Page 316 of 334 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 8345

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    This week's Billboard Top Ten:

1. Flo Rida - "Whistle"
    3. Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe"
    FINALLY!! I was beginning to think that CMM would potentially get a 10th week at #1! I don't even like "Whistle", but I'm glad that literally ANYTHING has dethroned what could possibly be the world's most annoying pop song.

7. David Guetta f/ Sia - "Titanium"
    Very happy to see this rising! I originally didn't think radio would support the song too much, but turns out airplay is actually giving it some unexpected longevity.

8. Fun. - "Some Nights"
    ABOUT TIME! This song has been selling like crazy for the past few weeks, I'm so glad it finally broke into the Top 10! Now its airplay just needs to catch up and this will be #1 in no time!

Oh, and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together debuted at #72.
    Well looks like Taylor's radio deal didn't work out so well for her. She got this debut based on airplay alone (the song was released digitally after this week's tracking period ended), and because of it she's not going to get a #1 debut or break the record for biggest jump to #1 (with a nearly 80% lead in sales over the #2 song and this radio deal, she's pretty much guaranteed the #1 next week).
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Top 10 sucks...needs more Pink.

.... plus it broke Gaga's Born This Way record, which is a huge accomplishment.....
    ...It's the fifth song to do it since BTW.........not that big of an accomplishment.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I'm happy for Phillip and Fun. The rest can go. We need new blood. I'm expecting Taylor to reach the top and hopefully stay there. Her overly immature 13 year old break up song cannot leave my head.

"Some Nights" is amazing, glad it finally enters the top 10.

LOL, "Lights" got cockblocked by CMM and Whistle, its sales started to drop when Ellie was at her peak on Radio and Streaming. Too bad.

I can't wait to see Taylor jumping to #1 next week, I'd be shocked if WANEGBT does not hit #1. She has a 80% lead over the #2 song on iTunes.

Wow, where were all these "Some Nights" fans when I wanted to talk about the song BEFORE it entered the Top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    LOL, "Lights" got cockblocked by CMM and Whistle, its sales started to drop when Ellie was at her peak on Radio and Streaming. Too bad.
    What's interesting is that "Lights" is the second song in the course of a few weeks to get affected by this. "Payphone" also spent a ton of weeks at #2 and #3 because it topped the radio chart just as its sales began to fall. I would have loved to see "Lights" go #1, but if it can stay on top of radio and streaming, it could come out with a good year-end position.

I can't wait to see Taylor jumping to #1 next week, I'd be shocked if WANEGBT does not hit #1. She has a 80% lead over the #2 song on iTunes.
    Not to mention that she's maintained that lead for over 24 hours. 24 hours is usually when a big debut begins to shoot down, but WANEGBT has been out for almost double that time now, and it doesn't seem like the other top songs on iTunes are going to be catching up to her anytime soon. Plus her massive radio deal has given her 50 million AI within the first two days of the song's release (which is insanely huge for two days), so she'll have enough airplay to back up her sales and stop this song from being "Boyfriend" 2.0.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Damn it Call me maybe is still on the list! Well at least something else is there, don't really understand what Whistle is suppose to be about.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Well at least something else is there, don't really understand what Whistle is suppose to be about.
    Congratulations on being the inspiration for this amazing thread title. I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but the first line of the song makes the topic pretty obvious:

Quote Originally Posted by "Whistle" by Flo Rida
    Can you blow my Whistle, baby, Whistle, baby, let me know
    Replace the word "whistle" with a certain body part, and it should come to you pretty soon.

And Call Me Maybe should start falling pretty soon. It's pretty much being dropped on radio, and it's FINALLY starting to move down on iTunes.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Damn it Call me maybe is still on the list! Well at least something else is there, don't really understand what Whistle is suppose to be about.
    deep symbolism kids. that's all it is. i thought it was about kissing at first lol
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Congratulations on being the inspiration for this amazing thread title. I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but the first line of the song makes the topic pretty obvious:

Replace the word "whistle" with a certain body part, and it should come to you pretty soon.

And Call Me Maybe should start falling pretty soon. It's pretty much being dropped on radio, and it's FINALLY starting to move down on iTunes.
    Serious? Nah, it's blankly obvious that it's *** related.

Anyways yeah I think Call me Maybe has about hit it's peak.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

So, Gaga announced on Twitter yesterday that she gave a record she was working on to her friend Kendrick Lamar for his album, it's a collaboration called PARTYNAUSEOUS and she wrote it about Jakarta and her "relationship with the country".

And it's supposed to be realeased on September 6th, the same day as the VMAs. Love that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn
    Don't care about Taylor or her song in the least, just saying that is the worst acronym I've seen in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation
    Wow, where were all these "Some Nights" fans when I wanted to talk about the song BEFORE it entered the Top 10?
    It was released months ago. I assume people dicussed it then, but I wasn't actually here :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    deep symbolism kids. that's all it is. i thought it was about kissing at first lol
    ...?

Why would you think this? Did the artist not give it away immediatley?

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I'm happy for Phillip and Fun. The rest can go. We need new blood. I'm expecting Taylor to reach the top and hopefully stay there. Her overly immature 13 year old break up song cannot leave my head.
    @ you suddenly stanning for Fun. just because they have another song in the top ten. You never cease to amaze me.

Damn it Call me maybe is still on the list!
    Well I think the song will be in the top ten for another decade, so we should get used to it.

P.S. When is Ke$ha's album coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    It was released months ago. I assume people dicussed it then, but I wasn't actually here :/
    There were a couple of comments here and there, but it never got one of the big discussions that some songs get about its future success. But I wasn't being serious when I made that remark, hence why I used the strike out feature.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Well at least something else is there, don't really understand what Whistle is suppose to be about.

He just wants a blowjob.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

P.S. When is Ke$ha's album coming out?
    This year or next year most likely.
    I think Whistle is about a girl blowing him.

I really do dislike this Whistle song, in fact I dislike Flo Rida so much nowadays. I heard his most recent album and I was incredibly disappointed with how bad it all sounded and how bland it all was. He never was the greatest at making songs but I much preferred the songs of old that he did such as Low and a couple of his album songs, these days it's like he's not even trying anymore.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    I really do dislike this Whistle song, in fact I dislike Flo Rida so much nowadays. I heard his most recent album and I was incredibly disappointed with how bad it all sounded and how bland it all was. He never was the greatest at making songs but I much preferred the songs of old that he did such as Low and a couple of his album songs, these days it's like he's not even trying anymore.
    Everything Flo Rida is making nowadays sounds the same. He is at the least harmless, until this.

Saying that I'd much prefer Lights getting no 1. is a ridiculous understatement.

Serious? Nah, it's blankly obvious that it's *** related.
    Eh, what three letter word are you censoring?

I didn't even know Flo Rida fans were real. Like, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross Guy
    He just wants a blowjob.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlutterDash
    I think Whistle is about a girl blowing him.
    Thank you, those extra explainations were very necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Eh, what three letter word are you censoring?
    I assume he's self-censoring sex, since it isn't actually censored on here.

Hell if I know why though.

Quote Originally Posted by FlutterDash View Post
    This year or next year most likely.
    It better be this year; I know for a fact that the album is done and that they're just putting the finishing touches on it. There's literally no competition right now, so they should release the album as soon as possible. I still don't understand why Ke$ha took such a long break. New artists like her should release a new album every year or so.

On the general pop music front, I'm not really listening to much. In the past I would listen to songs that were charting well since they were usually catchy and fun, but nothing in the top ten has sparked my interest. So I've been listening to random albums (aka, albums that nobody ever talks about).

So I've been listening to random albums (aka, albums that nobody ever talks about).
    Christina Aguilera's latest album?
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Christina Aguilera's latest album?
    Nope. I meant underrated pop albums like Bedtime Stories, True Blue, The Sweet Escape, The Dutchess, Who You Are, and of course the Queen of Pop's debut album, Pink Friday. The only Christina Aguilera albums that I still use are her debut album and Stripped. The rest are practically non-existent to me.

i think flo rida really likes it when women blow his whistle. after all, he has a similar song to it: RIGHT ROUND. i was sold on good feeling and wild ones, but i haven't even heard whistle yet nor am i in any hurry

Quote Originally Posted by 3DD View Post
    Everything Flo Rida is making nowadays sounds the same. He is at the least harmless, until this.

Saying that I'd much prefer Lights getting no 1. is a ridiculous understatement.
    that would be a most magnificent summer miracle. carly rae jepsen has really eff'd up the ranks of so many songs that should've had what her song stole

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    i was sold on good feeling and wild ones, but i haven't even heard whistle yet nor am i in any hurry
    I never liked "Good Feeling" and the only reason I kind of liked "Wild Ones" was because Sia was on the chorus. You'll never find me jumping to defend his music.

that would be a most magnificent summer miracle. carly rae jepsen has really eff'd up the ranks of so many songs that should've had what her song stole
    I wish "Lights" could go #1, but it's peaked in everything (sales, radio and streaming) so all it's going to do now is fall. If radio had abandoned CMM one week earlier than it did, "Lights" could have had its chance last week. But like you said, it's just another song that CMM robbed from going #1.

Anyways, looks like the success of "Titanium" has gotten David Guetta to do another collaboration with Sia. His next song "She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)" will be released digitally this Tuesday (inb4Shakirasongtitlecomments):

It sounds quite similar to "Titanium", but quite honestly I'm open to hear more songs that sound like "Titanium". If Guetta starts making more songs like this instead of songs like "Where Them Girls At", he could start becoming one of my favourite artists.
    Last edited by Silent Conversation; 19th August 2012 at 6:52 PM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I've apparently somehow missed boy bands coming back(One Dimension and The Wanted is enough to count as them coming back, right?), but they're as hilarious as ever. Actually, they're even more hilarious since now I can point and laugh at how they somehow sound exactly the same 12 years later. Seriously, compare this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    I didn't even know Flo Rida fans were real. Like, ever.
    Hey, he makes good music to dance to and completely ignore the lyrics to. (I still can't figure out what the hell he's trying to say in Good Feeling. I can flat-out read the lyrics, and they still make no sense whatsoever. I think he's trying to say something about how...he's at the top? Or something? How do you fuck up communicating one of the most basic rap boasts?)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    I've apparently somehow missed boy bands coming back(One Dimension and The Wanted is enough to count as them coming back, right?), but they're as hilarious as ever. Actually, they're even more hilarious since now I can point and laugh at how they somehow sound exactly the same 12 years later. Seriously, compare this shit.
    I was waiting for somebody to bring up that comparison. A parody video of "One Thing" made the same comparison, and it was absolutely hilarious.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Page 316 of 334 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326 ... LastLast