Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #10

ok, this set is for general coverage and power.

item: Muscle band
    Moves
    megahorn.
    waterfall/aqua tail/aqua jet
    swords dance
    dragon tail/ night slash/ retaliate/revenge

its a little self explanitory.
    megahorn KOs most grass, dark, and psyhcics.
    a water type move for STAB. waterfall for accuracy, aqua tail for power, or aqua jet for priority.
    Swords dance brings its attack to ridiculase levels.
    finally, your choice for a filler move. night slash is a little useless when running megahorn, but is not a bad move. retaliate and revenge are better for double battles. dragon tail gets nuetral coverage on most pokemon and is probably your best choice.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Yea, Sam(urott) doesn't have very much that Feraligatr (what tier is he in?) doesn't. It's like the Dragonite/Salamence, know what I'm saying? Aqua Jet is really nice with a couple Swords Dances, it's almost like a Scizor's Bullet Punch.
    Who is next?

Typhlosion is epic and has beaten the heck out of OUs!

If you are like me, and think that Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, paste this in your sig. Started by Epicpip

No surprise that its Samurott this week with the past 2 weeks being the other 5th Gen Starters.

Physical Set

-Razor Shell / Waterfall / Aqua Tail
    -X-Scissor / Megahorn
    -Sword Dance
    -Aqua Jet
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Adamant
    Hold Item: Life Orb / Choice Band

Hit hard and finish off with Aqua Jet. Useful as a switch in when the opponents Pokemon has low HP. Boost Attack using Sword Dance for more power. X-Scissor / Megahorn can take out Grass Types as well as Psychic Types and Dark Types.

Special Set

-Surf / Scald / Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot
    -Hidden Power (Ground)
    Nature: Modest
    Hold Item: Choice Specs / Wise Glasses

Can cover any Grass Types or Electric Types which may switch in against Samurott with Ice Beam and Hidden Power. Potential Burn with Scald, power from the Hydro Pump but lacks accuracy plus STAB. Grass Knot is useful for any heavy Pokemon which you may be up against especially Rock Types with it being supereffective.
    I claim Porygon!
    9999 Coins. Don't touch what you can't afford!

Pokémon with Sturdy will survive a Grass Knot/Surf/Waterfall, so Aqua Jet would be good for any set really, just for the quick kill, because some Sturdy Pokémon will Explode before you can hit them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Abizzel1 View Post
    *********************I have a suggestion**********************

Maybe you guys could do 2 Pokemon of the Week. 1 for a new gen Pokemon, and another for a previous gen Pokemon that way we can have updates on what old Pokemon have moved up in the world as well as those that have fallen from grace. It's just an idea and I'm sure the community would love it, and it would be great if it's not a lot of work. Love the site, and POTW is one of the main reasons I come back every Sunday, so a little more POTW's would be great.
    Post this on the 'Regarding our selection process' thread, because on here, it will get ignored.
    Last edited by Blue Harvest; 12th March 2011 at 3:56 AM. Reason: don't double post, next time its an infraction

Sturdy has become really annoying now thanks to the change.
    I claim Porygon!
    9999 Coins. Don't touch what you can't afford!

Sword Saint
    Samurott@Life Orb
    Nature: Brave Evs:252Atk/252HP/4SpD
    Ability:Torrent
    Moves:
    1: Swords Dance
    2: Aqua Tail/Waterfall
    3: Assurance
    4: Revenge

This set gets great neutral coverage. SD up then, simply sweep. Yes he takes damage to do it but a 656 Atk stat with STAB Aqua Tail/Waterfall is great. Put that to Assurance which has 100 Base Power after he's hit and Revenge with 120 Base Power he can effectively kill most any pokemon with relative ease. Doesn't last long so I use Aqua Tail for the added power. This Samurott is NOT designed to last but to kill a couple of pokemon and die You could use Leftovers for a little extra longevity but mostly useless, just sweep.
    Because of his design he usually gets some use from Torrent. Do not use Meghorn on this set Gyarados completely walls in such a case.

Sword Surgeon
    Samurott@Razor Claw/Zoom Lens
    Nature: Jolly Evs:252Atk/252Spe/4HP
    Ability:Torrent
    Moves:
    1: Razor Shell
    2: Stone Edge
    3: Megahorn
    4: Swords Dance/Focus Energy

The critical version of the above set. Razor Shell/Stone Edge take advantage of a 1 in 4 crit chance with the item. Megahorn is useful for a good many threats and may kill unboosted Reuniclus even without SD/Crit. Evs can be altered on both sets to make them last longer. Stone Edge terrifies Gyara and Razor Shell makes Gliscor think twice. Virizion/Terrakion/Cobalion are not safe from this set. SD or Focus Energy based on preference. If you want a 50/50 chance of critical go ahead but SD is more useful overall, if no other reason that without wasting a turn two of your moves have 1 in 4 crit rate, the other has 1 in 8 and it doubles your Atk stat making that Critical hit more effective.
    This set is a little gimicky but I think it work with a little planning.

Hope you guys like the sets. Just thought I'd try to make a good for Samurott. Never tried to do this for the POTW before.
    Battle me and discover the true meaning of Quintessant Ruin.

Spoiler:- Credit:

PO Name: CROWN

@CROWN: Samurott doesn't get Stone Edge.
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Pledster View Post
    No surprise that its Samurott this week with the past 2 weeks being the other 5th Gen Starters.

Physical Set

-Razor Shell / Waterfall / Aqua Tail
    -X-Scissor / Megahorn
    -Sword Dance
    -Aqua Jet
    Nature: Adamant
    Hold Item: Life Orb / Choice Band

Hit hard and finish off with Aqua Jet. Useful as a switch in when the opponents Pokemon has low HP. Boost Attack using Sword Dance for more power. X-Scissor / Megahorn can take out Grass Types as well as Psychic Types and Dark Types.
    Swords Dance+Choice Band=Death
    Or other Pokémon will come in and set up against you because you are going to be locked into SD.
    And you can't finish off with Aqua Jet because you will be locked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123