Page 13 of 334 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Plus, Born This Way started off its popularity with a lot more impact (with the song becoming #1 in 26 countries I think after only being out for ONE DAY). E.T. just got to #1 after people randomly began to hear it on the radio.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Well, I guess Rolling in the Deep is just going to become that really good song that for some reason never makes it to #1... if Adele were nearly as well known as Katy Perry, she would have that top spot in an instant.
    Yeah, it's a shame. I like Katy Perry and all, but her songs aren't as good as people think they are. I loved Teenage Dream and the original version of E.T., but even I have to admit that they weren't groundbreaking. Rolling In The Deep on the other hand, is an amazing song and Adele should get more credit.

I remember Adele when her music had just began to go out, She's a great musician and has a beautiful voice, shes already there. Just a little more publicity.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

I'm sorry, I have to say this-

Spoiler:- You'd rather not:

ugh, dreadful.
    Quote of the moment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwindstudios View Post
    Theoretically, In order for garchomps and pidgeots to fly at the speed of sound, (Let's include sonic the hedgehog into this to...) they need to consume over 5 1/2 MILLION calories a day!
    Bow to the Dual-Weilding Key of Destiny
    Roxas:Claimed

The only hit song by Adele I remember pre-21 is Chasing Pavements, but maybe it's just because I'm American.

Christ why do people still think that just saying that it's Friday is funny? It's like Seltzer and Friedberg write your jokes.
    Last edited by Lbsweet96; 5th May 2011 at 4:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbsweet96 View Post
    The only hit song by Adele I remember pre-21 is Chasing Pavements, but maybe it's just because I'm American.

Christ why do people still think that just saying that it's Friday is funny? It's like Seltzer and Friedberg write your jokes.
    I'm sorry, it's just the most dreadful thing I've heard in a while. I was all hyped up at my school before I heard it, and two weeks later I thought it couldn't possibly be as bad as it was hyped up to be. I was wrong.
    Quote of the moment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwindstudios View Post
    Theoretically, In order for garchomps and pidgeots to fly at the speed of sound, (Let's include sonic the hedgehog into this to...) they need to consume over 5 1/2 MILLION calories a day!
    Bow to the Dual-Weilding Key of Destiny
    Roxas:Claimed

Holy scheiße. Judas drops from #12 to #20 this week. Of course it will turn back around in the next two weeks, but I was hoping it would drop a little less! On the other hand, Born This Way drops just one position to #16. Oprah and the music video tomorrow, cross your fingers for better sales in the next 2 weeks.
    ミュウ

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    Holy scheiße. Judas drops from #12 to #20 this week. Of course it will turn back around in the next two weeks, but I was hoping it would drop a little less! On the other hand, Born This Way drops just one position to #16. Oprah and the music video tomorrow, cross your fingers for better sales in the next 2 weeks.
    Then that Ellen performance did absolutely nothing. No, I think it might have actually made things worse. That's just ridiculous. I didn't expect it to rise very far, but I was hoping for some positive news at least. This is just too sad. I know that Britney hit a wall with Till The World Ends as well, but she recovered pretty quickly. I see Judas dropping even more next week, despite the music video and Oprah performance :[

It's probably my absolute refusal to ever admit Gaga is anything but a pop music goddess, but I think it will be a moderate hit. On next week's chart it might not rise, and it may even drop, but the week after, I believe it will definitely rise, because that chart covers the week starting this Monday, when the effects of Oprah and the music video will be more apparent. And if all else fails, American Idol (on the 19th I believe) is still there as a sort of last grasp for popularity.
    Of course, this is all talking sales, not radio airplay. Judas rose four positions on pop radio to #15 this week, so it seems promising that it will become a decent radio hit.
    If everything fails then at least it reached #10 and was her ninth straight top 10 hit.
    ミュウ

I'm worried people starting to get tired of Gaga, hopefully all the promo works!

I expect RITD to hit #1 ****! but E.T. is amazing anyway but damn! Katy needs to be dethroned.

That horrid song by Beyoncé is falling hard, deserved what an horrible choice for a comeback single. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Celebix View Post
    It's weird that we both take a shinning to BFB because a lot of fans do not favor it, but I think,its not only a fun song to listen to, but also a fun song to dance to
    Yeah, I never understood why so many people disliked it either. I mean, it's nothing ground-breaking but it's a good pop song that would be awesome to dance to in a club. What sold me on it was the "It's getting bigger, the bass is getting bigger" hook. I also LOVE the line when she says "Yo, take me out in the lights/I want to have me a good time/The bass is feeling nice".

'Femme Fatale' was already certified Platinum in the States even though it hasn't sold enough to be certified Gold [500,000 copies]? Oookey. But if the RIAA is going to do that they may want to officially certify 'Blackout' as Platinum too, what with it selling well over 990,000 copes to date. And I am SO THRILLED that "Till The World Ends" has peaked at #3! That song is AMAZING and deserves to be a Top 3 hit...it's much better than "Hold It Against Me". So I guess these remixes are working out nicely: Rihanna got her third consecutive #1 from 'Loud' and "Till The World Ends" gets a boost to the Top 3. Both much deserved, I think.

Speaking of RiRi, all her singles from 'Loud' have gone to #1 in the US and now her next single is "California King Bed"...how do I have a feeling that song is going to flop? I just think it's so mundane. A stronger single like "Cheers (Drink To That)" or "Man Down" would have been better. Adding Avril Lavigne as a guest vocal on "Cheers" would have also ensured it charting well...

UGH. Can everyone stop obsessing over "Judas"? People, this is Lady GaGa we're talking about; she's the biggest pop star in the world right now. Her singles don't need promotion and if they aren't charting well that means the fans/people of that area simply aren't responding well to the single. It's already a Top 10 hit in the US so at least GaGa didn't break her streak. Hopefully this gives GaGa a wake-up call that she can't just release anything anymore and it will instantly be popular. I'm not implying that "Judas" is a bad song...just saying.

I also don't understand all the hate for "E.T." Sure Kanye's version is horrible but I've loved "E.T." ever since first listening to her 'Teenage Dream' album when I bought it last August. I think I could also call it my favourite Katy Perry song ever thus far. Katy's singles always do well in the States [well, aside from "Thinking Of You" which was boring at best and had zero radio appeal] and I can definitely understand why "E.T." is raping the radio stations right now.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bambi. View Post

Yeah, I never understood why so many people disliked it either. I mean, it's nothing ground-breaking but it's a good pop song that would be awesome to dance to in a club. What sold me on it was the "It's getting bigger, the bass is getting bigger" hook. I also LOVE the line when she says "Yo, take me out in the lights/I want to have me a good time/The bass is feeling nice".

'Femme Fatale' was already certified Platinum in the States even though it hasn't sold enough to be certified Gold [500,000 copies]? Oookey. But if the RIAA is going to do that they may want to officially certify 'Blackout' as Platinum too, what with it selling well over 990,000 copes to date. And I am SO THRILLED that "Till The World Ends" has peaked at #3! That song is AMAZING and deserves to be a Top 3 hit...it's much better than "Hold It Against Me". So I guess these remixes are working out nicely: Rihanna got her third consecutive #1 from 'Loud' and "Till The World Ends" gets a boost to the Top 3. Both much deserved, I think.

Speaking of RiRi, all her singles from 'Loud' have gone to #1 in the US and now her next single is "California King Bed"...how do I have a feeling that song is going to flop? I just think it's so mundane. A stronger single like "Cheers (Drink To That)" or "Man Down" would have been better. Adding Avril Lavigne as a guest vocal on "Cheers" would have also ensured it charting well...

UGH. Can everyone stop obsessing over "Judas"? People, this is Lady GaGa we're talking about; she's the biggest pop star in the world right now. Her singles don't need promotion and if they aren't charting well that means the fans/people of that area simply aren't responding well to the single. It's already a Top 10 hit in the US so at least GaGa didn't break her streak. Hopefully this gives GaGa a wake-up call that she can't just release anything anymore and it will instantly be popular. I'm not implying that "Judas" is a bad song...just saying.

I also don't understand all the hate for "E.T." Sure Kanye's version is horrible but I've loved "E.T." ever since first listening to her 'Teenage Dream' album when I bought it last August. I think I could also call it my favourite Katy Perry song ever thus far. Katy's singles always do well in the States [well, aside from "Thinking Of You" which was boring at best and had zero radio appeal] and I can definitely understand why "E.T." is raping the radio stations right now.

I agree with the TTWE comment And you're right RIAA should def certify blackout! That album is her best and most underrated album! Even her own label underrates it XD

Rihanna's "Loud" album has really made me appreciate her a lot more I've always liked her music to some extent, but now I really like her "Loud" is a gem! And I completely agree! I think California King Bed doesn't keep up with the pace of the singles thus far! But I do like the song

I also agree with the Gaga comment. I don't know why she feels the need to continue to be so blasphemous. I feel like she's become very arrogant =\ I liked her better in her "The Fame" days. At least then she was some what relate able.

I actually LOATH the Kanye West version of E.T. The song is about being in love with someone from a different world and all Kanye raps about is himself T.T which, I guess, is to be expected. The E.T. original version is a gem though My favorite Katy song would probably have to be Teenage Dream. My favorite songs from her new album are TD, CG, Peacock, Pearl and ET
    Pokemonnnn <3

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/9rio03.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    Holy scheiße. Judas drops from #12 to #20 this week. Of course it will turn back around in the next two weeks, but I was hoping it would drop a little less!
    Well, to me I'm just glad it's still in the Top 20. As long as it's there, it will still be noticed, and like you said, it's going to go back up very soon.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Hmmm. The Video is supposed to come out tonight for Judas but someone already leaked it on Facebook. their spamming Lady Gaga's page with it. lol. Anywho, the video. It's pretty good. It's not a movie this time! Huzzah! That was my biggest fear. that she'd release ANOTHER 8+ minute movie for a music video. but it's only five minutes long. And it's colorful! Not all black and white. thank the lord for that too. I was getting tired of her using a ton of Grayscale.

Marry the Night

Just watched the music video. It's nice and is pretty visually appealing, but I found it kind of got repetitive after a while. The fact that the song randomly stopped for about 15 seconds at the 4 minute mark was creative, but a little awkward.

I also didn't like how they spent the first 35 seconds on a shot of some motorcyclists just driving down a road, but like Mythic Mist said, it's better than a giant movie about aliens.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Also, did anyone else hear Americano off of Born this way? She performed it in her Guadalajara Monster Ball Tour. Pretty decent song.

Marry the Night

Someone needs to stop leaking her stuff. Seriously. Judas probably would've been more successful had it been released as intended and not earlier because of the leak. Now the Judas video has leaked as well, and that just pisses me off. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm already sad that it isn't very long. I love her longer videos since they seem more "artsy". I'm glad that there's color now, however. I got tired of black and white stuff.

The 4th KIRA, the music video isn't on Youtube yet, it's only been posted as a Facebook video. A lot more people watch Youtube videos than Facebook videos on a fan page. I would have never known about the music video being leaked had it not been for Mythic Mist mentioning it in the thread. So I don't think the video will get less attention when it's officially released (unless of course, it gets leaked on Youtube as well)
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Hmmm. The Video is supposed to come out tonight for Judas but someone already leaked it on Facebook. their spamming Lady Gaga's page with it. lol. Anywho, the video. It's pretty good. It's not a movie this time! Huzzah! That was my biggest fear. that she'd release ANOTHER 8+ minute movie for a music video. but it's only five minutes long. And it's colorful! Not all black and white. thank the lord for that too. I was getting tired of her using a ton of Grayscale.
    It must not be a full version yet, because its supposed to be 7 minutes long.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    It must not be a full version yet, because its supposed to be 7 minutes long.
    Really? Wow. I actually like this short version. It makes enough sense without some long movie in the beginning. ¬_¬

Marry the Night

What are they going to put in those other 2 minutes? I really don't understand a movie at the beginning, considering the first 35 seconds of this shorter version is a quiet motorcycle shot. Maybe a longer closing scene? Because the short version just ended with a dead body.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Well, I couldn't wait any longer so I went ahead and saw the video. I actually liked it. It was short, but that made it better somehow. Lady Gaga looked relatively normal in this one, which is good because I got tired of seeing her covered in horns. I think she actually looked pretty in some of the scenes. I've always thought she was pretty, but not in the way most woman are. Lady Gaga looked very nice in this one. The whole video was relatively normal compared to others and I quite enjoyed that.

I'm waiting for it to air on E! to be honest. I dunno if I'll make it another four hours,but I'm willing to try. She's gonna be on Oprah performing the album version of Yoü and I.

I wonder if we'll be getting Yoü and I as a promo single soon...

twittertumblrlast.fm

Chris-kun, I'm just telling you it's not really worth the wait. It's a pretty cool music video, but not all that extravagant or eye-popping or anything like that.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

It's posted on VEVO now, I guess it is only 5:30.

I thought it was a FANTASTIC video. Like, I think it's my favorite one of hers. I love the concept, the imagery, I loved the outfits. I love that she looked like a human being again instead of that horned mess she's been looking like since February.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Page 13 of 334 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast