Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One of Many

Hey guys, I'm gonna get Chapter Seven up tomorrow, I promise! Just keep watching this space. I'm finishing the final specs now. It promises to be a good one.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Treecko 93 Guest

Sorry that I didn't reply! ^^; Anyway, you've definatley improved. As Shiny J said, could use a bit more descriprion, but it's fine. Also, I see that you're getting the length down-pat. Good luck with chapter 7.

Here it is, don't be mad if you don't like it

Chapter Seven

Tracey stared up at the gaping hole that was the entrance to a cave through Mount Moon. A cold mist blew out of it, and yet he didn’t budge. He continued to stare into the darkness, as if expecting a certain thing to happen.

“Tracey, what’s the…oh!” Logan hurried toward Tracey, slipping and sliding down a rocky slope that was treacherously deep. Bulby ran up to the edge and grabbed Logan with his Vine Whip to steady her movements. Logan walked up to where Tracey stood. Bulby and Rikelec fell into line behind Logan.

“On the other side of this tunnel, we should come to Cerulean City,” Logan said, looking at Tracey. He merely nodded.

“Well… let’s go…in, shall we?” Logan was puzzled at Tracey’s behavior. She started walking forward.

“This is where It happened.” Tracey’s voice was dull and flat sounding to Logan.
    She looked back.

“What?” Logan took a step toward her friend.

“My dad used to be a Pokemon trainer, too. He loved Pokemon, and he was the best of friends with his starting Pokemon, Charmander. He was able to beat Flint in Pewter City using only his Charmander. But, while traveling through this cave, he was hit by an Onix. He was knocked out. When he came to, his Charmander had run away, and he was badly bruised. He dragged himself out of the tunnel, and vowed to himself he would never put his faith in Pokemon again.”

Tracey looked down at Bulby, who hadn’t heard a single word of the conversation, and smiled sadly.

“That’s…awful” Logan said, lost for words. She looked at Tracey, with the golden sunlight streaming down on his dirty blonde hair. It was in moments like these that Logan noticed how handsome a person Tracey was. She put an arm around him and gave him a comforting hug. She looked into his blue eyes and firmly said,

“Come on, Tracey. Bulby will never abandon you, and you know it.”

“Bulba!” Bulby’s voice was somehow reassuring. Tracey put on a smile.

“Let’s go!”

And without another word, they walked into the dark. There was silence.

“Uhhhh… anyone have a match?” Tracey’s voice was swallowed up in the gloom.
    “No. Oh. My. God. Where’s the doorway?” Logan’s voice was panicky.

“Bulba!”

“Elike!”

Bulby and Rikelec were yelling from someplace far from where Tracey was standing.

“Who’s there?” A voice echoed in the dark cavern. A familiar voice. A light appeared at the far end of the tunnel. Footsteps sounded in the gloom.

“We’re over here!” Logan yelled. The footsteps stopped, and then started towards Tracey and Logan. The familiar spiky yellow hair and cold gray eyes of Vincent were suddenly illuminated.

“You!” Tracey cried out.

“Yes, me. And I see that you haven’t caught any more Pokemon,” the teen said, as he drew level with the group. Logan found a lamp in her bag and lit it, desperate for light.

“Your Charmander! It evolved!” Tracey cried in disbelief, staring at the Charmeleon who was lighting up the room.

“Yes, it has. And I see your pathetic excuse of a starter hasn’t. But that should be expected of a novice trainer like you. Only real trainers evolve their Pokemon. It’s the only way they’ll get any stronger.” A sneer played across the hard features of Vincent’s face.

“Take that back!” Tracey yelled, stepping forward.

“What if I don’t?”

“Then you’ll have to battle me! I’ll prove unevolved Pokemon can be just as good as evolved ones!!”

“Fine. I don’t know why you’re wasting your time. Let’s make it a two on two knock out round. No substitutions.” Vincent had lay down the deal. Tracey couldn’t refuse.

“Okay. Go, Rikelec!” Rikelec jumped forward, eager to battle. Vincent chuckled, and took out one of his own Poke Balls.

“Let’s win this, Rhydon!” With that, a gigantic rhino-like Pokemon appeared in a brilliant red flash, its huge horn drilling at the air. Tracey gulped.

“Why don’t you give up before even attempting to beat me?” Vincent taunted.

“Just because Rikelec has a type, level, and evolutionary disadvantage doesn’t mean he’ll lose!” Tracey realized the sentence sounded dumb even to his own ears. Vincent smiled.

“Rhydon, use Magnitude attack!” Vincent ordered, starting a battle that would be a long and harsh one. Rhydon jumped up, and smashed his bulky legs into the ground. The Magnitude attack fizzled out before starting.

“Wha!?!” Vincent cried out.

“Magnitude has different levels of power. You just hit a Magnitude 1. It did no damage whatsoever!” Tracey exclaimed.

“Fine. Rhydon, use Rock Blast!”

“Rhhhyoo!” Rhydon screeched, slamming its muscular arm into the ground. Rocks fell from the ceiling, raining down on Rikelec.

“Rikelec, use Quick Attack to dodge the rocks!” Tracey commanded, as rocks collapsed on his Pokemon. Rikelec disappeared for a second, and then re-appeared in front of Rhydon.

“Elike!!!” It yelped before slamming its body into Rhydon’s bulky gray body. Surprisingly, Rhydon took the damage hard. It slammed into the stone wall of the cave and rocks rained onto its head.

“Rhydon!” Vincent cried.

“Good. Now, Rikelec, Bite down on Rhydon!” Tracey yelled.

“Big mistake. Rhydon, Mega Punch!” Vincent yelled. Rhydon raised its fist and punched Rikelec hard. Rikelec yelped and hit the ground, hard. Tracey flinched, but looked confident. He waited for Static to Paralyze Rhydon. It never happened.

“Rhydon, Megahorn!” Vincent shouted, ordering his Pokemon forward.

“No! Rikelec!” Tracey cried. Rhydon hit Rikelec’s already limp body with Megahorn. Rikelec whimpered, and collapsed.

“Rikelec!” Tracey ran to his faithful Pokemon, and rubbed Rikelec’s soft green and yellow fur.

“Ready to give up?” Vincent asked.

“As if. Go get Rhydon, Bulby!” Tracey shouted, returning Rikelec.

“Bulba!” Bulby said, eager to battle Rhydon.
    “If you think you’re gonna win, you are so wrong!” Tracey said, a bit more confident than he should have been.

“Do as you want. Rhydon, Blizzard!” Vincent screamed.

“Bulby, Double Team! Dodge Blizzard!” Tracey said, knowing that if Blizzard hit, it would be the end for Bulby.

Icy cold hail sped towards Bulby, who struggled to do a Double Team Attack…

To Be Continued…

Not as long as I had hoped, but it ends in a cliffhanger... I should have Chapter Eight up by Friday at the latest.

Later,
    ~Bulby

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

roodude15 Guest

I got your pm and your story is getting better. However, sorry if I am sounding to harsh but there were some things I didn't like. I didn't like the fact that Vincent had a Rhydon also the chapter seemed sort of rushed. I am sorry if this sounded rude but otherwise it was very good. You gave it a good amount of description and I like the fact that it has a cliffhanger at the end. Keep it up.

~roo~

I noticed that the pace was rushed, I apologize, that'll change next chapter. Why don't you like Vincent's Rhydon? I wanted to prove that all he cares about is large, evolved Pokemon. I also needed to give Rikelec a type disadvantage, against a Pokemon from Kanto that hadn't been used already. So you end up with Rhydon.

roodude15 Guest

Yeah sorry about that. I didn't really like Vincent's rhydon because I guess considering that it can be powerful I thought it was a little to early. Sorry about that. I did like the chapter though. Please pm me when you post up your newest chapter.

~roo~

Indigo Guest

Hmmm. Nice fic you've got here, Bulby! Length could use a little work, and maybe a teeny bit more description, but I really like it! The battles are interesting, and I liked the cliffhanger in the last one.

Keep it up!

~Indigo

Yay!!! Thanks, Indigo. I'm glad you like it. Yeah, I'm working on length. Thanks for telling me that!

Later,
    ~Bulby

EDIT: Sorry for not updating in a while, guys, I was on a twelve day vacation. I'll have the next chapter up tomorrow, or possibly tonight. Cheers!

~Bulby

Motig Guest

Nice chapter, short, but nice. It did seemed rushed, but what i find is good, in the heat of a battle rushing it gives tension and a WOW feeling. Although, don't rush as much as possible, because thats bad.

Good luck with chapter 8 Bulba.

Your mate

Shiny

L100Meganium Guest

Wow. I just discovered this fic today, and I like it a whole lot!! Though it needs a bit more discription, the chapters kept me glued to my seat. Well Done! ^_^

Here it is, after many vacations (and punishments from my mom) I have completed Chapter Eight! Logan actually plays a part in this one!

Chapter Eight

Blizzard swirled towards Bulby. Just before hitting, Bulby glowed and split up into a blurred circle of Bulbasaur, whirling around the Blizzard attack. The attack passed right through the Double Team.

“Yes! Now, Bulby, Use Razor Leaf!” Tracey yelled.

“Oh no you don’t! Rhydon, Flamethrower!” Vincent yelled, throwing a leer at Tracey. The Pokemon released their attacks.

“Bulba!” Bulby yelled in despair, seeing his Razor Leaf burn to a crisp.

“No! Bulby, Jump out of the way!” Tracey yelled. Bulby nodded and jumped upward with its Vine Whip. Flamethrower passed under Bulby and scorched the side of Tracey’s face. Tracey gingerly touched his cheek and winced.

“Finish it, Rhydon! Horn Drill!” Vincent ordered.

“Bulby! Try to grab Rhydon’s Horn with your Vine Whip!” Tracey commanded desperately. Bulby reached his Vine Whip toward Rhydon, whose large Horn, the one feature that was all that was needed to intimidate, started slowly spinning clockwise. Bulby’s Vine wrapped around the Horn. Rhydon closed its eyes in concentration.

“Come on, Rhydon! What are you waiting for?” Vincent screamed, egging his Pokemon on.

“Bulby! Keep holding, and use Razor Leaf!” Tracey cried. Bulby held his ground and released a Razor Leaf from his Bulb. Rhydon’s eyes widened in fear at the barrage of leaves heading towards it. Bulby released just at the right time. Rhydon stumbled back, and tripped over a rock. It collapsed.

“No! Rhydon!!” Vincent ran to his Pokemon’s side. Rhydon groaned, and collapsed.

“Yes!!!” Tracey yelled, scooping up his Pokemon and hugging it.

“It isn’t over yet. Get him, Charmeleon.” Vincent was oddly calm. Tracey gulped.

“Char…” The Pokemon’s eyes glared an almost reddish color as it growled in its low, gravelly voice. Everything about Charmeleon, from its long, menacing claws, to its strong, muscular tail, had doom written all over it. Bulby trembled in Tracey’s arms.

“You don’t have to fight, Bulby. I can always forfeit,” Tracey whispered to his companion.

“Bulba, Saur, Bulbasaur!” Bulby replied. He hopped out of Tracey’s arms and landed steadily on the rocky floor. Tracey looked at the small, spotted green figure of his Pokemon and set his face.

“All right. Bulby, Sleep Powder!” Tracey ordered, wondering if they even stood a chance against Vincent.

“Nothing doing. Charmeleon, Protect!” Vincent said. His voice was dripping with confidence. Tracey had never felt more different from that in his life. Charmeleon glowed a jade color, and a bubble appeared in front of it. Sleep Powder slid right off of it.

“Bulby… um…” Tracey trailed off, wondering which attack could get through Protect.

“Tracey!!” Logan’s voice echoed through the cavern. “Protect gets less accurate every time a Pokemon uses it!”

Tracey looked at Logan and smiled, a plan forming in his mind.

“Bulby, Hit Charmeleon with a barrage of Razor Leaf attacks!” Tracey looked at Bulby. His Pokemon was breathing heavily, but at his command, Bulby released the razor-sharp leaves from his back.

“Don’t you know anything about Pokemon? Charmeleon, Protect!” Vincent yelled. He was still maintaining that calm look in his steely eyes.

“Just where I wanted him. Bulby, Tackle Charmeleon from behind!” Tracey ordered.

“Charmeleon, Iron Tail!” Vincent yelled. Charmeleon hit Bulby with Iron Tail before Tracey’s Pokemon could prepare itself. Bulby went down, hard.

“And that’s a wrap!” Vincent said. He quietly turned and walked away, Charmeleon behind him. Tracey glared down the tunnel at him. He looked down at Bulby, and kneeled down next to his comrade.

“We need to hurry through Mount Moon, Logan. Bulby is holding onto consciousness, but just barely.”

“Tracey, you’re not looking good yourself.” Logan said, worried. Tracey felt the side of his face again. The burn from Rhydon’s Flamethrower was still there.

“One day, I’ll get him back!” Tracey growled, flinching from the burn.

“It’s all right. Just don’t lose your temper. Keep cool, Tracey,” Logan said soothingly, rubbing his arm. Tracey looked at his friend. He fought to stay calm. The burn sent a throbbing pain through his head whenever he talked.

The two friends walked through the long tunnel, quiet, with only the occasional,
    “This way,” or, “Don’t trip over that Geodude.” Tracey wanted to capture another Pokemon, but as his Pokemon were in no condition to help, he could only half-heartedly throw a Poke Ball at one or two. Logan noticed that Tracey looked five years older than he had before the battle with Vincent. When asked how he was feeling, Tracey would merely reply, “Tired”.

Just when Logan thought there was never going to be sunlight again, after three days of walking and sleeping, the friends finally saw light ahead. Tracey ran towards the tunnel’s end, desperate for light. Upon reaching the end, he let out a deep sigh, as if he had been holding his breath the whole time.

“We’re there!” Logan said, appearing beside Tracey. Logan looked over at her traveling companion. His face had turned a milky white color, except where he had been burnt by Rhydon. Even after three days, the burn glowed afresh on his pale face. Logan was sure that after three days in the dark, she was probably just as pale.

Tracey nodded at his friend, and the two stepped out into the sunlight, walking toward the city cradled by mountains, Cerulean.

“So what’s the gym like?” Tracey asked.

“Wha- Oh, let me see… the book says it’s run by a girl named Misty. She uses water types.” Tracey grinned at this statement.

“Bulby and Rikelec will have no problem, then!”

“Don’t be so sure of yourself, Tracey. Remember, she’s not a Gym Leader without strategies.”

Finally, after hiking down the side of Mount Moon, the two reached the Cerulean Pokemon Center. Upon walking inside, Tracey noticed the difference in this one. In the Pewter City Pokemon Center, there were very few people, merely milling around. This place, though, was packed with Pokemon trainers, all fighting over spots in the long line that curled through the Pokemon Center. The Nurse Joy that worked there was running back and forth, looking distressed and tired.

“What’s going on?” Tracey wondered aloud.

“Look over there!” Logan said, pointing toward a poster on the Center’s bulletin board,

“2,000 yeni reward for defeat or capture of the Skarmory that has been terrifying the Cerulean Cape.” Tracey read.

“I guess all these trainers have failed to defeat it in battle.” Logan remarked, staring at the long line.

“Let’s go get it!” Tracey said, suddenly seeming full of life.

“Hold on! You’re not going anywhere until your Pokemon are healed and that burn of yours is treated!” Logan said, grabbing Tracey by the cuff of his vest. Tracey smiled sheepishly, and the two got in line for treatment.

An hour and a half later, Tracey walked out the Pokemon Center with Logan right next to him. Bulby was tagging along happily, while Rikelec seemed deep in his mind, staring at the ground, and not even making a sound. Tracey didn’t notice this.

“Cerulean Cape should be this way,” he said, pointing toward a winding path through a valley in the mountains. He had been upbeat and lively ever since Nurse Joy had rubbed an oil extracted from a Miltank’s milk on his burn.

“Whatever you say,” muttered Logan, who had wanted to rest shortly before leaving the Center. As they started walking up the path, a shadow swooped down on Tracey.

“Tracey, look out!” Logan shrieked, but a moment too late. Tracey stumbled, falling backwards. Logan held out her hand and he took it.

“What was that?” He asked, rubbing his head. A piercing high-pitched screech rang out through the darkening sky.

“Three guesses what,” Logan groaned, as a Large Skarmory swooped in for the kill. Its fierce orange eyes stared defiantly at her as its gleaming silver armor, and gray tail, razor sharp, took form. It knocked Tracey over. His head hit a rock, and Tracey fell, unconscious. Bulby jumped in front of his trainer, ready to fight to the death for his master. Skarmory’s eyes puffed in silent laughter at Bulby’s pathetic attempt.

“No! Tracey!” Logan yelled. She ran for her friend, but slipped and fell. She hit the ground, hard. The picture in her eyes started dimming. She saw Skarmory scream and swoop down at Bulby, but then the world closed in on Logan, and she blacked out…

To be continued…

How do you like it?
    (I apologize for length)

Indigo Guest

Ooooooh! Me-ish like this story! ^^

I'll tell you something true--this story reminds me so much of The Mountain. It's really a pleasure to read, because your writing style is so much like mine used to be. You move things along and make it fun to read. Good job.

Now, onto the review part of reviewing. A few plot errors; A Bulbasaur can't defeat a Rhydon, it just doesn't seem credible. Maybe if it were a Rhyhorn instead, you'd just make the margin line.
    Bulbasaur seems really attached to Tracey, willing to risk his life for him. Not too common at the second gym unless Tracey's done something really special for Bulby. Has he?

Maybe a tiny more description, too. Your description of Cerulean was lacking, and so was the description of the Pokémon Center. In short, surrounding description. Also, get inside the character's heads with description: how they hear it, smell it, feel it, maybe even taste it.

Length was always my weakness, so it's no wonder it's yours as well. We're two peas in a pod, you and I. I'd try to help you get more length, but...I can't, really. Just do your best.

Anyway, this is really a nice story, Bulbs! Keep it up!

~Indy

Motig Guest

I found the length fine, but description does need work like Indigo said. The battle was fine. Nice Cliffy at the end. I think something will happen with Rikelec. But who knows.

Good luck with the next chapter Bulbs

Your mate

Shiny

roodude15 Guest

Like the two before me said, it needed more description. I honestly enjoyed this chapter the most. It was definately better than the last. It doesn't matter how short a fic is as long as you can still make it as descriptive as you can. Description plays a big role toa good fic. I did like the cliffhanger. Thank you for the pm and I look forward for the next chapter.

~roo~

L100Meganium Guest

NO! What happens next?! Darn cliffhangers....

Now, I know that Pokémon aren't evil, but Skarmory seems.....well.....EVIL. I hope Bulby can take it! And Rikelec, I'm guessing it's feeling bad after losing....hm.....anyway, keep it up! ^_^

Yeah, I'm working on descriiption, thanks guys. Indigo, Bulby won against Rhydon Only because Charmeleon needed a revenge match. I was going to make it lose. Yes, Rikelec is feeling bad after losing, and Bulby is being so loyal because he lost against Jiroo and Vincent, and now he wants to prove himself to his trainer. He is also unusually loyal. I'll work on describing the surroundings better. Thanks, everyone!

~Bulby

Oh, yeah, and something will happen with Rikelec. It won't be big, but something is happening.

Well, sorry for double posting, but here's Chapter Nine!

Chapter Nine

“Do ya think that Bulbasaur stands a chance, Boss?” A slightly anxious, deep voice broke through the small cave in which a half dozen shadowy figures were sitting, watching from a distance as a Bulbasaur stood over its trainer, who was unconscious.

“No. Not against a Skarmory. Especially an abnormally large one. But there is an Electrike there. It may have a small chance.” This statement was uttered from the throat of a second person, his words having a slight German accent to them. The figures watched as a second human rushed towards the prone figure, slipped, and fell. Both figures lay limp on the ground. The large Skarmory swept the Bulbasaur aside and landed on the first trainer, the boy. Just before it could take off, it let out a screech that echoed through the large valley and fell, releasing the boy.

“What just happened, Boss?” A new voice spoke, this one female.

“Are you blind?” replied voice two, “the Electrike used Spark Attack on it!”
    The shadowy figures watched, entranced.

Back on the ground, a battle had ensued. Skarmory puffed out its chest and flapped its metallic wings. Rikelec wasn’t intimidated. It bared its teeth and leapt for it. The large bird flew out of the way and Rikelec landed hard on a large boulder. All it could do was whimper while Skarmory extended its long talons towards him. Suddenly, long olive-colored vines wrapped around the Pokemon’s long neck, pulling it back. Bulby had gotten up, and it was now releasing a fine trickle of golden dust at the well- armored Pokemon. The Skarmory looked fiercely at Bulby, swayed, and fell to the ground with a surprisingly graceful motion.

“Bulbasaur, Saur, Saur,” the Pokemon said in a frantic tone. Rikelec nodded and jumped to the ground.

“Electrike!” it growled, sending a jolt of electricity at Tracey. Bulby jumped onto Tracey’s chest, staring with large watery eyes at his master. Tracey stirred. His eyes half- blinked. He coughed and sat up. Bulby fell down into his lap.

“Huh… what?” Tracey asked blearily. He looked down. “Bulby!” He hugged his Pokemon.

“And Rikelec!” he exclaimed, looking over. Rikelec, though relieved his trainer was okay, merely nodded solemnly at Tracey. Tracey’s eyes fell on Logan.

“Oh, No!” he gasped. He rushed over to her and propped her head up. He took her hand quickly and squeezed it.

“No, Please! Logan, wake up!” Tracey shook her head gently. Logan merely lay limp on his legs. He looked over her beautiful pale face, and stroked her blonde hair. He was so absorbed in waking his friend up that he didn’t notice the six Sky Blue and Slate clad humans climbing down the rocky slope towards Skarmory. They stole across the valley floor and quietly approached Skarmory.

“Hold on! Rikelec, hit her with an electric surge!” Tracey said, moving away from Logan’s body. Rikelec nodded and shocked Logan. When nothing happened, he shocked her again. Logan moved slightly. Tracey shook her again. Logan blinked. She looked up and beamed at Tracey.

“Thank you,” she whispered. Tracey grinned. Suddenly, a great shriek echoed through the air. Tracey looked over the rocky landscape and jumped up in surprise. The Skarmory had awakened to find itself in a net, being dragged up the side of a mountain. The group of uniformed humans looked up as a voice rang out in the dusk.

“What are you doing?!?” Logan yelled. Tracey ran towards them.

“Who do you think you are, stealing that Skarmory?” Tracey shouted, starting up the slope.

“Why, don’t you know? We’re Team Skye. The name’s Skylar.” answered a voice that had a hint of a German accent. The man who was dragging the net stepped forward. Stepping into the little light available, Tracey registered the man’s features. He had cold, steely-gray eyes, so much like Vincent’s glare, peering out from underneath rather thick eyebrows. He had a prominent nose and a smirk planted upon his face. A small pointed goatee ran from his chin, dyed, like his hair, a pale Teal color, which matched his outfit perfectly. His hair was tied back in a ponytail. He gave the distinct impression of a man that was not to be played with. Tracey froze in his tracks.

“What are you doing to that Skarmory?” Logan asked.

“Hello? We’re netting it. It doesn’t take a genius to figure that out. Come on, Team, let’s take it to Cerulean and collect that reward!” Skylar hitched the net into his hands and his grunts fell in line behind him.

“No! You can’t take that!” Tracey yelled.

“Why not? Nobody owns it. It’s perfectly legal, is it not?” Skylar asked.

“Well… umm…” Tracey replied lamely. Skylar laughed, a laugh that was cold as his eyes.

“Stop! I challenge you to a battle!” Logan yelled.

“Fine. I have no objections to a double battle.” Skylar indicated to one of his followers.
    “Come here, Aiden.” He smirked. A massively built person stepped forward. He, too, gave a broad smile that looked more like a leer.

“But I didn’t mean…” Logan said, but she appeared unwilling to argue with Skylar. Tracey tensed for battle.

“It’s settled then. Let’s go, Scyther!” Skylar threw a ball that was decorated with a sort of Net pattern.

“You too, Gligar!” the man called Aiden yelled in an unusually high, whiny voice. He, too, threw a Net Ball. In a flash of Yellow Green light, a Lime-colored Pokemon, with sharp scythes for arms and a set of glossy wings on its back appeared, along with Plum-colored Pokemon that had skin stretched between its clawed arms and small legs. Both had a slightly evil feel of them, perhaps because both sets of eyes were narrowed at Tracey and Logan in great dislike.

“Uh… Okay, Go get them, Rikelec!” Tracey ordered. Rikelec seemed to snap out of a reverie and obeyed, jumping into the arena.

“Let’s go, Squirtle!” Logan shouted. She threw a Poke Ball out onto the field. Squirtle appeared in a flash of Scarlet light, smiling and waving its Light Blue arms.

“Go.” Skylar said, menacingly.

“Gligar, Slash Attack the Electrike!” yelled Aiden in his nasal tone.

“Scyther, Fury Cutter on that Squirtle!” Skylar shouted, obviously sure he would win.

“Okay, Rikelec, use Spark attack on Gligar!” Tracey ordered. He looked over at Logan.

“Alright, Squirtle, Headbutt the Scyther!” Logan shouted. Rikelec and Squirtle looked at each other and then leaped towards their opponents. Scyther raised its arm as Squirtle raced towards it. Squirtle realized too late what was going to happen. Scyther’s Fury Cutter hit Squirtle hard, and the Pokemon hit the ground hard.

Meanwhile, Rikelec’s fur stood on end as its fur crackled with electricity. He jumped into the air at Aiden’s Gligar. Gligar moved back from impact, but appeared unaffected. It proceeded to Slash Rikelec. It fell down on top of Squirtle. Both Pokemon had been defeated in one hit.

“What happened? Why didn’t Spark work?” Tracey asked, stunned.

“It’s elementary, my dear child. Gligar is part Flying and part Ground type. Electric attacks don’t affect it!” Skylar cackled, returning his Pokemon. He turned, and his teammates followed him over the pass.

“Wait!” Logan shouted, but the last of the team and Skarmory disappeared. Logan turned and ran to Tracey, who was merely standing in the same spot, looking paralyzed.

“I lost. I failed the Skarmory. I failed Rikelec. I failed…” he trailed off and stared pointedly at Logan. She walked up to him.

“It’s okay, Tracey. Everyone loses. It’s part of life. Good guys can’t always win.” She gave a weak smile and wiped some drying blood off of his ear where his head had hit the rock.

“C’mon. Let’s get these guys to the Pokemon Center,” Logan said testily. Tracey just stood, transfixed and glaring at the spot where Skylar had last stood.

“Come on!” Logan grunted, pulling Tracey toward his Pokemon. Bulby had been nudging Rikelec’s head, calling for his fellow Pokemon to wake up. Rikelec opened his almond-shaped eyes and stared up into Tracey’s face. Tracey looked so forlorn, Rikelec momentarily forgot his anger at himself. He whimpered and licked Tracey’s face.

“Rikelec, it’s my fault you lost. I’m sorry I did this to you. I’m so sorry… I … I …” Tracey’s voice swelled with emotion and he covered his face. It was too much for him. Logan hugged him comfortingly.

“Let’s get out of this place. We need to heal the Pokemon,” she said pleadingly.

“Pokemon… right…” Tracey mumbled. He stood up. It appeared he was holding back his emotions, because his face was taut.

“Come along, Rikelec, Bulby. Let’s go.” His Pokemon followed obediently. Logan hung behind, trying to revive Squirtle. When it showed no sign of waking, she returned it to its Poke Ball and ran to catch up with Tracey.

When Tracey ran into the Pokemon Center, it was very different from last time. There was hardly anyone in the place, and the people there were silent. The wanted poster had been taken down. The Indigo color of the wallpaper was almost too much for Tracey, who had gotten used to the Granite color of the mountains on the cape.

“What can I do for you, Tracey?” asked Nurse Joy.

“My Rikelec was injured on the cape by some jerks calling themselves Team…”

“Skye?” Nurse Joy asked.

“How’d you…?” Logan asked, stepping forward.

“There have been several reports of a certain Team Skye terrorizing any trainer with flying types. Apparently, they formed after Team Rocket disbanded two months ago.”
    “Oh. Well, what can we do about it? They escaped with that Skarmory!” Logan said urgently.

“I know. They collected their reward only a few minutes ago. They kindly informed us that they would burn the Pokemon Center down if any of us informed the authorities.”

“That’s horrible!” Tracey said. Nurse Joy nodded.

“But, enough of that. Let’s heal those Pokemon!” she said. Logan and Tracey handed over the Pokemon.

Half an hour later, the two were walking up to the Cerulean Gym.

“I like what they’ve done with the place,” Tracey muttered. He was referring to the frills of Magenta and Gold surrounding the sign stating “Cerulean Gym”. There was a large picture of a Dewgong over it.

“What a difference from the Pewter Gym!” Logan commented.

“Yeah. Wow.” Tracey was pretty far from excited.

“Tracey, you can’t let that one loss leave you like this. Look, Bulby and Rikelec are both strong against water types. You’ve got nothing to worry about!” Logan said, looking at his Pokemon.

“Your right. Maybe I should just let it go.” Tracey was still looking crestfallen.

“I know you should.” Logan said with relief.

“Yeah. Let’s do it!” Tracey exclaimed, running into the gym. Logan sighed with exasperation and chased after him, ready to fight Misty.

To be continued….

I worked pretty hard on this one, though it may not seem like it!

roodude15 Guest

Well it shows that you worked hard on this chapter. It had a nice flow and description is getting better. I liked this chapter a lot. There is one mistake I found
    The Indigo color of
    don't capitalize your colors. Thnx for the pm.

~roo~

Oh. I didn't know that Thanks, roodude!

L100Meganium Guest

Heh, I bet Indigo would appreciate it though....XD!

Anyway, it's a wonderful chapter, Bulby! I felt so bad for both Tracey and Rikelec. I hope the Skarmory is allright, even if it IS mean....

Keep it up! ^__^

Meganium, Skarmory will make an appearance again in one of the coming chapters... can't tell you which one, 'cause I don't know which myself! Glad you liked the chapter!

You write good stories Bulba, but I've a question...do you have plans to evolve any of those Pokemon Tracey and Logan have? And do you have any plans to have William make a surprise appearance, turning out to be a strong contender?

Hi Blue Aurora, glad to see another review... yes, one or two of their Pokemon will evolve eventually, somewhere around Vermillion City... I just don't want to rush things. Logan's Weedle evolved, but I guess that was expected! You know, I don't plan to do anything with William, like Tracey said, he's a nerd. But he may make a cameo in an upcoming chapter....

Later,
    ~Bulby

Motig Guest

Nice chapter. Roodude said it all. Nice descprition, its getting better as is the length. Good luck with more chapters. This fic is getting better.

Your mate

Shiny

Thanks, Shiny. Chapter Ten will be delayed, 'cause school's starting for me today.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast