Page 330 of 334 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334 LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

"Carry On" hasn't been sent to Pop or HAC radio yet, which is why it isn't doing so well at this point (right now, it's only charting on Alternative). However, I'm sure it will be another fairly big hit for them, because it has a similar feel to it as "We Are Young", which was massive. I don't think it will do as well as WAY or SN because some parts are a bit slow and quiet, but I'm sure it will reach at least the Top 20 in its peak.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

back to the holiday question, i could possibly get some heat for this, seeing as the opinion of this song is pretty unanimous, but i really like "locked out of heaven". at first it was a close call but i am leaning more towards diamonds. I've always loved Rihanna, more than bruno mars (no i don't love him but yes i love a couple of his songs) and in the end i think its just a better song. however, i would put my money on LOOH cuz its bruno mars, this is the time of year that he usually makes a mark in charts, girls swoon for this guy, and, oh yeah, it's bruno mars.

btw i failed to mention die young. well that's just because i never like ke$ha and the song is nothing special

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

So "Gangnam Style" finally leaves the top of iTunes, as "Diamonds" is now the #1 on iTunes. As long as it keeps this position for the rest of this week, then it will be #1 on next week's Hot 100 (not the one posted on the 15th, the one posted on the 22nd).

One Direction is also pulling a smaller version of Taylor Swift, as a ton of their tracks from their album are charting high on iTunes. I knew they had a big fanbase, but I didn't realize it was THAT big.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I haven't listened to Diamonds all the way through yet. I don't know if I like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Three major flaws with this statement:

1. I like "One More Night". Go look through some of my previous posts if you don't believe me.
    You really could have fooled me since you complain about it on a weekly basis.

One Direction is also pulling a smaller version of Taylor Swift, as a ton of their tracks from their album are charting high on iTunes. I knew they had a big fanbase, but I didn't realize it was THAT big.
    I bet they will be number one on the albums chart next week. Yeah, fanbase is big, tickets to their 2013 World Tour have been sold out since April and May.

Love this video, very beautiful.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    You really could have fooled me since you complain about it on a weekly basis.
    Once again, go back and find my comments on the past 5 or so Hot 100 Top 10s. I've never once complained about the quality of the song itself, I just complain that it's been #1 for so long because I don't think it's a deserving #1 - not based on quality, but based on relevance to the country.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post

Love this video, very beautiful.

The real star of that video is her hair. So much hair flipping.
    flip flip woosh flip wooshhh
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Billboard Hot 100 (Week of November 24, 2012):

1. "One More Night" - Maroon 5 (9th week at #1)
    2. "Diamonds" - Rihanna (+2)
    3. "Die Young" - Ke$ha (+3)
    4. "Some Nights" - Fun. (-1)
    5. "Gangnam Style" - PSY (-3)
    6. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (+1)
    7. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift (-2)
    8. "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)" - Ne-Yo (+2)
    9. "Too Close" - Alex Clare (=)
    10. "I Cry" - Flo Rida (+2)

Billboard also notes 2012's longest-leading No. 1 Hot 100 hits, ranked by weeks on top:

9, "One More Night" - Maroon 5
    9, "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
    8, "Somebody That I Used To Know" - Gotye featuring Kimbra
    6, "We Are Young" - fun. featuring Janelle Monae
    3, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift
    3, "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" - Kelly Clarkson
    2, "Whistle" - Flo Rida
    2, "Set Fire to the Rain" - Adele
    2, "Sexy and I Know It" - LMFAO
    2, "We Found Love" - Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris
    (*spent eight weeks at No. 1 in November/December 2011)
    1, "Part of Me" - Katy Perry
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 14th November 2012 at 7:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Next week, these two songs will switch. It'll be nice to have a new #1. (inb4HoennMasteraccusesmeofhatingOMN)

12th week in the Top 5! Even though it never made it to #1, it blew away my expectations!

Wow, I knew this would fall this week, but didn't think it would be my this much. If only radio had embraced this song...

In terms of Flo Rida songs, this one isn't so bad, so I'm okay with it entering the Top 10.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Billboard Hot 100 (Week of November 24, 2012):

6. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (+1)
    7. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift (-2)
    8. "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)" - Ne-Yo (+2)
    9. "Too Close" - Alex Clare (=)
    it's been a while since i have liked the majority of the top 10 (70%).

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation
    Next week, these two songs will switch. It'll be nice to have a new #1. (inb4HoennMasteraccusesmeofhatingOMN)
    looking forward to another #1 by rihanna. I've lost track of how many that would be. and lol very subtle

If only radio had embraced [Gangnam Style]…
    i think the real victory is that a kpop song in a foreign language made it all the way to #2 in an English-speaking world. you can't win every battle. psy didn't, but he won the important ones, which is ironic since apparently Koreans don't even like him. i'll admit the time it took for me to finally realize that i like this song is comparable to the time it took "lights" to reach its peak

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn
    2, "We Found Love" - Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris (*spent eight weeks at No. 1 in November/December 2011)
    so what you're saying is rihanna is the real winner here. awesome.

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    looking forward to another #1 by rihanna. I've lost track of how many that would be.
    If "Diamonds" makes it to #1 (which it will), then it will be Rihanna's 12th #1
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

If "Diamonds" makes it to #1 (which it will), then it will be Rihanna's 12th #1
    people talk about t.swift's power, but it's my girl RiRi who's the real force to be reckoned with
    SOS
    Umbrella
    Take A Bow
    Disturbia
    Live Your Life
    Rude Boy
    Love The Way You Lie
    Only Girl
    What’s My Name
    S&M
    We Found Love
    Diamonds
    Last edited by flamebeam; 15th November 2012 at 1:09 PM.

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    people talk about t.swift's power, but it's my girl RiRi who's the real force to be reckoned with
    In terms of singles sales, yes, of course Rihanna is powerful. (Of course, Taylor isn't a 'singles artist' but is more of an 'albums artist' *cough*1.2millionsalesdebutweek*cough*)

Personally I've always sort of found Bruno Mars ridiculously annoying (mainly because of the cheesiness of Grenade and Just The Way You Are) but I must admit, I do quite like Locked out of Heaven; it's definitely growing on me. *shrugs*

And yay I'm glad One More Night is doing well, although yeah I do agree that it's surprising, I guess, that it's lasted so long at number 1.

Unapologetic leaked, I plan on listening to it soon.

Apparently, so did the Re-Up, but I don't think anyone cared enough to find a download.

Yes.

No.

Well, he has a point. You only seemed to mention in a negative light.

Personally, I'm just glad Gangam Style is fading, it's an earsore and the video loses effect after about one watch. Overrated to ****.

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    In terms of singles sales, yes, of course Rihanna is powerful.
    And also worldwide recognition, social impact and general popularity. I don't even like Riri that much, but don't be so quick to sell her short.

-I'm glad "One More Night" is in the Top 10, as I much prefer it to "Payphone". Hopefully next week it can overtake "Payphone"
    I'm pretty happy that this song is climbing so quickly. It's one of my favourite Maroon 5 songs, so I'd be okay with it going to #1.
    I hope that "One More Night" can knock Taylor off the top soon. I like it way more than "Payphone"
    -Congrats on the #1, Maroon 5! I haven't actually liked a #1 since STIUTK, so I'm glad OMN got it!
    -Glad OMN got a second week at #1,
    I like "One More Night"
    I like "One More Night"
    Just thought I'd go back and find some of my old posts in this thread as to avoid certain confusion from other common posters.

Anyways, listening to "Unapologetic" now. Based on the first three songs (not including "Diamonds"), I'm not really liking this album very much. Nothing is really standing out, and right now I'm not impressed. Well, I have 10 tracks to go, so maybe it'll redeem itself in its later songs.

Speaking of Rihanna, she just confirmed that she will shortly be releasing a "Diamonds" remix featuring Kanye West. I'll be honest, I'm kind of confused why she's doing this. Usually artists release remixes when a song's sales are mediocre and/or it's having a hard time reaching #1 on the Hot 100. Yet "Diamonds" is currently at the top of iTunes AND it's almost guaranteed #1 on the Hot 100 within the next two weeks. So this seems pointless if you ask me.
    Last edited by Silent Conversation; 16th November 2012 at 11:22 PM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

OMG relax, you're really blowing a whole lotta nothing up at this point.

I pray some kind of miracle blocks Rihanna, Die Young at number one baby.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Hey, I'm perfectly relaxed. I was just bored and people were continually persisting that I disliked OMN despite me repeatedly mentioning that I don't, so considering I had nothing else to do, why not just make a nice end to the conversation?

Anyways, finished listening to "Unapologetic". Most of the tracks were either really bad or completely unmemorable. The only songs that I really like off the album are "Diamonds" and "Stay" (I have no idea who this Mikky Ekko guy is, but he did a really nice job on the latter song).

"Jump" is also quite an interesting sounding song, and I played it a couple of times to see if I would like it, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea. It is one of the more memorable tracks though.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Funny, reviews I've seen say the album was better than Talk That Talk. Now I'm really scared to listen to it lol

Forgot all about this, but apparently Will.i.am. and Queen Brit Brit's collaboration Scream and Shout premieres Monday and the video will debut during X Factor next week.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    And also worldwide recognition, social impact and general popularity. I don't even like Riri that much, but don't be so quick to sell her short.
    They were referring to Rihanna's power in terms of number 1 singles, and were comparing Rihanna's power on the singles charts to Taylor's. :/

As for Unapologetic, eh I'll probably end up listening to it sometime next week when I have some spare time (though, honestly, my expectations aren't too high).

I asked this a week or two ago but received no replies so I'll ask it again: any sign of 'Battle Scars' by Guy Sebastian & Lupe Fiasco in the US, at all? Is it getting, or has it been getting, any airplay at all?

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    I asked this a week or two ago but received no replies so I'll ask it again: any sign of 'Battle Scars' by Guy Sebastian & Lupe Fiasco in the US, at all? Is it getting, or has it been getting, any airplay at all?
    The only radio chart it's on right now is the Rhythmic chart, where it's all the way down at #44 (out of 50).

I personally hope this song does well, though - coming from somehow who is instinctively against rap, I really like this song. Guy Sebastian just has an amazing voice and the non-rap parts of this song sound really cool. Plus, the rapping isn't too loud/obnoxious/all about sex and drugs, so I can tolerate that.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation
    Speaking of Rihanna, she just confirmed that she will shortly be releasing a "Diamonds" remix featuring Kanye West. I'll be honest, I'm kind of confused why she's doing this. Usually artists release remixes when a song's sales are mediocre and/or it's having a hard time reaching #1 on the Hot 100. Yet "Diamonds" is currently at the top of iTunes AND it's almost guaranteed #1 on the Hot 100 within the next two weeks. So this seems pointless if you ask me.
    well i see you don't like rap much, but with songs like the one that used to be called "theraflu", "mercy", and "clique" immediately getting #1 in radio stations, kanye is the most relevant rapper in the world right now. and if you look at Rihanna's collaboration history, there's a definite pattern of rappers featured in her songs (or songs she's featured in). another note to make is that songs with kanye and rihanna -- "run this town" and "all of the lights" -- were very popular after being released. so if rihanna is "guaranteed" #1, maybe she expects that amount of time at #1 to be higher with the remix
    Quote Originally Posted by zhanton
    They were referring to Rihanna's power in terms of number 1 singles, and were comparing Rihanna's power on the singles charts to Taylor's. :/
    they = flamebeam, right? well they were also aware of the points Aveil made. they just focused on the #1 singles angle because it's the most well recorded aspect of rihanna's awesomeness. it also accurately portrays the other qualities that make Rihanna a worldwide superstar
    Last edited by flamebeam; 17th November 2012 at 6:11 PM.

Credit to Brutaka

She's prepairing for Unapologetic's rerelease which will be out next week, the day before her next two albums.

twittertumblrlast.fm

So Britney Spears and will.i.am collaborated on a new song called "Scream and Shout". You can listen to it here and the music video is going to be premiered on X Factor this week.

This may quite possibly be the worst song either artist has ever come out with.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I like the song. It's funky and even though I don't care for Brit Brit's way too-autotuned vocals, she still makes it great.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 21st November 2012 at 7:32 PM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

So while the official Top 10 doesn't come out until later today, Billboard has officially confirmed that Diamonds will be #1 on this Thursday's Hot 100, earning Rihanna her 12th #1 hit. Congrats to Rihanna - at first I didn't like "Diamonds" too much but it grew on me incredibly and it's now one of my favourite singles by her, so I'm glad it's having this kind of success.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Page 330 of 334 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334 LastLast