Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
    Tew beh honest, I'm staring tew dislike pop music nowadays. I mean there's sum orginality and creativity out there still, however, most songs are about "woe ish meeh, I broke up wit mai gurlfriend/boyfriend" or "mai partner cheated own meh and nao i dun need zem cuz I'm perfect and I hope dey die"
    Most pop songs these days seem to be about partying your worries away or about gaining self confidence. I honestly don't think that music needs to have an original message in order for it to be good. I mean, most of the pop songs that I like to listen to are about getting drunk and having a good time. If you're looking for meaning in pop music, you should probably give up and listen to something else.

Tew beh honest, I'm staring tew dislike pop music nowadays. I mean there's sum orginality and creativity out there still, however, most songs are about "woe ish meeh, I broke up wit mai gurlfriend/boyfriend" or "mai partner cheated own meh and nao i dun need zem cuz I'm perfect and I hope dey die"
    Pop music will always be, and has always been, about love. That's all. It's never really been original.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionSonicX View Post
    Anyway, allow me to introduce everyone to the Pop world's next big thing. Get your life from it, enjoy the utter slay-age, your favorites could never, etc.
    Not only does this video show thirteen-year-old kids driving but it explains to me the days of the week. How intense. She looked really stiff in the video and her voice isn't good at all.

Well, you're looking in the wrong places. I personally love Pop Music because it's constantly changing. Sure, some god awful songs might be playing on the radio for weeks, but it will eventually go away, while the true classics will live on. Take for example the song "Tipsy", it was one of the biggest hits of 2004, but when was the last time you heard it? Saying that all Pop songs are all about love, and break-ups is an unfair generalization. Yeah there might be some, but most songs aren't. And what's this about unoriginality? Do you expect someone to create an entirely new concept right out of the blue? I generally dislike most of the songs about love and break-ups, like "Grenade", but others I love, like "DJ's Got Us Falling In Love", "Find Your Love", and pretty much everything by Rihanna. Sure, it may not be an original concept, but there are still many ways to make it seem fresh.
    White FC: 4169-3797-5500
    Current White Team

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Pop music will always be, and has always been, about love. That's all. It's never really been original.
    Wait, what? Since when? Most Pop music is alot deeper than that. Like I said before, that's an incredibly unfair generalization.
    White FC: 4169-3797-5500
    Current White Team

okay, so, Do It Like A Dude scared teh crap out of me. But I listened to Price Tag today, and I gotta say, maybe I was wrong about Jessie J. I really like this song

twittertumblrlast.fm

The lack of Avril Lavigne discussion in this thread is disturbing. She's got a new single, What the Hell which is amazing and very much like the rebel pop punk(ish) Avril that made her famous. The rest of her new album is meh imo. Its very emotional and a lot of the songs have great meaning, its just I kinda miss the old Sk8er Boi-like songs upbeat and fun. I still think she's a fabulous pop artist though, and very underrated.

That song makes me laugh.

Yeah, pop is far from original these days but I still love it. Actually, besides Britney I'm mostly listening to older music like ABBA and Cher right now.

Pokémon X Team

Femme Fatale is my jam, seriously. I can't wait for this album to come out so I can buy it

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    That song makes me laugh.

Yeah, pop is far from original these days but I still love it. Actually, besides Britney I'm mostly listening to older music like ABBA and Cher right now.
    I absolutely love 80's & 90's music there's so much magic pop music was full of variety.

Mariah Carey, Madonna, TLC, Janet Jackson, Céline Dion some of my faves.

So Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" is still at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the fifth week straight. That's pretty amazing considering how most of the songs that debut at number one tend to drop the following week. Katy Perry's "E.T." climbed from number eight to number three this week, which is pretty amazing. I'm pretty sure that it'll hit number one either next week or the week after that. Not that I want it to, but Katy seems unstoppable. Britney's "Till The World Ends" climbed from number twenty to number nine, and Ke$ha's "Blow" dropped from number seven to number ten.

I'm guessing that's because it is still getting heavy airplay. Seriously, I dont' see what's so great about Born This Way. I believe Katy may tie a record if she gets a fourth number 1 with E.T. Impressive. Can't wait to see her in July. Glad to see Britney still doing well. I guess she's going to be doing tons of FF promotion soon: http://perezhilton.com/2011-03-16-br...r-femme-fatale

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I absolutely love 80's & 90's music there's so much magic pop music was full of variety.

Yerah, as much as I love Britney......too much love and sex music these days.

Pokémon X Team

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post

Simply love you for mentioning Mariah Carey.
    I really can't wait till her new song "Save the Day." I bought her latest album "Merry Christmas II You" and I loved it and so (as Mariah says) "festive." My favorite songs had to been Auld Lang Syne, When Christmas Come, and Oh Santa.
    Is There Somebody Who Still Believes In Love? ♥

80's & 90's pop was what gave me the inspiration to become a musician at a mere five years of age. :3 Céline Dion, Mariah Carey, Michael and Janet Jackson, and Gloria Estefan. I also used to like Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, but they're embarrassing nowadays. :P

The only 80's & 90's pop artist that I listen to these days is Madonna. She really revolutionized the pop industry and I love most of her songs. I like her older songs compared to her newer songs but I've given most of her songs a listen. I was obsessed with "4 Minutes" when that came out but then I started listening to her older work and I was hooked. I've also listened to Michael Jackson and Cher, but Madonna is by far my favorite. I hear she'll be returning to the studio soon to work on some new songs and I'm looking forward to her next album.

anyone heard katy perry's song with kanye? E.T. I think its called.

I guess its alright, not a big fan
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai00 View Post

Kanye ruined an amazing song. The version on the album without him was AMAZING

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai00 View Post

The original song is much better than this version that's being played on the radio. I still like this new version since Kanye adds a certain something to the song, but the original is by-far my favorite song by Katy Perry. Ironically, it was the last song from her album that I listened to since I had assumed it would be bad.

Also, I think I'm finally starting to like Britney's new song. I liked Hold It Against Me quite a bit but now I think Till The World Ends might be better. I can't wait to get the album.
    Last edited by Lorde; 21st March 2011 at 4:07 AM.

I'm going to have to agree with you and say Till The World Ends is better! I've always really liked Hold It Against Me, though, it's just a nice catchy track!
    Check out my: Twitter Instagram Flickr deviantART

Latest soft reset shinies : Kyogre, Suicune, Cyndaquil (x2)
    Latest Masuda Method shiny : Piplup

Latest shiny : Tepig (soft reset)

Hmm disagreeing I love Hold It Against Me better than Till The World Ends. "Till the World Ends" somehow reminds me of Paula Abdul "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow." And I still prerfer "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" then "Till the World Ends"
    Is There Somebody Who Still Believes In Love? ♥

Hmm, Britney's Femme Fatale is pretty okay. Nothing too special IMO. Big Fat Bass is ok. (Drop Dead) Beautiful has some other singer in there who is not credited. And now It's bugging me who it might be.

Trouble For Me is AWESOME. Should totally be her next single.

Marry the Night

The singer's name is Sabi.

Pokémon X Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Hmm, Britney's Femme Fatale is pretty okay. Nothing too special IMO. Big Fat Bass is ok. (Drop Dead) Beautiful has some other singer in there who is not credited. And now It's bugging me who it might be.

Trouble For Me is AWESOME. Should totally be her next single.
    "(Drop Dead) Beautiful featuring Sabi" counts as uncredited o_O?

twittertumblrlast.fm

I'm not trying to be racist or start anything, but does it feel like black people are taking over the pop industry? Like the Grammys was about 70% performances by black people. And again, not racist.

3DS FC: 2809-7376-8417

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxWithinAParadox View Post
    I'm not trying to be racist or start anything, but does it feel like black people are taking over the pop industry? Like the Grammys was about 70% performances by black people. And again, not racist.
    I haven't seen too many African Americans in the pop genre recently to be honest. There's Rihanna, but she's been around for years now. And I guess Nicki Minaj's music might qualify as pop sometimes but her songs haven't done very well on the charts. There might be some others that I've overlooked but their songs probably aren't consistent enough for me to really notice. Anyway, race shouldn't be a factor. I just want good music so I'm listening to several artists - even some I didn't like at first.

Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast