Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Lost World of Gothitelle! (680)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    THIS.

But wait! Now we're going to speculate on which one of Ash's pokemon will be replaced with Kurumiru/Sewaddle later!
    It will be the same Mamepato for Kurumiru according to episode 25, he can make the trade use it and in the next episode get Mamepato again.

This episode looks confusing from the photos.

Other than the exchange for Pidove, this episode was pretty much a filler episode to me, following the same formula that the sho has operated on in the past, minus Team Rocket.
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Current Team: Talonflame, Greninja, Sylveon, , ,
    Current upcoming team(s): , , , , ,

People need to stop, they haven't seen the episode and they're already complaining? WTF.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

After watching the episode, it seemed like an interesting one but also one where knowing what is being said would help a lot.

Ash and that seem to have travel back it time(Or be caught in some kind of illusion of the past). Back then Gothitelle was more happy because it's friend was around but at some point she grew up and left somewhere and Gothitelle ended up being sad and mad. Not sure exactly why it sent Ash and that to the past and whatnot, maybe just taking it's anger out on someone.

It's a good cool down episode I'd say.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

What in the world is going on in this latest episode? It's times like this when a sub is definitely needed...

I felt really bad for Gothitelle when it was crying, I'm telling you I don't think I've ever seen a pokemon look so emotional. Then when Gothitelle wiped the girls eyes was so sweet.

Apart from that my mind is completely boggled, they travelled through time, two versions of the one girl and one thing I really didn't get was in the flash back it clearly showed the girl leaving gothitelle driving away in a car....but then gothitelle was in the car in the next scene. Was Gothitelle creating some kind of mirage because it missed the girl so much?

Did Gothitelle die? Like was it a ghost? I hope it wasn't a ghost, that would be sad.
    Last edited by Sponge; 3rd March 2011 at 9:42 PM.

So this is one of those "Pi-Kahuna" episodes, where the heroes accomplish nothing and the entire episode is based around and resolved by the CoTD. Booooriiiiing. :V

Eh, I liked seeing Gothitelle animated. Still wonder what exactly is the story behind it, is it a spirit or what?

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Quote Originally Posted by Camus View Post
    trip owns a lampent? ç_ç
    Yeah, and he seems to be "attempting" to help out with a Venipede clean up as it were. Oh and Burgh is going to be in it (secret stash of Venipede breaking loose?...)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    After watching the episode, it seemed like an interesting one but also one where knowing what is being said would help a lot.
    I got the basic gist of it... I'll "attempt" to explain this.

Ash and that seem to have travel back it time(Or be caught in some kind of illusion of the past). Back then Gothitelle was more happy because it's friend was around but at some point she grew up and left somewhere and Gothitelle ended up being sad and mad. Not sure exactly why it sent Ash and that to the past and whatnot, maybe just taking it's anger out on someone.

It's a good cool down episode I'd say.
    Alright, I think I got this:

- Ash and co. arrive at Skyarrow bridge.
    - CotD tells them a bit about Skyarrow bridge when it was being built and whatnot.
    - There is fog, so Officer Jenny decides to send out a Swanna (interesting choice), and tells it to use Defog (ironic, since that was in Gen IV and was pretty much never used in Sinnoh. Come to think of it, I don't even remember there being fog in Sinnoh).
    - It doesn't, and she nearly gets hit by a passing car... sort of.
    - They decide to cross Skyarrow, but nearly get hit by a Psybeam.
    - Gothitelle isn't very happy about any of this, and attacks them.
    - Ash attempts to battle her with Snivy, but the damn lolita is quite resilient.
    - Doesn't quite work, then get "blasted" by some kind of Psychic energy and are sent back.
    - Cilan is pondering as to why she may be doing this.
    - The come across what appears to be a ferrying service of sorts (with a tugboat... what the?)
    - There's this little girl that appears to be friends with Gothitelle (and Gothitelle doesn't seem all that unnerved by Ash and co.'s presence... hmmm)
    - They decide to board the tugboat, and get about halfway before you can tell that Skyarrow bridge is missing a huge chunk to it (i.e. it hasn't finished being built... big clue here).
    - You see Gothitelle and the little girl quite happy together.
    - They pass through some very dense fog, and suddenly they're back at the main port.
    - Afterwards they observe Gothitelle helping out this little girl with some supplies and whatnot for whatever that boathouse thingy is.
    - Cilan has a theory of what may be going on, so it's back to the bridge.
    - Once they get back, Gothitelle is still "guarding" it.
    - Ash once again challenges Gothitelle to a battle, once again with Snivy, and tries a bit more. But Gothitelle is still pretty damn strong.
    - Gothitelle starts picking up bits and pieces of construction material from an "incomplete" Skyarrow bridge, and prepares to launch them.
    - That lady from earlier in the episode appears, and... wait a second, could it be?
    - Yup, that lady is actually the older self of the little girl that was friends with Gothitelle.
    - Turns out, that before Skyarrow bridge was built/being built, her and her dad has this little ferry service going on, where they would transport people over to Castelia (as far as I'm noticng), they also provided a cafe of sorts inside the main building.
    - Once Skyarrow was complete, there really was no need for such a service, so everyone pretty much stopped coming to that "cafe".
    - Because of the lack of business (again, I do not know any Japanese, this is pure interpreting based off of what I'm seeing), they end up leaving, and for whatever reason have to leave Gothitelle behind (my guess, it's a wild Gothitelle).
    - Some other details, I'm guessing, of memories between CotD and Gothitelle.
    - Something occurs, Gothitelle feels a bit better... Ash and co. + CotD get transported back to the entrance of Skyarrow.
    - What do you know, the bridge is whole again! It was just a vision of the past.
    - Gothitelle is right on top of one of the support structures on the bridge, before vanishing via fog.
    - Other bits I don't understand, then Ash and co. run off to Castelia.

Not a bad episode. It would probably be better if I knew what they were saying, but, I'm pretty patient; I'll wait for subs.

Also, I knew they were in the past once I saw Skyarrow being incomplete. Huge giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Did Gothitelle die? Like was it a ghost? I hope it wasn't a ghost, that would be sad.
    I doubt it. But for a second I thought the CotD was one. Especially since there is a girl ghost on one of the bridges in Unova. Course, then I remembered that is on Marvelous Bridge, not Skyarrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    So this is one of those "Pi-Kahuna" episodes, where the heroes accomplish nothing and the entire episode is based around and resolved by the CoTD. Booooriiiiing. :V

Eh, I liked seeing Gothitelle animated. Still wonder what exactly is the story behind it, is it a spirit or what?
    Well, the way I see it:
    - Ash swapped Sewaddle for Pidove
    - We get some interesting history regarding Skyarrow (afterall, it's one of the more "prominent" landmarks in Unova).
    - We got to see Gothitelle in action.

/CL
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 3rd March 2011 at 9:54 PM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Why exactly does Gothitelle vanish at the end though? Was it from the past? Did it even exist? :S

The whole swirling fog was freaky and made no sense...

Boring episode. Imo the most exciting thing that happened here was Ash switching out Sewaddle for Pidove.

Random : PokéRadar

I didn't think it was that boring. I think it'll seem better when everybody fully understands what they were saying.

Yeah it's probably an episode that relies heavily on people knowing exactly what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Apart from that my mind is completely boggled, they travelled through time, two versions of the one girl and one thing I really didn't get was in the flash back it clearly showed the girl leaving gothitelle driving away in a car....but then gothitelle was in the car in the next scene. Was Gothitelle creating some kind of mirage because it missed the girl so much?
    Pretty sure what happened here was the girl asked Gothitelle to come with them, then when she grew older and (if i'm hearing correctly) went off to become a doctor and had to go off on her own, which saddened Gothitelle who then kept going back to the past to spend time with the younger girl who played with it all the time.

But at the end it still boggled me as to why Gothitelle disappeared again...

For a filler, it didn't seem like a filler. People are saying oh it's just another filler, the same old formula. No. It's not. There was no:

Ash and Co arrive ______.
    They meet _____.
    _____ has a problem with (Pokemon).
    Team Rocket tries to steal (Pokemon).
    _____'s problem is resolved.
    Farewell to _____ with sunset in the background.

This episode actually tried to be as far from a filler as possible with what it had to work with, and pulled off an interesting story to boot. If all fillers in BW are like this it could be a very interesting series.
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

-Cilan acting as Unova’s Tour Guide again with that impressively advanced town map.
    -Random COTD saying mysterious thing ‘This place has changed completely’. Ash thinks she's cute.
    -Ash rotates his team. Huh, go figure.
    -Juniper says she’s got ‘enough data’ from Pidove. Hmmm.
    -Oooh…Nostalgia about a ferry before the bridge was built. Progress is evil and all that.
    -Mist appears. Jenny says it’s ‘come again.’
    -Swanna - weirdest choice for the police Pokemon ever.
    -Oh, she’s trying to use ‘defog’ or something I guess.
    -The gang is mildly amused for 1 second with awkward laughter at Jenny. O.o
    -ATTACK! Cilan recognises it instantly as Psybeam.
    -Gothitelle’s voice is deep. Too deep. Weirder than Scolipede’s voice was when I first heard it.
    -Ash: ‘We just want to cross this bridge!’ Gothitelle: ‘YOU SHALL NOT PASS!’
    -The combination of Psybeam and Leaf Storm sends them into the time slip.
    -Oh Cilan, always with the useful advice ‘Let’s get on the boat, it might give us a clue as to what this place is.’ If this were a horror movie, he’d be the first to die.
    -Now Gothitelle’s voice is really high. And she/he is incredibly happy.
    -Despite the overwhelming creepiness of the whole situation (and the music!) Ash and Iris stuff themselves with candy. What children. :P
    -And Cilan too!
    -He just realised what’s going on. -_____-
    -They’ve returned to where they came from. The plot thickens.
    -‘This may be a closed world. No matter how many times we board the ferry, we may just keep returning here.’ Cilan, I’m sorry, I take it back. You would be the last to die if this were a horror movie.
    -This little brat even uses Gothitelle to open doors for her. Lazy.
    -Turns out she is the daughter of the Captain. Surprise.
    -Gothitelle isn’t her Pokemon?! Just some random who started helping out with the boat. o…kay…
    - O>o ‘This may be a world by by Gothitelle.’ Yep. Cilan again. Apparently he’s Hermione, only slower.
    -Lot’s of exposition for the people not keeping up.
    -Monster Gagatelle is back.
    -Blah blah ‘we can’t be here,’ blah blah ‘send us back to our world!’ blah blah
    -Cilan suggests Ash battle Gothitelle. Apparently Pansage and Dwebble were busy.
    -Oh Sally’s back! And older. Oh wait - she’s the cute chic from before. Huh, go figure.
    -‘You trapped me inside this world too, while I was walking along the bridge.’ Apparently Gothitelle only attacks Anime protagonists when they cross the bridge. Good luck, Goku.
    -Ok, so they took Gothitelle with them when they left, and then when Sally went off to become a doctor Gothitelle left and disappeared somewhere.
    -Now she’s doing her residency somewhere nearby and came back for a visit.
    -More cherished memories.
    -And then we’re back.
    -And Gothitelle just disappears.
    -Final words. We’re clad we got to see those memories etc etc. Bye bye good luck work hard etc etc.
    -And the end.

Also, this can't technically be counted as filler because it a)featured an in-game location and b) Ash did the random Pokemon rotating.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post

Also, this can't technically be counted as filler because it a)featured an in-game location and b) Ash did the random Pokemon rotating.
    THIS!!!

Sky Arrow Bridge is not just one random bridge, it's a landmark in Unova and a game location and they arrived in Castelia City too. I hope most of the rotating during Ash's travel in Unova occurs on-screen.

Wink

THIS!!!

Sky Arrow Bridge is not just one random bridge, it's a landmark in Unova and a game location and they arrived in Castelia City too. I hope most of the rotating during Ash's travel in Unova occurs on-screen.

-The combination of Psybeam and Leaf Storm sends them into the time slip.
    OH! So that's what that was... makes sense now.

-‘This may be a closed world. No matter how many times we board the ferry, we may just keep returning here.’ Cilan, I’m sorry, I take it back. You would be the last to die if this were a horror movie.
    Didn't know Psychic types could do that...

-Gothitelle isn’t her Pokemon?! Just some random who started helping out with the boat. o…kay…
    Hihi! Score another one! I had a feeling it was a wild one.

-Cilan suggests Ash battle Gothitelle. Apparently Pansage and Dwebble were busy.
    That, or he wanted to recreate the circumstances that sent them back in time in the first place.

-‘You trapped me inside this world too, while I was walking along the bridge.’ Apparently Gothitelle only attacks Anime protagonists when they cross the bridge. Good luck, Goku.
    Oops... That clarifies things a bit though.

-Ok, so they took Gothitelle with them when they left, and then when Sally went off to become a doctor Gothitelle left and disappeared somewhere.
    Okay, so that's what all those memories were about...

Not only featured, but hey, we even got a bit of history on it .

Also, a few things were cleared up, so to speak. Thanks.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

-The gang's almost to Hiun City! And the city & bridge both look pretty cool in this opening shot, I must say.
    -Apparently, all Unova Pokemarts are basically just 7-11s in the anime. Even though they're really just part of Pokemon Centers in the games now.
    -COTD spotted already!
    -Ash sends back Kurumiru for Mamepato. See, the bird's not going to entirely rot away. Yet.
    -COTD Lady is looking at some pictures of the bridge, and...new music alert! I can't immediately tell what it is, either!
    -Why is Jenny suddenly here and doing stuff? And why is Swanna now a police Pokemon? Wouldn't the Lilipup line be a better choice for that?
    -Oh, she was trying to have it use Defog. But it didn't work! Pfft, useless cops!
    -I like how they bothered to include red lights at the top of the bridge. It's the little details that make for good animation~
    -Oh, and Gothitelle blocks off AshnCo's way with Psybeam. Yawn.
    -HOLY CRAP ITS VOICE. I was expecting something...higher pitched.
    -I like how Ash doesn't even try to figure out why the future-predicting Pokemon is blocking their way. He just has Snivy try to end the problem with violence. Way to put on your thinking cap, man!
    -And thanks to Ash's lack of thought, everyone gets sent into a mysterious white void! I smell time-travel...
    -That little girl is totally the past version of the lady from the start of the episode. And since she seems to be in the business of ferrying people across...oh god, Gothitelle's been stopping people from getting across so that she can do the ferry thing again, hasn't it?
    -There's a(nother?) Gothitelle in the past! And...that one actually has the vocal pitch I was expecting!
    -Blah blah OMG THEY'RE IN THE PAST! blah blah sky arrow bridge is going to ruin the ferry business blah blah I'm totally right blah.
    -Wait, they somehow went across the river but then wound up back where they started? What?
    -It must be nice having psychic Pokemon to do all your heavy lifting for you.
    -Dento seems to have figured something out, since he's going off on a big speech about Pokemon and trainers and precious something-or-others.
    -Apparently Gothitelle's voice only gets really low when it's pissed off. Good to know!
    -Looks like the bunch of Gothitelle from the preview was just Double Team.
    -Wait, when did we get back to the present? COTD Lady from the start just showed up!
    -Pffffft, Gothitelle's face at COTD Lady coming back is PRICELESS.
    -So apparently Gothitelle came with them when they first moved away from the bridge, but then COTDLady left on her own when she grew up & Gothitelle just kind of...wandered off for some reason.
    -I'm sure this scene would be very touching if I could understand Japanese.
    -Gothitelle just vanished into thin air. Wut?

If it wasn't for Sky Arrow Bridge, this episode would be total filler. Sure, it was kind of sweet(/assumption, since this episode seems like it really depends on actually understanding what people are saying), but it's still very solidly filler.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Wow, someone agrees with me on that.
    Last edited by garfield15; 4th March 2011 at 5:13 AM.

How is an in-game location make something not filler? They visited game locations in past saga and nothing important happened, so they were filler.

Hmm I was a bit dissapointed with this episode. Was hoping a lot more from Gothitelle. But oh well. Overall, 6/10

Awe well I enjoyed the episode, next weeks episode looks more fun though however its great to see Ash is starting to switch Pokemon again. I really liked the animation in this episode too, I love the animation this series its just been great and some times its truley amazing in some.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I think I understand the episode, but parts are still confusing. This is when I need to watch the dub.

It was sad when I realized the bridge ruined their business. But what was with Gothitelle disappearing at the end? It died? WTF?

6.5/10. Like I said, I need english.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Wow, someone agrees with me on that.
    I've been saying this for ages. By seeing the episode pictures, it seems interesting, but not as interesting as the last 4 episodes.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Not being a filler doesn't save an episode from being lackluster.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast