Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Venipede Stampede (681)

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Still i doubt it was in the US and European fans best interest to ban the dubs... Serebii might as well ad them to the banned episode list... Then again... wasnt a certian episode featuring Wichcash banned for similer reasons?
    I realize that, I just wouldn't think it's fair to Japan to air the episodes other places when they didn't even air it there first. I still haven't given up hope though. The fishing episode aired after all, plus they said they'd air these episodes later anyways.

Well the Whiscash one was focused on Earthquakes (heck. Even Whiscash and Barboach are based off of the catfish in Japan's mythology that causes earthquakes, but I think that one with that stole Ash's badges probably was even more based off of that catfish)
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

This episode was pretty good. Glad to see Ash's Pidove evolve into Tranquil.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

God, Trip acted like such a jerk in this episode, it was almost on Paul levels.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I realize that, I just wouldn't think it's fair to Japan to air the episodes other places when they didn't even air it there first. I still haven't given up hope though. The fishing episode aired after all, plus they said they'd air these episodes later anyways.

Well the Whiscash one was focused on Earthquakes (heck. Even Whiscash and Barboach are based off of the catfish in Japan's mythology that causes earthquakes, but I think that one with that stole Ash's badges probably was even more based off of that catfish)
    Does it really matter if they see it first or not?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    God, Trip acted like such a jerk in this episode, it was almost on Paul levels.
    I agree, he seemed very Paul-ish here.

Hehe Tranquill is finally here!

Random : PokéRadar

Fine episode. Pidove evolved into Tranquill, nice. And yeah, Trip was like Paul, though he did help out Ash for one bit. Now we are supposed to see the Team Plasma and Team Rocket episodes, but no, we have to wait for those. Next week, we're having the Gym battle against Burgh.

I'm beginning to think that we'll never see those episodes.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Focusing on this episode, I thought it was fantastic. There were brilliant visuals of Castelia, features of lots of interesting Pokemon, an actual exciting storyline, and just general brilliance IMO. To see the Venepide crawling all over the city was really awesome, and it helps that Venepide is a brilliant design in the first place.

Perhaps my only minor complaint is that Ash's Pidove evolved too abruptly- however this is undoubtedly my favourite Unova episode to date. It's just a shame we won't see the ensuing story arc for a long time now- and that's presuming that we will see it.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    I'm beginning to think that we'll never see those episodes.
    As far as those two episodes go in Japan, I'm sure they'll eventually be seen on either DVD or Blu-Ray release if not on TV. The reason being is, unlike other lost episodes, those two have a plot that is central to the entire Unova Region arc.

It may take till years end or later next year, but they'll be seen eventually (even if under illegal means).

sorry to complain and i reailzed how much japan has suffer but i truly wish they had edited out everything with junpiner watching those scenes just made me hate mother nature for that earthquake even more and why god why did they keep in the giovanni scene?!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Does it really matter if they see it first or not?
    It'd only be fair. It's made there after all.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

So I forgot why the TR VS TP episodes revived nightmares to Japan for the earthquake. What was the reason those particular episodes frightened them again?

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    So I forgot why the TR VS TP episodes revived nightmares to Japan for the earthquake. What was the reason those particular episodes frightened them again?
    Unstable energy reactions. Tremors shaking a city. City getting destroyed

We should talk about an important issue too, Tranquill's horrifying new voice. I've never heard something so horrible in my life.

A nice episode I thought. An excellent story which really would have been a great lead into the episodes which actually caused the venipede to flee to the city (they said migrate in the episode). Even though I thought Pidove's evolution was unexpected one thing to note is that they have gone back to the original evolution but with the new blue aura. If you were to compare this to sandile's evolution, his back suddenly grew and the rest of the body followed unlike pidove's evolution in my opinion.

To me the edit of the episode was dealt with perfectly and all they had to do was stop the gang going with juniper (which happened in the original, as someone pointed out). All we know is that TR have found the meteonite and giovanni has made his way to the unova region and due to the TR findings professor juniper is going to investigate alone and we will find out what happens with this story later on in the series. This makes perfect sense now and we can continue how the dub is airing the series because everything makes perfect sense.

Anyway, great episode
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Pretty decent episode. I liked that the group reached Castelia City and Trip appearing was good. Him with a Lampent is something I like because I do see him with a Chandelure and I liked that his Tranquill appeared too. My favorite part was when Ash's Pidove evolved into Tranquill. It did seem a bit random, but that is sure to make her stronger now, so I like it.
    8.5/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    We should talk about an important issue too, Tranquill's horrifying new voice. I've never heard something so horrible in my life.
    It wasn't that bad. Other Pokemon voice's have been a lot worse.

And Ritchie's voice, however, was really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    It's not new, it's just 'feminine'.

Burgh's voice is worse.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I love Lampent's voice. It sounded good for it.

The Venipede's voices where fine, it's nice how the big and small Venipede had different pitches in their voices compared to the others, makes them stand out more(Not like they need to stand out more).

I enjoyed the episode for the most part.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

LOL @ People not knowing the TR vs TP 2 parter is not going to air in the Dub >_>

God yet another episode with Ash acting like a complete jerk shoving his views onto to other people. People complain that trip was annoying at least him and the other trainers were actually defending themselves against the Venipede who more than likely attacked first.

Wow i'm amazed at how foreshadowing this episode is in conjunction with the Tohoku disaster, with the Venipede fleeing, & the massive energy build up. Also thought PUSA handled the continuity with this and the next episode by editing out the small part of Ash & the gang wanting to go to the Desert Resort. Certainly alot better done than some of the stuff 4kids did in the past.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I thought Trip acted like a jerk in that episode.
    He can't just let Ash and Co do the job. He made it even worse if you ask me.
    How Ash got poisoned and how it was easily treated was ridiculous. Might as well not keep that part in.

The good thing was watching the battles and how they moved those pesky Venipede to Central Plaza.
    I loved how Ash's Pidove evolved into Tranquil.

So Team Rocket Vs Team Plasma episodes aren't going to be aired but are they still Dubbing it?
    Last edited by TTNH03; 4th July 2011 at 5:49 PM.

How can you say no to this little one?

Credit goes to:
    Tyranitarquake for the Banner!
    arceusvictini for the Userbar!
    PikaPal_Lyra for the Flying High Icon!

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    at least him and the other trainers were actually defending themselves against the Venipede who more than likely attacked first.
    Except as Burgh said, attacking them would've caused unnecessary damage to both sides. And notice how the Venipede retaliated to the trainers when the trainers attacked them. That's provocation.

It makes no sense to defend yourself at whatever the cost, when there was a more peaceful solution.

You act as if they had no choice, despite had you watched the episode (fully) they did have another choice.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I really enjoyed A Venipede Stampede! It was very fast-paced, and the background music was beautiful. It was quite an epic story, with the Venipede ruining the whole city. It was good to see Trip here, as he acted as the other side of the what-to-do-with-the-Venipede argument. If it had been a CotD, the story would have been a lot weaker. Ash's Pidove evolving was great, but I would have liked to have seen Pidove struggling to blow away the Venipede, and then evolving and gaining strength. It was a bit of a random evolution. TPCi handled the editing at the end very well, I thought. There wasn't much they could do, really, but with the material at hand, they did a good job. I've been impressed lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    God yet another episode with Ash acting like a complete jerk shoving his views onto to other people. People complain that trip was annoying at least him and the other trainers were actually defending themselves against the Venipede who more than likely attacked first.

Wow i'm amazed at how foreshadowing this episode is in conjunction with the Tohoku disaster, with the Venipede fleeing, & the massive energy build up. Also thought PUSA handled the continuity with this and the next episode by editing out the small part of Ash & the gang wanting to go to the Desert Resort. Certainly alot better done than some of the stuff 4kids did in the past.
    But what about all the other set up... Still gonna be a little weird next week I think...
    I'm pretty sure they are never being shown ever now.. .-. But, I guess I shouldn't go on about that. >_>;
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast