Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

I didn't know that song was so popular O_O I am a very urm non sociable person when it comes to music, all my friends like other types of music, and i don't watch a lot of T.V. But the E.T song has been played over 100 times on my itunes O_ O *spaces out to it while drawing*

Let me say this, the music video to it actually kind of killed the song for me. it was so lame and boring. Not what I was expecting for such a great song.
    Currently not breeding, On a small break

Quote Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
    I didn't know that song was so popular O_O I am a very urm non sociable person when it comes to music, all my friends like other types of music, and i don't watch a lot of T.V. But the E.T song has been played over 100 times on my itunes O_ O *spaces out to it while drawing*

Let me say this, the music video to it actually kind of killed the song for me. it was so lame and boring. Not what I was expecting for such a great song.
    I think the scene when she floats in the space was cute (although 3 minutes was tew much haha)

Yasss! I can't wait for "Judas" I know this will smash hard!!

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I think the scene when she floats in the space was cute (although 3 minutes was tew much haha)

Lol yes it was cute and I loved her costumes but everytime I hear it I think of animal smex
    Currently not breeding, On a small break

I'm in love with Body Talk right now. Robyn sorta reminds me of Cyndi Lauper for some reason, it's great

twittertumblrlast.fm

I don't think it was "cute" per se, but it was definitely cool. She looked pretty when she wasn't twirling around in space.

The way things are going, I'm sure it'll dominate the charts. It doesn't even matter if the song is good or not - people will still buy it just because they like the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
    Lol yes it was cute and I loved her costumes but everytime I hear it I think of animal smex
    Animal what? *Watches video again* Oh gosh, I hadn't even noticed that lol. That's kind of odd. Katy really didn't hold back when it came to the symbolism in this video. Well, good for her.

Judas release date should be revealed at midnight tonight

edit:
    ...midnight PST... which means there's still three and a half hours to go :l...
    Last edited by Chris-kun; 6th April 2011 at 5:22 AM.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I watched Gagavision no. 41. Looks like Judas will be released on April 19th. WOW. A while ago she said that it would be released a few weeks before the album, but I didn't think it would be released in April. I'm so excited now! The choreography looks amazing and I hope the song is just as amazing. As for the rest of the video: it was pretty cool. I wanted something longer but what I got was ok. It's nice to see Gaga behind-the-scenes. She seems like a really nice person.

Oh! Gaga's doing Gaga- Vision again! I missed that. Geesh....I don't recall her doing one since at least The Fame Monster came out. Hopefully Judas is better than Born This Way.

So, Britney's TTWE video premiered today. I like it better than HIAM, it really reminds of a sequel to Slave. She looks hot. Also, Femme Fatale debuted at #1!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Wow, I hadn't even realized that Britney released the Till The World Ends music video. I watched it and I really liked it, maybe even more than I liked the Hold It Against Me music video. Her videos are always interesting to watch. I've also really enjoyed Femme Fatale so far. I thought that I'd get bored with it after a week, but I still listen to it regularly.

But anyway, Gagavision #42 is going to be posted on Tuesday. I don't expect much, but I hope that Gaga reveals the single cover for Judas.

Wow! This thread is dominated by Britney, Katy Perry and GaGa! :P
    In short:
    - Not so big on Britney now. TTWE and HIAM are just missing something for me. The only song I've liked from her in recent albums would be "If You Seek Amy," and that was out in 2009... :P
    - With Katy Perry, I have mixed feelings about her transition between her two albums. I was really into "Hot 'N' Cold," and "I Kissed A Girl," but with her new songs such as, "California Gurls," and "Teenage Dream," I haven't been much of a fan... :/ I do like "Firework," though. Can't make my mind up on "E.T." :P
    - Now for GaGa. When I first heard, "Born This Way," I was appalled. It wasn't as catchy as "Bad Romance," or "Poker Face." It did, however, grow on me. Not her best yet though. I have higher hopes for "Juads."
    Okay, how about Nicole Scherzinger? I know her album, "Killer Love," hasn't been released in the U.S, but her first first two singles from hit have been hits in the U.K, with "Poison," charting at No.3 and "Don't Hold Your Breath," going to No.1.
    Also, anybody like Diana Vickers? Ellie Goulding?

Well they are the big three in Pop right now. BTW people....Britney and Rihanna are teaming up for a remix of S&M! That's going to sound hot. Rumor has it it will be released these week. Hopefully not, I'd like it not to get slammed by Gaga again. Also, Judas better be good because Born This Way is still no that great to me.

Funny, I wasn't a big fan of Katy until she released the Teenage Dream album. That album made me love her.

I didn't even know Nicole had released new music, then again her album doesn't even have a US release yet so that's why. Are her solo songs any good? Are they similar to the Pussycat Dolls? (Which BTW I'm still sad they all split).

Also, has anyone heard anything new on Girls Aloud?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I'm surprised Rihanna hasn't been mentioned a bit more in this thread as she seems to quite big herself right now with her own singles and collaborations filling up most of the charts... Love S&M btw.
    I've got my fingers crossed for Judas. If it's not sounding like an instant hit, I could see myself getting less and less interested in GaGa's music. I had to listen to BTW for a week or two to finally get it to "click," with me.

Nicole Scherzinger's solo singles and album are different compared with what she did with The Pussycat Dolls. Here's three of her songs. (First two are her singles wihch were released in the UK - third song is so far just an album track)
    Nicole Scherzinger - Poison
    Nicole Scherzinger - Don't Hold Your Breath
    Nicole Scherzinger - Killer Love

I like Nicole solo now. She's really just grown on me since she was judging on The X Factor last year. She'll probably be releasing her album in the US if she's either a judge or host on US X Factor.

I can't see Girls Aloud getting back together any time soon. I think they may get recording new songs once they're all ready. E.g. When Nicola and Sarah release their solo albums.

A remix of S&M? But why now? I think Rihanna should've released a remix a long time ago around the time that the original version was released. I don't see how a remix of the song could be beneficial to her now, but whatever. Anything with Britney on it will sound great. And I'm actually waiting to hear news of Rihanna's next single. To be honest, there aren't many songs from Loud that I like so I have no idea what song she'd pick as the album's next single. I guess I'll be surprised, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    A remix of S&M? But why now? I think Rihanna should've released a remix a long time ago around the time that the original version was released. I don't see how a remix of the song could be beneficial to her now, but whatever. Anything with Britney on it will sound great. And I'm actually waiting to hear news of Rihanna's next single. To be honest, there aren't many songs from Loud that I like so I have no idea what song she'd pick as the album's next single. I guess I'll be surprised, either way.
    I've got a feeling that the next single off Loud will be California King Bed or Man Down. Simply because they're the two most popular songs, it seems, that haven't been singles yet. Hope it's California King Bed, I love that song <3
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    I've got a feeling that the next single off Loud will be California King Bed or Man Down. Simply because they're the two most popular songs, it seems, that haven't been singles yet. Hope it's California King Bed, I love that song <3
    I read that CKB was the next single and it'd be a nice change of a pace for her, a ballad since Russian Roulette. She performed it @ the country music awards!!

The S&M remix with Britney is hot!!!! I hope this helps S&M to reach #1! my favorite single from LOUD.

I love the S&M remix, sounds a bit unfinished though. I'm dissapointed she still hasn't collabed with Gaga yet though. I mean KE$HA? RIHANNA? I mean come on. Katy Perry at least, you can collab with better singers gurl. Not hating on K$ and Rihanna though. Just sayeen.
    White Friend Code:
    1291 - 7521 - 4646

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Scooping up as many sales as possible before Judas dominates next week. That's basically why I think it happened.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Scooping up as many sales as possible before Judas dominates next week. That's basically why I think it happened.
    Does Rihanna/Britney have a chance to block Gaga? =P

haha "Judas" will have a whole week to sell, BTW only had three days and sold almost 500k in the US and 1 million WW. But it's the 2nd single so who knows!

Beyoncé's first single for her much anticipated comeback is titled "GIRL" These weeks are going to be intese, so much competition!!

Beyoncé's first single for her much anticipated comeback is titled "GIRL" These weeks are going to be intese, so much competition!!
    Beyonce is finally releasing a new single, eh? I guess that's cool. I don't think I'll be too interested, but Beyonce has surprised me before, so who knows. I'm looking forward to all the new singles that will be released this month, although I'm most excited about Judas since it was produced by RedOne and he's amazing. Speaking of Judas: There wasn't anything interesting on Gagavision #42. There were some funny moments but there wasn't much concerning Judas.

^That image at the end was the single cover.

twittertumblrlast.fm

What, seriously? That's the single cover for Judas? But it's so bland. We got an amazing cover for Born This Way but we get something like that for Judas, which has more potential than the former song? Wow. I really wish Gaga had designed something a bit more...exciting. I hope the other single covers are better than this one. The album cover better be cool, too, and colorful. I'm tired of black and white covers.

I'm sure Judas will soar to number one....unless she hits the second single slump.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I'm almost positive Judas wont be as successful as Born This Way, mainly due to the fact that I feel like there was way more hype for Born This Way, but A lot less for Judas. Just IMO of course

Also, I really like RuPaul's pop songs. Especially Main Event. It's not so Poppy, but still, it's a good song.

Marry the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    I'm almost positive Judas wont be as successful as Born This Way, mainly due to the fact that I feel like there was way more hype for Born This Way, but A lot less for Judas. Just IMO of course
    There's already a huge amount of hype for Judas, along with the potential for a LOT of controversy, which will put it into the news.

twittertumblrlast.fm

http://perezhilton.com/2011-04-15-la...but-early-leak

I AM SLAIN. SLAIN.
    GAGA IS BACK *****ES.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast