Page 12 of 334 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

I heard a rumor on a music board a couple months ago that after "Blow" peaked, she'd be done with the EP. It's for the best, the whole Cannibal EP wasn't promoted very well. It wasn't necessary either, not with "Hungover" and "Animal" still on ready for release.

I don't care for Kesha's work, overall. The Dr. Luke production and her voice don't do much of anything for me.

:sigh: I'm ready for male pop stars to be more relevant again. It's been Diva Overload since Gaga, Katy, Kesha, and Rihanna all released projects at the same time. Usher's holding things down well, as is Bruno Mars, but it's definitely very female dominated right now.

Well, Judas went from #6 to #20 in the ARIA Charts this week. It's not looking good for Gaga. (In fact, Born This Way is sitting at #19 this week. It's going to be tough for Judas to climb back up, music video or no music video.)

my fav of the season is looking to be a less popular act, the dears made more of a popy stylization of music, while a few other bands like cold cave and there new release of villains of the moon.

If gaga wants to keep on wasting everyone's time, thats fine, but until she makes a pure synth-pop cd and finds the fine layer between electronica and pop she's not going to be as big as she could become, 1# in the world, not the Americans standard of the world. What do you think Madonna did to become as big as she did, she did a bunch of weird tracks and a bunch of hits just like gaga, did a synth-pop cd and back international over night. No not all musicians take the same path but when you have a very similar style of performance and music what is the expansion of one band seem's to be the same break through they all make at different time's.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I don't think that the American Idol performance will change much. I think Gaga's best bet right now is the music video.
    It changed a lot for the Black Eyed Peas. "Just Can't Get Enough" was charting, but nothing great until their performance on Idol. After that it shot straight to the iTunes Top 10 and has remained there since, not to mention peaking and consistently staying at #3 on the Hot 100.

And for a slight change of topic: Does anyone know what the third single from Cannibal will be?
    No word yet, if any, on a third single from 'Cannibal'. But if there is one I hope it's either "Sleazy" or "Cannibal".

Quote Originally Posted by Celebix View Post
    I personally am enjoying me some Britney this year Her new album Femme Fatale is amazing! And I already have tickets to see her show
    I KNOW! 'Femme Fatale' is such a solid pop album and is surely Britney's best and most consistent album to date. It's a shame that it's not doing so well on the charts...even 'Blackout' had better opening week sales! I have 10 of the 12 songs on my iPod [11 if you count the bonus track "Up n' Down"] with my favourite track being "Inside Out". Though I also really love "Trip To Your Heart", "Till The World Ends" and "Big Fat Bass". It's funny because "Hold It Against Me" is probably one of the weakest songs on the album and yet it was chosen as the first single. Tickets for her tour don't go on sale until Friday in my area, but I hope I get some! Once Nicki Minaj was confirmed to be joining the tour I was stoked! And the tour date for my area is exactly one week after I'm going to see Rihanna in concert; that would be an AMAZING week!

Anyone take a listen to J. Lo's new album 'Love?' I've never properly listened to a Jennifer Lopez album, though according to critics she's never had a stellar one but she has had some great and classic singles. 'Love?' is actually pretty good, though! My favourite tracks are "Charge Me Up", "Hypnotico", "Papi", and "(What Is) Love?" with my favourite probably being the title track. I wasn't too sure about her new single "I'm Into You" but I actually quite like it now...definitely a grower.

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    Well, Judas went from #6 to #20 in the ARIA Charts this week. It's not looking good for Gaga. (In fact, Born This Way is sitting at #19 this week. It's going to be tough for Judas to climb back up, music video or no music video.)
    Well apparently Belgium is the only country where Judas is climbing really fast on the charts :s
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Quote Originally Posted by 705030 View Post
    Well apparently Belgium is the only country where Judas is climbing really fast on the charts :s
    That's to be expected, since Judas is another Euro-inspired track. I'm sure it'll do well in some of the smaller European countries. The same thing happened with Alejandro last year. It's the bigger countries that she has to worry about. She's actually working hard on promoting the single, so it should pay off eventually. I'd hate to see Judas flop, especially considering the competition.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by .Bambi. View Post

I KNOW! 'Femme Fatale' is such a solid pop album and is surely Britney's best and most consistent album to date. It's a shame that it's not doing so well on the charts...even 'Blackout' had better opening week sales! I have 10 of the 12 songs on my iPod [11 if you count the bonus track "Up n' Down"] with my favourite track being "Inside Out". Though I also really love "Trip To Your Heart", "Till The World Ends" and "Big Fat Bass". It's funny because "Hold It Against Me" is probably one of the weakest songs on the album and yet it was chosen as the first single. Tickets for her tour don't go on sale until Friday in my area, but I hope I get some! Once Nicki Minaj was confirmed to be joining the tour I was stoked! And the tour date for my area is exactly one week after I'm going to see Rihanna in concert; that would be an AMAZING week!

Yea it is a shame that it had a poor opening week, but it's been going up and down the top 5 since it release which is surprisingly good because her albums usually drop out of the top ten after the first week. So, I guess instead of piling the huge number the first week it is being stretched out throughout the weeks I loveeeee Femme Fatale (though I do enjoy Blackout a tad more). My favorite tracks would have to be "How I Roll" , "Criminal", "TTWE" and "BFB". It's weird that we both take a shinning to BFB because a lot of fans do not favor it, but I think,its not only a fun song to listen to, but also a fun song to dance to I really wanted to see Rihanna in concert too! But sadly I only have enough money for Britney Maybe next time Ri Ri comes in town I can get tickets That sure does seem like a exciting week for you
    Pokemonnnn <3

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/9rio03.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    That's to be expected, since Judas is another Euro-inspired track. I'm sure it'll do well in some of the smaller European countries. The same thing happened with Alejandro last year. It's the bigger countries that she has to worry about. She's actually working hard on promoting the single, so it should pay off eventually. I'd hate to see Judas flop, especially considering the competition.
    Well, Alejandro indeed was very popular here. Judas isn't that popular here yet, but it debuted at 35 on the radio charts top 40 and jumped to 14 the next week. And even though it doesn't have a video yet, it does even better on tv.

I hope it gets better in the usa when the video is released tomorrow, cause I really like that song.
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Ha. Judas won't flop - not even possible. Because it's such a high profile song from a high profile artist, as well as being a very good song, radio will absolutely LOVE it. It's likely to reach the upper limits of radio charts, which should begin to reverse it's MASSIVE sales declines. The music video, Oprah appearance, and American Idol performance later this month will bring the song back into the top 10 in the US ad possibly even the top 5.

Do NOT underestimate the power of American Idol, it's propelled several horrors to the upper reaches of the Hot 100, so of course Judas will benefit from it.
    ミュウ

American Idol does have a huge influence. Its watched by a TON of people, especially the results episodes which is when the professionals perform their newest songs. So Lady Gaga going on there will definitely give Judas some attention.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I'll try and stay positive, but it's getting harder and harder to believe that Judas is a smash hit. I love the song and I know a lot of people that love it too, so I don't understand why it's starting to fall on all the major charts. It isn't Lady Gaga's best song, but it's still really good and I would think that the beat alone would appeal to people. The lyrics are a little weird, but that's to be expected from Lady Gaga.

AI is absolutely nuts. Because of that show, E.T. became an even huger hit and hit #1. Rolling in the Deep is is likely #2 this week again (to be determined later tonight), thanks in no small part to Haley Reinhart performing it a few weeks ago. But E.T, had slightly higher sales this week, which means it's probably going to spend a fifth week at #1.

While Gaga is still more powerful internationally thanks to the massive success of Born This Way, Katy Perry is unstoppable in the US. Last Friday Night is far better, IMO, than her previous two singles, but she's got a sort of hidden advantage: Teenage Dream sold just over 1.3 million copies, so that means there's still a massive market of people who haven't heard Last Friday Night. Because it's so radio-friendly and a great song in general, it's in the perfect position to tie MJ's record of five #1 hits from a single album.
    ミュウ

Well, firstly, Judas didn't get as much hype as a song like Born This Way or Bad Romance. Also, while most of Lady Gaga's songs have a few haters, Judas has a lot more because of the whole "Devil worshipper thing". Also, it just simply hasn't gotten enough attention. Maybe when the music video comes out it will shoot up, because then the music video will start getting millions and millions of views on Youtube, so people will start downloading the song and listening to it more.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

To be honest, Judas's chart farings, while grim, don't really matter. She's already the only female in history to have her first nine singles reach the top ten. It dropped from 6 to 19 on Digital Songs, but I expect it posted significant gains on radio. It will likely be in the top 20 this week, and either next week or the week after should start gaining again.
    ミュウ

And besides, it's not like the fans that go and download every single one of her songs are going to leave her because of them is a bit lower on the charts than her other ones.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

True. Have a look at this info: Adele's 21 hits #1 again this week, and Rolling In The Deep sold 300,000 copies this week, and only about 500 copies less than E.T. It looks like Adele may take home the prize for top artist of the year. Again, though, E.T. selling more means it's at #1 for a fifth week. One more week and it would tie Born This Way and California Gurls. However, it's looks like Adele's on her way to her first #1. It amazes me that E.T. can hold out for so long while Judas free-falls, though it will probably be back in the top 10 soon enough.
    ミュウ

I recall Britney's Till The World Ends falling quite a bit when it was first released. I didn't think that it would recover, but it has, even without the remix. I hope that the same goes for Gaga's Judas, although things look grim. You'd think that her fans would purchase the single repeatedly just so that it reaches number one, but they aren't from the look of things. I'd buy several copies myself, but I'm kind of in a bind at the moment :x

Wait, some fans actually buy the same song over and over again just to make it higher up on charts? I'm sorry, but that seems so irrational to me.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Wait, some fans actually buy the same song over and over again just to make it higher up on charts? I'm sorry, but that seems so irrational to me.
    Me and my friend baught Born This Way 9 times... apparently this strategy works if lots of people do it, the song's success was compared to Candle In The Wind 1997 and One Sweet Day.
    ミュウ

Yeah, if a lot of people do it, then it makes a big difference. I would think that people gather on forums to do this. They'd need to be really organized, though, otherwise it wouldn't work very well. I personally wouldn't mind buying 10 copies of Judas if it meant that I helped the song reach number one. But like I said, that will have to wait until next week at the earliest since I just spent my last 20 bucks on something else.

I understand the outcome of doing it, as more purchases = more popular. Honestly, though, I just don't understand why somebody would spend $10+ just on making their favourite song #1 on a chart that doesn't really make all that much of a difference, especially in Lady Gaga's case.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I guess that some fans will do anything to give their favorite singer more number one hits.

Anyway, I do hope that Adele's Rolling In The Deep reaches the summit of the Billboard Hot 100 chart this week. Rolling In The Deep is such a good song and I get chills everytime I listen to it. I can't believe I hadn't heard this song before. It's just too good to miss.

E.T. confirmed to hold on to #1 yet again. RITD holds at #2 and the TTWE Remix moves up to #3.

No word yet on Judas' chart farings. Hopefully still in top 20, though as I said it will likely jump up again in the next couple of weeks.
    ミュウ

Well, I guess Rolling in the Deep is just going to become that really good song that for some reason never makes it to #1... if Adele were nearly as well known as Katy Perry, she would have that top spot in an instant.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Rolling In The Deep is a far better song, but it's commercial appeal is unfortunately lower. It's doing well on radio though - It jumps 12 to 7 on tomorrow's radio chart.

It's sort of pissing me off that E.T. is becoming the biggest hit of the year in the US. It has the second-most weeks at number one, behind Born This Way, but it's the leading song for the year as far as sales go. Born This Way, on the other hand, is the third best seller of the year. It's decent but it doesn't deserve to be the #1 hit of the year; if anything, Born This Way should be (out of songs that have already been released). Thankfully, Born This Way is a FAR bigger hit worldwide.
    ミュウ

Page 12 of 334 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast