Page 7 of 334 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    This is why horny rednecks shouldn't be left alone with their Harleys.

I kind of like it though. Weird, but in a cool way. Like Kira said, I'd buy the album if the cover was blank. Born This Way is really good. Judas is terrific. Put a picture of a monkey masturbating on top of a pile of Bibles for all I care, as long as the music is good.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Lol, the album cover looks crazy. It doesn't really matter to me, though. I'd buy Born This Way even if the cover were completely blank. And I've heard that some people are disappointed with Judas. I've no idea why that is, though. People complained that Born This Way was a Madonna rip-off and that Gaga should stick with her old stuff. Well, Judas is pretty similar to her old music yet people still complain. Seriously, what do people want?
    Because Judas is not that great. That's why. The music is awesome but all together it's not that great of a song. Her voice is so annoying in the song that it makes it hard to listen to. People aer still complaining because her new singles are no where near as good as her previous ones....and people are tired of her being an attention *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    I'm in love with Judas, baby. It's really goddamned catchy, and it sounds closer to the Fame Monster tracks everyone loves without being a blatent ripoff of any of them.
    You did listen to the song right. It copies Bad Romance.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 17th April 2011 at 2:18 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Because Judas is not that great. That's why. The music is awesome but all together it's not that great of a song. Her voice is so annoying in the song that it makes it hard to listen to. People aer still complaining because her new singles are no where near as good as her previous ones....and people are tired of her being an attention *****.

You did listen to the song right. It copies Bad Romance.
    Judas being great or Judas being not great is an opinion based thing. I personally think it's fantastic. You don't. Get over it.

Bad Romance and Judas have the same basic formula, but not the same sound. To be honest, I hate Bad Romance. It's bland, empty and has the most inane nonsensical lyrics. I love Judas. It's all opinion.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I hope to God she is kidding....that picture is just horrible. Her bizarreness is just getting annoying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Judas being great or Judas being not great is an opinion based thing. I personally think it's fantastic. You don't. Get over it.
    Coming from the one who laughs because I think The Fame is far better then Born This Way and Judas. Hypocritical. I'm giving my opinion, so don't tell me to get over it. I'm not a fan of the song (although it is growing one me......extremely slowly) and I'll say it how ever many times I want, just like you can say you love it over and over again.

And how is Bad Romance inane and nonsensical but Judas isn't? Both songs talk about being in love with someone bad for them...same exact scenario.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 17th April 2011 at 6:49 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

The image on the album cover really is ok with me. Although I have to agree with the people who say that the font has got to go. It just looks really tacky. Anyway, I love Judas no matter what anyone else says. It's the kind of song that's fun to listen to, even if it isn't anything new or groundbreaking.

But anyway, I just heard the S&M remix and I gotta say that I like it a lot. I found the original S&M to be really annoying, but the remix with Britney sounds pretty hot.

Judas is alright. I'm sure it will grow on me, definitely, and I have only listened to it eight or so times, but I'm sure after another fifty times of listening to it on repeat I'll absolutely love it :]

But yeah. The cover. I loved the cover of the Fame, and the cover of Fame Monster. But this cover, it looks wacky, and not in a good way, unfortunately.
    I'll still buy it, though, but I hope Lady Gaga realises that the cover is ugly.

http://twitpic.com/4lwzk9
    thank the lord

I like the deluxe cover, I'm happy again.

twittertumblrlast.fm

http://twitpic.com/4lwzk9
    thank the lord

I like the deluxe cover, I'm happy again.
    Cool. I like the special edition cover even though she still looks pretty wild. Gaga also Tweeted that the original version will contain 14 songs while the special edition will contain 17 songs plus 5 remixes. I guess I'm getting the special edition of Born This Way. Just a little over a month left to go until it's released.
    Last edited by Lorde; 17th April 2011 at 10:27 AM.

. Her bizarreness is just getting annoying now.
    Probably because it's completely fake.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 17th April 2011 at 11:44 AM.

But anyway, I just heard the S&M remix and I gotta say that I like it a lot. I found the original S&M to be really annoying, but the remix with Britney sounds pretty hot.
    "Judas" only had two days of sales, I don't think it will debut at #1 but if it does I'll be SHOCKED!!!

"S&M" remix will probably be #1 next week and "Judas" will get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Probably because it's completely fake.
    but it's always been completely fake.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Born This Way only had three days of sales but it debuted at number one. Billboard is saying that Judas and the S&M remix are very close in sales and one of them is likely to be number one..but Judas does have some challenges since it's not being played on the radio nearly and much as S&M.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Yeah, I still haven't heard Judas on the radio, and it's been three days since the song was released. I'm wondering if my local radio station has just banned the song since it has some sketchy lyrics. They allow worse stuff on their station, but they might have just decided to play it safe for now, at least until they receive an edited version of the song or something. But yeah, I heard that Judas was/is number one on iTunes. That's something.

Radio stations are weird with songs. The radio stations where I lived initially refused to play the single version of ET with Kanye on it and instead would only play the album version without him (not that I complained ) It could be that Judas will only be played in at night or radio stations might be waiting until after Easter to really play it heavily. Then again...I rarely here Born This Way on the radio either so who knows. Digital Downloads really help...but singles also need airplay chart time.

BTW, it looks like Briteny is back in the Top 10...Till The World Ends is at number 8 now...a new peak for the song. I wonder if they new Dance version of the video will help it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

but it's always been completely fake.
    True. It's the thing that annoys me about her more than anything. Saying everything for her little monsters etc. and that she represents society's outcasts. Really jars me. I'd be far more accepting if she just accepted she was normal.

Here you can see how iTunes is doing, the popbars update all the time! http://www.livepopbars.com/

E.T. is gaining again on Judas this morning it was 100% vs. 72% and now E.T.'s at 76!

I think it's almost impossible for "Judas" to debut at #1 since weekly sales close today at 12am... It's either ET or S&M. (and like Hoennmaster said it still hasn't enough airplay while ET and S&M are radio monsters!)
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 17th April 2011 at 11:55 PM.

Bought Femme Fatale finally today <3 i didn't realize it was a digipak, love the casing and the photoshoot

twittertumblrlast.fm

I didn't know this, but apparently Gaga designed the cover for Judas in Microsoft Word and then she took a picture of it on her phone which is why you can see her reflection in it.

Bought Femme Fatale finally today <3 i didn't realize it was a digipak, love the casing and the photoshoot
    Regular or Deluxe edition? Either way the photoshoot was great and simply beautiful.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Radio stations are weird with songs. The radio stations where I lived initially refused to play the single version of ET with Kanye on it and instead would only play the album version without him (not that I complained ) It could be that Judas will only be played in at night or radio stations might be waiting until after Easter to really play it heavily. Then again...I rarely here Born This Way on the radio either so who knows. Digital Downloads really help...but singles also need airplay chart time.

BTW, it looks like Briteny is back in the Top 10...Till The World Ends is at number 8 now...a new peak for the song. I wonder if they new Dance version of the video will help it.
    I only heard Born This Way on the radio a handful of times, and those times, if I recall correctly, featured a large portion of the song 'edited out'. What with Easter this week, I doubt Judas will get much airplay, unfortunately.

Here in LA, Judas is being played every hour on the hour. So I think it must regional.

Marry the Night

Regular or Deluxe edition? Either way the photoshoot was great and simply beautiful.
    Deluxe version. I love He About To Lose Me so I had to get the deluxe version <3

twittertumblrlast.fm

Really more French Pop though, but it's been almost a month since Safari Disco Club was released. If you guys haven't heard of an artist called Yelle you gotta check her out.

A lot of her stuff is really good, and there's even a concert when I am in about a week so I'm really psyched for it.

I really don't like the chorus to Judas, I like everything else about the song but to me the chorus is just... Awful
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Here in LA, Judas is being played every hour on the hour. So I think it must regional.
    You're lucky. It hasn't played here at all. Granted, I don't listen to the radio all day long, but I've been trying to keep my ears open and nothing Gaga-related has been played yet. You know what has played, though? E.T. and S&M. Like, all the time :|

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    I really don't like the chorus to Judas, I like everything else about the song but to me the chorus is just... Awful
    I think the chorus is the best part of the song, actually. Gaga's voice sounds a lot softer than I've heard it in years and I really like that. I think the rest of the song is pretty awesome as well, but the chorus just clicks with me the most. I've heard some people calling it anticlimactic, but it sounds good enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychout View Post
    Really more French Pop though, but it's been almost a month since Safari Disco Club was released. If you guys haven't heard of an artist called Yelle you gotta check her out.
    I've never really given French Pop a chance, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a listen

You're lucky. It hasn't played here at all. Granted, I don't listen to the radio all day long, but I've been trying to keep my ears open and nothing Gaga-related has been played yet. You know what has played, though? E.T. and S&M. Like, all the time :|
    E.T. and S&M huh? Same here, more E.T. It's so darn catchy. lol. But that's Katy for ya. Super catchy, but then her songs just get old. IMO of course. I can never stay in love with any of her songs for more than two weeks or so. :/

Marry the Night

Page 7 of 334 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast