Page 2 of 334 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

'On The Floor' was a surprise comeback to me. J-Lo is definitely going to return bigger than I would think.

Pitbull is a hit-and-miss. But I love the bit where he says "I'm like inception, I play with your brain" on the song! Haha!

===

Ke$ha - Blow

Grower track. Probably her worst single to date TBH.

I want to check the video on YouTube but I can't at the moment. It said to have unicorns and a celeb. Okay. The video is pretty cool TBH. Unicorns! LOL
    Last edited by finalname09; 8th March 2011 at 1:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Anywho. J Lo. On The Floor. It is too damn catchy and it is currently #1 on iTunes. The video is pretty meh to me. It also sucks that Pitbull is involved. But oh well. Whatcha gonna do right?
    How did that get to #1 on iTunes? Don't get me wrong, the song is catchy, but I don't think it's really that great. When I heard that J Lo was coming out with new material, I was interested. But the song hasn't captured my complete interest. It's sort of sad too, since it was produced by RedOne, and he usually produces some amazing tracks. Anyway, I've seen the video for the song, and it's just average. Although I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much to begin with. Also: that Pitbull guy is sort of annoying. Js.

Do all these posts have to be about female singers? (except for Gaga. God knows what she is) Setiously? Let's talk some Lil Wayne.
    Generic Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Generic User Name View Post
    Do all these posts have to be about female singers? (except for Gaga. God knows what she is) Setiously? Let's talk some Lil Wayne.
    He ugly.

Moving on. I am still obsessed with that song bottoms up by Trey songz. Still love it.

Marry the Night

I need Britney's 'Inside Out' now.
    White Friend Code:
    1291 - 7521 - 4646

Let's talk some Lil Wayne.
    Isn't he in prison or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Moving on. I am still obsessed with that song bottoms up by Trey songz. Still love it.
    I remember hearing that song last year. It's sort of old, isn't it? I like it and all, but my initial interest in it has faded a bit. I guess I just tend to stick with pop songs that are sung by female artists :x

Anyway, Born This Way is at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for its fourth straight week. You know what really grinds my gears? That Bad Romance only reached number two on there, yet Born This Way, which isn't that great, has been at number one for 4 weeks now. Gah! Anyway, here's the top ten songs on there this week:

March 10, 2011′s Billboard hot 100 singles top 10

• No. 1 – Lady Gaga, “Born This Way”
    • No. 2 – Cee-Lo Green’s “F**k You (Forget You)”
    • No. 3 – Rihanna, “S&M”
    • No. 4 – Pink, “F**kin’ Perfect”
    • No. 5 – Jennifer Lopez, “On the Floor”
    • No. 6 – Bruno Mars’ “Grenade”
    • No. 7 – Ke$ha, “Blow”
    • No. 8 – Katy Perry, “E.T.”
    • No. 9 – Enrique Iglesias, “Tonight (I’m Lovin’ You)”
    • No. 10 – Katy Perry, “Firework”
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th March 2011 at 7:51 PM.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised that J Lo has held both Gaga and Britney off the number one spot on Itunes. Their songs are way better.

Don't like what we talk about then post something else. Lil Wayne isn't pop anyway.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I've just realised how high Cee Lo's 'F You' is in that chart. Here in the UK, it has already went to #1 since October last year. LOL

Oh, and the thing with this "female singers" is that they are only ones that have Pop music doing well at the moment. If Justin Timberlake returns with a huge song, no doubt he and it will be talked about, for example.
    Last edited by finalname09; 10th March 2011 at 10:21 PM.

Justin Timberlake? I forgot he did pop. What other male artists sing pop? O-o

Marry the Night

Jason DeRulo
    Justin Bieber
    ... Idk who else.
    White Friend Code:
    1291 - 7521 - 4646

Even though I am a guy, female singers are sooooo much more, flavorful! IDK, we live in a very sexist society, that's why I usually embrace females with excellent voices becuase they deserve credit.

I must be honest though, while I am a Gaga fan, I kinda miss everything that came out when she first did. Does that make sense? I miss when she was the underdog, and when shocking people was something fresh. It's like what Emma said on Glee, last season the New Directions were the underdogs, and had so much to strive for. This year, they aren't pulling storylines out of their asses, but the excitement level has been stagnate. I feel the same way for Gaga.

As for Britney, I miss her.....old self. Baby One More Time, Someday, Stronger, Oops I did it Again, these were classics. Her new records are not all that natural, or full of life. I did not mind her lip singing, but I do miss her old music. She was great then.

Ke$ha, now this girl is original, but WE R WHO WE R and BLOW annoy the hell out of me. They are generic and boring. Ke$ha's first singles were amazing, and she sings live, which shocked the hell out of me.

Katy Perry, I have become a huge fan of her, like in such a short span of time. I feel like she is becoming a legend in her own right. Nothing about her is over the top, and I can't wait to see her in concert. I still don't know how Russel did it....

Beyonce should be coming out with some new music soon, I hope so at least.
    Jessie J is uhhhhh, OK.

Justin Beiber is talented, his fans may be crazed, but more power to him, I love Cinderella stories, or Cinderfella in this case.

I'm obsessed with J-Lo's new song with Pitbull featuring in it. I never get tired of hearing it, and whenever its on whether the music video on one of the music channels, or whether its played on the radio here, I turn the volume right up, considering its a really great song.

Formerly known as Nightshroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Mulay View Post
    Jason DeRulo
    Justin Bieber
    ... Idk who else.
    Yeah, there aren't very many males who work in the Pop genre. I like some of Jason Derulo's songs (especially Ridin' Solo), but I wouldn't call him my favorite Pop artist. I think I've also made my thoughts on Justin Bieber pretty clear, so I won't get into that.

Oh, and speaking of Justin Bieber: I've heard that he's gone on Twitter to ask his fans to donate money for the people who were affected by yesterday's earthquake in Japan. I've heard that other Pop artists like Lady Gaga have also gone on Twitter to ask for donations. That's really nice of them, so my hat's off to those artists who are taking action.

Omg britney spears' inside out is amazing.
    White Friend Code:
    1291 - 7521 - 4646

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Mulay View Post
    Jason DeRulo
    Justin Bieber
    ... Idk who else.
    Usher? Chris Brown?

Anyway, allow me to introduce everyone to the Pop world's next big thing. Get your life from it, enjoy the utter slay-age, your favorites could never, etc.

Til The World Ends is such an improvement over Hold It Against Me, I can't even articulate it. I actually have hope for Femme Fatale now (not that I wouldn't buy it anyways.. I've been a Britney stan since Baby One More Time, haha.)
    I just hope that Gaga can do the same and wow me with her second single. Born This Way is awesome in its own right, but it's not exactly my thing. Tbh, the remixes are better than the actual single..

Oh, and I'm not quite sure if they constitute as 'Pop', but I am unbelievably excited for Panic! At The Disco's new album. The Ballad of Mona Lisa is incredimazing and I can't wait to hear a full version of Nearly Witches.

All in all, I think 2011 will be a pretty amazing year music-wise.

Anyway, allow me to introduce everyone to the Pop world's next big thing. Get your life from it, enjoy the utter slay-age, your favorites could never, etc.

I figured it was about time we discussed the current cream of the crop in pop music.

I like how she uses "I gotta make my mind up; which seat can I take" as a metaphor for how life presents tough choices sometimes, but you can't just sit there and twiddle your thumbs. You have to make up your mind, even if that means you must disregard basic grammar rules. And even if it is Thursday, obviously another metaphor for a low point in your life, there's always fun Friday to look forward to. Then tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterwards.

It penetrates my soul.
    Last edited by Lbsweet96; 14th March 2011 at 9:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionSonicX View Post
    Oh look. Another 12 year old-looking whiny pop idol wearing far too mature make-up, hanging round with other 12 year old-looking guys singing a song that could have been written by anyone above the age of 10. And about partying at the weekend, no less...

what the hell was that. it sounded like vomit.

Femme Fatale is an amazing album <3

twittertumblrlast.fm

Who the **** is this ***** rebecca black? why is it getting so much attention?

It's one of the worst songs I ever heard (even worst than that Jam crap)

Anyway yay at Lady Gaga at #1 for 4 weeks a 5th week is on lock!

Well after giving "Born This Way" a few more listens, I have to admit it is pretty decent, it's catchy enough, not sure about the subject matter, but I don't think it's #1 material. But then again there have been much worse things at #1, like the song that has the BEP's thinking that they're bees. And who is this Rebecca Black girl, and why is she allowed to open her mouth?
    White FC: 4169-3797-5500
    Current White Team

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
    Well after giving "Born This Way" a few more listens, I have to admit it is pretty decent, it's catchy enough, not sure about the subject matter, but I don't think it's #1 material. But then again there have been much worse things at #1, like the song that has the BEP's thinking that they're bees. And who is this Rebecca Black girl, and why is she allowed to open her mouth?
    Hahahaha i really don't know, it may be a joke? I can't at people saying she's the new queen of pop or **** like that.

The song is so... bad... wow! Justin Bieber's crap are masterpieces compared to this. "_"

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Justin Bieber's crap are masterpieces compared to this. "_"
    My thoughts exactly.

Song of the Year, folks. I love how she explains the days of the week to me. I would be lost without her help.

Marry the Night

Tew beh honest, I'm staring tew dislike pop music nowadays. I mean there's sum orginality and creativity out there still, however, most songs are about "woe ish meeh, I broke up wit mai gurlfriend/boyfriend" or "mai partner cheated own meh and nao i dun need zem cuz I'm perfect and I hope dey die"

Page 2 of 334 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast