copy & paste this to your sig. (Started by Yankees4life)

Isn't it a bit early to speak of rivels when we've only seen them once or twice?
    meep.

Considering Cilan just got a rival this many episodes in, Iris could easily get her own later own. But I would think she would either have to tame the pokemon she already have or at least catch a new one. Not much reason for a rivalry if you can't actually battle.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Iris? Rival?

Hahahahaha
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

maybe they will find a way to bring misty, may and dawn backover time and there could be a bit of rivalry going on with them?

Quote Originally Posted by neptune_84 View Post
    maybe they will find a way to bring misty, may and dawn backover time and there could be a bit of rivalry going on with them?
    Hell no! They've all gotten enough screentime, there's no point in bringing any of them back just to be Iris's rival.

I personally don't see the point in giving her a rival since she doesn't have a competitive type goal and she barely battles as it is.
    ** BZZZZZZZZZT **

Maybe someone competing with Iris to take Drayden's position as gym leader? I dunno we gotta wait till we find what Iris' goals are beyond evolving Axew fully.

Quote Originally Posted by neptune_84 View Post
    Pokemon: Harem Frontier. I can already smell the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Hybrid View Post
    you were joking, right?
    BUCKLE UP FOR BEST WISHES TWO! (AND THE LEAGUE IS HERE!!! )

If you think that the Sinnoh saga was the worst saga yet, copy & paste this to your sig. (Started by Yankees4life)

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Hybrid View Post
    Oh lord if that actually happened I'd bow to the writers as gods. XD

I like the idea of Ash as a kind of rival. Having Iris tie into her gym leader title with a twist is clever and would be nice to see. Other than that, I don't see Iris gaining any other permanent rivals because of her lack of doing much of anything like Cilan and Ash do.
    "Never put a sock in the toaster" - Eddie Izzard

What's happened to all the veterans?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE PEOPLE I KNOW AND DISAGREE/AGREE WITH!!!!!

EDIT: Sorry deathseer, Yankees4life and TsukiMirage.

Iris will make progression throught the journey that her pokemon will gain full trust too her, therefore, she will be the main rival of ash.
    ]

Iris doesn't need a rival; she's already her own worst nightmare

Seriously though, I would love it if she got one. I would love to see an in-game character appear in the anime as Iris's rival, but that probably won't happen. I really hope that they add someone who can motivate Iris to find a goal. I know she's on a quest to evolve her Axew or whatever, but I would love for her to find a real hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    maybe a dragon-type rival could work.
    Like Drayden? I would seriously die if he showed up as her rival
    Last edited by Lorde; 2nd March 2011 at 5:49 AM.

She doesn't need a rival.
    B2 Team: [tentative]

I doubt she'll be a rival with anyone.

Dento got a highly possible rival, for a hobby where people just, see the relationship between Trainer and Pokemon, so Iris could get one.

But more than 1? Doubtful.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I think she will not get a rival in this saga. She will probably leave anyway at the end of the saga without having an interesting goal.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Who knows, Maybe it'll be Touko.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

While Iris isnt intended to be co-star or anything with her role being of supporting nature that doesnt stop her from some rivarly between her and other character getting established.

If Cilan whose role is to be sidekick received some rival too ,there is no reason why Iris couldnt receive some rival which could pose obstacle on her path to achieve her dreams aswell.
    Nothing which would require too much dedication to same measure like Ash or coordinators received but for good development alot of screentime isnt necessary being sufficient to focus on rivarly between Iris and someone else ocasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPunch View Post
    Hell no! They've all gotten enough screentime, there's no point in bringing any of them back just to be Iris's rival.
    I disagree.Bringing any of those characters back to give it more development and expansion on its story would be nice twist giving us chance to watch those characters grow more.
    Not to mention reusing older characters would be better in my opinion than constant character replacing leaving older ones to rot,pleasing alot of fans.

While ill agree how May or Dawn got satisfactory development,Misty hardly got enough with writers leaving lot of thing in her story underdeveloped(like her goal for example which is going at this point nowhere,her relatively unown past etc) leaving lot of potential untapped.

I'm doubting she'll even get one. What use would a rival do her? Her main focus as of now is Axew getting stronger and evolving, and most likely she'll start paying attention to Excadrill not listening to her and train with it or something and have it listen.

Rivals aren't really needed for that. So unless she gets something else to do I don't see it likely that she'll get a rival at all.

Not every character needs a rival after all.

In my opinion anyways.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I'm doubting she'll even get one. What use would a rival do her? Her main focus as of now is Axew getting stronger and evolving, and most likely she'll start paying attention to Excadrill not listening to her and train with it or something and have it listen.
    Maybe the gang meet someone with a powerfull excadrill, Iris says she has one, brings it out and insults her for not having it trained well - which she'd hate as she sometimes mocks Ash, so she decides to one day beat the trainer with her obediant Excadrill.
    I don’t like the people that leave comments on the internet.

They preach they’re perfect while they’re f*****g you with intellect.

BIRD IS THE WORD

If Iris is to get a rival, it will be someone who will be competing against her for the position of becoming the new Gym Leader that will replace Drayden seeing as he is an older trainer.

But, if Iris hasn't gained a rival by episode 50 (and I'm being generous by giving her thirty more on this), then she won't be getting a rival period and will end up being just the token regional female character who is only to fill a spot in the cast that will be leaving the series (at least as an every episode appearing character) once Ash finshes his Unova region challenge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast