Page 23 of 334 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Yeah, I miss the days when there wasn't an insult every 5 posts on this thread.

Am I the only one glad that Gaga choose Alejandro over DITD? I love Alejandro.

Kira, the charts are updated on Billboard's site on Thursdays. It's only Tuesday but unless TEOG can return to number one on Itunes I doubt it's going to debut much higher than Judas. It feel from number one quickly.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I know when Imma play "The Edge of Glory" at home. XD
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Kira, the charts are updated on Billboard's site on Thursdays. It's only Tuesday but unless TEOG can return to number one on Itunes I doubt it's going to debut much higher than Judas. It feel from number one quickly.
    Uh, it's actually Thursday right now but the chart Edge Of Glory debuts on covers from this past Monday to this coming Sunday. And it didn't really fall quickly or greatly - it spent over a day outselling Rolling in the Deep by 5:3 and is still #2 and outselling the #3 song and under by over twice as much. That's actually quite a bit better than Judas did. It's going to have a better debut than Judas.
    ミュウ

I didn't say TEOG was going to be on this week's chart, I was saying when the charts are updated. And yeah, it did fall quickly. It spent a day at number one, BTW and Judas spent multiple days at number one. And how do you even know how it is selling. Itunes doesn't give out that information last I checked.

LOL, people are actually buying Glee's version of Friday on Itunes....it's number 5. Oh the horror!

ET is starting to fall so it doesn't look like it will return to number one again.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I seriously knew that Intrescope was rushing when they decided to make TEOG the third single... A day of success is not a legitimate reason to ditch the current single :l

twittertumblrlast.fm

I dislike Bruno Mars because his songs are so plain and dull, his lyrics are cliched and cheesy and whats even worse, for me, is that all these girls invest in his music because they want songs like that which have the said god awful lyrics. I mean, Just The Way You Are was so perfectly written for a female audience that the lyrics are almost like a marketing strategy. Grenade was highly predictable and the Lazy Song annoys me even more because it's well, just so lazy as a song. I just feel his songs are too basic and his cliched lyrics overshadow the extremely basic musical aspect.
    Running for the thrill of it

Bruno Mars is a decent songwriter, and his lyrics are pretty good but his voice...leaves much to be desired...but that's just me...

I'm not expecting The Edge of Glory to debut in the top 10, but I'm sure it'll still do well. If Katy's E.T. really is falling, then that'll give The Edge of Glory a chance to climb and possibly peak at number one. That's if Adele's Rolling In The Deep doesn't block it, of course. I don't think it'll remain at number one for too long, but things may change. I'll have to check the rest of the charts to see what the competition looks like.

Meh. Didn't Bruno Mars get caught with some coke before? So much for being every girls dream. Although he might be Nicki's man. lol.

"He cold, he dope, he might sell coke
    He always in the air, but he never fly coach
    He a mutha****in trip, trip, sailor of the ship, ship
    When he make it drip, drip kiss him on the lip, lip
    That's the kind of dude I was lookin' for
    And yes you'll get slapped if you're lookin' hoe "

A bunch of pre teens bout to get slapped. xD

Marry the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Hey asshole, sit the fuck down and shut up please. It was a promotional single when I posted that.
    Geeze. Calm down bro! It's not that serious.
    Pokemonnnn <3

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/9rio03.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Hating Bruno Mars because he's successful is strange. I've only listened to his singles so far, and I don't think they're half bad. There's worse stuff playing on the radio at the moment, trust me.
    I hate Bruno Mars just because I can't stand his 'I'm so awesome'-smile. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it like that, but when he's on tv, I like want to beat the screen up
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Back on the subject of the Edge Of Glory, here in the UK it's number one on iTunes and in the midweek Charts it's at number 7 which is really quite good, considering from the midweeks it's still got another three full days of sales. Meanwhile, Judas is up 8 at 12. Although I reckon the Edge Of Glory could get to at least 4 (and album-wise when its released hopefully Born This Way will dethrone Adele, I appreciate Adele but her music is WAY overplayed over here)
    Running for the thrill of it

It doesn't look like Judas climbed much. The music video was its last chance to climb, really. It'll probably fall some more next week. Very sad. The Edge of Glory seems to be doing well, though. I still don't like the song very much since it doesn't have that edge that I'm looking for, but it's still nice I guess. Hopefully, it'll climb the charts and perform better than its younger brother.

Quote Originally Posted by 705030 View Post
    I hate Bruno Mars just because I can't stand his 'I'm so awesome'-smile. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it like that, but when he's on tv, I like want to beat the screen up
    So you're jealous of him basically? He's not even that model look-alike and he's talented deserving of all his succcess. It's nice to have soft songs and ballads smashing once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I didn't say TEOG was going to be on this week's chart, I was saying when the charts are updated. And yeah, it did fall quickly. It spent a day at number one, BTW and Judas spent multiple days at number one. And how do you even know how it is selling. Itunes doesn't give out that information last I checked.
    It's true but you can check the popularity percentages here http://www.livepopbars.com/index.php...+%28Numbers%29

Congrats to Adele "Rolling In The Deep" is finally #1 on the Hot 100!
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 12th May 2011 at 7:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    So you're jealous of him basically? He's not even that model look-alike and he's talented deserving of all his succcess. It's nice to have soft songs and ballads smashing once in a while...
    Nope, I actually really liked The Way You Are, but I just haaaaaaate his face. I don't know him but it just seems like an 'I'm so awesome'-face
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Billboard Hot 100 Top 10:

1. Adele - "Rolling In The Deep" (18 weeks, peak: 1x1)
    2. Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - "E.T." (13 weeks, peak: 1x5)
    3. Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull - "On The Floor" (11 weeks, peak: 3)
    4. Black Eyed Peas - "Just Can't Get Enough" (12 weeks, peak: 3)
    5. Bruno Mars - "The Lazy Song" (11 weeks, peak: 5)
    6. Britney Spears - "Till The World Ends" (10 weeks, peak: 3)
    7. Lady Antebellum - "Just A Kiss" (1 week, peak: 7, DEBUT)
    8. Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, AfroJack & Nayer - "Give Me Everything" (6 weeks, peak: 8)
    9. Rihanna - "S&M" (17 weeks, peak: 1x1)
    10. Chris Brown feat. Lil' Wayne & Busta Rhymes - "Look At Me Now" (14 weeks, peak: 6)

I hope "The Edge of Glory" debuts in the top 10, JAK had a similar run on iTunes TEOG is having so there's a chance. (and I think TEOG is being played on radio)

Geez. On The Floor refuses to drop. I thought it would fall off the chart after a few weeks, but it's still there. It looks like Britney's Till The World Ends and Rihanna's S&M are falling slowly. I guess the remixes only increased sales for a little while. I honestly don't care much for those other songs. I like Lady A, but I haven't really listened to their newer material. It looks like Mr. Awesome Face's new song is doing pretty well, too

Default On The Floor!

Geez. On The Floor refuses to drop. I thought it would fall off the chart after a few weeks, but it's still there. It looks like Britney's Till The World Ends and Rihanna's S&M are falling slowly. I guess the remixes only increased sales for a little while. I honestly don't care much for those other songs. I like Lady A, but I haven't really listened to their newer material. It looks like Mr. Awesome Face's new song is doing pretty well, too
    Oh No... J. Lo v=came back strong with that joint... It's NOT gonna drop...

S&M hang on tight! I STILL LOVE YOU!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

How do you not expect The Edge of Glory to debut in the top ten??? Born This Way and Judas have been accused of plagiarism and autoplagiarism, and a very large amount of people like The Edge of Glory more than those two songs, yet they both debuted in the top ten with just 2.5 days of sales. Judas even did it after a leak and rush-release. The Edge of Glory dropped to #2 mainly because of Adele's promotion and activity, not because of actual substantial sales declines. TEOG is actually gaining power right now and RITD is losing power slowly. In any case, the song is set to have a #2 or #1 debut on the digital charts, which easily puts the song in the top 10 on the Hot 100.
    ミュウ

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I hope "The Edge of Glory" debuts in the top 10
    If it doesn't debut in the Top 10 while Judas does, then the fans of Lady Gaga have a serious problem.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Plus, the radio edit is apparently already in circulation even though the official add date isn't till the 17th.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I just don't want to get my hopes up. If I do, and it doesn't debut in the top ten, then I'm going to be very depressed. Some people seem to think that it has a shot at debuting in the top five, but that's being almost too positive. It would be cool for it to debut high on the charts, but it might still fail to rise.

I just don't want to get my hopes up. If I do, and it doesn't debut in the top ten, then I'm going to be very depressed. Some people seem to think that it has a shot at debuting in the top five, but that's being almost too positive.
    One of those people is me. :P I like positivity, though! It would be her 10th consecutive top 10 single and her 8th top 5 single.

The problem is, she's likely going to be releasing singles from this album at such a high rate that if they don't debut in the top 10, they might not reach the top 10 at all, and I'd really like her to eventually break Madonna's 17 top 10 streak.

I also heard that she's considering releasing 9 singles off the album. I hope it's a lie because it would kill her streak for sure, and it's massive overkill. 5 is plenty, so I think she should release 4 or 5 singles.
    ミュウ

NINE singles!? God, that would be overkill, and just downright stupid too. Like Terrakion said, that would kill her streak and each single would get less attention. I think even as little has three would be enough.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Slightly off-topic, but did you guys see Americsn Idol?

Page 23 of 334 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast