Page 332 of 334 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334 LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    1. "Diamonds" - Rihanna (2nd week at #1)
    2. "Die Young" - Ke$ha (+1)
    4. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (=)
    Rihanna, you better block both of these songs until something better comes to along to replace you.

5. "Gangnam Style" - PSY (+2)
    I'm glad that this song isn't just going to plummet out of the Top 10. It's arguably the most well known song this year, it deserves to stay at least a little bit longer.

7. "Ho Hey" - The Lumineers (+1)
    Keep going Lumineers! I can see this as a steady Top 5 hit within the next few weeks.

8. "Home" - Phillips Phillips (+4)
    Woah, Phillip, welcome back!! When this song got back into the Top 10 during the Olympics I didn't really care that much, but since then I've listened to it more and I really like it. So I'm all for it doing well.

10. "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)" - Ne-Yo (-4)
    Oh thank god you aren't here to stay. Hope you're out next week.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

So fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    2. "Die Young" - Ke$ha (+1)
    Come on gurl....DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    sorry; are did you say "tv land" cuz you're trying to say that Phillip Phillips' fans are old. if so. then haha that's funny. why did Rihanna's album get #1? idk, maybe her inevitable #1 was a result of all her success adding up to her fans loving Rihanna unconditionally to the point where they'll end up bying anything she sells, good or bad. that, and she just had a tour

LOL...I meant TV in general not the TV Land channel
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

there is absolutley nothing good or redeeming about Scream and Shout

and yet it's an absolute jam

twittertumblrlast.fm

Very true lol.

And Queen B keeps on going...Scream and Shout is number 1 on itunes in 18 countries....and she has said she wants to renew her X Factor contract.

Scream and Shout does not really sound like Britney Spears to me. I don't know if I like it.

So I remember a couple of weeks ago we were discussing how Sia was the one who originally wrote "Diamonds" for Rihanna. Well, Sia actually performed it (the quality of the audio's a bit bad though):

I actually really like this version because it just sounds so pure. I like Rihanna's version too, don't get me wrong, but I find that Sia's version sounds way more emotional and natural than Rihanna's.

Also: Last year I remember we talked about X Factor USA a lot, but we haven't really been discussing it this year (other than what Britney is doing on it). So, for the people who have been watching it - what do you think of the contestants and the results so far? I personally love Carly, Fifth Harmony, Diamond and CeCe, and I'm glad all four of them are in the Top 6. I miss Jennel so much, though, Paige should have gotten out before her...
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I love X Factor this year. My faves still on the show are Carly, Emblem 3, and Cece. Jennel was my favorite though.

Stannin for Carly

I wasn't a fan of Paige, but was surprised to see her go tbh. She has all the makings of a successful basic *****. Throw some autotune on her and she could effectively replace Rihanna and no one would notice.

twittertumblrlast.fm

yay x factor! I've been i sppf for less than a year so i wasn't sure if xf was discussed in this thread. definitely #teamcarly all the way! i voted my *** off to keep her at #1. can't believe vino left! i know he his last couple performances were getting boring, but that was because of song choice. don't believe? look up judges' houses: his rendition of "sober" was phenomenal! other than that, i think everyone in the xf is very talented, a lovely difference from american idol. i cant believe cece is still there. not that i don't like her, but i was convinced that america hated her. she's awesome but her voice won't be able to compete with the rest if the acts (maybe E3, but their fanbase makes up for their sound). i think cece and 5th harmony are in danger next week. 5th hasn't done anything as good as "impossible" at judges' houses. the final 2 will most likely be carly and tate. and im fine with that; they're both crazy talented.

Quote Originally Posted by chris-kun
    I wasn't a fan of Paige, but was surprised to see her go tbh. She has all the makings of a successful basic *****. Throw some autotune on her and she could effectively replace Rihanna and no one would notice.
    very true. but i still love rihanna so i hope there's enough room for both of them

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation
    I'm glad that this song isn't just going to plummet out of the Top 10. It's arguably the most well known song this year, it deserves to stay at least a little bit longer.
    this year? would STIUTK be in the running?

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

i cant believe cece is still there. not that i don't like her, but i was convinced that america hated her. she's awesome but her voice won't be able to compete with the rest if the acts (maybe E3, but their fanbase makes up for their sound). i think cece and 5th harmony are in danger next week.
    Well CeCe has a pretty big fanbase as well. She has a ton of followers on Twitter and crazy stans who are determined to keep her in. The only thing is, that's pretty much her only source of votes, as most of the general public isn't voting for her, so I agree with you she'll be in trouble next week.

Assuming that nothing completely out of the ordinary happens next week, I think that Diamond, CeCe and Fifth Harmony will all be in trouble (seeing as though I think it's another double elimination next week, which means that 1 of those will go home immediately and 2 will sing-off).

this year? would STIUTK be in the running?
    Well STIUTK was definitely the biggest actual hit of 2012 (that'll be confirmed when the Year-End Billboard chart comes out), but I think that Gangnam Style is just overall better known. STIUTK was a monster radio hit, but if you didn't listen to radio, you could have potentially gone without knowing it. But even if you shut off your radio, computer and TV, you'll still find somebody talking about or dancing Gangnam Style.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Well CeCe has a pretty big fanbase as well. She has a ton of followers on Twitter and crazy stans who are determined to keep her in. The only thing is, that's pretty much her only source of votes, as most of the general public isn't voting for her, so I agree with you she'll be in trouble next week.

Assuming that nothing completely out of the ordinary happens next week, I think that Diamond, CeCe and Fifth Harmony will all be in trouble (seeing as though I think it's another double elimination next week, which means that 1 of those will go home immediately and 2 will sing-off).

Well STIUTK was definitely the biggest actual hit of 2012 (that'll be confirmed when the Year-End Billboard chart comes out), but I think that Gangnam Style is just overall better known. STIUTK was a monster radio hit, but if you didn't listen to radio, you could have potentially gone without knowing it. But even if you shut off your radio, computer and TV, you'll still find somebody talking about or dancing Gangnam Style.
    i keep wanting to believe that there won't be a double elimination but after doing the math that's most likely what's gonna happen. 4 double eliminations. that's way more than the 2 last year. and tbh im not happy with america deciding so many eliminations. i blame MLB for this. and they shouldn't have brought back diamond. even worse, if they go from 6 to 4, then the top 4 week will be decided by the lowest votes like last year

Credit to Brutaka

So.....Rihanna is back with her abusive lover.

Can anyone say Bobby and Whitney v.2.0? Except Whitney had great vocal talent, prior to showering herself daily in hardcore drugs, of course.

Rihanna is the poor, well, very-poor-man's Whitney.

The new album has some possible hits, but its very generic and does not feel like it has a unified theme. It's all over the place.

As much as I love her and vote like batshit crazy for her, Cece is going home this week. Love her to death, but her and either Fifth Harmony or Diamond will be going home. It's beyond obvious either Tate or Carly will win. On the plus side, at least Cece should have a good performance this week, she's going to be performing either Part of Me, Die Young, or So What.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 2nd December 2012 at 7:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    On the plus side, at least Cece should have a good performance this week, she's going to be performing either Part of Me, Die Young, or So What.
    Actually, all of the acts have confirmed via Twitter which song they're going to be singing.

Cece Frey = "Part Of Me"
    Diamond White = "Diamonds"
    Carly Rose Sonenclar = "If I Were A Boy"
    Fifth Harmony = "Give Your Heart A Break"
    Emblem3 = "Forever Young"
    Tate Stevens = "Tomorrow Never Comes"
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Oh, lot of good choices there. Curious as to how Cece will change things up then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QO48FGESV0

Actually, all of the acts have confirmed via Twitter which song they're going to be singing.

Cece Frey = "Part Of Me"
    Diamond White = "Diamonds"
    Carly Rose Sonenclar = "If I Were A Boy"
    Fifth Harmony = "Give Your Heart A Break"
    Emblem3 = "Forever Young"
    Tate Stevens = "Tomorrow Never Comes"
    cece's choice. is obvious. "this is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me" is the story of her life. and she's gonna stress that, and.her performance will he criticized. i always joked that diamond should sing "diamonds" that can go either very well or not so well. carly will kill that song, i will love her to death, and she'll get #1 again. 5th.harmony taking a risk, but i like the song choice. who's gonna that high note "everytime you RUNNNN". isn't this the 2nd time they're singing one of demi's songs? i don't see emblem3 showing anything new with their song. and im once again unfamiliar with Tate's country song, but it's probably gonna be awesome.

in addition, if diamond does a good job, this could be what riri needs to seize the Christmas sales

Credit to Brutaka

carly will kill that song, i will love her to death, and she'll get #1 again.
    I agree with you, and I love Carly a lot, but I'm actually disappointed that "If I Were A Boy" won. She'll kill it like you said, but it's yet another slow song that requires a high register and powerful belting - and everybody already knows that she can do those things. I would have preferred if "Your Song" won, because that song requires more tenderness and a bit of a quieter performance, which could have shown off a completely new side of her.

who's gonna that high note "everytime you RUNNNN".
    Dinah will, she always sings the high notes.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I LOVE Warrior. It's amazing, Supernatural is one of my favorite songs of the year.
    ミュウ

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    I LOVE Warrior. It's amazing, Supernatural is one of my favorite songs of the year.

tbh idrc much for kesha (and that'what internet lingo does to a sentence). but I'll give her credit for "die young": the beat is catchy, the chorus lyrics are catchy, and her rapping is kept at a minimum. overall i tolerate the song to the point where i don't mind hearing it but not enough that it's download-worthy

for anyone who hasn't heard it, here is the "Diamonds" remix the song length is 4:47. warning for rap haters: roughly the first 1:45 is kanye's intro, and the rest of it is rihanna. i thought it was really good. i love kanye and rihanna so that was my most likely opinion.if you read the page, it'll tell u that kanye and rihanna haven't collabbed since kanye's "all of the lights", and that song won grammies. what will be the fate of this production?

Credit to Brutaka

I like Warrior, it's a good album, but the songs blend way to well IMO. Still love it. Besides Die Young my faves are Dirty Love, Only Wanna Dance with You, and The Beautiful Life.

Looking at Billboard....Unapologetic falls down to 6....ouch. :P

Scream and Shout is number one on Digital Charts so hoping for another Top 10 for Queen B. It's still number one on iTunes as well.

Top 10 for tomorrow's Hot 100 (dated December 15th):

1. "Diamonds" - Rihanna (=) (3rd week @ #1!)
    2. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (+2)
    3. "Die Young" - Ke$ha (-1)
    4. "One More Night" - Maroon 5 (-1)
    5. "Ho Hey" - The Lumineers (+2)
    6. "Some Nights" - Fun. (=)
    7. "Home" - Phillip Phillips (+1)
    8. "I Cry" - Flo Rida (+1)
    9. "Let Me Love You" - Ne-Yo (+1)
    10. "Gangnam Style" - Psy (-5)
    -------
    11. "Girl On Fire" - Alicia Keys ft. Nicki Minaj (+10)
    12. "Scream & Shout" - will.i.am ft. Britney Spears (HOT SHOT DEBUT)

-Well, it looks like LOOH is coming to replace Diamonds at #1 as early as next week. That sucks, considering LOOH is annoying and Diamonds deserves more time on top
    -Congrats to "Ho Hey" for entering the Top 5! Although unlikely, it's not completely impossible that this could end up eventually hitting #1!
    -"Home"'s chart run continues to amaze me. Keep climbing, Phillip
    -Thank god S&S didn't debut in the Top 10. While it is a somewhat entertaining song, that doesn't take away from the fact that it's horrible
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

In Nicki Minaj news.....

PFRR:The ReUp has officially flopped.

Where does Nicki take her career from here?

The HOT100/Top 10, I love #1, 2, and #4 so looks like a good week.

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    In Nicki Minaj news.....

PFRR:The ReUp has officially flopped.

Where does Nicki take her career from here?

The HOT100/Top 10, I love #1, 2, and #4 so looks like a good week.
    hmm, well i guess she can do american idol for the next 12 years. apparently people can do that.

nicki, nicki, nicki, can't you see?
    sometimes you think we care about ye~

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation
    Dinah will, she always sings the high notes.
    i love and hate at the same time how you were right
    Last edited by flamebeam; 6th December 2012 at 2:54 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

hmm, well i guess she can do american idol for the next 12 years. apparently people can do that.

nicki, nicki, nicki, can't you see?
    sometimes you think we care about ye~
    For one, it is very irresponsible of her to place the blame on Walmart and Target.

IS Nicki Minaj so egocentric that she cannot entertain the concept that the public just did not enjoy/receive her new material as well as she feels they should in her mind?

Minaj seemingly is suffering from Gaga-itis, the disorder where an artist believes the hype, hypemen/women surrounding them, the propaganda, and believes everything they touch or release is golden, no matter how appalling the quality of said works are. Albeit Gaga's was only a flop in a commercial sense and of a lesser scale. Gaga had some quality tracks of BTW. Nicki has flopped both commercially and creatively.

The Future looks Dim for Ms. Onika Maraj.

Azealia is doing the stuff in a direction Nicki should have went.

Now this is quality:
        Spoiler:- explicit lyrics:

So I remember a couple of weeks ago we were discussing how Sia was the one who originally wrote "Diamonds" for Rihanna. Well, Sia actually performed it (the quality of the audio's a bit bad though):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=ajoSRF-1TMo#!

I actually really like this version because it just sounds so pure. I like Rihanna's version too, don't get me wrong, but I find that Sia's version sounds way more emotional and natural than Rihanna's.

Also: Last year I remember we talked about X Factor USA a lot, but we haven't really been discussing it this year (other than what Britney is doing on it). So, for the people who have been watching it - what do you think of the contestants and the results so far? I personally love Carly, Fifth Harmony, Diamond and CeCe, and I'm glad all four of them are in the Top 6. I miss Jennel so much, though, Paige should have gotten out before her...
    i know this post is old but i forgot to watch it. but you are so right; it's definitely more natural and emotional. i can't say which is better because they both feel so different that it's hard to.compare, kinda like vino alan and diamond white (i miss them both )

but speaking of rihanna, i had no idea she performed at the xf uk. I'm just that stupid. so i thought I'd post the video cuz i love her performances every year on american idol and the xf

Rihanna has so much money that she's making it rain~
    Last edited by flamebeam; 7th December 2012 at 4:07 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

Page 332 of 334 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334 LastLast