View Poll Results: Which was the hardest leader?

Voters
2369. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chili/Cilan/Cress

218 9.20%
  • Lenora

792 33.43%
  • Burgh

120 5.07%
  • Elesa

741 31.28%
  • Clay

215 9.08%
  • Skyla

71 3.00%
  • Brycen

56 2.36%
  • Drayden/Iris

429 18.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Well, when I played the japanese version, i had my pokemon at like, level 30 for the first gym.
    I had no idea about Panpour. XD

But now, in teh english version, 2nd gym.
    She destroyed me several times DX
    Then I got a Timburr and named it Chuck.
    You know what it's named after.
    Pft.

~Tamaku~

The only Gym Leader I had any real issue with was Cress, since I wasn't able to level up very well before that gym

Most simply Cress, although Lenora was quite hard too :/

Elesa.
    First battle she destroyed my entire team with volt-switch and acrobatics.
    second battle is the same but nearly one because of a bad move.
    third battle so close. same result
    forth finally one with luck.
    Lenora took me 3 times compaired to her one but at that time I only had a Purrloin, Dewott and Pidove.

I really didn't gind any of the gym leaders themselves hard at all. I felt this time round the game was balanced enough to make each leader just as easy as the last, with the right kind of pokemone by your side.

I guess in that case it comes down to gyms, with would make Elesa 's the hardest due to my team not being the greastest against Electrics at that point, especially against a certain flying squirrel. Also having to defeat EVERY trainer in Drayden's without a chance to heal nearly took me out, with just 17 HP on my final pokemone before I was able to heal for the final battle.
    My Pokemon Y friend safari: Normal type (Lillpup, Minccino & Eevee)
    Seeking dragon safari - Dratini!

My Black 2 PWT Singles Champion teams
    Team 1: Team 2:

My Black 2 PWT Type Expert champions
    Normal: Grass: Fire: Water:
    Electric: Ice: Fighting: Poison:
    Ground: Flying: Psychic: Bug:
    Rock: Ghost Dark: Steel:
    Dragon:

3DS Friend code: 0903-3206-5594

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaria View Post
    4th Gym: NOTHING at this point in the game can handle her - Easily the hardest
    Quote Originally Posted by Araleon View Post
    -Elesa: I was thinking about my team, and what it's gonna be around her Gym... I think it'll be Dewott, Watchog, and Rufflet... Oy vey. The only other Pokemon I can conceive of having is maybe Vannilite... So, yeah, I think Elesa's gonna be the hardest battle. Maybe I'll teach Timon Dig...
    You can beat her pretty easily with a ground type with rock type moves, like sandile's evo or excadrill. Anyway I ended up beating her with darumakka instead of krokorok xD
    <--- My Tumblr ♥ ~ (Thanks Mega Weavile)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    A Zinedine Zidane Pokemon would be awesome, although his only known move will probably be headbutt though.

Well, I guess I was smart to catch a Vanillite at Cold Storage and a Litwick at the Tower, because my Vanillish DEMOLISHED Skyla and the Drayden in one try each. Litwick also killed Brycen's pokemon with pretty much one fire move.

Other than that, Lenora gave me the most trouble because I had no fighting type pokemon/moves, and I think I tried 7 times before I looked in my Strategy Guide to get the TM from the battle girl.

P.S. Don't use Munna when fighting a Patrat/Watchog. Ever.
    P.S.S. Lucky Eggs are the best invention ever imo.
    Last edited by blackness777; 10th March 2011 at 12:45 AM.

Badges: 8
    Current Pokemon Black Team:

Spoiler:- Claims:

I haven't gotten to Nimbasa City yet, but is Elisa seriously that hard?

Lenora was the hardest so far, even though she wasn't THAT hard to beat. She was just a pain in the butt. Her Herdier took out Blitzle and Pansage in one hit each, leaving my Pignite to demolish her, wiiith the help of a few Super Potions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic View Post
    I haven't gotten to Nimbasa City yet, but is Elisa seriously that hard?
    From what I can see, she's difficult to beat if you have nothing to stop Emolga from Volt Switching. You shouldn't have a problem if your Blitzle has Motor Drive, just make sure you have something to handle her Zebstrika. My Blitzle is definitely is the reason why that gym was so simple for me.
    Shiny Pokemon List
    Ruby and Sapphire: Roselia, Wurmple, Zangoose, Oddish (didn't notice it was shiny, KO'ed)
    FireRed: Silcoon
    D P Pt:
    Random Encounters: Roselia(x2), Kriketune
    Chained: Larvitar(x10), Eevee(x2) Machop (2 on separate chains), Bagon
    Event: Pichu(x5)(1 evolved)
    HGSS: Red Gyarados(LoR), Chansey (Random Encounter)
    Current Shiny Target: Suicune(on hold), Cyndaquil
    Newest Shiny: Machop
    PM me if you want my friend code.
    I am not accepting battle requests currently
    Have a somewhat decent team for battling if you're interested.

i think elesa was the worst because ground moves couldnt hit 2/3 of her team and i didnt have a rock type

^^This is Arcanine. He's pretty much the coolest. If you dont pick a fire starter you should totally get him cuz hes cool.

I'm yet to lose a single battle on this game. Most of the gyms I've found relatively easy. I just battle every trainer possible and train on Audino's every now and again. As a result I've been the same level or higher than the Gym leaders every time, so naturally a super-effective pokemon of the same level (I usually have two or even three with super-effective moves) can take them out with ease.

However Clay was my toughest. His last pokemon's Bulldoze OHKO'd three of my pokemon after my first got it down to the red. Finished it off eventually though. I was quite excited when I got the TM but it only has 60 power. His pokemon must've had a great Attack rating.

Lenora was hardest for me. Her Herdier used Take Down and OHKO'd all three members of my team a dozen times. Once Snivy evolved into Servine, though, I got lucky with two critical hit Leaf Tornadoes and took down Herdier. After that, Watchog was easy.

Lenora was the one I had the most trouble with, and I took up a Throh just to beat the gym. My Pansear was useless against her.

Lenora, her Herdier KO'd all 6 of team with Take Down T_T.
    But then I took a Sawk and it plowed through both of her pokemon. S'all good.

The only Gym I had trouble on was the first(starter snivy). I found the other 7 and elite four to be really easy.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/295btk4.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/34f077p.png[/IMG]

Lenora caught me off guard with Watchog's retaliate but My Dewott eventually took it down, everybody else was pretty easy, Elesa's twin Emongas where annoying and Iris's Haxorus was kind of a challenge

Lenora beat me once before I won. I beat everyone else on the first try.
    My Author Profile[/Center]

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Type is Ghost, Pokemon are Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Spiritomb.
    3DS FC: 3566-1718-0207

lenora destroyed my team the first time i battled her, but then i leveled all my pokemon up to level 20. i was at least a couple of levels ahead of every gym leader after that. i just beat drayden mainly with my stoutland and then finished up haxorus with my liepard. definitely the easiest gym battle for me.

Had to be Lenora or Elesa
    Thanks Skiyomi for siggie~

I guess I got lucky with Lenora x) Her Lillipup/Herdier kept using Work up so I would set up with my Servine and eventually ohko'd her Lillipup/Herderier and Wathog xD

Hardest for me was Burrgh. Servine was weak against this gym, Panpou was underleveled, and Blitzle with Flame Charge was the only thing I could rely on Next gym for me is an Ice one, and half my team's weak against that sooo...

It's a tough call between Elesa and Clay, but I have to go with Clay. I have two Pokemon in my team that should make the battle easier, but his Excadrill's speed combined with Excavate is causing huge problems.

I'm surprised so many people had trouble with Lenora. She was one of the harder ones, but wasn't a big problem for me.

White FC: 3654-1880-7019

3DS FC: 2105-8751-4059

For me I would say Lenora,
    Even though my pokemons were a higher level (by 2), they were almost all defeated instantly by Retaliate
    -but I won with a quick attack
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Lenora by far. Watchog+Retaliate=Deadly for that point. I actually lost to her twice back in September when I got White. I managed to beat her though, and on the first try for all three of my Black files(2 Japanese, 1 English). It, for lack of better wording, raped my Charmeleon in my English White, but luckily I'd done enough damage where Servine was able to beat it.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

I just beat Clay and honestly I haven't had any trouble from any of them. I'm not looking forward to the dragons though, or the Elite Four psychic user. My only psychic coverage is bug. I need to ditch either gurdurr or pignite, two fighters isn't necessary atm.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Adamant from 4th gen with Fury Cutter and Thunderpunch

Offers
    Anything not listed under wants (minus legendaries).
    UT nonshiny Articuno and Zapdos
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus
    Secret egg event Pansage, UT.

Elesa was the hardest for me. I had to heal my pokemon about 5 times

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast