Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One of Many

Great cliffhanger Bulba!
    Please Review My First Pokemon Fanfic, Champion of the Wild!!!

Thanks, Blue Aurora. Ermmm... cookie? Or pie, take your pick.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Well, this certainly is unusual-double post, 20 minutes past midnight, only two days after Chapter Eleven was posted-I have written Chapter Twelve! It will appear sloppily done, but I just finished it-I couldn't stop. Please read, and review best you can.

Chapter Twelve-One of Many

Logan Clements was in shock. Her best friend, whom she had known for thirteen years, was laying motionless on the floor, bleeding—Possibly to death. The creature that had caused this sudden injury was now closing its talons over the frail form of Tracey Morgan’s Skarmory, Skar. The creature, a Fearow, glared at Logan. It seemed to be daring her to attack it. A sinister laugh was sounding through the room. But none of that mattered to her. Tracey was clinging helplessly to consciousness, scarlet blood blossoming from his right arm. Tears formed in Logan’s eyes.

“Tracey! No. Oh, My God, this is not happening. Tracey, God, Tracey, get up!” Tracey drew one rattling breath, struggling to keep alive, one last breath, and went limp. Logan wept, and glared at the horrible creature. She threw herself at the Fearow, not caring what happened. The Fearow dropped Skar and flared its wings. Logan kept going. She would take it down, the creature that had taken her friend’s life. The Pokemon rammed its head into Logan, her body flying into the wall. There was an unpleasant cracking sound. She slid, landing on top of a desk, then falling to the floor. Her vision was blurring. Strange, how a single creature could take a life so mercilessly. Logan felt her heart slow down. She knew this was the end. She said one last sentence.

“Tracey…I…I…love…you…please answer…please…anse…ans…an…” Before losing all sight, she saw a flash of yellow sparks and a blob of yellow-green…what a pretty color, she thought. And Logan Clements passed out of life.

Bulby and Rikelec had watched the entire scene in shock, up until the Fearow had attacked Logan. Bulby laid its head on Rikelec, crying. Tears streamed down Rikelec’s face, too. Tears of anger. The Pokemon’s lime green fur stood on end. The canine let out a fierce bark, and crashed into Fearow, electricity frying the Pokemon. It fell limp on the ground, its eyes losing the fierce expression. It now had an almost pitiful, sad expression, of a Pokemon who had been caught on the side of right or wrong, who had lost its way. Rikelec didn’t care. It ran to its master’s side, whimpering. It licked at the large wound, blood still pouring from it. Rikelec lay next to its master, his soul dying with his master. Bulby joined Rikelec, tears pouring down its face. The two loyal Pokemon stopped moving.

The source of the sinister laugh, which had been sounding the whole time, was revealed. Out of the window frame stepped a tall, dark figure. It was Skylar, head of Team Skye. He was clad in a tan, armor-covered flying suit now, complete with a pair of goggles. He took them off and surveyed the carnage he had created in shock. He jumped down to the side of Skar, the Pokemon he had meant to steal in the first place. It was laying unmoving next to the prone form of Fearow. He stroked Skar’s head sadly. None of this was meant to happen. He was supposed to break in, steal the Skarmory, and be gone. The small part of Skylar that had regretted his mistake of founding Team Skye broke free of its constraints. He suddenly started weeping.

“No, this is all wrong! Curse you, to hell with you, Skylar!” He could have committed suicide, right then and there. But he looked upon the face of the youth he had met once before, Tracey, wasn’t it? There was life left in him, life that could be saved. He whistled. The Pokemon he had rode to the windowsill burst in, Skar’s mother. The Pokemon looked upon the scene. Broken furniture was strewn on the floor. Scarlet blood lay in pools around the same male trainer she had encountered up by the cliffs. He was unmistakably dying. It recognized the trainer’s Pokemon, a Bulbasaur and an Electrike, laying by his side, stained with blood. In a corner of the room, a young girl she also recognized was strewn under a table, clearly bereft of life. A small group of Pokemon was weeping next to her, touching her head, trying to find signs of life. And there, in the center of the room, was her master, huddled next to his Fearow and…her baby! Skarmory swooped upon her dear newborn, silently weeping.

“Skarmory, we cannot waste time mourning. There is still life in this room-it can be saved. Find Nurse Joy and alert her immediately.” Skylar looked a wreck. His cold, gray eyes, usually devoid of emotion, were now sad, and dead looking. His sleek teal hair had fallen out of its ponytail. His cheeks were wet, his large nose flushed. His voice, which normally contained a small accent, was now harsh, and indifferent. Skarmory nodded immediately. The Pokemon broke through the door, and swooped into the hall. Skylar nodded, and crawled over to Tracey. There was now no signs of life, no breath, no heartbeat.

“You can’t die!” Skylar shouted in rage. He slammed his fist against the floor. He ripped off a small portion of his armor-coated suit, and wrapped it around the boy’s arm. The cloth was instantly dyed a bright scarlet. All he could do was hope. On hindsight, Skylar realized he and this boy were not so different. Each lost in the world, with a goal to fight side by side with Pokemon. Skylar’s mistake was letting himself fall off that path. He now turned his attention to the girl, who was lying in a heap in the corner. He couldn’t see any actual sign of injury. It must have been concussion, or possibly even spinal damage. If the latter were true, this girl was dead, no hope of salvation. Skylar was past rage. He lay, silent and drained of all hope, next to Logan’s weeping Pokemon.

“What is the meaning of this? I was awaken by--Holy sh…” Nurse Joy stood at the doorway, Skarmory behind her.

“What on earth has happened?” Nurse Joy asked. She ran to Tracey, and realized immediately what the problem was.

“Is there anyone in here?” she asked, immediately unwrapping Tracey’s wound. She started pouring a strange liquid on it. The bleeding stopped for a moment, then continued.

“I…I’m here.” Skylar stood up, his head drooped.

“My word, you’re Skylar, of Team Skye!”

“No, really? We have no time for accusations, Nurse, and that’s the truth. There are two dying humans in this room, and three fading Pokemon. You’d better get them the bloody hell out of here and into surgery right now!”

“But, sir, this is a Pokemon hospital. We cannot treat humans!”

“Now! Can you not see? This is no matter of hospital bills, or which medicine cures best. There are five souls on the line here!”

“I—I’ll do my best, sir.”
    …………………………………………………….

It was quiet in the home of Beth Morgan. Her husband was asleep, along with her two children, but she had been unable to sleep. She had the strangest sensation something terrible was happening. She was pacing her dining room floor, unable to sit in one place. Her worst fears were confirmed when the telephone rang, shortly after midnight. She immediately picked it up, and was quick to say:

“Morgan residence, Bethany Morgan at your service.”

“Dr. Morgan? Do you have any relation to the person Tracey Morgan?” A female voice was on the other line.

“Yes, I’m his mother. Is he there? Let me speak to him!”

“We cannot enable that, Dr. Morgan. This is Nurse Joy, calling from the Cerulean Pokemon Center.”

“A nurse? What’s happened to my son?” Beth Morgan felt a shiver go down her spine before her answer came.

“He is currently lying in a hospital bed in our surgical ward. He is…I don’t know what to say…he is dying.”

…………………………………………………….

Skylar was sitting in the hospital room next to Tracey, who had several wires and such running from his now pale body. He was suffering from blood loss. If the blood were not replaced within the hour, Tracey Morgan would be no more. Logan’s condition, however, was worse. Her spinal cord was fractured. If it were not corrected, she, too, would die. Bulby and Rikelec were in something of a coma, apparently in shock. Fearow had been quickly healed-electrical injuries were easily fixed.

“Mr. Skylar, sir? There are guests here to see the patients. Should I let them in?” asked an assistant nurse, Nurse Jo.

“Guests? Let them in, go ahead.” Skylar didn’t care. After retelling his story to Officer Jenny, he had been allowed a delay from being sentenced to mourn for the victims. He was past finished. Nothing mattered.

The ward door opened. In walked a small crowd of people, about a dozen or so. First were Tracy and Misty, who had been anxious to see the patients before…whatever happened. Then followed Beth and Mark Morgan, holding Tracey’s little brother and sister, Sammy and Courtney. Beth was beyond tears. Mark was weeping uncontrollably, Sammy and Courtney the same. Following them was pale, gray haired Professor Oak, along with Diego and William, two classmates of Tracey’s. Mr. Ghing himself was present. And finally were Patricia and Chris Clements, weeping for their daughter. All were there to pay final respects for the people they had grown to love so much. They were only allowed fifteen minutes, in which time the wrung the hands of their loved ones, speaking soothing words and final speeches that the two might not even live to hear. Mark Morgan approached Tracey last. His normally handsome face was blotchy and red now, and tears poured freely.

“Tracey,” he managed to croak, “I am…so sorry. I never…I didn’t want you…I couldn’t…Tracey, are you in there? I love you so much…And the last thing I said to you was I thought Pokemon were horrible…how…I am sorry, god, I am so sorry! How could this…?” He was overcome with tears. Beth placed a hand on his shoulders. She fought to keep a strong face. She needed to be strong. Nurse Joy had to shoo them all out of the room. Skylar refused, though.

“I am the cause of this. I want to be here, in case…” He let the sentence hang. After several attempts to move him, Nurse Joy gave up. She turned to the surgeries at hand. Two Chansey waddled into the room, each a light magenta color. One held a bag of blood, fresh and ready to be released into Tracey’s bloodstream. If the experiment failed, if the blood wouldn’t mix, Tracey was dead. The other Chansey worked on preparing the tools for surgery on Logan. She would need her spinal cord replaced. Both surgeries were risky, but this was the only chance for the two to survive. The Pokemon would be attended to later. Skylar averted his eyes. He had seen enough blood for an entire lifetime.

…………………………………………………….

“All guests who have come to visit Tracey Morgan and Logan Clements, please follow me,” Nurse Joy said, walking out of the surgical ward. The group solemnly stood up. Nurse Joy led them to a small hallway. In the middle of the hallway was a large window that looked into the ward Tracey and Logan were in. Both were lying in their hospital beds, looking peaceful and troubled at the same time.

“How are they?” Mark Morgan asked.

“The Pokemon were attended to. They seem to be in an everlasting coma. They will not awaken unless their trainers do.”
    “And how are they?”

“Logan’s surgery was a success. She should be fine.” Logan’s parents let out a long sigh.

“And Tracey? What happened to Tracey?”

“I can’t tell you how sorry I am, sir.”

“What? Do you mean to tell me…my son is…dead?”

Before Nurse Joy could answer, Skylar entered from the ward. Mr. Morgan stared at him with hatred. He felt Skylar was the cause of this(which was technically true).

“What has happened to my son, godammit!”

“Tracey had an allergic reaction to the blood used in the test. He…didn’t survive.” Skylar looked mournfully at all of Tracey’s relations. Beth Morgan burst into a fit of sobs. Professor Oak looked stunned. Diego started hyperventilating. Tracy clasped Misty’s hand. William was expressionless, whereas Sammy and Courtney mirrored their mother. Mark Morgan held back an onslaught of tears.

“He’s…gone?”

“Yes. I am sorry, Mr. Morgan.”

“How could you. You beast! You have killed my son. I’ll kill you!” Mark Morgan lunged at Skylar. The man stopped him with one hand.

“You have no idea how much I regret this, Mark.”

“That’s Mr. Morgan to you!” he snarled.

“Mr. Morgan. I have, today, taken your son’s life. I feel there is no sin greater. I know how much it hurts.”

“No you don’t! You’ll never know!”

“Yes, I do. See, I lost a child myself.”

“What?”

“Did you think I’ve never been married? My wonderful Beatrice…she died giving birth to a little girl. I never even got a chance to know my child.”

“So, now you’ve gone killing other people’s children?”

“I told you, I never wanted this to happen!”

“You lying scum!”

“I know you are mad—”

“Hold on, you two. We cannot fight in a hospital. I am mortified, Mark, that our son is dead. Do not pinpoint the blame to other people.”

“Beth, this man is the reason our son is dead! He will never complete his life. He died unhappy because this man exists.”

“I have heard out Skylar’s story, Mark. I believe he has done numerous bad things. But only one person can die today. I will not want any further death in my life.” Beth Morgan was now silently wiping away numerous tears.

“Thank you, Dr. Morgan.” Skylar, who had been expressionless for the entire argument, suddenly burst into tears. Mark and Beth hugged each other. And with that, so passed Tracey Morgan.

One of Many

I know, it is still too short, horrible description, bad taste. Not a very good ending chapter, is it? I may write a short prologue or epilogue later, so don't give up on me. One of Many still lives.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Indigo Guest

O.O

O.O

O.O

I don't believe it.

Words...words have failed me, Bulbs. I do not believe it.

...I guess I must.

What a fic. What a FIC! I don't believe he died. Well, that must be the meaning of the title, then. "One of Many"...to die. You weren't planning this, were you? If you were, I'm sorry, you're a genius.

But you're a genius anyway! The drama! The suspense! The feeling that it would all be happily ever after! The weaving of the tale...such description, emotion, Skylar...it was awesome.

This is probably one of the biggest compliments I'm ever going to give you, Bulbs, if not the greatest. This chapter has done it. This chapter has brought you out of the crowd, and into the list of authors that should be respected and honored here. This will make you known. This kind of writing is just amazing.

I'm seeing you in a whole different light. A superior. That was just...beauteous. I could never have done it. Congratulations, Bulbs. You really made a fic that stands out. And it was your first one.

...I don't even know what to say. I was wide-eyed from the end of the story to the time I started typing on the keyboard. It left me stunned. Stunned!

I need some time to recuperate from that blast of talent. Forgive me...

~Indigo

And these, my friend, are for you. You deserve them.

Thank you, so much, Indigo. A bigger honor I couldn't ask for.

You weren't planning this, were you? If you were, I'm sorry, you're a genius.
    No, actually. I don't know what came over me...But I meant for it to go on.

The weaving of the tale...such description, emotion, Skylar...it was awesome.

Glad you think so

I'm seeing you in a whole different light. A superior. That was just...beauteous. I could never have done it. Congratulations, Bulbs. You really made a fic that stands out. And it was your first one.
    I don't know what to say... *pie, pie, and more pie!*

What a fic. What a FIC! I don't believe he died. Well, that must be the meaning of the title, then. "One of Many"...to die.
    I actually didn't mean it like that... but now I think about it...

Thank you, so much. This is a huge honor. I'm going to write one final chapter, an epilogue. Kay?

Cheers!
    ~Bulby

Indigo Guest

You do that, Bulbs, you do that.

Oh, I didn't guess right about the title. Aw well. It works in a sense, doesn't it?

Again...I can't tell you enough how amazing that was to read.

wow bulba, i just read all of the fic tonight. And holy crap it was good. I was thinking the whole time i was reading, is he dead, is he dead. I never would have guessed that the ending would be like that, it was great! This fic is definatly going to get you known her, i'm so freakin jealous!

That wasn't much of a good ending Bulba....do you plan on making a sequel to finish off the plot-holes?

Motig Guest

Wow! Thats just the ending I like to a fic, and why did you say it wasn't very good? It was mint! Violence! deaths! Me like. You've come a very long way from Chapter 1. A short Epilogue would be good, since I'm abit puzzled at the ending. Although i haven't read the loooooooooooonnnnng replies. Good ending Bulbs, kinda makes me want to end my fic better. Although, this had a far better ending than FN, baring in mind that Tracey wasn't overcome with evil, and the evil dude turned good.
    Once again, great ending, never would of suspected it.

Merry Christmas!

Motig

First off, thanks again, Indigo.

Now...*cracks his knuckles, although he doesn't in real life*

wow bulba, i just read all of the fic tonight. And holy crap it was good. I was thinking the whole time i was reading, is he dead, is he dead. I never would have guessed that the ending would be like that, it was great! This fic is definatly going to get you known her, i'm so freakin jealous!
    Wow...second time this weekend I've been speechless

That wasn't much of a good ending Bulba....do you plan on making a sequel to finish off the plot-holes?
    Well, hopefully the epilogue will do that...but did you think I'd just sit back and relax when this fic is over? *hint, hint*

Wow! Thats just the ending I like to a fic, and why did you say it wasn't very good? It was mint! Violence! deaths! Me like.
    I guess I'll say thanks...

You've come a very long way from Chapter 1.
    You better hope I have!

A short Epilogue would be good, since I'm abit puzzled at the ending. Although i haven't read the loooooooooooonnnnng replies.
    Will do!

Good ending Bulbs, kinda makes me want to end my fic better. Although, this had a far better ending than FN, baring in mind that Tracey wasn't overcome with evil, and the evil dude turned good.
    Well, I've got to be original somewhere, right?

Once again, great ending, never would of suspected it.
    Actually, neither did I.
    And, for the record, third time I've been speechless this weekend.

Merry Christmas!
    That goes for everyone!

Cheers!
    ~Bulby

L100Meganium Guest

H--Hold on a minute...*cries openly*
    I'm STILL crying. My G-God, that's the f-f-first fic that I've s-seen in which the m-main character....dies. No, I'm serious. I normally don't cry this much. Bad description? It was w-wonderful!! It described the situation p-p-perfectly!! I found it weird that my name is Bethany, and there was a B-Bethany in there t-too....how come the main character died but not the other major character? They shoulda at least died together...
    Nice work, all I c-can say....

roodude15 Guest

Holy crap Bulba that was amazing. Wow the way it ended and everything.............................wow........ .......................................amazing.... .................................. it was just incredible. You started off real shaky in the beginning of chapter 1 and now look at this the last chapter of your story and you go and do that unbelievable. Out of all of the fics I have read in the past I don't recall not even one where the main character died. You have come a long way and ending it like this wow. Though with all of the good things I am saying I did find one mistake and I'm still not sure about
    I am mortified, Mark, that out son is dead
    I believe you meant our instead of out right? Otherwise the description was superb. It was an incredible story and your prologue or epilogue I am looking forward to. Kudos on your first fic and how you stuck with it no matter how long it took.

~roo~

Okay, let's see...*pie to all those who didn't get some*

Now....

H--Hold on a minute...*cries openly*
    I've never made anyone cry before, wow. I don't know what to say... I'm sorry!

Bad description? It was w-wonderful!! It described the situation p-p-perfectly!!
    I'm glad it did

I found it weird that my name is Bethany, and there was a B-Bethany in there t-too
    Really? I didn't know, obviously...I used my mom's middle name for Tracey's mom. In case you guys couldn't tell, I described Tracey as looking like me, only glorified a bit(i.e., I have shoulder length hair, blue eyes), so it's only fitting I use something in my mom's name. Although, Tracey isn't my name...I just liked it.

how come the main character died but not the other major character?
    Because, it's never been done before!

They shoulda at least died together...
    Yeah, that would have worked...but I wanted the fic to end this way. I don't know why, but I did...

Nice work, all I c-can say....
    Thanks, Meganium!

Now for roodude....

Holy crap Bulba that was amazing. Wow the way it ended and everything.............................wow........ .......................................amazing.... .................................. it was just incredible.
    Thanks you I'm glad this chapter went so well...not in that sense, but, you know!

You started off real shaky in the beginning of chapter 1 and now look at this the last chapter of your story and you go and do that unbelievable.
    Yeah, we've all been through a lot...hope you'll review my next chapter, and my next fic! (Once I start it)

Out of all of the fics I have read in the past I don't recall not even one where the main character died.
    Well, I was just trying to be original. This fic was just one of many, as the title says...I was trying to make it stand out of the crowd.

I believe you meant our instead of out right?
    -_- Whoops. I'll go edit that right now...

Otherwise the description was superb.
    I'm glad it was

It was an incredible story and your prologue or epilogue I am looking forward to. Kudos on your first fic and how you stuck with it no matter how long it took.

~roo~
    Thanks again, all of you. The eppilogue is almost done...I hate to think OoM is almost over...I hope my next fic can live up to it!

Cheers!
    ~Bulby

Double post=new chapter! Well, it's not really a chapter, as you will see. Read, review, and enjoy, guys!

One Of Many-The End of All Things

One Half of a Day after the incidents of Chapter Twelve

Logan Clements opened her eyes. It was a strange sensation to her. Her eyes had been closed for a long time, and upon opening them, she was hit by an overwhelming wave of color. She moaned and went to rub her eyes. There was something wrong with the way her arms moved, though. They were oddly stiff, and she felt a tickling sensation in her back.

“I wouldn’t try that, if I were you. Your spinal cord has just been replaced. Any movement will be awkward for another two or three days.” The voice was vaguely familiar to Logan, with a bit of a funny accent to it. If she were herself, she would have realized whose it was immediately. But, she had a fuzzy feeling in her brain, like she was still half asleep. She realized she her senses were nullified, too.

“Don’t try and fight the sedative. You will feel much pain if you try to remember recent events.” Logan nodded to the unknown figure, and sunk back into sleep. Any thoughts could wait.

………………………………………………

“She’s starting to wake, Nurse Joy. The sedative is weakening. Should I tell her the truth?” Skylar stood in front of the family members of Logan Clements and the late Tracey Morgan, but spoke only to Nurse Joy. He could not bear to look at any of the family members, seeing as he was the cause of this misery. Any other guests had long since gone, but Skylar remained. He felt a personal connection with the two young children that not even their family members had.

“She will want to know the truth immediately, Skylar.”

“Yes, but she will be unhappy knowing the truth.”

“Prolonging the truth will merely cause more pain when she finds out. You cannot cover the death of a best friend easily.”

“You are right. But it will not be easy,” Skylar said, a hint of disdain appearing in his voice. He did not want any more pain.

“I never said it would be.” Nurse Joy looked away. The penetrating stare of the man was becoming too great for her.

“How is she?” asked Logan’s mother, Pat.

“She is still weak. The sedative is wearing off, though. Soon it will be time to tell her the truth.”

“The truth will be so devastating to her.”

“I am aware of that. Did you think that the news was not hard on us, too? We’re his parents!” Mark Morgan cried out angrily.

“I never said that.”

“Mark, stop jumping at people’s throats. It will not bring Tracey back,” Beth Morgan said soothingly, pulling him into her arms. The couple had numerous tear lines on their cheeks, signs of recent weeping.

“I just wanted to talk to him…one last time.”

………………………………………………

“C’mon, Charmeleon, try again. Meteor Mash!” yelled a slightly nasal voice. The Pokemon Trainer Vincent was attempting to teach his prized Pokemon the Steel type move Meteor Mash. It wasn’t working too well.

“Char!” yelled the deep, bloodred Pokemon. Its fierce eyes glowed a dull gold color as its large, fierce claws shone in the darkness of the cave. It bared its teeth and jumped at a large boulder that was thrice its size. In one swipe, the boulder broke into two pieces.

“You’re doing it wrong, Charmeleon! You’re supposed to smash it to dust!” Vincent swept the sweat from his dusty brow. His usually spiky strawberry-blonde hair was filled with bits of rock and such. He had been inside Mount Moon for five days, and his Charmeleon was still trying to master Meteor Mash.

“Now, Charmeleon, let’s go over it again-hmm?” Vincent was cut off by a beeping sound. His Poke Gear was calling him.

“Hold on, Charmeleon.” He pulled out his phone card and inserted it in his Poke Gear.

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Vincent Miller?” asked a male voice. It had a bit of an accent to it…Vincent identified it as Japanese.

“Yes, that’s me!”

“This is Skylar.”

“Skylar, the head of Team Skye?”

“If that is what you wish to call me.” The voice was weary and exhausted sounding.

“What do you want with me? I’m no criminal!”

“I’m not trying to recruit you, Vince.”

“That’s Vincent.”

“Yeah, okay. Does the name Logan Clements sound familiar to you?”

“Vaguely.”

“How about Tracey Morgan?”

“I’m remembering that name…”

“Diego Fuentes?”

“Those are all names of people from Pallet Town. What do you want with them?”

“Nothing! I’m reformed, alright? Now, to cut to the chase-Tracey Morgan is dead. Logan Clements was traveling with him. She is alive, but they were both injured on my account. For Tracey’s parent’s wish to be acknowledged, I was to call up all of Pallet town’s trainers. Come to the Cerulean Pokemon Center. Will you answer my call?”

Vincent took the news silently. Tracey-wasn’t he that kid with the Bulbasaur? And Skylar-a murderer? But he had said he was reformed!

“Vincent?”

“I’ll be there.”

………………………………………………

Logan Clements sat up. She had awoken again, and her back ached. But now she was able to move fluently. She rubbed her eyes, and suddenly remembered.

“Tracey!” She looked around. She wasn’t in the Pokemon Center’s hotel room. She was in some sort of hospital. She looked around. Where was everybody? Her eyes landed on a small cart, where Bulby and Rikelec were laying, unmoving. They were covered in a substance that looked horribly like dried blood.

“Bulby, Rikelec, wake up! Where’s Tracey?”

They didn’t answer. Logan looked to the bed next to hers for an answer. She saw Tracey, but he looked different. He was pale, too pale. And the bed had a card on it. She couldn’t believe what it said:

Surgery Failed.

“No!” Logan started crying. Tracey was dead!

“You can’t! No!” she screeched. The door of her room flew open. Standing in the doorway were five people. Nurse Joy, her mom, her dad…Vincent? And, in the back, was a fifth figure. With better light, Logan realized it was Skylar.

“You! What are you doing here?”

“It’s okay, Logan. Skylar is reformed, now.” Joe Clements stepped into the room, and ran to his daughter’s side.

“I’m so glad you’re okay!”

“Dad, something’s wrong with the hospital. They said that Tracey’s dead!” Logan was shaking with remorse.

“Logan….they aren’t lying.”

“But-they have to be. Tracey can’t die!”

“I am sorry about your friend, Miss Clements.” Skylar stepped forward, and Logan could see actual sadness in his usually cold eyes.

“What are you doing here?”

“Logan, sweetie, Skylar…don’t take this the wrong way…Skylar…”

“I am the reason Tracey is dead. The reason you now lay in a stretcher, when by rights you should be traveling the countryside, free as the wind.”

“You…you killed Tracey?”

“I admit, I did not directly kill him. That was my Fearow. But, I was the cause of your friend’s death.”

“Tracey! No, you’re lying! Tracey, wake up!” Logan started swiping at Skylar, trying to rid the world of this evil man.

“You have every right to be angry, Logan. But killing me will not bring Tracey back.”

“He’s not dead! He wouldn’t die without me! Tracey, wake up!”

“Logan, stop this. Tears will be of no use here. Put away your grief, no more tears. You must accept that Tracey really is, truly, gone.”

“No!” Logan cried again, before slumping into her bed, sobbing. Tracey Morgan was dead, she knew it. She couldn’t accept it. Logan Clements lay down, trying to escape. She closed her eyes. Sleep would be most helpful, now, thought Skylar. He turned stiffly, and walked out the room. Vincent stayed behind. He looked down at Tracey.

“Goodbye, Tracey Morgan.”

End of Story

Epilogue:

Logan Clements, although mortified Tracey had died, moved on. She took Skar to Marcus’ house in Vermilion City to complete Tracey’s task. She traveled for five more years, before settling down in Viridian City. At twenty-one, Logan married and had three children. She died at the ripe age of ninety-six.

Skylar, after attending Tracey’s funeral with Logan and friends, was sentenced to twenty years in prison. The grief was too much for him. He passed away three years into his sentence.

Vincent Miller attended Tracey’s funeral as well. He moved on to win the Indigo League. His Team was defeated by Lance the Dragon Master. He journeyed to Johto and challenged Clair, the Dragon Tamer. He lost against her, too. He went to many leagues and gyms. After finally defeating the Orange League, he settled down on Shamouti Island. He met a wonderful woman there. They married, and had seven children. Vincent died at eighty-nine.

Mark and Beth Morgan went back to a quiet life in Pallet Town. Mark Morgan never quite got over the shock, and remained in mourning for his entire life. He died twenty-seven years after this story, at the age of seventy-two. Beth Morgan was able to get over her grief, and lived on after Mark, to ninety-one years old.

Sammy and Courtney Morgan went on to become great people, both of them. Sammy became an apprentice to Nurse Joy in the Pokemon Center in Viridian, and kept in touch with Logan. He remained a bachelor until forty-three. Courtney started with a Charmander from Professor Oak. She went on to conquer the Hoenn League, and the Elite Four. Wallace kept the top spot, however, and Courtney retired to marry at twenty-four, and she gave birth to four children.

Patricia and Joe Clements both rejoiced at Logan’s survival. They went on to give birth to one more child, Andrew, and moved to Vermilion City to retire. Joe died at sixty-four, Pat a year later, at sixty-seven. Andrew died in a car crash, at nineteen years old.

Diego and William Diego Fuentes lived to become a great Pokemon Researcher, and discovered the twelve uses of Dragonite blood. He married at forty-three, and had two children. Diego died at fifty-five. William Ghing grew up to become a Math teacher, just like his father. He never married, saying he was “married to his job”, and died at sixty-three.

Skarmory was released before her master went to jail.

Skar was taken into care by Logan. Her eyesight was healed by Marcus, and she grew to be a fierce predator. She mated and left Logan four years later.

Bulby and Rikelec were buried next to their master. They never awoke from their coma.

One of Many-The End

Well, here we are, at the end of all things-how was it?

Cheers!
    ~Bulby

woa, great ending to your first fic bulba. I bet you'll be making more even better fics then this later on

Indigo Guest

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Isn't much to say that hasn't already been said.

Hope to see more from you in the future, Bulbs. In fact, I know I will.

roodude15 Guest

interesting last chapter you have. You really had the description set well and it still surprised me till the end. The only thing that bothered me was that I think both of Tracy's parents should have died instead of the dad cause since Tracy dies, then his dad, his mom would be all alone. Otherwise it was very good. Once again kudos for a good story Bulba.

~roo~

woa, great ending to your first fic bulba. I bet you'll be making more even better fics then this later on
    You will. Trust me!

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Isn't much to say that hasn't already been said.
    Well, I'm glad it's nice

Hope to see more from you in the future, Bulbs. In fact, I know I will.
    You know it!

interesting last chapter you have. You really had the description set well and it still surprised me till the end.
    Glad I set it like that, then.

The only thing that bothered me was that I think both of Tracy's parents should have died instead of the dad cause since Tracy dies, then his dad, his mom would be all alone.
    Sorry you were bothered by that, roo. I felt that Tracey's dad should die first because...

1. Guys die first

2. He was the more "I hated you in life, but I love you in death" type guy. Like Denethor in the Lord of the Rings, if you've read it. So, he died with his son(only twenty some years later)

Once again kudos for a good story Bulba.

~roo~
    Same to you(sorta...well, you know...)

If you guys have any final words, speak now of forever hold your peace

Cheers!
    ~Bulby

Great way to end it, but how about my idea of reincarnation? Do you think that Tracey could end up as a new Pokemon? How come his Electrike and Bulbasaur never got out of their coma?

Well, if I used your idea, that'd be stealing, wouldn't it? Bulby and Rikelec had such a strong bond with Tracey that they could not live while he did not. I wanted to show the bond a trainer has with his Pokemon. Glad you liked it, though!

Cheers!
    ~Bulby

I wasn't asking that. I said do you think that he's better off somewhere?

Motig Guest

Pretty good Bulba, The girls died at extremely high ages. I still don't get why its called One of Many, perhaps you can explain.

Merry Christmas

Motig

I wasn't asking that. I said do you think that he's better off somewhere
    Well, I did like his character...maybe I'll give some of Tracey's characteristics to my new Main Character? Hmm...

Pretty good Bulba, The girls died at extremely high ages.
    Well, generally, women do die after men...

I still don't get why its called One of Many, perhaps you can explain.
    Well, he was One of Many trainers from Pallet, just one in he crowd. Does that help?

I'll wait another day or so, and then I'll have to close the fic. So, ask your questions(if you have any) now! Or sometime today.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Cheers!
    ~Bulby

Amara Guest

wow, great ending! It certainly didn't end the way I thought it would. It was just... great. *laughs* I can't find any better words for it. I loved it. It was a real pleasure reading this fanfic. Good work.
    Love, Anna

Thanks, Amara. Wow. I made one girl cry, and another laugh with the same fic. Odd. Well, I'm wrapping up. Any more questions? If all goes well, One of Many goes tonight.

Merry Christmas!
    ~Bulby

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast