Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Venipede Stampede (681)

I wonder how Gust will be upgraded...Tranquil won't keep Gust forever.It might be replaced with Air Slash but Air Slash and Air Cutter in the same moveset kinda seems...blah>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Did someone actually watch the episode? What is going on with TR?

It was an amazing episode, our heroes arrive in Castelia City, Arty is not in the mood to battle and that Venipede infest... Jenny uses Herdier yay! Trip is so ****ing arrogant.

Team Rocket plot started right here It's been awhile since they last appeared, after being in the show for 600+ consecutive episodes. and Giovanni is finally leavin' his office!

Ash's first evo in Best Wishes! AMAZING! Tranquill look so cool, I wonder when and where Sewaddle is going to evolve...

Oh yeah, Juniper arrives and they aim for Desert Resort, epic villanious teams battle is coming!!!

For some reason I'm shocked that Pidove evolved. I'm glad it did, but just shocked.

Anyone have a link for the episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Marowak View Post
    Anyone have a link for the episode?
    Thy shall honor thy rule of not asking for thy link!

Judging by the voices, I imagine Trip's Tranquill is definitely male. Really love the difference between them. I'm very interested to see them battle someday.

Yea it was Trips' who used Aerial Ace.... Pidove's face when it was saved by Trip's Tranquil was hilarious.xD

Ask me in a PM for the link, it is up, but yeah, thats all I will say.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

After watching the episode, it was even better then it looked for me.

Knowing what's being said would help in this episode though. I'm sure I heard Ash say "Battle" at the end to Trip, and whatever Trip said it seemed to disturb Ash and Pikachu based on their faces. Knowing what's being said would also give a better understanding of the Team Rocket plot. It seems that whatever Team Rocket is doing had a connection with Venipede going to Castelia City.

It seems like Trip is still taking pictures, he was taking a picture of a Venipede in the background, that or checking his Pokedex.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I don't think anybody expected Pidove to evolve in this episode.

I saw the photos. I'll watch it later.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post

A few did actually.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

So Pidove evolved. This is absolutely amazing , though, not surprising either. She really got ignored like all the other 1st stage birds.

Also, I want Venipede to be caught by Ash. Ash did have a bond with one of the Venipede's, but I hope Arty's presence wouldn't lower the chance of it being captured. I think they would be really good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Cool to Tranquil's, Best Wishes keeps getting better, so what was the fourth Pokemon that had flamethrower?

Did Ash Oak/Juniper, Tranquil?
    Ash still has tranquill and the fourth fire pokemon was a pansear.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Finally, Pidove evolved! Too bad we didn't see Tranquillxshipping (just kidding!).

I liked this episode.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Yea it was Trips' who used Aerial Ace.... Pidove's face when it was saved by Trip's Tranquil was hilarious.xD
    So was the face when she evolved. She was celebrating and all of a sudden her face changed to :O!!

I'm sure there was at less one person who was expecting it. Considering how Ash switched Sewaddle for Pidove last episode and the preview of this episode showed Pidove in the episode, I myself figured it probably would evolve in this episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

For those who want a link: [...]
    Last edited by Sushi; 10th March 2011 at 11:00 PM.

i am not convinced that we have seen the last of that little venipede who was really very cute. on the other hand while i'd love for ash to catch just about all of the cool isshu pokemon he probably won't. personally i wouldn't mind if he did even if they just became another muk just seeing ash catch them is enough for me. and of course there always is the chance that caught pokemon can reappear down the road while pokemon of the day have a habit of not showing up again.
    Last edited by magicallypuzzled; 10th March 2011 at 11:07 PM.

I really liked this episode, it was nice seeing Iris do some thing and Ash/Shooti interactions was more fun here. Arty is turning out to be an awesome gym leader, its great to see how they are hanndling the gym leaders this series without having Ash loose yah know? Any ways fun episode, plus Team Rockets plot is back and is finally getting intresting again. I nearly forgot Team Rocket was even in this seriesXD Maybe that's what the Pokemon series is trying to do?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I loved when Shooti showed up in this episode

Taking photo's in the middle of mass havoc, then the camera zooms in on him(IRONY) and he looks a little suprised, like he wasnt supposed to be doing that :S Kinda funny

That little Venipede was cute too :3
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 11th March 2011 at 12:51 AM.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

-Cilan mentions the Castelia Ice cream thingy.
    -Iris wants to go straight away, Ash says after the Gym Battle.
    -Burgh is concerned by something. Bug Pokemon are restless.
    - Iris, thinking she feels something, but leads them straight to the ice cream shop. -___-
    -Ash is not impressed.
    - Oh, now Pikachu feels something. It’s a …man hole. K.
    -Venipede! but you can’t touch it or you’ll get poisoned.
    -Ash feels sorry for it because it’s tired and pulls it out anyway. Poison be damned!
    -Urgh, Screech.
    -Oh it’s injured. After being head butted Ash goes ‘I just wanna help you.’
    -Uh-oh, Ash is poisoned.
    -Oran Berry! And Burgh is touched by Ash’s willingness to help.
    -Urgh Screech again. And a flock of Venipede. Why are they heading to Castelia? Me thinks there might be a misunderstanding going on here…
    -The city is in a state of Panic! in a series of still frames.
    -Jenny shows up - yay, she has Herdier.
    -Juniper’s investigating!
    -Oh no the Pokemon Centre’s being attacked.
    -Oh, yay, it’s Trip.
    -And Lampent.
    -Pignite, Pansear, Darmanitan and Lampent shoot fire at the Venipede only to do nothing but seriously piss them off.
    -Ash demands they wait for Juniper to understand why they’re n the city before attack. Trip calls Kanto the country. Ash pissed.
    - The mayor (?) says that because of the poison they have to think about human safety first.
    -Burgh is worried that attacking them will cause them to retaliate and create a big battle.
    -Burgh’s gonna find the pack’s leader and lead them into the central park area.
    -Burgh asks Cilan to find Joy so they can use Audino.
    -As Venipede usually live underground, Juniper is wondering whether something is happening to disturb them *foreshadowforeshadow*
    -Trip’s decided by himself that moving them is impossible so he’s just gonna take down the leader and hope the whole group gets sent into panic.
    - Ash gets hit, Burgh tells Trip to quit.
    -The injured Venipede from before comes to see Ash. ‘See Trip, Venipede really are kind Pokemon! There’s got to be a reason why they’re acting this way!’
    -Trip ‘I don’t care about any reasons. The results are what’s important.’
    -Burgh schools Trip a little bit.
    -OMG Burgh is the Pided Piper!! Sweet
    -Dragon Rage still fails, but it gets the Venipede moving.
    -Cilan says for Pansage to go easy on them with Bullet Seed.
    -Trip’s Tranquil saves Ash’s Pidove.
    -Pidove goes frantic with the Gust and evolves into Tranquil!
    -Uhoh, something’s going down in the Desert Resort.
    -‘Giovanni, we will soon arrive in the Unova Region.’
    -Trip’s off to Nimbassa because he doesn’t want to waste time waiting for Burgh to be ready for the Gym Battle.
    -Ooh, mysterious energy.
    -Ash asks to be taken with Juniper to help out. Ash wants to help the Venipede he became friends with.
    -Juniper agrees, but they have to remain safe and listen to her.
    -Burgh’s gonna guard the Venipede.
    -And off the go in a helicopter.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Lol I did I would have been mad if she didn't.

Edit: that fushide was actually kind of cute(the one that liked ash). I have a feeling we will be seeing it again. Maybe a new reserve for ash??
    Last edited by 1rkhachatryan; 11th March 2011 at 1:15 AM.

Something about Trip having a Lampent just rubs me the wrong way. I mean, nothing against Trip himself, but HE HAS TWO FRICKING BADGES AND ALREADY HAS A LAMPENT!!! I mean, aren't Lampent supposed to be advanced-level Pokemon that require a lot of training to evolve?! I know anime =/= games, but all I'm saying is at two Badges, a Flitwick would be more believable. I dunno, it's like the writers are going out of their way to overpower Trip for no good reason. I guess if he caught something rare and traded it for Lampent, it'd be all right, since according to the anime, Badges are just proof you defeated a Gym Leader and have no effect on your Pokemon's obedience.

Also, Pidove evolving after Tranquill saves her? I smell shipping!
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, there really isn't much to say.

I liked the way Castelia City was presented in the anime. I'm pretty sure this is the first time there's ever been a city that was set up in the anime exactly the same as it is in the games. Cilan and Iris quickly mentioning Casteliacones was nice too.

As far as animation goes, it was alright, nothing special. Although I liked that the Venipede swarm was in content motion. Even when they weren't the focus of a shot, they were still crawling around, staying active. This added to the overall effect of swarm.

Other than that, happy that Pidove evolved. Wasn't expecting it and I've been wanting one of Ash's Pokemon to evolve. The Venipede the gang helped was really cute, cuddling with Ash once it warmed up to him. Trip appeared as a simple a appearance, which I hope happens more often. And I like that he has Lampent.

Team Rocket Vs. Team Plasma started in this episode too, I'm quite excited for that next week.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

-The episode begins with...the music from the BW intro cutscene! And with a TR helicopter! Well, shit is going down next episode, so I can't blame them for it.
    -The meteorite gets all charged up with energy. Stuff's gonna happeeeen...next episode.
    -Okay, NOW it's twerp time. ...I'm disappointed that the BG music used here isn't the Castelia City theme.
    -In Central Park a park, they find Arty. Well, that's convenient!
    -Apparently something's up with the Bug Pokemon? Eh, it can't be THAT big of an issue.
    -Oh Iris, still with the "I totally have a 6th sense that lets me know where we should go" thing.
    -Ahahaha, she led them to the Castelia Cone shop! (and her face is HILARIOUS in this scene. Just so you know.)
    -Pikachu senses something under a manhole cover? Don't do it! It's just sewage! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!
    -A giant centipede is stuck in some sewer piping! That's pretty gross in more ways than one!
    -Ash is about to just pull the thing out(which makes sense!) but Arty stops him since Venipede are kind of, you know, poisonous.
    -...then Ash decides to pull Venipede out anyway. He's not all that bright, but he's definitely determined!
    -Venipede thanks them for its freedom by...using Screech! What a jerk!
    -Ash tries to get Venipede to see reason while everyone else yells at him that it's dangerous, and...it works, but he also manages to get poisoned. Maybe you should listen when people warn you about poisonous bugs, Ash!
    -Of course, apparently a bowl of...something...is all it takes to get Ash well again.
    -Ash thanks Arty(for what? Arty didn't actually do anything except spray Venipede with some potion! Anyone could have done that!), and Arty responds by being FABULOUS.
    -Apparently Venipede eat berries by sucking the life out of them. Weird.
    -OH GOD THE SEWERS ARE INFESTED WITH GIANT CENTIPEDES.
    -OH GOD NOW CASTELIA IS INFESTED WITH CENTIPEDES EVERYWHERE. They're tipping over trucks! Carrying away women! Hurling Sludge Bombs everywhere!
    -Awww, look at the Herdier in the passenger seat of Jenny's motorcycle. It thinks it's people!
    -OH GOD THE VENIPEDE ARE ALL OVER THE BUILDINGS AND YOU CAN HEAR PEOPLE PANICKING
    -A bunch of trainers with Fire types are standing around doing nothing, and...there's Shooty! Apparently he has the ghost lamp thing now, which further confirms his excellent taste in Pokemon.
    -Ash and Shooty argue some more, and...Shooty brings up the KANTO HICK FROM KANTO thing again. Just what IS his problem, anyway?
    -After some begging and pleading, the mayor lets the twerps & Arty carry out their "get rid of the GIANT VENEMOUS CENTIPEDES humanely" plan.
    -Arty, Iris, and Ash go off to do the real work, while Dento gets to do whatever at the Pokemon Center. Well okay then...
    -Somehow, Iris picks out a random Venipede as the leader. Even though it looks the same as the rest of them and is in the same spot as several other Venipede.
    -Okay Shooty, I can understand thinking you know better than Ash or Iris, but you're interfering with what a GYM LEADER is doing now? Are you actually that arrogant?
    -Ash gets a second dose of abuse for the episode by jumping in front of a Shadow Ball! Good thing nobody ever gets seriously hurt in this show.
    -Awww, the Venipede from earlier is worried about Ash. :3
    -And now Arty's babbling about pure hearts or whatever. Again.
    -Joy arrives on the scene, has Audino use something-beam(simple beam?), and...Arty's seriously going to Pied Piper those Venipede away?
    -Pidove gets to do something! It's a miracle!
    -And Axew gets to Dragon Sneeze again. With hilarious effect on itself!
    -Pidove's evolving! Awesome, maybe now it will get to do stuff more often!
    -Once again, the day is saved, thanks to...oh wait, the day isn't REALLY saved. There's weird energy flow happening in the desert, and we all know whose fault that is!

Overall, this is a pretty nice lead-in to the TR VS TP arc, aside from being a decent episode on its own. The action's clearly picking up, but we're not going to see the real action until next week.
    But more importantly, that one Venipede Ash helped was adorable. I kind of want to see it again, even though that would just lead to massive "ASH IS GONNA CATCH IT" speculation.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast