View Poll Results: Which was the hardest leader?

Voters
2369. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chili/Cilan/Cress

218 9.20%
  • Lenora

792 33.43%
  • Burgh

120 5.07%
  • Elesa

741 31.28%
  • Clay

215 9.08%
  • Skyla

71 3.00%
  • Brycen

56 2.36%
  • Drayden/Iris

429 18.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardest Unova Gym Leader

My hardest battle was the first one, I did defeat Cress in my first battle with him but he took out almost all my Pokemon. Not wanting to win like that I reset the game and went training like crazy. Lenora I suppose places second as hardest due in part of her actually knocking out my Musharna Cait-Sith ;_;

The one that gave me some worry was Elesa. She kept paralyzing all my Pokemon but we pulled through without a hitch. Same can be said for Brycen, he worried me but we were able to pull through. Not sure about the last gym leader Iris though, haven't gotten to her yet. Well here's hoping it will go well.
    "If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't, and contrariwise, everything it wouldn't be it would.
    You see?" - Alice Linddell

Black and White came out on my birthday:3

I'm battling Clay now, it's going okay. Not as easy as the others though.

The only gym I had to reset for was Elesa. Just because I did not have my Exadrill then.

Atm beatd all gym leaders in 1 go, only the 8th to go. Clay was the only one who almost defeated me.

My goodness Elesa was annoying in my JP white. Even with a set of crown beasts and the movie Celebi, she was still a pain. In my US copy, I didn't take any chances, (Disobedient Lv100 Reshiram FTW!).

If anyone asks, I rushed my US copy straight to Kyurem (took 10hrs 52mins), as we all know I'm trying to SR for a shiny one and I want to get it done ASAPP.
    ASAPP = As soon as physically possible
    <---My best friend since generation III (I recently learned that mine likes spicy tuna)

Sorry folks, I've been very busy lately, so no more freebies (Deinos/JP Dittos/Pkrs) from me. However, I'll still do any "true" trade.

For me, it was Elesa and her two Emolgas. >>
    Even with a Krokorok, it still took me 3 tries to beat her.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything." - Adroc Thurston
    "The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you" - Nyx

Lenora took forever for me to finally beat! Herdier was cake, but her Watchdog throttled me time and time again. I think I finally beat her on my fifth try. Elesa took three tries , so she was the second hardest for me. All the others were cake!

Will forever and always be my favorite pokemon!!

i only had a problem with dento, but the other gyms were easy

i went through the first two gyms with the water starter, then i got darmantion(baby) and used him on the 3rd gym, no one of the bugs stood a chance. all the gyms have been easy because of him. I'm on skyla gym now, and I know I will have no problem with the 8th gym since it's ice. I also picked me up a litwick and im leveling it up. I will also pick up a pokemon off of victory road. i work better with only 4 pokemons.

Yes I can't lie Elesa was annoying but luckily my Dwebble knew Stealth Rock.

Lenora, hands down. First, I love that she's a normal user. not many players or gym leaders go with that type. The AI played like a champ versus my team. I retired twice before accepting my placement. I won in the end, but I'd lost 4 guys each time through. Can you really say you won when the leader takes on a team of 6 with just 2? That's just impressive.

Especially considering how the game holds your hand through the first gym, with just giving you a free poke to trump your starter's weaknesses. Seriously, not even a haphazard trade for a low-level patrat or something? geez. Of course, I do like how in doing that, the game makes players focus more on all the types, rather than leveling up 2-3 ubers through story mode.

I'm not the kind of guy that sits outside town spending 5 hours power leveling my starter, and I despise using things like dire hit or X defend so early in the game, (though i love that my lilipup is picking up full heals every 5 minutes). No, I'm the kind of guy who is kleptomaniacal enough to grab every friggin poke i come across, level them up to current par, and get them all ready for my hardcore breeding sessions.

Elesa.
    The Set Up: It's an electric gym, but don't worry we'll give you the tm for dig and a good ground type before hand, it's just too bad her first two pokemon are immune to ground moves.
    Static, constant switching and her overpowered Zebra made it annoying if you weren't overleveled.
    Black and White 2 Return to Familiar Lands, except for the giant glacier.

I really wish they'd change the type of hidden power on the party pokemon page because the normal type icon looks boring. My special sweepers all have stupid looking Attack tabs on their information.

I'm surprised at how many people had trouble with Elesa. I swept her with my Zebstrika. Motor Drive prevents her Volt Switch spam and gives Zebstrika speed, and Electric does neutral damage to her Emolga. Then, I Flame Charged her Zebstrika, giving me the win.
    Shiny Pokemon List
    Ruby and Sapphire: Roselia, Wurmple, Zangoose, Oddish (didn't notice it was shiny, KO'ed)
    FireRed: Silcoon
    D P Pt:
    Random Encounters: Roselia(x2), Kriketune
    Chained: Larvitar(x10), Eevee(x2) Machop (2 on separate chains), Bagon
    Event: Pichu(x5)(1 evolved)
    HGSS: Red Gyarados(LoR), Chansey (Random Encounter)
    Current Shiny Target: Suicune(on hold), Cyndaquil
    Newest Shiny: Machop
    PM me if you want my friend code.
    I am not accepting battle requests currently
    Have a somewhat decent team for battling if you're interested.

Man, Lenora gave me a run for my money with her evil Watchog. It refused to take a hit, it kept me asleep, it stole the souls of my Pokemon. It was rough. =(

Elesa was pretty easy for me; used Sandile with Rock Tomb then dug her zebra; three shots, three kills. Wasn't even overleveled. Lenora beat me once. I just wasn't ready. *shakes head*
    The best tier
    Dasdardly on PO, as well. :3

I like Clay because his town has awesome music.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

The hardest for me has been Cilan, but Elesa was an absolutely pain with Volt Switch. I've yet to challenge the last four Gym Leaders. Lenora wasn't too difficult for me (the same can't be said for my brother), and Burgh was pretty simple.

I found Lenora the most difficult. STAB Takedown? OUCH.

I had a Timburr and I still had difficulty.

Clay was a bit underwhelming. The flying gym was a let down (seriously, not a good type for a gym).

Iris would have been beastly had it not been for my Fraxure dragon dancing her to oblivion. I reckon I would have had to have trained Cryogenal or Beartic to take her down otherwise.
    Friend codes:
    White: Patrick 1335 2483 5590
    Diamond: PATRICK 4983 2161 1625

Have female DW Vulpixes and Poliwags, among others. Searching for Female DW Eevees.

Elesa, but that's because I just wanted to defeat her with my Dewott :P
    Lenora's definitely second.

1s Gym: Use your monkey
    2nd Gym: Use the Fighting-types
    3rd Gym: Use a Tranquil
    4th Gym: NOTHING at this point in the game can handle her - Easily the hardest
    5th Gym: Use Lilligant. Destroys this gym. Maractus can do so too.
    6th Gym: You know chargestone Cave? Everything there takes this Gym like a cake.
    7th Gym: LOL, why is every eldery male who houses an Ice-typed 7th Gym easy?
    8th Gym: Klang or Ecaviler work wonders, as does your own Haxouros. Iris/Drayden AI fail anyway... too many DDs, not to mention their movesets.

For me Elesa was the hardest, but that was mainly because I had to do all of it with Medusa, my Snivy. Tranquill and Panpour just got auto-killed by her electric moves and timburr got killed, not sure why.

Elesa, took me at least 20 tries until i could win
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

Cilan was easy - Pansear on lv 15 really helped.
    Lenora was challenging - if I didn't have Throh and Timburr, I would of had to reset about 4 times...
    Burgh was easy as I had Victini
    Elesa was difficult.
    Clay was easy - Levanny, Dewott, Deerling and Vanillite were extremely capable.
    Skyla was mediocre.
    Brycen was easy with the pokemon I had.
    Iris was alright - Blizzard helped loads.

I can honestly say I never lost a single Gym Leader battle in Pokemon Black. I found them all surprisingly easy.
    Friend Code - 4940 8552 3503
    Standard rules.
    I have an import copy of Platinum, so may include Platinum movesets in teams. Don't fight me if you are unhappy about this.
    Otherwise, have fun =]

Burgh. My team was Dewott, Herdier, Petilil and Sandile at the time, which meant that three of my four Pokemon were weak against Leavanny, who always seemed to get a critical hit with Razor Leaf. It was a bit easier when I started with Dewott against Whirlipede instead of Sandile, but still. Never have Bug-types been so annoying. D:<
    Shiny Hunt Status
    Darumaka (W, random) - found!
    Tranquill (W, random) - found!
    Maractus (W, Masuda) - 660 eggs hatched
    Oshawott (W, Masuda) - not started

Elesa was really hard. My Pokemon had nothing that was effective against her Emolga's which is what made all the difference. I could have done with Rock Slide or something.
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

Cilan was hard! I lost to him the first time I challenged him. He got in a few Work Ups, and right as Timon (my Patrat) was going to defeat it, Cilan healed it.

I knew I was screwed.

So, I lost to Work Up-Vine Whips.

The second time, I stalled Pansage with Nala (my Oshawott, now a Dewott) and he never got to use Work Up. He used Vine Whip until she fainted, and by that time he was on yellow HP, so when Timon came out it was easy.

That's the only gym I've challenged so far...

Foreseeable trouble causing Gyms:

-Elesa: I was thinking about my team, and what it's gonna be around her Gym... I think it'll be Dewott, Watchog, and Rufflet... Oy vey. The only other Pokemon I can conceive of having is maybe Vannilite... So, yeah, I think Elesa's gonna be the hardest battle. Maybe I'll teach Timon Dig...

Other than that, my team should be able to handle the other Gyms. I'm thinking Lenora will be fun, not too hard. I'll have a Vanilluxe and Druddigon for Iris. So, yeah. I think Cilan and Elesa will wind up being my two picks when I vote.
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast