View Poll Results: Which was the hardest leader?

Voters
2369. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chili/Cilan/Cress

218 9.20%
  • Lenora

792 33.43%
  • Burgh

120 5.07%
  • Elesa

741 31.28%
  • Clay

215 9.08%
  • Skyla

71 3.00%
  • Brycen

56 2.36%
  • Drayden/Iris

429 18.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1783

Thread: Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Oh good Lord, Lenora was hard for me, if only because I didn't really have the best Pokémon on me, and none of them were faster than her Watchog for a while. Elesa was annoying with the stupid Volt Switch, but I managed to beat her in one try, and Clay wasn't too difficult once I leveled up my Pokémon some. Other than that, the gym leaders weren't that bad.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I think Lenora was the only Gym Leader who beat me on my first playthrough. Stupid Watchog... Didn't help that my Pokemon were a bit underleveled and could only take two or three hits before fainting.

That said, I didn't find the Unova leaders too difficult as a whole.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

For me on black it was always drayden, white 2 it is probably Rosie as you don't get counters for her team wil later in the game

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I hated Lenora because of the level gap. The gym goes from level 12 to level 25. I hated it.

Lenora and Elesa easily.
    Other gym leaders were laughable, honestly.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

For me it was Elesa.It took me 4 different attempts before I found a stratergy to beat her. It was the Emolga's and Volt Switch that caused a lot of trouble since they are not only fast but could keep alternating meaning it took longer before I KO'ed them. Luckily my Blitzle (which I hated) had Lightningrod so for every Electric attack used, my Special Attack went up. Then I spammed Flame Charge to out speed them.I out trolled the troll.

Cilan/Cress/Chili were hard to defeat for a variety of reasons. Firstly there are no Fighting types to quickly dispose of Lillipup, so the longer it is in battle the more it can use Work Up and become deadly. Then of course the Elemental Monkey(s) respectively have work up and Vine Whip/Water Gun/Incinerate.

Lenora and her Watchog/Hypnosis/Retaliate are a very lethal combination.

Burgh is quite an underestimated powerhouse in his own respect. His Dwebble is part Rock so it can take out any Fire and Flying types with it's Smackdown (both of which are SuperEffective against bugs). Then his Leavanny packs quite a punch.

Elesa and her Emolga's are very fast and the continuous swapping makes it much more difficult to focus on taking just one of them down. Zebstrika is strong and well rounded, give an added pinch of speed from Flame Charge and it can become deadly. Especially if it is a long match.

Clay's excessive use of Bulldoze becomes a gradual problem since it lowers your Pokemon's speed. If you stick to using the same Pokemon without swtiching by the time Excadrill is up for battle you will easily be slower which is not a good sign since its got a decent attack.

Skyla isn't much of a problem permitting you can bring a strong electric type to sweep her team. Swanna's Aqua Ring can become a pain but otherwise she's a pretty easy sweep.

Brycen's biggest threat is Beartic with Swagger/Brine. Cryogonal and Reflect can be a pain if you're using a Fighting Type but Brick Break (available in Iccirus) will soon take care of that.

Drayden/Iris tend to rely on Dragon Tail and although it strikes last due to low priority it can soon be a problem when it rotates your team members around and throws your strategy off of balance.

In my opinion, the first 5 gym leaders are the biggest threats. The other 3 not so much. I'd rank them like this:
    Elesa -> Lenora -> Clay -> Cilan/Chili/Cress -> Burgh -> Drayden -> Brycen -> Skyla
    Pokemon Platinum

Badges: 4

None of them are hard as long as you train your pokemon.

Brycen was hard for me. He was a little ash-hole. (See what I did there? I don't.)

i didn't have any real troble with any of them but i voted for iris because that was the gym that i was the least well equiped for (only had 1 dragon type which was weaker than the gyms and no ice types) .Still won it first time though.

For me, it was Lenora. While I managed to beat every gym leader on my first attempt, the fact that I saw how strong the pokemon the other trainers had in the gym (and how powerful Herdier was) was enough to make me grind for nearly a whole day to get my pokemon to a level where they would make her manageable. The fact that I didn't want to use Throh or Sawk didn't help my cause.

Well, this discussion is meant for the BW1 but I'd like to say that Marlon's Jellicent was quite the pain for me.

I've always found Drayden and his Druddigon (with rough skin) a pain.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

I would say that Drayden was the hardest. I would keep having to go to the Poke center after every battle! He was the toughest for sure!
    Looking for a shiny pokemon. I will find any pokemon for it. Except for main legendaries....
    -

I didn't find any to be particularly difficult, but the 8th gym had a really annoying layout.
    White Elite Team:

Lenora didn't beat me... I don't know what happened on your side, but at my eyes, she was actually easy !
    I mus say that I chose Oshawott and I took Archeops after, 2 pokemon with the electric weakness, so Elesa was the hardest gym leader of Unova for me.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Elesa is really tough to beat for that poll. She was very, very, very, but very annoying when I first battle her. Her Volt Switch and her Zebstricka really cut me out. At least, i got my Zoroark with me, who helped a lot (Dewott and Tranquill weren't the best choices for that one) because of Dig that I received just before. Because of that achievement, Zoroark always kept Dig with him.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 5th May 2013 at 3:31 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Lenora was the hardest for me. I didn't have too much of a problem with Elesa because she wasn't able to pull that volt switch bs on me.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

I voted for Elesa.

All of the other gym leaders were a piece cake but it took me like four tries to beat her and that blasted move Volt Switch.

It's a tie between Clay and Elesa due to Excadrill and Volt Switch until Black 2. Excadrill was surprisingly taken down with a combination of Leech Seed and my Huge Power Azumarill, who was 8 levels lower than it was and For Elesa, a combination of Stealth Rock from Dwebble and my Male Audino's Attract and Echoed Voice combo. Drayden was surprisingly pretty easy in Black 2 as well thanks to my Aggron holding a Rocky Helmet.
    Californian Gamer
    Trainer Name: Heather
    Friend Code: 1247-1004-2423

First D/P Shiny: Modest Female Magby holding Magmarizer (No PokeRadar)

The hardest Unova Gym Leader for me was probably Clay. I had no Pokemon super effective against his that would last long enough. My Ducklett would faint in one hit. And Pignite would faint in one hit as well. .__. I had to fight him at least 10-20 times before I beat him. Luckily, I could at least defeat one of his Pokemon allowing me to gain experience and level up while fighting up. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Its got to be the first, at the start you cant trade and the pokemon you can catch are Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin and the first gym always uses the pokemon with an advantage against your starter. The only thing that made it possible to beat the first gym without leveling up crazily was having the elemental monkey with a type advantage against the gym leader given to you. After the first gym the variety of pokemon available to catch shoots up I cant see any reason to not be able to walk the other gyms.
    So much to do yet no desire to do anything...

<------------------------ Lucky

None were particularly challenging but Drayden was the toughest. Probably a combination of the puzzle and my team being slightly underleveled. The rest were a breeze.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I'd say Lenora. Her Watchog really gave me a hard time. I took at least 5 tries to KO that thing. Luckily I managed a critical hit and down it went.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Unova gyms 1-4 are easy in B2W2. Only Elesa was a bit annoying...
    Vaporeon's a beast.

I am on a nuzlocke challenge right now, and so far, the first Gym Leader was really hard.

But when I first got Pokemon White, no matter what starter I had, Iris was hard for me. Not so much her as the trainers and the layout... *shudders*

Burgh was evil. Dwebble killed my Pignite. Killed my Pansage. Killed my Sandile. (I tend to only use as much Pokes as the GL)

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast