Page 10 of 334 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Kinda randomly butting in here, but I joined the forum with this exact thread in mind so.
    Anyway, Rihanna confirmed via Twitter that California King Bed is also the single for the United States as well, so I'm confused as to the status of Man Down.
    And as for Gaga, I pretty much worship her... which I'm sure won't go over well with some people.
    Ke$ha is awesome. She's only listened to for the feel-good party music anyway, and that's her whole image. It's just like BEP's "I Gotta Feeling," is a random occurence because of the fact that sometimes people just want to have fun and forget all their problems. Same concept for "Just Dance," "TiK ToK," and pretty much every Britney Spears song.
    ミュウ

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    Same concept for "Just Dance," "TiK ToK," and pretty much every Britney Spears song.
    See, this is the reason why I don't understand why I despise Ke$ha, yet I actually like a few of Britney Spears's songs.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    See, this is the reason why I don't understand why I despise Ke$ha, yet I actually like a few of Britney Spears's songs.
    I love Ke$ha for this fact, but I dislike Britney Spears on a whole. She is a nice person in reality and has a few amazing songs, but I think it's the sheer ignorance of her bigger fans that pushes me away from her. Britney's singles are mostly about clubs and sex nowadays, while she has a few tracks (like "Criminal," for example) that have a slight bit more meaning to them, and I REALLY wish she'd release some to radio. Feel-good, in-the-club songs are nice but only when released in moderation. Ke$ha has a mild excuse because, while her best songs are the slower, more meaningful ones, they aren't as radio friendly. But Britney's more meaningful songs are still very radio friendly and need to be released.
    ミュウ

I love Ke$ha for this fact, but I dislike Britney Spears on a whole. She is a nice person in reality and has a few amazing songs, but I think it's the sheer ignorance of her bigger fans that pushes me away from her. Britney's singles are mostly about clubs and sex nowadays, while she has a few tracks (like "Criminal," for example) that have a slight bit more meaning to them, and I REALLY wish she'd release some to radio. Feel-good, in-the-club songs are nice but only when released in moderation. Ke$ha has a mild excuse because, while her best songs are the slower, more meaningful ones, they aren't as radio friendly. But Britney's more meaningful songs are still very radio friendly and need to be released.
    I love Ke$ha! but I don't know about Britney nowadays, I mean I like her but I'm not all about her like I am with say Ke$ha or Nicki Minaj. It's not that I have anything wrong with her, and I like her songs but I don't like them enough to go buy them on iTunes and ****. The only reason I got Till the World Ends is for the remix that Ke$ha and Nicki are on, which is the bomb btw.

Okay, so I finally convinced myself to listen to the Till the World Ends remix. Firstly, I must say, that Nicki Minaj is horrible. I've listened to one or two of her songs before and was kind of indifferent to her, but after listening to her in this song, I don't think I can ever listen to her again. That beginning part with her singing along with some chicken noises was torture.

As for Ke$ha... I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually think she sang the chorus of the song better than Brittney did in the original version. Her voice just sounda a lot less... nasally. Doesn't mean I like Ke$ha, though. They just chose the right person to sing the right part of the song (and also, the way she says the word 'never' is hilarious! I will never find that not funny)

Overall, I'd like to say that Brittney is still the best singer in this group of three, mostly because she sings most of it and this song still feels like a Brittany song. Second place would have to be *sigh* Ke$ha, and then Nicki far at the bottom. Ugh.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I like some of Nicki Minaj's songs, but most of them can be pretty irritating. I didn't think much of her during the Till The World Ends remix. Honestly, I think it would've been just as good without her, but that's just me. I also thought that Ke$ha sounded better during the chorus than Britney did. She just sounded much more comfortable with the song than Britney. One thing is certain, though: If I hear another freaking remix, I'm going to kill someone >:[

I'm not a huge fan of Nicki, because I don't really like rap, but "Your Love," "Right Thru Me," "Check It Out," "Moment 4 Life" etc. are AMAZINGGG I love when she does more pop-sounding songs. And this is coming from someone who hates most rap and a lot of hip-hop. What is Nicki, anyway? Like, a hip-hop/rap/pop chimera thing? I really cant even tell.
    ミュウ

Britney Spears is really annoying. Exactly what someone said, her songs are all about sex and dancing, and her voice is over nasally. Also I find I have so much less appreciation for an artist who mimes their performances. It's just an insult to the fan and other artists.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Britney Spears is really annoying. Exactly what someone said, her songs are all about sex and dancing, and her voice is over nasally. Also I find I have so much less appreciation for an artist who mimes their performances. It's just an insult to the fan and other artists.
    So what if most of Britney's songs are about sex and dancing? Most of Ke$ha's songs are about partying and most of Lady Gaga's songs are about bad relationships, but nobody seems to have a problem with those. I don't think you should take Britney's songs so seriously. She's just trying to appeal to her fanbase, and there's really nothing wrong with that :x

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    So what if most of Britney's songs are about sex and dancing? Most of Ke$ha's songs are about partying and most of Lady Gaga's songs are about bad relationships, but nobody seems to have a problem with those. I don't think you should take Britney's songs so seriously. She's just trying to appeal to her fanbase, and there's really nothing wrong with that :x
    The only difference is that both Ke$ha and Gaga don't necessarily address their themes literally whereas Britney songs are just literal, boring and samey. Even with Gaga even though her song is called Bad Romance, I don't believe it's actually written about a Bad Romance, it's deeper than that in a way. Furthermore with Britney I think he vocal talents restrict her too which may be why to me it's like listening to the same song.

you don't have to take everything so seriously.

twittertumblrlast.fm

The only difference is that both Ke$ha and Gaga don't necessarily address their themes literally whereas Britney songs are just literal, boring and samey. Even with Gaga even though her song is called Bad Romance, I don't believe it's actually written about a Bad Romance, it's deeper than that in a way. Furthermore with Britney I think he vocal talents restrict her too which may be why to me it's like listening to the same song.
    I think Ke$ha is pretty literal in her songs. I do understand that Lady Gaga likes to use metaphors often, but a lot of her songs are about the same thing when you break them down. I don't think that Britney is perfect, but her songs are enjoyable nonetheless. Really, they shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Let's remember now that The Fame was essentially a concept album about(as if it weren't obvious) fame. There's a reason the songs have similar topics. Born This Way will be quite a bit broader in terms of meaning, judging by the 13 track titles we already have and the 5 songs we've heard parts of.

Now, dear 2011 pop music thread, tell me why I do not see many posts about the following:

New Cher album possible (maybe not until 2012 though)

NEW MADONNA ALBUM.
    Seriously, you know this is a huge, massive thing in pop culture. It's the 12th studio album from the Queen of Pop, from the woman with forty dance #1 hits. and 37 top ten hits in America. She's like the goddess of the dancefloor. And yet the pop music thread totally ignores her for the past 8 pages! Although I love the abndance of Gaga-related posts.
    ミュウ

Speaking of Gaga, has anybody noticed that the little part after the intro to Bad Romance (the part that goes rah-rah rah-ah-ah, roma, etc...) and the little part after the intro to Judas (the part that goes Jud-AS, juda-a-as, etc...) have the exact same timing and are basically the exact same sound? Auto-plagiarism much?
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Speaking of Gaga, has anybody noticed that the little part after the intro to Bad Romance (the part that goes rah-rah rah-ah-ah, roma, etc...) and the little part after the intro to Judas (the part that goes Jud-AS, juda-a-as, etc...) have the exact same timing and are basically the exact same sound? Auto-plagiarism much?
    Well, she did call Judas "Bad Romance v7" in one of the new GagaVisions.

Marry the Night

Hmm. Rihanna's Man Down isn't supposed to be out until May 3rd, yet it's already being played here where I live. Weird. I like the song, but I don't think it's anything special. I could've sworn that someone mentioned California King Bed being the next single from Loud, but it looks like Man Down is being released. Not sure what to make of that.
    "California King Bed" is going to be released as the next proper single from Loud, "Man Down" is for now only being released as a radio single. Just like how "Raining Men" was released as a radio single. Which is a shame as the latter two would be MUCH better singles than "California King Bed".

As for Ke$ha... I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually think she sang the chorus of the song better than Brittney did in the original version. Her voice just sounda a lot less... nasally. Doesn't mean I like Ke$ha, though. They just chose the right person to sing the right part of the song (and also, the way she says the word 'never' is hilarious! I will never find that not funny)
    Really? I personally thought Britney's version of the chorus was better, if only because her vocals were much more layered than Ke$ha's. I really wish they would have layered Ke$ha's version more, her voice sounds so much thinner when you compare the two. And I agree with you on Ke$ha's pronunciation of never...she says it like 'neh-vurr'.

I'm not a huge fan of Nicki, because I don't really like rap, but "Your Love," "Right Thru Me," "Check It Out," "Moment 4 Life" etc. are AMAZINGGG I love when she does more pop-sounding songs. And this is coming from someone who hates most rap and a lot of hip-hop. What is Nicki, anyway? Like, a hip-hop/rap/pop chimera thing? I really cant even tell.
    Ugh, I'm so tired of all the Nicki haters. Rap fans hate her for being too pop and pop fans hate her for being too rap. It is possible to straddle musical genres, people! I don't like rap either, but artists like Nicki and Tinie Tempah are awesome because they are just rap enough while also incorporating sick dance beats. I love how you just mentioned all of her singles as your favourites, but seriously, everyone check out "Did It On'em". It is quite rap, but it's so fierce and arrogant...that song is MY JAM.
    Last edited by .Bambi.; 2nd May 2011 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    you don't have to take everything so seriously.
    I wouldn't say that I'm taking it seriously, definitely not seriously, a better phrase would be that I'm probably expressing my opinions strongly. I'm just voicing my opinion which I just find her samey and I don't like someone who mimes their performances.

NEW MADONNA ALBUM.
    Seriously, you know this is a huge, massive thing in pop culture. It's the 12th studio album from the Queen of Pop, from the woman with forty dance #1 hits. and 37 top ten hits in America. She's like the goddess of the dancefloor. And yet the pop music thread totally ignores her for the past 8 pages!
    I like Madonna and all, but there wasn't much to discuss about her since she hasn't released a studio album in years. I'm glad that she's coming back, though. I don't think her newer songs are as good as her older songs, but they're still decent enough. I loved Hung Up, though. That was a good song.

LOL@THE BORN THIS WAY TRACKLISTS. OH MY GOD.

Deluxe:
    01. Marry The Night
    02. Born This Way
    03. Government Hooker
    04. Judas
    05. Americano
    06. Hair
    07. Sheisse
    08. Bloody Mary
    09. Black Jesus†Amen Fashion
    10. Bad Kids
    11. Fashion Of His Love
    12. Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)
    13. Heavy Metal Lover
    14. Electric Chapel
    15. The Queen
    16. Yoü And I
    17. The Edge Of Glory
    Remixes:
    Born This Way - Country Road Version
    Judas - DJ White Shadow Remix
    Marry The Night - Fernando Garibay Remix
    Sheisse - DJ White Shadow Remix
    Fashion Of His Love - Fernando Garibay Remix

Standard Tracklist:
    01. Marry The Night
    02. Born This Way
    03. Government Hooker
    04. Judas
    05. Americano
    06. Hair
    07. Sheisse
    08. Bloody Mary
    09. Bad Kids
    10. Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)
    11. Heavy Metal Lover
    12. Electric Chapel
    13. Yoü And I
    14. The Edge Of Glory

BLACK JESUS†AMEN FASHION. LOL GAGA YOU HAVE GONE INSANE.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Ooh tracklist, I can't wait to hear Marry The Night, since they were considering that to be the second single instead of Judas. And also Edge Of Glory, I think I heard somewhere that could be a good song. And of course Government Hooker, who could not want listen to that :L

Black Jesus??? Can't believe she'd really make that a song title... oh, it's Gaga, of course she would.

I. CANNOT WAIT. For this album.
    ミュウ

Oh Gaga. Those titles are weird, but I've heard samples of some of the songs on Gagavision, and I have to admit that a lot of them sound good from what I can tell. She said that there will be some rock melodies as well, and that's the most exciting part IMO. I still don't know which version of the album to get, but I might just buy the deluxe edition since it contains more songs than the normal edition.

Oh Gaga. Those titles are weird, but I've heard samples of some of the songs on Gagavision, and I have to admit that a lot of them sound good from what I can tell.
    The "Electric Chapel" sample is my favorite, with the "Marry The Night" sample close behind. Out of the two "previewed" tracks, I prefer "Government Hooker." I can't even believe how amazing this album sounds so far. I had MAJOR doubts because of some song titles we knew early on, and the "Sheisse" remix was a grower, but everything on the album so far is amazing.

For those who don't know:
    • "Bloody Mary" is previewed in Gagavision #41 and used for the intro to all the new Gagavisions.
    • "Bad Kids" is rumored to be the other song previewed in Gagavision #42.
    • "Marry The Night" is previewed in Gagavision #43.
    • "Electric Chapel" is previewed in Gagavision #44.
    ミュウ

The "Electric Chapel" sample is my favorite, with the "Marry The Night" sample close behind. Out of the two "previewed" tracks, I prefer "Government Hooker." I can't even believe how amazing this album sounds so far. I had MAJOR doubts because of some song titles we knew early on, and the "Sheisse" remix was a grower, but everything on the album so far is amazing.
    The Government Hooker remix sounds nothing like the actual song, apparently :l

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    The Government Hooker remix sounds nothing like the actual song, apparently :l
    This depresses me. Unless, of course, it's somehow better. But I doubt it.
    ミュウ

Page 10 of 334 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast