Page 11 of 334 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

I may buy this album just to find out what the hell Gaga is going to sing about in a song titled "Highway Unicorn".

This is why we all love you, Gaga.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    This depresses me. Unless, of course, it's somehow better. But I doubt it.
    It supposedly has a hip-hop beat

twittertumblrlast.fm

The Judas music video is supposed to contain motorcycles from the look of it. Not sure what that has to do with the song, but Gaga is known for being random. The video is going to premiere on Thursday, which should help boost sales of the single. Gaga is also going to perform on Oprah this week, so that should also help. You know what would help boost sales the most? A remix

Wow, I was looking around if anybody else found Judas and Bad Romance to be so similar, and this video combines both songs. I could just be crazy, but when the two songs are put together it becomes so blatantly obvious just how similar they are. Here's the link to the video if anyone cares:

Bad Romance/Judas
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

As for Bad Romance + Judas:
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
    Judas was supposed to be Bad Romance 2.0, and it does a great job of it.
    ミュウ

I wasn't really insulting Gaga for doing it (in fact, she's my favourite modern pop artist), I was just claiming how alike the two songs sound. Put the two of them side by side, and it sounds more hilarious and actually kind of good.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Yes, it does sound good. And I was just saying that it's probably a good thing Judas is so familiar - it will likely gain a LOT of radio airplay and move back up the charts, especially with all the promo coming up to boost sales. Familiarity is a good thing sometimes, and it definitely is now!
    ミュウ

Yeah, I'm willing to admit that Bad Romance and Judas sound a lot alike. Still, that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. I did laugh while listening to both of them at the same time, though. There was just something funny about hearing both songs. I don't know why, but it was just really amusing. And I've heard people complain that Judas promotes Satanism. I also laughed at that.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    And I've heard people complain that Judas promotes Satanism. I also laughed at that.
    Well, that's just proof how the word takes everything literally and just doesn't know how to think deeply anymore.

"GUYS, LADY GAGA'S NEW SONG IS CALLED JUDAS, THAT OBVIOUSLY MEANS SHE'S TALKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL PERSON AND ISN'T A METAPHOR WHAT-SO-EVER!! SHE IS BEST FRIENDS WITH THE DEVIL!!"
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

which is especially funny if you watch some of the behind the scenes clips from the HBO special which seem to imply she's INCREDIBLY religious

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Well, that's just proof how the word takes everything literally and just doesn't know how to think deeply anymore.

"GUYS, LADY GAGA'S NEW SONG IS CALLED JUDAS, THAT OBVIOUSLY MEANS SHE'S TALKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL PERSON AND ISN'T A METAPHOR WHAT-SO-EVER!! SHE IS BEST FRIENDS WITH THE DEVIL!!"
    Yeah, it's really quite funny how people will jump at any opportunity to bash someone. I'll admit that I didn't know she was using another metaphor when I first heard the song, but someone I know brought it up a little while ago. I'm glad that she's sneaky like that. I was watching a video of some girl crying because she believed that the song was "evil", and I had to wonder if there was any hope left for humanity. The same girl also cried and posted a rant when Justin Bieber failed to win the Grammy for Best New Artist :/

Oh, and a really short Judas preview/commercial has been posted. It's really short, but I like what I saw.
    Last edited by Lorde; 3rd May 2011 at 4:00 AM.

People are idiots, in the Alejandro video when she swallows the rosary beads people were like holding up crucifixes and shouting 'SATAN- SATAN!' It's stupid how many people think she's a satanist
    Running for the thrill of it

I was watching a video of some girl crying because she believed that the song was "evil", and I had to wonder if there was any hope left for humanity.
    Hardcore trolling right there, girl. The chick cut her hair, and while pretending to be someone else, made another video with a counter-argument. Posted both videos with the same profile, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    People are idiots, in the Alejandro video when she swallows the rosary beads people were like holding up crucifixes and shouting 'SATAN- SATAN!' It's stupid how many people think she's a satanist
    I know that some of the stuff in her music videos have been really weird, but that doesn't mean much. She likes to get a reaction out of people so she's willing to go that extra mile to add in a lot of odd references. It's part of what she does, and she's gotten better at it over time in my opinion. But anyway, I'm not expecting Judas to do well on the charts until next week. Well, I think it'll do extremely well in Europe, but not in the United States for obvious reasons.

I think the Oprah appearance and the music video premier on E! will propel Judas into the top 5 in the US within a few weeks. The only song she didn't reach the top 5 with was Paparazzi, and that was bull. She was #1 on radio that week with decent sales (in the 10-5 range I believe), and it should have been in the top 5.
    ミュウ

I think the Oprah appearance and the music video premier on E! will propel Judas into the top 5 in the US within a few weeks. The only song she didn't reach the top 5 with was Paparazzi, and that was bull. She was #1 on radio that week with decent sales (in the 10-5 range I believe), and it should have been in the top 5.
    Plus American Idol performance! ... I think, I dunno, I don't live in the US. But here in the UK Judas isn't faring too well on the charts, it entered at 10 and fell to 24 the next week. Oops.
    Running for the thrill of it

Oh, and a really short Judas preview/commercial has been posted. It's really short, but I like what I saw.
    Well, so far it doesn't seem to be about Mother Monster and her birth on G.O.A.T, so that's always a good sign.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I'm still trying to figure out why Paparazzi didn't reach number one. It was the best song on The Fame in my opinion, and it was pretty popular when it came out. Not that I think charts matter much, but it's a real shame that some of Gaga's best songs did so poorly when they were released. Alejandro also comes to mind, although it was a bit more successful than Paparazzi.

Also, has anybody actually heard the Country Road version of Born this Way? I find it to be hilarious yet also completely genius.

Link for those who haven't heard it yet.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Plus American Idol performance! ... I think, I dunno, I don't live in the US. But here in the UK Judas isn't faring too well on the charts, it entered at 10 and fell to 24 the next week. Oops.
    I don't think that the American Idol performance will change much. I think Gaga's best bet right now is the music video. And I'm shocked that Judas has dropped in the UK charts so quickly. Even Born This Way wasn't able to make it to number one there, yet it did so in many other countries including the United States, which was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Also, has anybody actually heard the Country Road version of Born this Way? I find it to be hilarious yet also completely genius.

Link for those who haven't heard it yet.
    I've heard it a few times. It's ok. I haven't bought it yet since I think the original version is slightly better.

And for a slight change of topic: Does anyone know what the third single from Cannibal will be?

I've heard it a few times. It's ok. I haven't bought it yet since I think the original version is slightly better.
    Well obviously the original version is better, the song was made to be a pop song. I just find it brilliant how she can take a pop song, completely transform it into a country song, and somehow still make it sound good.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I expected Judas to do better within the UK charts myself... Well, the midweek chart update is today, so it'll confirm whether Judas is dropping further. But I guess that's irrelevant though since the music video should bring in more sales and help it rise back up the chart again.

On the subject of Paparazzi, it got to number 3 in the UK while Lovegame only managed to reach number 19.
    :P

Also, Katy Perry's next single is supposed to be Last Friday Night. I don't think it's as good as her previous singles though...

I personally am enjoying me some Britney this year Her new album Femme Fatale is amazing! And I already have tickets to see her show I would have never thought back in 2007 when she shaved her head that a few years later she would once again be on top. It's almost astonishing
    Pokemonnnn <3

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/9rio03.gif[/IMG]

I don't think that the American Idol performance will change much. I think Gaga's best bet right now is the music video. And I'm shocked that Judas has dropped in the UK charts so quickly. Even Born This Way wasn't able to make it to number one there, yet it did so in many other countries including the United States, which was weird.

And for a slight change of topic: Does anyone know what the third single from Cannibal will be?
    There's no information yet since "Blow" is still smashing, but I'd like "Sleazy" or some of her ballads (K$ needs a change of pace imo!)

Quote Originally Posted by K.P. View Post
    Also, Katy Perry's next single is supposed to be Last Friday Night. I don't think it's as good as her previous singles though...[/FONT]
    I had a feeling that it would be Last Friday Night. It might not be as good as some of her other songs, but it'll reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for sure. I have a feeling that she could record herself sneezing, and it would also reach number one :|

As for Ke$ha: I have no idea which song she should be releasing next. I like Sleazy to an extent, but she does need a change of pace. The Harold Song is decent enough, so maybe she'll go with that.

Page 11 of 334 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast