Page 325 of 334 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    She's one of those things that worms its way into your head and won't leave you alone until you finally grow to like her. That doesn't mean she's not a bad singer though.

Also the plethora of ****ing amazing demos helped.
    Post your favorite NOW.

Mine are:
    Hollywood's Dead
    Take Me To Paris
    Serial Killer
    Damn You
    Outta Luck
    Oh Say Can You See
    Riding In Cars With Boys
    Gramma - it just hits me right in the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    Oh my god. Who are you then?
    Vin?
    DullEnlightenment?
    People who troll the Monsters are so mean sometimes.
    Vin is hilarious though. I go by DripDrip on there.
    Some of the Monsters on there just get so......bleh though.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    .....I'm with you tbh....trolling the monsters is just...
    I've never understood this mentality to be honest. So many fanbases get a kick out of trolling the Monsters, yet those same fanbases complain when the Monsters retaliate. It's like poking a sleeping animal and then blaming said animal for biting. Like, where's the logic in that? That's why I only go to ATRL for pop music news and nothing else. I grew tired of the hypocrisy and the drama, and quite frankly, the mods there make no attempt to stop the constant flamewars. It's like they purposely let things get out of control for their own amusement. What a horrid place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    She's one of those things that worms its way into your head and won't leave you alone until you finally grow to like her. That doesn't mean she's not a bad singer though.
    If only Nicki's masterpieces could have the same effect on people. But, alas...

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I've never understood this mentality to be honest. So many fanbases get a kick out of trolling the Monsters, yet those same fanbases complain when the Monsters retaliate. It's like poking a sleeping animal and then blaming said animal for biting. Like, where's the logic in that? That's why I only go to ATRL for pop music news and nothing else. I grew tired of the hypocrisy and the drama, and quite frankly, the mods there make no attempt to stop the constant flamewars. It's like they purposely let things get out of control for their own amusement. What a horrid place.
    I really just don't take anything serious in that place when it comes to flamewars. They're mostly for the lolz. Anyone who gets really worked up on ATRL needs to take a break to be honest. I'm not going to go into how annoying the monsters can be, I've met a few that are lovely and amazing. Every fan base has a few members that can honestly just take a seat though.

The Monsters get so serious about it though, so its like :eli:
    #BuyUltraviolance

Post your favorite NOW.

Mine are:
    Hollywood's Dead
    Take Me To Paris
    Serial Killer
    Damn You
    Outta Luck
    Oh Say Can You See
    Riding In Cars With Boys
    Gramma - it just hits me right in the feels.
    Driving In Cars With Boys
    Paris
    Puppy Love
    The demo for This Is What Makes Us Girls
    You Can Be The Boss
    Gramma
    The original Diet Mountain Dew with the verse she cut from the final version
    Serial Killer
    Pawn Shop Blues
    American Dream (Damn You)
    The National Anthem demo (this is what finally turned me into a fan tbh)
    Kinda Outta Luck
    Go Go Dancer
    Put The Radio On
    Hollywood's Dead
    On Our Way

If only Nicki's masterpieces could have the same effect on people. But, alas...
    Nicki makes cheap, generic pop. But for that, she's fine at it. I will grant you that Marilyn Monroe has grown on me like hell.

twittertumblrlast.fm

A look at the iTunes positions of our major releases this week:

1. Taylor Swift - Begin Again
    12. Enrique Iglesias - Finally Found You
    133. Ke$ha - Die Young

Obviously Taylor's at #1 - it took her around 6-7 hours to get there, and she now has a 35% lead over Gangnam Style. Surprised that Enrique has gotten as high as it has - I expected it to be a slow riser. And Ke$ha's low as of right now, but it was only released just over 2 hours ago, while the former two songs have been out since late last night.

Also, Rihanna's releasing "Diamonds" (her new single) tomorrow instead of today, which means she has a disadvantage for a big debut compared to these other songs.

EDIT:

BREAKING NEWS!!

Adele is coming back next week!! Her newest song "Skyfall", which is the theme of the next James Bond movie with the same name, is planned on being released next week. She'll be competing with Taylor Swift's second promo single, Bruno Mars's new single, 1D's new single... and Ke$ha and Rihanna from this week... oh god next week is gonna be a mess on iTunes.
    Last edited by Silent Conversation; 25th September 2012 at 7:00 PM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Ke$ha's single "Die Young" is also having issues being bought on iTunes btw. The song isn't being able to be purchased at all.

EDIT:

YOU CAN ONLY BUY THE SINGLE IF YOU SEARCH FOR IT. ON ITUNES.
    Last edited by Takaru; 25th September 2012 at 8:08 PM.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I really just don't take anything serious in that place when it comes to flamewars. They're mostly for the lolz. Anyone who gets really worked up on ATRL needs to take a break to be honest. I'm not going to go into how annoying the monsters can be, I've met a few that are lovely and amazing. Every fan base has a few members that can honestly just take a seat though.

The Monsters get so serious about it though, so its like :eli:
    It just breaks my heart that the Monsters get trolled so often on there. I mean, they have so much to deal with as it is. What with their fave gaining weight, struggling to sell her perfume, not releasing new music until next year and Madonna calling her out for copying every other day. It's a stressful life, and we all know what Monsters are famous for. So it would be better not to harass them, otherwise they might pull a Jamey, which is something no one wants to see happen. It's much better to ignore them than argue with them imo.

By the way, has Die Young been released for download? I wanna download it and listen to it all day long. Hopefully that'll make me like it as much as I liked Blow and Take It Off.

Oh, and apparently Lana's music video for Ride will be 10 minutes long. I'm ready for the slayage to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    A look at the iTunes positions of our major releases this week:

12. Enrique Iglesias - Finally Found You
    133. Ke$ha - Die Young
    UPDATE:

10. Enrique Iglesias - Finally Found You
    70. Ke$ha - Die Young

Taylor now has a 45% lead over Gangnam Style, a 10% increase from just over an hour ago. And I knew Enrique would make the Top 10, not because of him as an artist, but just because the song has been popular on pop radio for like a month now. And now that Ke$ha's in the Top 100, she should start climbing more quickly.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Begin Again is totally awesome so I'm happy to see it doing so well. I just hope all this success single-wise doesn't affect her album sales - which have always been her big strength.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Die Young is just too catchy, I'll buy it in a little while. Nothing musically spectacular, but definitley was bopping by the first listen~

struggling to sell her perfume
    The problem about the perfume is moreso that it sold better than the album >_>

And that it should've been the Scheiße video.

So it would be better not to harass them, otherwise they might pull a Jamey, which is something no one wants to see happen.
    Please don't joke about that, it was totally different circumstances.

It just breaks my heart that the Monsters get trolled so often on there. I mean, they have so much to deal with as it is. What with their fave gaining weight, struggling to sell her perfume, not releasing new music until next year and Madonna calling her out for copying every other day. It's a stressful life, and we all know what Monsters are famous for. So it would be better not to harass them, otherwise they might pull a Jamey, which is something no one wants to see happen. It's much better to ignore them than argue with them imo.

By the way, has Die Young been released for download? I wanna download it and listen to it all day long. Hopefully that'll make me like it as much as I liked Blow and Take It Off.

Oh, and apparently Lana's music video for Ride will be 10 minutes long. I'm ready for the slayage to begin.
    LOL KIRA. The subtleness in your post.

Yes, "Slay Young" is ready to be downloaded, and its climbing up the iTunes charts #12 after a two year hiatus. SLAYING.
    #BuyUltraviolance

LYriC BideO

iTunes update:
    1. Taylor Swift - Begin Again (55% lead over #2)
    5. Enrique Iglesias - Finally Found You
    7. Ke$ha - Die Young

Wow, even I didn't expect Enrique to hit Top 5, especially so quickly. I wonder how this will change tomorrow after a full 24 hours have passed for each song, and Rihanna's new single gets added to the mix.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    iTunes update:
    1. Taylor Swift - Begin Again (55% lead over #2)
    5. Enrique Iglesias - Finally Found You
    7. Ke$ha - Die Young

Wow, even I didn't expect Enrique to hit Top 5, especially so quickly. I wonder how this will change tomorrow after a full 24 hours have passed for each song, and Rihanna's new single gets added to the mix.
    Smelling Ke$hezus at #2 by the morning.

Only cause T-Swizzle has an enourmous FB.

"Die Young" is coming to help K$ snatch lots of wigs. Counting features, it'll be her 10th consecutive top ten single.
    ミュウ

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    Please don't joke about that, it was totally different circumstances.
    I was just trying to make conversation. In case you haven't noticed, I'm fed up with talking about iTunes updates. At least discussing fanbases is a good way to vent one's frustration. But I didn't mean to disrespect little Jamey. May he rest in peace.

"Die Young" is coming to help K$ snatch lots of wigs. Counting features, it'll be her 10th consecutive top ten single.
    It wouldn't be consecutive since Dirty Picture peaked at #96.

Anyway, I listened to two great albums today: Like a Prayer and Push and Shove. I hadn't listened to the former in a long time, so I thought it would be cool to listen through it again. The album was solid for the most part; Love Song and Promise to Try are the only fillers in my opinion. And Push and Shove was interesting. It was a very diverse album, but it lacked soul in my opinion.

Dirty Picture was never released in the US mind you.

And she's #3 now.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    LYriC BideO

Nice!!!! I missed Ke$ha lol.

I got to say one of my favorite songs of the moment is Owl City's and Carly Ray Jepson's Good Time. I just love the beat lol, totally made me like Carly more then I did.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Meh, Ke$ha's song is nothing spectacular. More of the same.

I'm obsessed with Rihanna's "Diamonds". It's beautiful and at least feels like something different from her. I hope the album is another musical direction.
    Last edited by Dax; 26th September 2012 at 4:10 PM.

Wow, Rihanna's "Diamonds" is really... different. And in a good way. Usually Rihanna focuses on just making beat crazy, dance songs, and then once in a while she makes a slow ballad about something serious. With this, she's actually combined both of those. It has a good instrumental beat in the background and sounds really awesome, but it's also slower than her big dance songs and more meaningful. I'm going to have to listen to it a few more times to actually get used to it, but it's very intriguing to say the least.

(It's also #14 after being out for 2.5 hours, which makes this her fastest climbing single ever).

#9 after 3 hours. Definitely much faster than WFL.

EDIT:

The Top 10 for tomorrow's Hot 100:

1. "One More Night" - Maroon 5 (=)
    2. "Gangnam Style" - Psy (+9)
    3. "Some Nights" - fun. (=)
    4. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift (-2)
    5. "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" - P!nk (=)
    6. "Whistle" - Flo Rida (-2)
    7. "As Long As You Love Me" - Justin Bieber (-1)
    8. "Good Time" - Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen (+1)
    9. "Too Close" - Alex Clare (-1)
    10. "Lights" - Ellie Goulding (-3)
    ----
    34. "Your Body" - Christina Aguilera (DEBUT)
    56. "Try" - P!nk (DEBUT)

-Glad OMN got a second week at #1, but this will probably be its last. If one of the major debuts from this week doesn't top next week, then Gangnam Style will definitely have it
    -Looks like "Some Nights" won't reach any higher than #3. Either way, that's still a pretty awesome peak for their second single
    -I really hope #8 doesn't end up being "Too Close"'s peak. It deserves to go higher
    -Wow, this is "Lights"'s 40th week on the Hot 100, and it's still in the Top 10!
    Last edited by Silent Conversation; 26th September 2012 at 8:28 PM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

http://musicchartfeeds.com/itunes-chart/chart.asp

1. Begin Again
    3. Die Young
    4. Diamonds

Rihanna at #4!

I think "Die Young" will end up as the bigger hit when all is said and done. :P

Always the odd one out....I don't like Diamonds. The lyrics are great and the music is great...but I just don't feel like the song was suit for Rihanna at all. Sia should have kept it for herself.

KIRA IS BANNED!? Who am I suppose to fight with!?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    but I just don't feel like the song was suit for Rihanna at all. Sia should have kept it for herself.
    I do like the song, but I can agree with this. I can imagine this song sung with Sia's voice, and it would probably be a lot more mesmerizing. But I can't really knock a song for NOT being sung by a certain artist, so I still like it with Rihanna's voice.

(And don't worry - David Guetta's "She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)", which is sung by Sia, is being released as a single soon, so we'll be getting some more of her before we know it).

Huh, didn't expect Kira to get banned, this thread's going to feel very different without her...
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Don't discuss banned members, guys. Let's just be one big, happy family.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

so i'm gone for a few days (from a bad cold) and my last post is BURIED in this thread. but as i read through it i can see there is A LOT to talk about that idk where to start! well im glad enrique iglesias got so high. tbh i had a feeling he would despite what all of you were saying. if there's one thing I've learned, never underestimate latin american influence in american music. ke$ha, dont flame me for this, idc about. period. rihanna has a new single? this i must look up (btw she's also carribean, which goes back to that "influence i was talking about). taylor swift 2nd #1 is impressive but country isnt my shtick. everything silent conversation said about the hot 100's top 10 i agree with (except for fun. who idrc for). still this is a very interesting time for pop music and i would like to keep jabbering away but i can't retain all this info. CRAZY

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Page 325 of 334 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329 ... LastLast