Page 318 of 334 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Hope for what? Azealia to ruin Gaga's music with her awful attempts at rapping?
    Really? She's a great rapper/artist. Very enjoyable.
    Running for the thrill of it

Has anybody heard Christina Aguilera's demo for "Your Body"? Yes, it's generic, but it's good generic. I think it's just what she needs to be back at the top. My only concern is, that for the final mix of the song it's been reported that the tempo is sped up, which I feel would be a bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Azealia is my guilty pleasure tbh, since I like very few rappers. Kanye too, so I'd be very pleased if either rumor was true. Gaga tweeted her the other day so I was hoping this might occur : )

Quote Originally Posted by Colours View Post
    Has anybody heard Christina Aguilera's demo for "Your Body"? Yes, it's generic, but it's good generic. I think it's just what she needs to be back at the top. My only concern is, that for the final mix of the song it's been reported that the tempo is sped up, which I feel would be a bad move.
    I've only given it one listen, so I'm not going to be able to judge it yet, but it seemed a little basic :/ I'll try it again soon.

It's going to be difficult seeing Xtine without half of her head roboticized tbh.

I like 212, but I haven't heard another song from her that didn't make me want to claw my ears out. Not my taste I suppose.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I like 212, but I haven't heard another song from her that didn't make me want to claw my ears out. Not my taste I suppose.
    Just ignore those Azealia stans. Aviere's alt and Geek only brought her up to spite Nicki. They keep talking about how talented Azealia is, yet she's still a flop. Do they really think one song with Gaga will change that? Have they bothered to research all of Gaga's collaborations? Because they've all flopped, and this one will be no exception.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to run away before this collab ruins Gaga's career.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Just ignore those Azealia stans. Aviere's alt and Geek only brought her up to spite Nicki. They keep talking about how talented Azealia is, yet she's still a flop. Do they really think one song with Gaga will change that? Have they bothered to research all of Gaga's collaborations? Because they've all flopped, and this one will be no exception.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to run away before this collab ruins Gaga's career.
    Have you heard of a song called Telephone? I understand you may not be able to remember it since you probably have brain damage from all the Nicki you listen to, but was in the top 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

You might wanna dial down your intake of Nicki, it seems to be melting your gray matter.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Have you heard of a song called Telephone? I understand you may not be able to remember it since you probably have brain damage from all the Nicki you listen to, but was in the top 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

You might wanna dial down your intake of Nicki, it seems to be melting your gray matter.
    ??

Now everyone is stanning for Nicki?

I shall stick to my Pink Friday V1.0......

i have a feeling i will love this song in the near future. does anyone think calvin harris can someday outdo "ma boy" david guetta cuz his songs are pretty awesome?

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Sales:

1. Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (307,000)
    2. Maroon 5 - One More Night (195,000)
    3. Flo Rida - Whistle (180,000)
    4. Fun. - Some Nights (169,000)
    5. Owl City f/ Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time (144,000)
    6. Justin Bieber f/ Big Sean - As Long As You Love Me (144,000)
    7. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe (122,000)
    8. Phillip Phillips - Home (109,000)
    9. Cher Lloyd - Want U Back (107,000)
    10. Neon Trees - Everybody Talks (99,000)

Hopefully WANEGBT will stay at #1 on the Hot 100.

Suddenly this thread has become an I hate Nicki/Taylor/Carly thread.

SO apparently there is rumors circulating that Chris Brown and Rihanna will present an award together at the VMA's.

Ke$ha is also presenting an award that night so, hopefully we'll get news on her upcoming soon to be smash single.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 (Week of September 8, 2012):

1. Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (2nd week at #1)
    2. Flo Rida - "Whistle" (=)
    3. Ellie Goulding - "Lights" (=)
    4. Maroon 5 - "One More Night" (+5)
    5. Fun. - "Some Nights" (+1)
    6. Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe" (-2)
    7. Katy Perry - "Wide Awake" (-2)
    8. Maroon 5 f/ Wiz Khalifa - "Payphone" (-1)
    9. Owl City f/ Carly Rae Jepsen - "Good Time" (+4)
    10. Justin Bieber f/ Big Sean - "As Long As You Love Me" (-2)

-

*Yay! Taylor Swift still at #1!
    *Both Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen get their 2nd top 10 hit!
    *Yay @ "Some Nights" rising, one of the best singles of 2012 imo
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 29th August 2012 at 9:00 PM.

It's funny. Taylor only had two fans here a few months ago, but now she suddenly has a swarm of stans. Strange how chart success changes people's views on certain artists.

Anyway, I'm not here for Maroon 5 getting yet another hit. Their music is just terrible; when will America ditch these clowns? And it's sad that CMM is free-falling the way it is. I thought its descend would be graceful, but I guess Carly's song with Nocturnal Bird Town has become popular enough to go toe-to-toe with CMM.

It's funny. Taylor only had two fans here a few months ago, but now she suddenly has a swarm of stans. Strange how chart success changes people's views on certain artists.

Anyway, I'm not here for Maroon 5 getting yet another hit. Their music is just terrible; when will America ditch these clowns? And it's sad that CMM is free-falling the way it is. I thought its descend would be graceful, but I guess Carly's song with Nocturnal Bird Town has become popular enough to go toe-to-toe with CMM.
    Do you know people can like many artists, right? stop being so close minded. This ATRL slang sounds ridiculous out of that place..

"Call Me Maybe" has been in the top 10 since April, for a total 22 weeks (more than 5 months!), it had ENOUGH time there.

Have you listened to 1991 (features 212)? It's a really cool E.P/smooth 90's throwback which showcases her ability to rap and her astute ability to craft a good pop song that doesn't rely on the Starships formula. I listened to a song of her's (Jumanji) the other day which really wasn't very good, admittedly, but by working with Kanye and Gaga she really has the potential to expand upon her rap/pop songs and create more awesome material. Hopefully she could inspire Gaga to create something less stodgy than some of the Born This Way content, too.

It's pretty mediocre. At first I thought it could work, and then I realised how emotionless and how un-Florence it sounded. She sounds about as devoid of energy as any generic woman slapped onto the chorus of a dance/rap track.

And also, Calvin Harris used to be tolerable until he started making all these crap c+p's. I guess he realised that he was getting a lot more recognition/money when he was dumbing himself down for Rihanna and co.
    Running for the thrill of it

Have you listened to 1991 (features 212)? It's a really cool E.P/smooth 90's throwback which showcases her ability to rap and her astute ability to craft a good pop song that doesn't rely on the Starships formula. I listened to a song of her's (Jumanji) the other day which really wasn't very good, admittedly, but by working with Kanye and Gaga she really has the potential to expand upon her rap/pop songs and create more awesome material. Hopefully she could inspire Gaga to create something less stodgy than some of the Born This Way content, too.
    I did listen to 1991, 212 is the only song I liked, and the rest of them were both unmemorable and not great to me.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    1. Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (2nd week at #1)
    Not surprised this stayed at #1. In fact, it may get quite a few more weeks at the top until either OMN or SN catches up.

3. Ellie Goulding - "Lights" (=)
    Really impressed with how this is staying in the Top 3, especially with its sales decline! Looks like radio itself really can make songs successful.

4. Maroon 5 - "One More Night" (+5)
    I'm pretty happy that this song is climbing so quickly. It's one of my favourite Maroon 5 songs, so I'd be okay with it going to #1.

5. Fun. - "Some Nights" (+1)
    YES, fun. gets its second Top 5 hit!! This has clearly proven that fun. isn't a one-hit wonder band, so if the song goes any higher, that'll just be a bonus. I would love this to be their second #1, though.

6. Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe" (-2)
    I was afraid that this song would linger for a long time, so I'm happy that it's already out of the Top 5. It has more than outstayed its welcome there.

9. Owl City f/ Carly Rae Jepsen - "Good Time" (+4)
    I knew this would get into the Top 10 eventually, so this was no surprise. I do prefer this song to CMM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Do you know people can like many artists, right?
    Well yes. My point was that nobody who has praised Taylor's recent achievement talked about her in the past. It's just been these random people who only care about chart positions and are jumping on the bandwagon. If they truly cared about her music before they would have made an attempt to talk about her, but nobody bothered to bring her up until recently. In fact, I was probably the last person to say her name before we received news of her new single, and that was several months ago when I mentioned that I purchased one of her albums on Amazon.

And just watch. When Ke$ha's new single is released and it tops the charts, everyone who ignored her existence this past year will be jumping on the bandwagon again. It sucks that people only talk about artists when they're slaying the charts. I loathe this bandwagon attitude that some people have.

"Call Me Maybe" has been in the top 10 since April, for a total 22 weeks (more than 5 months!), it had ENOUGH time there.
    True. I just didn't think it would sink like a stone. It kind of reminds me of how BTW fell to number four after being at number one for six weeks, and then disappearing from the top ten the week after that. I'm worried for Carly's sake.

Well yes. My point was that nobody who has praised Taylor's recent achievement talked about her in the past. It's just been these random people who only care about chart positions and are jumping on the bandwagon. If they truly cared about her music before they would have made an attempt to talk about her, but nobody bothered to bring her up until recently. In fact, I was probably the last person to say her name before we received news of her new single, and that was several months ago when I mentioned that I purchased one of her albums on Amazon.
    That's because I haven't been posting in this thread, and let's be honest, we all know I'm the resident Taylor fan~

Of course I'm super happy that she's finally got that elusive #1 single, but I'm more happy that she's making new music and that Red comes out in a touch under two months.

I did listen to 1991, 212 is the only song I liked, and the rest of them were both unmemorable and not great to me.
    Have you heard Fantasea by her yet?
    #BuyUltraviolance

Dang taylor swift is stuck in mah head!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I am not sure if Nocturnal Bird Town is supposed to be an insult. Anyway speaking of Owl City His new album Midsummer's Station, I like it just not as much as All Things Bright and Beautiful. Also I cannot stand 2 songs on there Gold and Take it All Away

~

Omg. Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is scheduled for re-release this November! I really hope it has more RedOne-produced tracks. Nicki is definitely coming to slay the lessors.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    I am not sure if Nocturnal Bird Town is supposed to be an insult.
    What? No of course not. I just think the real name is funny and I wanted to poke fun at it. It wasn't meant to sound so cruel.

I know I risk being chewed out for mentioning a rapper other than Nicki, but I just saw Azealia's 1991 video and it is really good. You should really check it out if you're interested :)

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru
    Have you heard Fantasea by her yet?
    I still haven't listened to this in full yet, I just keep forgetting :(

i hate that the radio plays the same boring repetitive songs out there over and over when there are so much more talented people out there whos lyrics actually have meaning.
    and im pretty sure they just get their playlists off of itunes
    and its funny cause the reason justin beiber is so popular on itunes is because little girls are too stupid to download things off of megaupload pirate bay etc...

3DS FC: 0173 2372 4701
    Black FC: 1722 0078 8716
    White 2 FC: 3654 8488 7686

Page 318 of 334 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast