Page 306 of 334 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

The National Anthem video is gorgeous. Enough said.

How To Be A Hearbreaker will be a HUUUGGGEEEEE radio hit. If Marina plans on becoming big in the US, she NEEDS to release it as a single.

Ridin (A$AP Rocky Feat. Lana Del Rey) also leaked. According to Rockys twitter, his verses will be different on the final version. (x)
    W E D O N T N E E D T O T O U C H J U S T
    B R E A T H E

Running for the thrill of it

I will resist the urge to make a horrid rolling in the deep joke. Happy for her. Guess we know what she wanted a long break after 21 lol
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Speaking of that, Lana Del Rey's music video for National Anthem has been released. I adore it honestly. The direction, the way concept, the controversy she is going to bring up. It's just a wonderful music video. This is how a long music video should be.
    I've only just seen this, and I feel a bit guilty that I haven't been interested in her in the past.
    The video was really wonderful, something I haven't seen much of this year. I'll need to look over some of her other work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Oh, good for her.
    I don't think anyone can slate her for taking that break now...

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I will resist the urge to make a horrid rolling in the deep joke.
    Funny, I thought the more obvious one was the 'Someone Like You' joke.

Well now; Katy's taking a break, Adele's pregnant, Britney's on X-Factor and Rihanna's doing.... something.
    Kesha & Gaga should really get working on their albums about now, while the gateway's open.

Quite honestly, whenever I hear a piece of Adele related gossip news, I'm always thinking along the lines of "Rumour Has It".

Anyways for the Kelly Clarkson fans in this thread (all 3 of us) - "Dark Side" has finally reached the iTunes Top 100! It's currently #91 on iTunes, and lately it's been getting close to +1 million AI a day on radio. It already debuted on the Hot 100 at #93 this week, so hopefully next week it can make a big jump. I'm really hoping this smashes just as much (if not more) than Stronger, because I personally find this to be a much more unique sounding song.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    Well now; Katy's taking a break, Adele's pregnant, Britney's on X-Factor and Rihanna's doing.... something.
    Kesha & Gaga should really get working on their albums about now, while the gateway's open.
    Katy's taking a break? I heard that she was going to start writing her next album soon. I'm a bit confused about that. Adele's album will always be at the top of the charts; I've learned to live with it. So even if she takes a break due to her pregnancy, I'm not counting her out. I'm glad that Britney's doing something interesting, but I'm honestly afraid of whatever Rihanna has planned. She said she wasn't going to release an album this year, but I think she'll go ahead and do that anyway. Ke$ha and Gaga are the only major pop stars who are planning releases for this year (Gaga might change her mind, but I'm hoping that Interscope pressures her to release something before the year is over). Not much is going on. 2012 hasn't been a great year for pop music in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation
    I'm really hoping this smashes just as much (if not more) than Stronger, because I personally find this to be a much more unique sounding song.
    Normally I'd be surprised at this, but since the biggest hits of 2012 have been more alternative; It wouldn't be out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Katy's taking a break? I heard that she was going to start writing her next album soon. I'm a bit confused about that.
    Well, that's what she's been saying, but since when do big pop starts take long breaks?
    I'm relieved at the news, since she's been churning out the Teenage Dream singles for 2 years now.

Adele's album will always be at the top of the charts; I've learned to live with it. So even if she takes a break due to her pregnancy, I'm not counting her out. I'm glad that Britney's doing something interesting, but I'm honestly afraid of whatever Rihanna has planned. She said she wasn't going to release an album this year, but I think she'll go ahead and do that anyway.
    I think Adele still topping the charts has less to do with Adele herself and moreso with the decline of sales so far in 2012.
    Rihanna was supposed to be working on her acting career I think? I doubt that after Battleship, I'm sure we'll have a brand new Rihanna single before 2012 is out...

Ke$ha and Gaga are the only major pop stars who are planning releases for this year (Gaga might change her mind, but I'm hoping that Interscope pressures her to release something before the year is over). Not much is going on. 2012 hasn't been a great year for pop music in my opinion.
    Ke$ha will have an easy time breaking the charts at this rate, but I don't think Gaga will have a new album before 2013. She could have the lead single, but she'll spend most of 2012 touring. After Princess Die, I'm thinking her next era will be more akin to TFM than BTW. I'd really be happy with either.
    I'll be content if either of them return to slay all of these simple acts and one-hit wonders of 2012.

omg. The demo of "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" leaked. help. I love it. ;__;

Born to be brave

That's the new Pink single isnt it?

I remember falling in love with the demo for Bad Romance. It's still brilliant now.
    My Friend Code: Black: 1206 5390 3565 Pearl: To follow

Looking for:

I'll really liked the demo. I thought it was a fun song and can't wait to hear the final version.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Well, that's what she's been saying, but since when do big pop starts take long breaks?
    I'm relieved at the news, since she's been churning out the Teenage Dream singles for 2 years now.
    I hope she means it this time; she's been talking about taking a break for a year now. Anyway, maybe it's just because the "Teenage Dream" era is ending, but I'm starting to appreciate the album again. I purchased "The Complete Confection" this morning just for the three new songs and the remixes (it only cost $1.99 on Amazon) and I'm on cloud nine.

And here I thought you were tired of Katy.

New Christina Aguilera single in August......cant wait!!!!!!!!!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Not much is going on. 2012 hasn't been a great year for pop music in my opinion.
    I think 2012 has actually been a great year... Madonna, Gossip, Lana, Sleigh Bells, Nicki, John Mayer, Chris Brown, Justin Bieber etc all had good albums this year. And I really wonder if Rihanna will be okay this year seeing as how she's almost lost her **** a few times and her favorite grandma just died. But people are always saying she's gonna have a breakdown so idk if it'll actually happen...

Quote Originally Posted by .Bambi. View Post
    Carly definitely has a foot in the door, but I'm still certain the massive success of "Call Me Maybe" is due to its universal catchiness and not because she actually has fans. Are you seriously a Carly stan, though? Already? After one hit? I guess no one can accuse you of jumping on the bandwagon down the road...
    Yep. Imported the EP from Canada for $30, loved every single song, and CMM is my most played song this year.

I've never been one for bandwagoning and I really dislike those who do that sort of thing. For example: I am, was, and always shall be a Little Monster. The charts and sales and records mean little to me and are just useful for bragging rights - the first few months after I discovered Gaga (from Feb 2010 until May or so) I didn't even really know about the charts and stuff. And yet that was still arguably one of my strongest periods of stanning for Gaga!

So if Carly does become a staple in the current pop pantheon, nobody can accuse me of bandwagoning since I've loved her music from the moment I heard it and I didn't start stanning because of the success. Rather, I started before the song became a hit at all in the US and was rooting for it all the way to #1.

Also, I'm getting REALLY heavily into Kylie Minogues music lately! Her Best Of album is amazing!!
    ミュウ

Her music catalog is amazing in general. Kylie is just awesome. She's a better Queen of Pop than Madonna IMO.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I think 2012 has actually been a great year... Madonna, Gossip, Lana, Sleigh Bells, Nicki, John Mayer, Chris Brown, Justin Bieber etc all had good albums this year. And I really wonder if Rihanna will be okay this year seeing as how she's almost lost her **** a few times and her favorite grandma just died. But people are always saying she's gonna have a breakdown so idk if it'll actually happen...
    Out of the top three female pop albums of 2012 so far ("Mdna," "Born to Die," and "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded"), only the last two were good in my opinion. Madonna's album was a total mess with the exception of two songs ("Masterpiece" and "Falling Free"). I used to call her the Queen of Pop because she always produced great music, but "Mdna" did nothing for me. And I'm sure her number one stan will disagree, but there you have it. Lana's album was a breath of fresh air, and Nicki's album managed to cover two genres without it turning into a mess like "Born This Way," which was impressive. The best male pop album so far has been Adam's in my opinion, but even it wasn't perfect. I'm just really put out at the moment. I thought 2012 was going to be an amazing year for music, but I only have Ke$ha's new album and possibly Christina's to look forward to.

Out of the top three female pop albums of 2012 so far ("Mdna," "Born to Die," and "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded"), only the last two were good in my opinion. Madonna's album was a total mess with the exception of two songs ("Masterpiece" and "Falling Free"). I used to call her the Queen of Pop because she always produced great music, but "Mdna" did nothing for me. And I'm sure her number one stan will disagree, but there you have it.
    Yes I disagree - you called "Love Spent" a mess. Many people should disagree with that!
    And she's still the Queen - despite a couple less-than-spectacular albums, her previous releases still exist.

I've been somewhat less active lately but I'm back in full force and there are things I need to know: why on earth do we have people in the pop music thread spewing bullshit about Gaga pushing agendas? The only "agenda" she is pushing is acceptance toward the gay community. If you're against that, then this genre isn't really for you, hun.
    ミュウ

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Well, it sounds eventful when you put it like that, but we've only really discussed Madonna, Lana & Nicki. Apart from Justin, the other's don't really seem to have much of a fanbase around here.
    And out of those; Madonna's album wasn't really anything spectacular, It was quite underwhelming work from "The Queen of Pop".
    Nicki's was a hot mess, I tried to like it, but I can't. I loved 'Roman Holiday' though, it was demented & theatrical, and Nicki made great use of her accents. That's the Nicki I want, not 'Starships' Nicki.
    But I find Lana's was... pretty good actually. In fact; Born to Die is probably my album of the year so far >.>

And here's some actual relevant Gaga (and Cher) news for the thread (◡‿◡✿)

So, duet with Cher with a new single in September~?
    I'm withdrawing my previous comments on this album.
    Last edited by Ruby Blue; 5th July 2012 at 12:21 AM.

I know I've said that Lana has a terrible voice and I still stand by that, but I listened to her album and I'm hooked. It's a really great album, every song is good. Her live performances are God awful though, someone needs to get her a vocal coach.

And I agree that 2012 has been sort of a "meh" year for music so far. Not many amazing releases yet.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 (Week of July 14, 2012):

1. Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe" (4th week at #1)
    2. Maroon 5 ft. Wiz Khalifa - "Payphone" (=)
    3. Gotye ft. Kimbra - "Somebody That I Used To Know" (=)
    4. Katy Perry - "Wide Awake" (=)
    5. Rihanna - "Where Have You Been" (=)
    6. Ellie Goulding - "Lights" (=)
    7. Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe - "We Are Young" (=)
    8. Nicki Minaj - "Starships" (=) 20 weeks in the top 10! :clap:
    9. David Guetta ft. Sia - "Titanium" (+3)
    10. Usher - "Scream" (=)

Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen - "Good Time" debuts at #18 thus making both of them not one-hit wonders anymore.

"Wide Awake", "Where Have You Been" and "Lights" are stuck for a while at #4/#5/#6 because Maroon 5's and Gotye's hits are still mega radio/on-demand smashes.

I'm surprised that Lana Del Rey is going to put out another album this November. She's had a pretty successful career with Born To Die, but I feel like maybe it will be a little soon for her to release her second album. Believe me, I will definitely be one of the first people to buy it, but I just don't want it to sound rushed or anything.

And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    Yes I disagree - you called "Love Spent" a mess. Many people should disagree with that!
    And she's still the Queen - despite a couple less-than-spectacular albums, her previous releases still exist.
    Whatever you say.

So, duet with Cher and new single in September~?
    I'm withdrawing my previous comments on this album.
    Aside from "The Greatest Thing," I can't say I'm looking forward to her new album. I want another "Believe," but I doubt she'll deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen - "Good Time" debuts at #18 thus making both of them not one-hit wonders anymore.
    Uh, they are? A #18 song isn't exactly a hit.

But man, the top ten is so boring. All the good songs are just sitting there.

Billboard Top 10 Singles for week of July 14, 2012. Damn "Starships" has been in the top 10 for five months deserved, I love it.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 4th July 2012 at 9:02 PM.

Call Me Maybe is so irritating. And when I lool at Carly Rae Jepsen I just see a 2nd rate Katy Perry.
    My Friend Code: Black: 1206 5390 3565 Pearl: To follow

Looking for:

Uh, they are? A #18 song isn't exactly a hit.

But man, the top ten is so boring. All the good songs are just sitting there.
    Umm a one hit wonder is an artist/band that only has/had 1 top 40 hit, they aren't anymore as stated by Billboard.

The song is rising on radio, I'm sure it will get a higher peak in the future plus a #18 peak is still a minor hit at least, there are plenty of top 20 songs that were decent hits.

Page 306 of 334 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316 ... LastLast