Page 326 of 334 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330 ... LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Finally finished playing catch-up. I love Pink's new album. Probably my second favorite of hers (behind I'm Not Dead, but before Funhouse). Obviously I've already stated that I love Blow Me. However, I also LOVE True Love and **** Like You. Try is also an amazing song.

Also got Carly Rae's album and was impressed. It's far from the greatest album, but it is still a good album. Besides Good Time, I really love This Kiss and More Than a Memory.

Video for Your Body. It's nothing amazing or original, but I really like the retro feel.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 29th September 2012 at 5:31 PM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Music video for David Guetta's "She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)" feat. Sia is out:

Like most of Guetta's videos, this was a very visually appealing video, but not too creative of a story to it. I just hope that the video brings this song to the public's attention. The day this song came out, I said that it can become a smash - I just want that to happen as soon as possible.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I like the "Your Body" video; I'd say it's certainly a step up from Christina's last lead single video. The wide use of colours, the tongue in cheek story and the cinematography are great. It could probably have done with a bit more of a narrative but I guess the video was going for more of a fun and relaxed visual to the music rather than a high concept mini-movie. Oh, and I like how the kills are abstract.

Heres an interesting article on the demise of Kreayshawn's career

The Story of a FLOP...

Marina's How to be a Heartbreaker video released, but unless you want some hunky eye candy: give it a miss. It's sub-par and over-hyped, just like the song itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Heres an interesting article on the demise of Kreayshawn's career
    But do you really need an article to know why she flopped?

She released her only notable song in mid-2011 ffs. She's not exceptionally talented and starts **** with other artists, only to take it back as soon as the backlash come in, looking a mess all the while.

1D has been number one on iTunes all day. Obviously they won't debut at number 1...but I'm hoping a Top 5 for them. Very happy for my boys.

And just feel the need to shout....got my tickets for the Born This Way Ball!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    1D has been number one on iTunes all day. Obviously they won't debut at number 1...but I'm hoping a Top 5 for them. Very happy for my boys.
    Adele's "Skyfall" is #100 on iTunes right now, and the song isn't even out yet - it's just pre-orders. Come Friday when the song is actually released, she'll dethrone 1D. However, 1D may end up getting the higher debut on Billboard because they'll have had a full week of sales, while Adele will only get 3 days.

Wow, commenting on this just made me realize that the two most hyped up releases of this week are by UK artists. But we still have Bruno Mars and Taylor Swift Promo #2 coming this week to balance that out.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 (Week of October 13, 2012):

1. Maroon 5 - "One More Night" (3rd week at #1)
    2. PSY - "Gangnam Style" (=)
    3. Fun. - "Some Nights" (=)
    4. Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Getting Back Together" (=)
    5. P!nk - "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" (=)
    6. Justin Bieber f/ Big Sean - "As Long As You Love Me" (+1)
    7. Taylor Swift - "Begin Again" (DEBUT)
    8. Flo Rida - "Whistle" (-2)
    9. Alex Clare - "Too Close" (=)
    10. Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen - "Good Time" (-1)
    -
    13. Ke$ha - "Die Young" (DEBUT)
    16. Rihanna - "Diamonds" (DEBUT)

*I think Some Nights will peak at #3, the top 2 songs are way too strong right now.
    *Great starts for K$ and Rih! I like Die Young a little bit more than Diamonds.
    *It looks like We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together will spend more weeks in the top 10 than Born This Way and it'll sell more! lol
    *Billboard said the battle for #1 was the closest race since February 2012, PSY still a contender.

Christina Aguilera was #1 12 years ago! :')
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 3rd October 2012 at 9:16 PM.

I really hope Gangnam Style does not hit number 1...just no please.

And why Kira, of all weeks not to be here! Nicki vs. Mariah
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I consider myself a Little Monster, and I don't go out of my way to troll or be annoying. Why would you, unless you want to make yourself, your fanbase and by association the artist you claim to love look like total derps who don't deserve respect?

I don't get why anyone who loves Lady Gaga would be trolled just for liking her and expressing this, anymore than someone who shouts about their love for Bob Dylan...? Even if they do troll, don't answer them by starting a flamewar. God, don't stoop to that level. Report and move on. Don't feed the troll etc etc.

Anyhoo, I'm really, REALLY enjoying the music I've bought this year. Mumford and Son's Babel, Of Monsters and Men's My Head is an Animal, and most of all, Fun.'s Some Nights. Damn but that album is seriously amazing. When it's not on onstant repeat on my CD player its on constant repeat in my brain O__O It's so exciting finding a new artist who shows this level of musical brilliance so early in their career. I need to get my hands on Aim and Ignite now.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Saw it coming, working with either of the two must be tiring. My heart really goes out to the contestants. Mariah's not innocent either, she's apparently been listing her accomplishments rather than doing her job.
    Nicki needs to learn to stop being an *******, not that I'm surprised, and Mariah needs to learn her relevance nowadays is limited to Christmas time.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Piss off Maroon 5.
    Gangnam Style needs to go #1 soon, or Ke$ha, Rihanna or (god forbid) One Direction will snatch the place.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I don't get why anyone who loves Lady Gaga would be trolled just for liking her and expressing this, anymore than someone who shouts about their love for Bob Dylan...? Even if they do troll, don't answer them by starting a flamewar. God, don't stoop to that level. Report and move on. Don't feed the troll etc etc.
    I'm glad somebody put this into words, I think some of the people in the this thread, myself included, should read up. I'm not even talking about Kira, that ATRL comparison he made is quite accurate at times.

I like "One More Night", but I hope "Gangnam Style" can make it to #1. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening for quite a few weeks, if ever.

3. Fun. - "Some Nights" (=)
    Keep up that Top 3 longevity, fun.!

7. Taylor Swift - "Begin Again" (DEBUT)
    Woah, that's a pretty good debut for a promotional single. And judging by its iTunes performance, "Red" (the song) is going to have a similar debut next week.

9. Alex Clare - "Too Close" (=)
    Come on, "Too Close", please rise up a bit more, I don't want this to be your end!

16. Rihanna - "Diamonds" (DEBUT)
    "We Found Love" also debuted at #16, and then went on to top the Hot 100 for ten weeks. I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu
    Of Monsters and Men's My Head is an Animal, and most of all, Fun.'s Some Nights. Damn but that album is seriously amazing.
    Oh my god, please be my best friend. Now.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    "We Found Love" also debuted at #16, and then went on to top the Hot 100 for ten weeks. I wonder...
    No, I couldn't deal with "Shien brite lik a damond" for 10 weeks. I actually kinda like the song, but that one line...
    It's worse over here since Rihanna is huge in the UK & Ireland.

Nicki had a little "meltdown" on twitter today. She needs to know this is serious, Mariah Carey isn't Lil Kim or some Z-list rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    No, I couldn't deal with "Shien brite lik a damond" for 10 weeks. I actually kinda like the song, but that one line...
    It's worse over here since Rihanna is huge in the UK & Ireland.
    I'm glad someone also dislikes that one line. First time I heard it was on the radio, and I was like, this isn't too bad. But then it got to the "shine bright like a diamond," and it just sounded so ridiculous. Silly, I know, but it just bothers me.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Adele's "Skyfall" was just released to iTunes about 3 hours ago, and it's already up to #4. It's a really dark/mysterious song and quite different to anything from 21 (which makes sense considering this is a soundtrack song), and I really like the mood of it.

Last edited by Silent Conversation; 5th October 2012 at 5:55 AM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

So Halcyon leaked. It's decent, the mixing is really bad on some of the songs, and Lights was by far a better album.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Adele's "Skyfall" was just released to iTunes about 3 hours ago, and it's already up to #4. It's a really dark/mysterious song and quite different to anything from 21 (which makes sense considering this is a soundtrack song), and I really like the mood of it.

This is such a great song. Adele's vocals are wonderful. It deserves an Oscar!

Too bad it was released on Friday, only 3 days of sales! D: I bet if this had 7 full days of sales being released on Monday, it should have been a sure #1 debut for Adele.

It already has a HUGE lead on iTunes.

This is such a great song. Adele's vocals are wonderful. It deserves an Oscar!

Too bad it was released on Friday, only 3 days of sales! D: I bet if this had 7 full days of sales being released on Monday, it should have been a sure #1 debut for Adele.

It already has a HUGE lead on iTunes.
    Well, even though it's only three days of sales, it will still get a high debut on the Hot 100 because it's getting one of those "top of the hour" radio deals on pop, HAC and AC, so it's going to have a big amount of airplay to keep in mind for its ranking on next week's chart. It's actually possible (although VERY improbable) that it could debut at #1, considering it's vastly outselling its two main competitors right now (Gangnam Style and One More Night) and it will have decent airplay (probably more than GS even).

Plus, it obviously won't stay with the lead it has now (55% over #2) for all of next week, but if it can stay at around 80% lead over GS and OMN throughout next week, then it will probably jump to #1 on the chart two weeks from now if it doesn't debut at #1 next week. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much "Skyfall" sells over the weekend, because that will be a big factor in all this.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I can't be alone in thinking that Skyfall as a song is completely uninteresting. Yes, while it manages to succeed in the "sounding-like-a-suitable-Bond-track" stakes, it just transpires as some unimaginative attempt to emulate Shirley Bassey. Adele's forte is when she's being herself, whereas in Skyfall she's essentially created a generic, run-of-the-mill song. She should have had the audacity to slap a bit of her personality on instead of trying to conform to every other typical bond track. Furthermore, the incorporation of "Skyfall" into the lyrics is too awkward for my liking. I'm sure it will have buckets of grammy awards thrown at it, but as a song it's bland and disposable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    The song as a whole is as pretty intolerable as that one hook. I suppose it's remarkable for the fact that it's not a typical Rihanna track, but apart from that it's so, so very bland. I can't help but wonder whether the song was actually boring to begin with or whether Rihanna just exacerbated everything with her vocals. Same goes to the new Ke$ha track, tbh. I mean, does anybody make real **** any more?
    Last edited by Geekachu; 6th October 2012 at 7:02 PM.
    Running for the thrill of it

So now that the tracking week for sales is over for the next Hot 100, I'm curious to see how next week will go:

-"One More Night" and "Gangnam Style" are still fighting over #1. OMN has a giant airplay lead, but GS has a huge sales lead. And they're both very close in streaming, so this will be extremely close.
    -"Red" and "Live While We're Young" could both score major debuts in the Top 10. The former song is expected to sell quite a bit more than the latter, but 1D's song has some airplay to back it up while Taylor pretty much has none.
    -Considering "Skyfall" only got three full days of sales, I'm curious to see where it'll debut. It's been #1 on iTunes since a couple of hours after it was released, but it didn't have as big of a radio start as people expected, so I have no idea where it will start on the Hot 100
    -"Die Young" and "Diamonds" are RAPIDLY climbing in airplay, and they both stayed in the iTunes Top 10 throughout the week, so they could be coming close to entering the Top 10

All I know is we're looking at two pretty much guaranteed Top 10 debuts, and maybe even a third depending on "Skyfall"'s performance. Plus we could have the very first K-Pop song topping the Hot 100. I've never been more excited to see a Hot 100 Top 10 - Wednesday, please just come already.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I'm wondering how much radio play Skyfall will get. I like the song, but it's not as radio friendly as her past singles or current music on the radio. It's a shame too.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 (Week of October 20, 2012):

1. Maroon 5 - "One More Night" (4th week at #1)
    3. One Direction - "Live While We're Young" (DEBUT)
    4. Fun. - "Some Nights" (-1)
    5. Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (-1)
    6. Taylor Swift - "Red" (DEBUT)
    7. Justin Bieber f/ Big Sean - "As Long As You Love Me" (-1)
    8. Adele - "Skyfall" (DEBUT)
    9. P!nk - "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" (-4)
    10. Alex Clare - "Too Close" (-1)

-

What a busy week!! I'm happy for Adele's debut at #8, her 4th top 10 single.

These latest new releases are hurting PSY's chances to hit #1. -_-
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 24th October 2012 at 8:16 PM.

1. Maroon 5 - "One More Night" (4th week at #1)
    Ugh, I really want GS to take the #1. I like "One More Night", but it just doesn't feel like a song that'd spent a big amount of weeks at #1.

3. One Direction - "Live While We're Young" (DEBUT)
    6. Taylor Swift - "Red" (DEBUT
    Wow, didn't expect to see LWWY so much higher than Red. I knew LWWY would get a better debut because it had some airplay while Red didn't, but I expected Red to top the Digital Songs chart instead of it, so I never saw a Top 3 debut coming. Interesting how 1D debuted higher with this than WMYB ever peaked.

Also, Taylor's promo singles are getting ridiculous in terms of charting. She's already had a #7 and a #6 debut, and so far this week her newest promo song "I Knew You Were Trouble" has been dominating iTunes with no new release competition, so she may even get a Top 5 hit out of it next week. I'm scared for when the album itself debuts, I wouldn't be surprised if every single track ends up somewhere in the Top 20/30.

8. Adele - "Skyfall" (DEBUT)
    For three days of sales, that's amazing! Had she released on a Monday, she would have definitely gotten the highest debut of the week, and possibly gotten a #1 debut. The only good thing about releasing in a shortened week is that there's a good chance she'll RISE in position next week, which more big debuts don't do.

10. Alex Clare - "Too Close" (-1)
    Please don't leave the Top 10. I need all these big debuts to leave so this can climb and outpeak its #8 position.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Ugh, I really want GS to take the #1. I like "One More Night", but it just doesn't feel like a song that'd spent a big amount of weeks at #1.
    I second that. Does "One More Night" have a bunch of parodies and a huge hype? Nope.
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

So, Kelly Clarkson is releasing a greatest hits album. I think it's titled "Greatest Hits: Chapter 1" or something like that. It will have three new songs, and this is one of them:
    http://www.vevo.com/watch/kelly-clar...o/GBE431200085

It's called Catch My Breath, and it's not a break-up song!
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Page 326 of 334 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330 ... LastLast