Page 319 of 334 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    I know I risk being chewed out for mentioning a rapper other than Nicki, but I just saw Azealia's 1991 video and it is really good.
    According to the Billboard charts, you're the only one bobbin' to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MTeriyaki View Post
    i hate that the radio plays the same boring repetitive songs out there over and over when there are so much more talented people out there whos lyrics actually have meaning.
    and im pretty sure they just get their playlists off of itunes
    and its funny cause the reason justin beiber is so popular on itunes is because little girls are too stupid to download things off of megaupload pirate bay etc...
    Please name these "talented people." And how are little girls "stupid" for not downloading songs illegally? If anything, they're smart. The government is cracking down on illegal downloads, so it's best to actually buy the songs. Also, you're overestimating Justin Bieber. He isn't even that popular on the charts. His albums have charted well, but his actual worldwide album sales are mediocre at best. And he only has like four top ten singles in the United States, which isn't much given how popular he's supposed to be.

Rihanna has released a remix of "Cockiness" featuring A$AP Rocky.

Born to be brave

Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 (Week of September 15, 2012):

1. Flo Rida - "Whistle" (2nd week at #1)
    2. Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (-1) Hurry up and release the song to streaming services, Tay!
    3. Maroon 5 - "One More Night" (+1)
    4. Ellie Goulding - "Lights" (-1)
    5. Fun. - "Some Nights" (=)
    6. Neon Trees - "Everybody Talks" (+5) Go!
    7. Katy Perry - "Wide Awake" (=)
    8. Owl City f/ Carly Rae Jepsen - "Good Time" (+1)
    9. Justin Bieber f/ Big Sean - "As Long As You Love Me" (+1)
    10. Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe" (-4)

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 (Week of September 15, 2012):

1. Flo Rida - "Whistle" (2nd week at #1)
    2. Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (-1) Hurry up and release the song to streaming services, Tay!
    I don't really like either of these songs, so I honestly don't care which one is #1. I'm just waiting for One More Night or Some Nights (most likely the former) to take the spot and actually manage to hold it.

4. Ellie Goulding - "Lights" (-1)
    5. Fun. - "Some Nights" (=)
    Next week "Some Nights" should probably pass "Lights" and get to a #4 peak!!

6. Neon Trees - "Everybody Talks" (+5) Go!
    Wow, that was an amazing jump. I knew this would reach the Top 10 this week, but I didn't think it would jump so high. Good job, Neon Trees!

10. Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe" (-4)
    You have no idea how happy it makes me to see this fall so quickly. Looks like the US has finally opened its eyes and realized just how annoying this song and its success have become.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainerJ View Post
    Can she stop? Ever?

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainerJ View Post
    Aw. Why is she adding irrelevant artists to her songs? She should do another collab with Nicki; that's a sure-fire way to get another hit. I don't particularly care for "Cockiness," but at least it's better than some of the other songs on the album. I hope this is the last TTT single, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Aw. Why is she adding irrelevant artists to her songs? She should do another collab with Nicki; that's a sure-fire way to get another hit. I don't particularly care for "Cockiness," but at least it's better than some of the other songs on the album. I hope this is the last TTT single, though.
    A$AP Rocky has actually been gaining popularity by rap listeners (me) so I wouldnt say hes irrelevant. Its just what she does, she does songs with many rappers, A$AP, Kanye, Jeezy just to name a few. Dont forget that theyre artists too and by pairing up with other artists they get more exposure. I agree she should do a collab with Nicki, even though I dont like her. (Theyre good together)
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Who the **** is A$AP Rocky?

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    A newer rapper, from New York

http://www.billboard.com/photos/styl...ky-617x409.jpg
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

I hear Pink is performing on the VMAs? That would interest me, but I wouldn't be here for the rest of it :/
    I'll just check it out tomorrow or something.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    7. Katy Perry - "Wide Awake" (=)
    I think this may be the only song I like on there? :/

I think he was the guy in Lana's National Anthem video?

I won't be watching the VMAs this year. I'm not really that big on any of the performers, the show itself is always such a mess and the people who vote for the major categories almost always just go with the most generic, boring ones that teens go crazy over instead of the genuinely good ones.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

This may be old news to this thread, but it's new to me and it's FLAWLESS.

I'm glad Demi Lovato won her moon man. She deserved it. As for One Direction... better them than JB... And Chris Brown won for best male... damn I like Drake better tho
    Nicki better win something

WoW.

Rihanna really surprised me. I've been not really paying attention to her or news regarding her for the last 4 or so months, so to see her perform Cockiness and find out it's a single is pretty cool.

Also this gay/bi dude Ocean has a decent voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    WoW.

Rihanna really surprised me. I've been not really paying attention to her or news regarding her for the last 4 or so months, so to see her perform Cockiness and find out it's a single is pretty cool.

Also this gay/bi dude Ocean has a decent voice.
    Yeah Frank Ocean is def. The urban vocal powerhouse of tommorow.
    And Riri did not dissapoint but she shud have performed "Where Have You Been?"

And Kevin Hart is doing great. I have not seen a great host since Jamie Foxx!
    Im feeling Kevin Hart bro. I knew he was a funny actor but as a host.. Im happy w/ Him

Ever since May and Where Have You Been, it's like Rihanna just discovered her vag.

She did the same vag. patting she does for Where Have You Been, for her Cockiness live perf.

Hopefully the vag. patting is absent in the MV, but seeing as the theme/metaphor is sexual, not likely.

Moreover, while the nobody/new rapper was unnecessary, it has become standard fare for Rihanna.

Frankly I'm surprised Where didn't get a rapper-infused remix, and if it has I certainly missed it.

Ever since May and Where Have You Been, it's like Rihanna just discovered her vag.

She did the same vag. patting she does for Where Have You Been, for her Cockiness live perf.

Hopefully the vag. patting is absent in the MV, but seeing as the theme/metaphor is sexual, not likely.

Moreover, while the nobody/new rapper was unnecessary, it has become standard fare for Rihanna.

Frankly I'm surprised Where didn't get a rapper-infused remix, and if it has I certainly missed it.
    lol pat the coochie, pat the coochie, let it air out, let it air out...

One Direction... they were okay...
    and is that guy from The Wanted REALLY bisexual?
    If not then what is the point of that tard looking ho!

Nickiiiiiiiiii yeah biotch she won!

Quote Originally Posted by Lana's biggest stan View Post
    Lol, you really don't know who he is? He was in one of Lana's videos.

But I don't know how anyone else knows this guy. I mean, I don't pay close attention to the rap scene, but he still seems really obscure.

Edit: Oh, I see Nicki is slaying the VMAs. I'm so glad I stan for a real pop artist. #TeamMinaj

Last edited by Lorde; 7th September 2012 at 2:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Lol, you really don't know who he is? He was in one of Lana's videos.

But I don't know how anyone else knows this guy. I mean, I don't pay close attention to the rap scene, but he still seems really obscure.

Edit: Oh, I see Nicki is slaying the VMAs. I'm so glad I stan for a real pop artist. #TeamMinaj

Me either, but then again this dude is largely irrelevant so who currs?

Idk, Nicki has moved too far from her hardcore roots....

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    I think he was the guy in Lana's National Anthem video?
    Oh, I was too busy paying attention to Lana. I appreciate Kira's words. I am Lana's biggest stan.~

I'm not here for the VMAs. I'm not here for Nicki. I like that Demi won, though.

Nicki beat Rihanna! That's impressive. But Nicki is high on something, she is like acting a fool, or is that naturally her?

Lil Wayne, how many blunts and Red Bulls does he consume before a performance.

HYFR won, That's what I am talking about. True artists getting the VMAs this year!

Oh, I was too busy paying attention to Lana. I appreciate Kira's words. I am Lana's biggest stan.~

I'm not here for the VMAs. I'm not here for Nicki. I like that Demi won, though.
    Demi is the one with the 'give your heart a break' song?

I find that song quite pleasant. Weird cause I never have cared for her prior work.

Demi is the one with the 'give your heart a break' song?

I find that song quite pleasant. Weird cause I never have cared for her prior work.
    Yes she won for "Best Message In A Song"...
    That song is def. Her best work. Im glad she made a gr8 comback after her eating disorder...

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post
    Yes she won for "Best Message In A Song"...
    That song is def. Her best work. Im glad she made a gr8 comback after her eating disorder...
    Oh really? the I sympathize with her 100%. Always confuse her with Gomez.

rihanna misses a couple of times but thats ok cuz she wins the big one in the end!!!

taylor had a nice ending. i can see what u guys mean by her songs being still so juvenile, but it was entertaining, andd WAYYYYYYY better than lil wayne closing the show, which should NEVER EVER happen again

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Page 319 of 334 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast