Page 15 of 334 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Lady GaGa is good, but I resent this notion that she's the all time replacement to Madonna.

:/

Admittedly, the Judas video isn't my favourite, but I'm sure I'll grow to it. It's probably those looks that she does, the close ups into the camera that, to me, makes it a bit cheesy. However I can definitely see a new theme this time, a new Gaga. This new Gaga that is, yes, a little stripped back, because she was 'Born That Way', I suppose. But to be honest, I'm hoping a bit better for her next video.
    Running for the thrill of it

Well, whoever said that the leaked Judas video yesterday wasn't the full one was clearly wrong - the video on LadyGagaVEVO (which is obviously official) is the exact same length.

Unless Lady Gaga plans to release a longer one later on, which just doesn't make sense.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Well, whoever said that the leaked Judas video yesterday wasn't the full one was clearly wrong - the video on LadyGagaVEVO (which is obviously official) is the exact same length.

Unless Lady Gaga plans to release a longer one later on, which just doesn't make sense.
    She kept saying the "uncut version" would be on E!, but it turned out to be the same version.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    She kept saying the "uncut version" would be on E!, but it turned out to be the same version.
    Maybe she was just trying to get people to still watch the official release on E! because she knew that people would immediately go after a leaked version.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Maybe she was just trying to get people to still watch the official release on E! because she knew that people would immediately go after a leaked version.
    Or maybe she was just trolling lol. I don't mind. I like the Judas video the way it is and I don't think an extra two minutes of footage would've changed my opinion of it. I'm actually waiting for people to spoof the Judas music video to be honest. I can't wait to see what people will do with that.

Oh God. Adele's Rolling In The Deep is still at number two on the Billboard Hot 100.
    Last edited by Lorde; 7th May 2011 at 12:43 AM.

Honestly, I just don't know what would be in those extra two minutes. They already spent 35 seconds on a motorcycle shot, and another 20 seconds on this random water scene right in the middle of the song. Putting in 2 more minutes on top of that would have just made the video annoying.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Lady GaGa is good, but I resent this notion that she's the all time replacement to Madonna.

:/
    Well she isn't yet nearly as successful or legendary. I love Madonna, she's my #2 favorite star after Gaga herself.
    I think the comparisons arise from the fact that Madonna occupied a unique niche in popular music from her 1982 debut until about 1992 when she started going all sex and Erotica and stuff, as she moved into a different niche of the icon that's started to fail commercially (though by 1998 she was back on top again).
    That niche was never really completely occupied until Gaga came along. Sure you had Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera and Gwen Stefani who all were influenced by Madonna, but none of them were really in the Queen of Pop's vein. Gaga comes along in 2008 with great dance music, shocking the world and winning VMA's and basically dominating pop music. Even Katy Perry, with four consecutive #1 hits, has been outmatched by Gaga in the overall sense. Therefore Gaga is essentially the replacement for Madonna's 80s side, while Madonna herself has continued to evolve and put out her best album since True Blue as Confessions on a Dance Floor.
    In my opinion, Madonna is the more talented businesswoman and the better trend-spotter/setter. Gaga is more talented vocally and sets her own trends, but not on a Madonna scale.
    ミュウ

I think some of lady gaga's stuff is okay, but i don't really like computerixed music or stuff that has way too much autotune. I personally like Jason Mraz or Bruno Mars more than gaga.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Speaking of Bruno Mars, I'm like sick of him. Sure he's really good, but way overplayed songs get annoying sometimes, you know? Grenade was played so much I ended up hating it for a while.
    ミュウ

i hate grenade! :O it's his worst song. i liked the lazy song that he made until that woman said something in the song that sounded really stupid. but my favorite gaga song is bad romance.

Credit to iPokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    Speaking of Bruno Mars, I'm like sick of him. Sure he's really good, but way overplayed songs get annoying sometimes, you know? Grenade was played so much I ended up hating it for a while.
    Same here. I like his voice, but I've heard Grenade on the radio about 10 times today, and I'm sick of it. It's a decent song I suppose, but overplayed songs start to get on my nerves after a while. I don't much like The Lazy Song either, but they don't play it as often here, so I'm good. They keep playing Nicki Minaj's songs here as well, like, all the time. I like her a bit too, but I've heard Moment 4 Life way too many times now.

My verdict is that pop music sucked this year.
    Current team

GILLIG - 2451 1382 0466 (Please PM/comment me so I can add you back!) My goal is to fill my pal pad!

Well, I like some of the new pop, but really my favorites are in the older popular songs that everyone still loves today. Like the beatles. I'm actually learning hey soul sister on my ukulele, but train is a horrible singer without autotune.

Credit to iPokemon

Quote Originally Posted by GilligBoi View Post
    My verdict is that pop music sucked this year.
    Well the year isn't even half over... but you're still probably right
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Yeah pop is going downhill. By that I mean IT'S FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY D:

Credit to iPokemon

I love how people think that Friday represents all Pop music. But I do agree about this being a slow year for Pop. I'm in love with a couple of Pop songs, but everything else just seems really bland at the moment. There's nothing that I'm looking forward to after Born This Way to be honest. All of the top Pop artists have released albums recently, and I don't think that there's anything being released during the second half of the year that I'd be interested in.

Honestly, the only pop artist that I actually look forward to listening a new song of theirs is Lady Gaga. Every other pop artist who's making songs this year is of no importance to me.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Back to Bruno Mars for a sec: He sucks. That's all.

Back to the show: Pop is going slow this year. What with all this "Fat Usher" and "My Jeans" going around. I don't know why, but I seem to like "E.T." (Katy Perry, which I'm sure most of you know). I like the song, but she sucked when she sang it on Idol.

I don't really like rap and that's one of the genres that's popular right now. I just don't get how it's popular. It doesn't even sound that good. Of course, if I found a good rap song maybe I'd like the genre more. So I guess that's my least fav genre of what's popular now.

Credit to iPokemon

I've always hated rap. Always have, still do, always will. That is something nobody can ever convince me otherwise. It's writing music without half the work - an actual tune you can listen to and mimic. I know people say rap is really creative, but I just find it lazy.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxWithinAParadox View Post
    Back to the show: Pop is going slow this year. What with all this "Fat Usher" and "My Jeans" going around. I don't know why, but I seem to like "E.T." (Katy Perry, which I'm sure most of you know). I like the song, but she sucked when she sang it on Idol.
    E.T. is a good song, but I hate how it's been overplayed lately. I did notice that one of the stations here only plays the album version. They also only play an edited version of California Gurls that has all of Snoop Dogg's lines cut out. They're weird like that. Anyway, I'm not surprised that Katy sounded bad on Idol. I still like her, but she sounds terrible live. I might get stoned for this, but I've heard better live performances from Ke$ha :/

I've never really liked rap, but I like Nicki Minaj. She has some good songs. Eminem's not horrible either. But I still don't like rap. O-O

I used to be really indifferent to Nicki Minaj but after hearing her chicken imitation rap in the Till the World Ends Remix, I refuse to listen to her ever again.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

She was talking about Lil' Kim there. Y'know, "I aint talkin poultry when I say this chicken's FRIIIIIIEEEEEEED". That's basically all she ever does now.

Page 15 of 334 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast