Page 14 of 334 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

I absolutely love the Judas video. I say it's her 3rd best video so far, after Telephone and obviously Bad Romance. I'd say it's a good thing it has color and it's short, unlike her past 3 videos. Judas rose a slim four positions on iTunes so far, but I expect it to rise higher later in the day. Maybe it'll be in the iTunes top 10 soon.

In response to a few others heree, she is not being blasphemous at all. Do you really think she's in love with a made-up character who supposedly betrayed a man who claimed to be the son of God? And furthermore, if this IS true that Judas betrayed Jesus and Jesus WAS the son of God, then how is Judas not actually good, for the fact that none of God's plan would have been carried through with were Jesus not to be betrayed and killed?

In yet another response, we have a right to be "obsessing" over Judas. This is the pop music thread and Gaga is by far the most popular pop musician worldwide at this time.

And getting back to E.T., yeah Kanye's version sucked. I LOVE the album versions, I just didn't like Kanye on that song.

As for Britney, I think it's bull how the albums sold less than 490K and was certified platinum. Sure it's a great album, especially by her work's standards, but certification won't change what it's sold and it does not deserve that certification yet.
    Last edited by Retro Mew; 5th May 2011 at 11:10 PM.
    ミュウ

Plus, the song addresses how much she SHOULDN'T be in love with Judas, but is anyway.

Video's flawless. Apparently we still are getting a longer version when it airs on E! though

twittertumblrlast.fm

Yeah, I watched it again on her VEVO account, and it looked even better than the first time I saw it. I wish she'd do more videos like this one. She still wore weird outfits, but she looked human again, which was great. I also loved the imagery, especially during the quite scenes. I also loved who she fell/died at the end of the video. It just felt really powerful. Overall, I'm putting this video between the Bad Romance and Telephone videos, which means it's pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Yeah, I watched it again on her VEVO account, and it looked even better than the first time I saw it. I wish she'd do more videos like this one. She still wore weird outfits, but she looked human again, which was great. I also loved the imagery, especially during the quite scenes. I also loved who she fell/died at the end of the video. It just felt really powerful. Overall, I'm putting this video between the Bad Romance and Telephone videos, which means it's pretty good.
    She was stoned, actually

twittertumblrlast.fm

Judas just jumped 3 more spots on iTunes. Perhaps we're going to see a decent reaction to this video!

OH and she looked like Paparazzi Gaga at the end! I kind of liked that.
    ミュウ

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    She was stoned, actually
    I'm sure she had to be for the majority of the composure of her Album!

Ha, anyway, I love how all the apostles were bikers. And the gun that had lipstick. Epic.

Marry the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Quoted for truth.

I can't wait for the VMA's this year. Anyone think Gaga's a contender for another Video of the Year award?
    ミュウ

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    I can't wait for the VMA's this year. Anyone think Gaga's a contender for another Video of the Year award?
    I don't think so. I love the Judas video, but I don't think it's going to win that specific award. I'm sure it'll win some other awards, though. I just have this feeling that the music video for E.T. is going to win Video of the Year. I didn't think it was that great, but it's still visually interesting and that counts for quite a bit in the long run.

she already says she writes her music while smoking pot

I seriously do love the concept of the biker gang gospel thing. I love seeing stuff reinterpreted in modern settings <3

twittertumblrlast.fm

Forever loving the Judas video <3 It's my new favorite video of Gaga's, beating out Telephone. It was just really nice and Gaga looked amazing.

And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

There is one thing about the video I haven't warmed up to.

In all her other videos, the character Gaga portrayed was in control, very knowing and seemingly powerful. She was able to escape police, kill two boyfriends, burn a Russian procurer, etc. And this video shows her as giving in to Jesus, seemingly asking for forgiveness. That's just a little unusual for her.

Also it took me a while to realize the seemingly-Hispanic dude with the crown of thorns was Jesus. :P
    ミュウ

There is one thing about the video I haven't warmed up to.

In all her other videos, the character Gaga portrayed was in control, very knowing and seemingly powerful. She was able to escape police, kill two boyfriends, burn a Russian procurer, etc. And this video shows her as giving in to Jesus, seemingly asking for forgiveness. That's just a little unusual for her.

Also it took me a while to realize the seemingly-Hispanic dude with the crown of thorns was Jesus. :P
    Remember Gaga was Mary Magdalene, not Lady Gaga

twittertumblrlast.fm

I thought he was Judas...

Darn. Failed at comprehending a GaGa video again.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxWithinAParadox View Post

The guy with "JUDAS" on the back of his jacket was "JUDAS" I thought that was obvious.

according to Gaga, the "uncut" version is airing on E! still.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Yeah same here, but after remembering the Bible stuff I once knew, I realized Judas is the dude she lipstickified with her gun.

And now Jesus seems a lot cooler. Y'know, as a Mexican biker. My best friend (he's a very proud Mexican) will surely get a kick out of this.
    ミュウ

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    The guy with "JUDAS" on the back of his jacket was "JUDAS" I thought that was obvious.

according to Gaga, the "uncut" version is airing on E! still.
    I don't have a lage attention span. Deal.

And wasn't Jesus an Arab Jew? She doesn't like to be very accurate, I guess.

And wasn't Jesus an Arab Jew? She doesn't like to be very accurate, I guess.
    Yes. Yes he was.
    No. No she doesn't.
    ミュウ

She doesn't have to be, it was a modern reinterpretation...

I knew she was lying when she's like "WATCH MY UNCUT VIDEO ON E!" it totally was the exact same thing XD

twittertumblrlast.fm

Yeah same here, but after remembering the Bible stuff I once knew, I realized Judas is the dude she lipstickified with her gun.

And now Jesus seems a lot cooler. Y'know, as a Mexican biker. My best friend (he's a very proud Mexican) will surely get a kick out of this.
    I think Jesus was a light skinned black man. He had dreads! And it would go along with her song off of Born This Way "Black Jesus Amen Fashion." "Electric Chapel" was even referenced in the video. If you notice the bar place she's at is called the "Electric Chapel." I wonder if there are other Born This Way references in there.

Marry the Night

I think Jesus was a light skinned black man. He had dreads! And it would go along with her song off of Born This Way "Black Jesus Amen Fashion." "Electric Chapel" was even referenced in the video. If you notice the bar place she's at is called the "Electric Chapel." I wonder if there are other Born This Way references in there.
    No, the facial features seemed quite hispanic to me. And trust me, lots of hispanic men have dreads these days.
    AND YEAH I want to search the video for Born This Way references now.
    ミュウ

People are already complaining that the video is too "mediocre". I disagree. I mean, it certainly wasn't the most intense video she's ever made, but it's still full of awesome imagery and the dancing was pretty good. The video was also shorter than most of Gaga's other videos, so I thought that made things flow smoother. I just don't get what people want these days. They say Gaga does too much, and then they complain again if she does too little. It's crazy.

The Edge of Glory is being released on monday/tuesday. It'll be the first iTunes Countdown Promo Single, there will be another one the following Tuesday.

SO EXCITED

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I just don't get what people want these days. They say Gaga does too much, and then they complain again if she does too little. It's crazy.
    I hope think that's a case of "two different groups of people want opposite things to happen, and on the internet it looks like both groups are just speaking for everyone" syndrome.

So the Judas video was cool. I'm sure there's a lot of details I missed the first time around, but it seemed pretty solid from what I saw. I kind of appreciate that it's not a marathon-length video for a change; it felt like the video had more focus because of it. My only complaint is that I didn't really get the "Gaga standing in front of waves/does other watery stuff" scene. It came out of nowhere, lasted for longer than it should have, and kind of killed the mood for me. Then again, maybe I'm just missing the ~symbolism~ of it all.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

What I don't get is how she fitted "wear ear condom next time" into her song. That was my LOLWUT moment.

Also, did anyone else hear Americano off of Born this way? She performed it in her Guadalajara Monster Ball Tour. Pretty decent song.
    I saw half of the performance. I thought the song sounded fine, but I think the final version will sound far better. And it looks like she only performed Born This Way and You and I on Oprah yesterday. I thought she'd promote Judas more, but she didn't. Well, I still enjoyed You and I. It's an amazing song and I'm buy the whole album just for that song. Seriously.

Page 14 of 334 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast