Page 4 of 334 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,889

    Default

    So Femme Fatale has leaked. Just the standard version though. Gotta say, I LOVE IT! She doesn't disappoint once again! Honestly, I love Hold It Against Me, but for me it's one of the album's weaker songs lol.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    There was some shake up this week in the Billboard Hot 100...




    1. Lady Gaga - "Born This Way" [ = /6 weeks / peak: 1 (6 weeks)]
    2. Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - "E.T." [ +1 / 6 weeks / peak: 2 ]
    3. Rihanna - "S&M" [ +1 / 10 weeks / peak: 3 ]
    4. Cee Lo Green - "F*ck You (Forget You)" [ -2 / 30 weeks / peak: 2 ]
    5. Black Eyed Peas - "Just Can't Get Enough" [ +17 / 5 weeks / peak: 5 ]
    6. Glee Cast - "Loser Like Me" [ DEBUT / 1 week / peak: 6 ]
    7. P!nk - "F*ckin' Perfect" [ -1 / 12 weeks / peak: 2 ]
    8. Chris Brown feat. Lil' Wayne & Busta Rhymes - "Look At Me Now" [ +4 / 7 weeks / peak: 8 ]
    9. Bruno Mars - "Grenade" [ -1 / 25 weeks / peak: 1 (4 weeks) ]
    10. Jeremih feat. 50 Cent - "Down On Me" [ +3 / 19 weeks / peak: 10 ]

    Notable falls:

    11. Ke$ha - "Blow"
    12. Enrique Iglesias/Ludacris - "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
    13. Jennifer Lopez/Pitbull - "On The Floor"
    23. Britney Spears - "Till The World Ends" O_o Britney better do some promo soon! ¬¬

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    There was some shake up this week in the Billboard Hot 100...


    1. Lady Gaga - "Born This Way" [ = /6 weeks / peak: 1 (6 weeks)]
    2. Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - "E.T." [ +1 / 6 weeks / peak: 2 ]
    3. Rihanna - "S&M" [ +1 / 10 weeks / peak: 3 ]
    4. Cee Lo Green - "F*ck You (Forget You)" [ -2 / 30 weeks / peak: 2 ]
    5. Black Eyed Peas - "Just Can't Get Enough" [ +17 / 5 weeks / peak: 5 ]
    6. Glee Cast - "Loser Like Me" [ DEBUT / 1 week / peak: 6 ]
    7. P!nk - "F*ckin' Perfect" [ -1 / 12 weeks / peak: 2 ]
    8. Chris Brown feat. Lil' Wayne & Busta Rhymes - "Look At Me Now" [ +4 / 7 weeks / peak: 8 ]
    9. Bruno Mars - "Grenade" [ -1 / 25 weeks / peak: 1 (4 weeks) ]
    10. Jeremih feat. 50 Cent - "Down On Me" [ +3 / 19 weeks / peak: 10 ]

    Notable falls:

    11. Ke$ha - "Blow"
    12. Enrique Iglesias/Ludacris - "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
    13. Jennifer Lopez/Pitbull - "On The Floor"
    23. Britney Spears - "Till The World Ends" O_o Britney better do some promo soon! ¬¬
    Wow, E.T. is just one spot away from number one. Honestly, I don't think that song is number one material. I love that song but it isn't anything special when you think about it. Ke$ha's Blow seems to have fallen off the top ten but that isn't very surprising. I'm really sad that Britney's Till The World Ends has taken such a dive. I noticed that Hold It Against Me took a dive too, but it wasn't this extreme.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Wow, E.T. is just one spot away from number one. Honestly, I don't think that song is number one material. I love that song but it isn't anything special when you think about it. Ke$ha's Blow seems to have fallen off the top ten but that isn't very surprising. I'm really sad that Britney's Till The World Ends has taken such a dive. I noticed that Hold It Against Me took a dive too, but it wasn't this extreme.
    Am i the only one that loves the remix? lol altough Kanye

    at least HIAM spent some weeks in the top 10 but damn! TTWE fell like a rock, she needs to appear more in public and do some performances. Femme Fatale debuts next week right?

    Do you like BEP's JCGE? I think it's great (I love Fergie's vocals) vid is cool too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTyD7rjBpw

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    at least HIAM spent some weeks in the top 10 but damn! TTWE fell like a rock, she needs to appear more in public and do some performances. Femme Fatale debuts next week right?

    Do you like BEP's JCGE? I think it's great (I love Fergie's vocals) vid is cool too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTyD7rjBpw
    Yeah, it's really sad that Till The World Ends fell like that. I liked it a lot more than I liked Hold It Against Me so it's a great shame to see it drop. I agree that Britney should perform some more. It would be great promotion for the single and the album. Although she's not the only pop artist who needs to promote their work some more.

    I like BEP's new single but I wouldn't call it their best. Nothing from their new album has captured my interest so far to be honest.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Am i the only one that loves the remix? lol altough Kanye

    at least HIAM spent some weeks in the top 10 but damn! TTWE fell like a rock, she needs to appear more in public and do some performances. Femme Fatale debuts next week right?

    Do you like BEP's JCGE? I think it's great (I love Fergie's vocals) vid is cool too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTyD7rjBpw
    I definitely JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH of that song!! The video is amazing! I just don't feel the will.i.am part so autotune..
    Is There Somebody Who Still Believes In Love? ♥

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,889

    Default

    Yeah I love that song. It's my favorite from their new album.

    Has anyone listened to Femme Fatale yet? I LOVE IT. Such a great album. I can't wait to go buy it. Still trying to decide whether I should get the Deluxe Version or the Premium Fan Edition.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Home. I have no life.
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Yeah I love that song. It's my favorite from their new album.

    Has anyone listened to Femme Fatale yet? I LOVE IT. Such a great album. I can't wait to go buy it. Still trying to decide whether I should get the Deluxe Version or the Premium Fan Edition.
    Femme Fatale was all right IMO. the only song that Stood out for me, as I had mentioned earlier, was Trouble For Me. Can't get enough of that song.

    Marry the Night

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,066

    Default

    I bought Femme Fatale this morning, listened to all the songs on the way home, and I really liked what I heard. I really enjoy the singles so far but to be completely honest, most of the songs on Femme Fatale sound like they could be hits, so that's a really good sign. I'm so glad that Britney released new material because I was dying to hear some new songs from her.
    Last edited by Lorde; 29th March 2011 at 6:44 PM.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Yeah I love that song. It's my favorite from their new album.

    Has anyone listened to Femme Fatale yet? I LOVE IT. Such a great album. I can't wait to go buy it. Still trying to decide whether I should get the Deluxe Version or the Premium Fan Edition.
    Hopefully JCGE hits #1 in the Billboard Hot 100.

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I bought Femme Fatale this morning, listened to all the songs on the way home, and I really liked what I heard. I really enjoy the singles so far but to be completely honest, most of the songs on Femme Fatale sound like they could be hits, so that's a really good sign. I'm so glad that Britney released new material because I was dying to hear some new songs from her.
    Britney's performance on Good Morning America was slammed by various blogs and newspapers. Idk what's happening with her but she's really not dancing anymore. Hopefully she starts to get back on her feet again, I want the 2004 Brit back. altho she has more priorities now. Anyway I hope she promotes more, I heard she's going on tour this year with Enrique Iglesias.

    I haven't bought Femme Fatale but I heard "I Wanna Go" and "Big Fat Bass" fire! :jamming:
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 30th March 2011 at 6:47 PM.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    so, Christina Perri time

    I loved Jar of Hearts, and I'm ecstatic to learn her debut album comes out on May 10th! The two singles from it on iTunes are fantastic, especially Arms <3

    twittertumblrlast.fm

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    so, Christina Perri time

    I loved Jar of Hearts, and I'm ecstatic to learn her debut album comes out on May 10th! The two singles from it on iTunes are fantastic, especially Arms <3
    I love it and it's amazing the longevity of that song, it's still selling and having good radio airplay. , hopefully Christina is not a 1-hit-wonder.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California (GMT -7)
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Katy perry E.T is my new favorite song! Still doesn't top can't be friends by trey songs (in my books) but I did draw a picture for the et song^_^
    Currently not breeding, On a small break



  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Britney's performance on Good Morning America was slammed by various blogs and newspapers. Idk what's happening with her but she's really not dancing anymore. Hopefully she starts to get back on her feet again, I want the 2004 Brit back. altho she has more priorities now. Anyway I hope she promotes more, I heard she's going on tour this year with Enrique Iglesias.
    It seems like everyone is waiting for the chance to criticize her. I didn't watch her performance on Good Morning America but I don't think it could've been as bad as they say. I mean, so what if she isn't dancing? Lots of artists don't dance. And I hope she does go on tour soon because I'd love to go see her perform.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
    Katy perry E.T is my new favorite song! Still doesn't top can't be friends by trey songs (in my books) but I did draw a picture for the et song^_^
    I think I liked that song a lot more when it wasn't so popular. Now everyone seems to like it and I just feel like it's average. The same thing happened when I liked Firework; it was great before it wasn't a single but then it just felt bland when it was a single.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    Perfectionist is out. Natalia Kills slays all. Amazing album <3

    twittertumblrlast.fm

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Yasss! Katy Perry hits #1 on the BB Hot 100




    1. Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - "E.T." [ +1 / 7 weeks / peak: 1 (1 week) ]
    2. Rihanna - "S&M" [ +1 / 11 weeks / peak: 2 ]
    3. Cee Lo Green - "F*ck You (Forget You)" [ +1 / 31 weeks / peak: 2 ]
    4. Lady Gaga - "Born This Way" [ -3 /7 weeks / peak: 1 (6 weeks) ]
    5. Black Eyed Peas - "Just Can't Get Enough" [ = / 6 weeks / peak: 5 ]
    6. Wiz Khalifa - "No Sleep" [ DEBUT / 1 week / peak: 6 ]
    7. Chris Brown feat. Lil' Wayne & Busta Rhymes - "Look At Me Now" [ +1 / 8 weeks / peak: 7 ]
    8. P!nk - "F*ckin' Perfect" [ -1 / 13 weeks / peak: 2 ]
    9. Jeremih feat. 50 Cent - "Down On Me" [ +1 / 19 weeks / peak: 9 ]
    10. Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull - "On The Floor" [ +3 / 5 weeks / peak: 5 ]

    HERE'S KATY NEW VID: Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - E.T.

    OMG Katy slayed me once again, amazing video cool special effects and visuals and Katy is hot as always!!

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    It seems like everyone is waiting for the chance to criticize her. I didn't watch her performance on Good Morning America but I don't think it could've been as bad as they say. I mean, so what if she isn't dancing? Lots of artists don't dance. And I hope she does go on tour soon because I'd love to go see her perform.
    People are too harsh. Her performances of Till The World Ends are just fine. Hold It Against Me needs work though.

    And she is going on tour this summer. I'm excited Britney will be here on July 6 and then Katy Perry on July 9

    I'm not surprised ET made it to number one, it's a great song, bit IO cant' stand the version with Kanye, he ruins it for me. The video was ok, kind of bizarre, but in a mostly good way.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  18. #93
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,066

    Default

    I don't know exactly how I feel about the E.T. video. I guess it's visually interesting but I would've liked to see some dancing and not just Katy twirling around in outer space for half of the video. The ending with her putting on those sunglasses was sort of ironic in a way, though. She came out and bashed other artists for using product placement in their videos yet she sort of did the same thing in this video at the end. Well, overall, it was an interesting music video. I'm wondering if she's planning on releasing a fifth single from Teenage Dream.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I don't know exactly how I feel about the E.T. video. I guess it's visually interesting but I would've liked to see some dancing and not just Katy twirling around in outer space for half of the video. The ending with her putting on those sunglasses was sort of ironic in a way, though. She came out and bashed other artists for using product placement in their videos yet she sort of did the same thing in this video at the end. Well, overall, it was an interesting music video. I'm wondering if she's planning on releasing a fifth single from Teenage Dream.
    No, she isn't E.T. was confirmed the last single.

    @The video, I was stunned. I wish they showed Katy in space during Kanye's part in the beginning because his part was very boring. Him just spinning in the spaceship. I think it was nice how she was an alien at the beginning. The transformation was very sloppy cut though. I could see the where it changed.

    Overall, the video is a 9.5/10.
    White Friend Code:
    1291 - 7521 - 4646


  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    I heard they're rereleasing Teenage Dream, so the next single will likely come from that.

    twittertumblrlast.fm

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    I heard they're rereleasing Teenage Dream, so the next single will likely come from that.
    Katy Perry already tied with Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson for the most #1 hits female artist from one album.

    I'll be shocked if Katy breaks the record!! altho I think she deserves it.

    I really LOVE E.T. now the vid is awesome in my opinion.

    When she transfromed from an alien to kinda human was great.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,889

    Default

    Lots of women breaking records lately. Katy, Gaga, and Britney have all achieved some kind of great achievement this year.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  23. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Didn't they say the re-release was coming out EARLY in 2011? It's already been 4 months.

    Re-release contains 'Dressin' Up' and 'Part of Me' Part of DU has leaked on Youtube, POM leaked in full. They leaked long time ago.
    White Friend Code:
    1291 - 7521 - 4646


  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,889

    Default

    Considering that she's going to be on tour for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if her record label changed their minds and released another single from Teenage Dream. I hope they do and release T.G.I.F. Love that song.

    Good news everyone, apparently the choreographer of Britney's upcoming tour is the same person who choreographed the Dream Within a Dream and Onyx Hotel tours! That's good news on the dancing part. Circus tour was fun, but the dancing wasn't always the best.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  25. #100
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,066

    Default

    Last Friday Night is a really catchy song so if she's going to release a fifth single from Teenage Dream, then Last Friday Night should be the one she releases. I don't think it's her best song but I bet it would still reach number one on the Billboard charts.

    Anyway, Lady Gaga will announce the release date for her next single tomorrow. She gave us a time frame for the release a while ago but it looks like we'll be getting an exact date tomorrow. I hope it's better than BTW.

Page 4 of 334 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •