Page 327 of 334 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    So, Kelly Clarkson is releasing a greatest hits album. I think it's titled "Greatest Hits: Chapter 1" or something like that. It will have three new songs, and this is one of them:
    http://www.vevo.com/watch/kelly-clar...o/GBE431200085

It's called Catch My Breath, and it's not a break-up song!
    Hm, this is going to take me some time to get used to. Some parts are kind of slow and boring, but others (especially the chorus and most of the ending) sound really intense and her voice sounds amazing. So overall I'm kind of conflicted on this song right now, but knowing me, I'll end up loving it within a couple of weeks.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

No Ke-dollar sign-ha?

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    3. One Direction - "Live While We're Young" (DEBUT)
    That's my boys. Happy for them. highest single to date!

So, Kelly Clarkson is releasing a greatest hits album. I think it's titled "Greatest Hits: Chapter 1" or something like that. It will have three new songs, and this is one of them:

I've been spamming this all day. Kelly is just flawless.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Not my cup of Tea. However good for Kelly, trying to keep herself relevant.

It takes courage to not resort to the desperate gimmicks her other females contemporaries do.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    I can't be alone in thinking that Skyfall as a song is completely uninteresting.
    I completely agree, it's really only selling due to Adele's name being on it, since buying Adele makes people think they have suddenly got "deep" music tastes. That bandwagon is intolerable, I feel genuinely bad for any actual Adele fans.

The song as a whole is as pretty intolerable as that one hook. I suppose it's remarkable for the fact that it's not a typical Rihanna track, but apart from that it's so, so very bland. I can't help but wonder whether the song was actually boring to begin with or whether Rihanna just exacerbated everything with her vocals. Same goes to the new Ke$ha track, tbh. I mean, does anybody make real **** any more?
    Haha, I suppose I could just be confused by the shock of Rihanna changing her sound after this long. I found quite plain after futher listens. Don't even talk to me about Ke$ha's, it's the exact same as the **** she spewed out from Animal, I thought she said this album had hard rock influences? This is the exact same thing I was mad at Taylor for, but at least Taylor and her fans don't annoy me nearly as much as the K$ army.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Interesting how 1D debuted higher with this than WMYB ever peaked.
    Well, it's basically the same song, so... :T

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRocketGrunt View Post
    I second that. Does "One More Night" have a bunch of parodies and a huge hype? Nope.

Is that the only reason you could come up with? Really?
    Last edited by Ruby Blue; 11th October 2012 at 8:07 PM.

Cover for Fame ***** Rihanna's new album Unapologetic.

Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Ke$ha moving down kind of worries me for her career. Maybe this break was way to long for her and the hiatus did her harm.
    #BuyUltraviolance

wow ive only been skimming through serebii forums for a few months and this is the most active ive seen this thread. its really quite exciting. although i wish xtina could be mentioned more. i know like 20 songs have been released over the past 4 weeks but im really starting to love "your body" (no pun attended )(along with OMN, you go voice judges!). plus it started playing on my local radio. why is this song not topping any charts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil
    I completely agree, it's really only selling due to Adele's name being on it, since buying Adele makes people think they have suddenly got "deep" music tastes. That bandwagon is intolerable, I feel genuinely bad for any actual Adele fans.
    ouch! that one stung a little. these words remind me of someone who used to post here

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    I completely agree, it's really only selling due to Adele's name being on it, since buying Adele makes people think they have suddenly got "deep" music tastes. That bandwagon is intolerable.
    Or, perhaps people could just like the song? It's generic for a Bond song, but hey, I still enjoy listening to it, despite not being a big fan of Adele. The hype with Adele will certainly help to sell more, I agree, but it's not as if the song is absolute garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    i wish xtina could be mentioned more. i know like 20 songs have been released over the past 4 weeks but im really starting to love "your body" (no pun attended )(along with OMN, you go voice judges!).
    I thought "Your Body" would be charting better than it has already. Still, things could improve. Although, I expect "Your Body" to reach the top 10 in the UK. An X Factor performance would surely help her go top 3.

On another note, I bought Ellie Goulding's "Halcyon". I'm not keen on the overall direction of the album, but I do really like "My Blood", "Only You", "Stay Awake" "Halcyon" and "Don't Say A Word".

Justin Bieber feat. Nicki Minaj - Beauty and a Beat

I am in no way a Belieber, but JB haterz aside, the kidd is on top of his swagg on this one.
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Anybody else like Everybody Talk by Neon Tree's?? I'm loving this song at the moment. The beat is just awesome lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Can't believe no one is talking about Rihanna....I should be happy though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post
    Justin Bieber feat. Nicki Minaj - Beauty and a Beat

I am in no way a Belieber, but JB haterz aside, the kidd is on top of his swagg on this one.
    He gotz no swag. And him humping nicki was actually kind of creepy. I just can't take him seriously anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Anybody else like Everybody Talk by Neon Tree's?? I'm loving this song at the moment. The beat is just awesome lol.
    I really like the song.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 14th October 2012 at 8:14 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Taylor Swift has release another promo single called "I Knew You Were Trouble." and I actually kind of like it. Usually the only songs I've ever liked from her are her slow, ballad type songs (Safe & Sound, Ronan), but this one just has a really intense, cool feel to it that I kind of like.

The real reason I mentioned the song, though, is because right now its expected to sell 400K+ in its first week. For a PROMO SINGLE. And the THIRD one at that. Will she ever stop selling so much!? At this rate, I'm honestly expecting the entire iTunes Top 10 to be filled with nothing but album tracks from "Red" upon its release. But out of all three promo singles she's released so far, I'm glad this one is selling the most. That increases its chances of becoming her next single, which will be much more tolerable than having to constantly hear WANEGBT on the radio.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

How much do you guys think Taylor will sell on her first week? At the rate that her singles are selling, I imagine we have another album with more than 1 million copies sold on its first week. I always knew she was a force but not to this extreme.

I'm hoping for another 1 million sales week, and based on the performance of the promo singles I'm thinking she might be able to beat Speak Now's first week. But I do hope her gravitation to the more mainstream pop sound doesn't sacrifice some of her album sales.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

If she does break a million it will be impressive. Not many artist have done that with two albums.

Anyway....onto more important matters....for me anyway. I'm absolutely jumping for joy. Girls Aloud are giving a special announcement this Friday where they will announce their reunion and I can't wait for it. Very excited they are back. Even better, there new single "Something New" leaked and it is awesome!

And for the cherry on top....Queen Brit Brit is filming the music video for "Scream and Shout" with will.i.am.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 16th October 2012 at 2:52 PM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Kelly Clarkson: The 'greatest Hits'

Guess she has enough 'hits'.... for 2 'chapters'/CD's

Kelly's doing far better than I expected. Since she got an iTunes banner, "Catch My Breath" has jumped up to #7 on iTunes and is still climbing. Meanwhile, Taylor is still destroying everybody, and right now holds the Top 2 spots for the second time in the past couple of weeks... and the last time was with two different songs. I can't.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

well its ABOUT DAMN TIME. 'nuff said.
    and Taylor's iTune hits. im sorry but i dont get it. why is she so popular? because teenage girls can relate 120% to this 20+ year-old's lyrics? i mean she is definitely talented but not to the point that she should be dominating charts. oh well, there's definitely much worse out there, much, MUCH, worse

Credit to Brutaka

Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (Oct 27):

1. "One More Night" - Maroon 5 (=)
    2. "Gangnam Style" - Psy (=)
    3. "I Knew You Were Trouble" - Taylor Swift (DEBUT)
    4. "Some Nights" - fun. (=)
    5. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift (=)
    6. "As Long As You Love Me" - Justin Bieber ft. Big Sean (+1)
    7. "Too Close" - Alex Clare (+3)
    8. "Die Young" - Ke$ha (+6)
    9. "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" - P!nk (=)
    10. "Good Time" - Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen (+1)
    ------
    11. "Diamonds" - Rihanna (+7)
    12. "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)" - Ne-Yo (+5)
    13. "Skyfall" - Adele (-5)

-Ugh, OMN's reign at #1 is actually getting kind of annoying. Gangnam Style is so much more relevant right now, it deserves to be #1 more than OMN
    -This would be the point where I complain at how annoyingly huge Taylor Swift is, but I actually like IKYWT. I'm glad it's gotten the highest debut of her promo singles
    -YES, "Too Close" gets a new peak!! Hopefully after all the Taylor madness ends, it can make it into the Top 5!
    -Surprised "Die Young" is in the Top 10 this week (I knew it'd make it in eventually, but I didn't think it'd happen so quickly)
    -I expect "Diamonds" in the Top 10 next week
    -Wow, "Live While We're Young" must have CRASHED. It was #3 last week and now it's not even in the Top 13
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

-Ke$ha scores her 8th top 10 hit, she remains FLOP-FREE! Yay!
    -We Are Never... was FINALLY released to streaming after like 3 months?

"State of Grace" is the last promotional track from Tay's upcoming album (thank God!) hopefully this will help PSY gain a wider advantage in sales over OMN. It really deserves to be #1. -_-

I can see another Sexy and I Know It - We Found Love scenario where WFL blocked SaIKI for like 8 weeks and then LMFAO finally hit #1 but I just hope OMN does not spend like 10 weeks at #1, the song is cool but it's not as epic as We Found Love, I feel it's just there..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (Oct 27):

1. "One More Night" - Maroon 5 (=)
    2. "Gangnam Style" - Psy (=)
    3. "I Knew You Were Trouble" - Taylor Swift (DEBUT)
    4. "Some Nights" - fun. (=)
    5. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift (=)
    6. "As Long As You Love Me" - Justin Bieber ft. Big Sean (+1)
    7. "Too Close" - Alex Clare (+3)
    8. "Die Young" - Ke$ha (+6)
    9. "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" - P!nk (=)
    10. "Good Time" - Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen (+1)
    ------
    11. "Diamonds" - Rihanna (+7)
    12. "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)" - Ne-Yo (+5)
    13. "Skyfall" - Adele (-5)

-Ugh, OMN's reign at #1 is actually getting kind of annoying. Gangnam Style is so much more relevant right now, it deserves to be #1 more than OMN
    -This would be the point where I complain at how annoyingly huge Taylor Swift is, but I actually like IKYWT. I'm glad it's gotten the highest debut of her promo singles
    -YES, "Too Close" gets a new peak!! Hopefully after all the Taylor madness ends, it can make it into the Top 5!
    -Surprised "Die Young" is in the Top 10 this week (I knew it'd make it in eventually, but I didn't think it'd happen so quickly)
    -I expect "Diamonds" in the Top 10 next week
    -Wow, "Live While We're Young" must have CRASHED. It was #3 last week and now it's not even in the Top 13
    Time to invoke the 'F' Word.

FLOPPP.

that is all.

i guess im the only one who loves OMN. i can see how its annoying when there are multiple good songs and there is a consistent #1 song, but i love maroon5. they have good lyrics, beats, unique/expert timing, and adam's amazing voice. they can be #1 until i say "uggh, i sick of this song" so like a year

oh, 1D. i guess there is a limit to how much unoriginal boy band the world can tolerate
    Last edited by flamebeam; 18th October 2012 at 3:55 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    i guess im the only one who loves OMN. i can see how its annoying when there are multiple good songs and there is a consistent #1 song, but i love maroon5. they have good lyrics, beats, unique/expert timing, and adam's amazing voice. they can be #1 until i say "uggh, i sick of this song" so like a year
    Don't get me wrong, I actually really like OMN (I've even stated that in this thread quite a few times). I don't have a problem with the song, I have a problem with it topping the Hot 100 for so long. To me - and to many others - it just doesn't fee like the #1 song in the US. Gangnam Style is having way more of an effect on pop culture that someone who doesn't look at the Hot 100 would probably think it's the #1 song right now.

Also, a chart blog just posted that LWWY fell 18 spots, crashing from #3 to #21. Ouch...

EDIT: Also thought I'd mention that Taylor's newest promo single ("State of Grace") isn't holding up nearly as well as her other promo singles have. At one point the #2 song was only selling 35% of what she was selling, but that number's already gone back up to 60% and the song hasn't even been out for two whole days yet. It will probably still top the Digital Songs chart next week, but it definitely won't pull a 400K+ like IKYWT did.

(Speaking of IKWYT, it's holding up AMAZINGLY for a promo single. Still #3 on iTunes after 8 days of release, and it's actually catching up to "State of Grace". Taylor, you're stupid if you don't make this your second single from Red).
    Last edited by Silent Conversation; 18th October 2012 at 5:18 AM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Try harder people. LWWY crashed because all the die0hard fans bought it when it came out. It has no promotion state-side yet and it's getting barely any radio play, of course it was going to fall hard. Doesn't make it a flop.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Page 327 of 334 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331 ... LastLast