Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Venipede Stampede (681)

pidove evolved
    halelughia
    lol muscular body

what the he** is with those santa-sised herdiers?
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2isyqsx.png[/IMG]

This episode was alright. It was cool to see Fushide and Ranpuraa for the 1st time. It was great to see Mamepato evolve into Hatooboo with the new evolution animation. It was cool to see Shooti and Arti again. The Fushide Ash rescued is small and so cute! It was cool to see the Poison Point ability shown in this episode, unfortunately Ash was the one that became Poisoned. Arti's use of the Bug Flute to lead the Fushide to the Center area was very clever. It was funny when Kibago used Dragon "Sneeze" and it was able to lead the Fushide to the line. Shooti was definitely selfish in this episode, trying to harm the Fushide, Arti ended up scolding him.

67/100

This episode was quite good. We get so Venipede for the first time which is very cool it is so cute. Trip is in this episode aswell as Burgh. As normal Trip is a bit of a douche in this episode but he has a Lampent(HOW) 6/10

I tried very hard to like this episode, but Trip sort of ruined the flow for me. I was glad that he appeared again with Lampent this time, but I got Paul vibes. I also didn't like Castelia City itself. It's supposed to be huge in the games, but it looks like an ordinary city in the anime. I just wasn't impressed. I did like that Burgh was involved and that the Venipede were invading Castelia City because they sensed a disturbance at the Desert Resort. It was a fairly decent set up episode. I give it a 7/10.

I liked the episode :3. Venipedes/Fushides ftw?
    It was cool to see a bunch (and I mean a BUNCH) of the little bugs wandering around. I thought that the Fushide that ash saved was especially cute. Trip was annoying and a jerk like usual... and Castelia city didn't seem that spectacular to me. o-o

The thing is, I know they are supposed to be centipedes, but can any of you honestly say they didn't more closely resemble a swarm of cockroaches?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Alright. Today's the day of this Episode's US Airing. And I swear to GOD that should the writers pull a retcon on this episode to move the TP episodes somewhere else, I will f**king scream!

Edit: Thank god, they didn't.
    Last edited by matt0044; 2nd July 2011 at 2:03 PM.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Alright. Today's the day of this Episode's US Airing. And I swear to GOD that should the writers pull a retcon on this episode to move the TP episodes somewhere else, I will f**king scream!

Edit: Thank god, they didn't.
    Well, they at least retconned the main 3's involvement with the TP/TR stuff. Take a look at the pictures of the end of the JP episode. http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/be.../681ps11.shtml
    The dub edited out Ash, Iris and Cilan from the helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by qig View Post
    Then how will the dub explain why "Giovanni gave up on his plans for the Meteonite?"

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Maybe they'll have have the dub say that the unknown force was waiting for Team Rocket and slaughtered them in a short battle before they even got close, forcing them to rethink their strategy in the Unova Region.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    Maybe they'll have have the dub say that the unknown force was waiting for Team Rocket and slaughtered them in a short battle before they even got close, forcing them to rethink their strategy in the Unova Region.
    Or maybe they'll say the meteonite was sent to Team Rocket's Unova Headquarters & Givoanni is there analyzing it, that way they could connect the energy from the meteonite with the information from Archen & Archeops that Jessie, James, & Meowth gave to Prof. Zeger in BW039

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    Boy, wouldn't THAT be a treat to see rather than being told.

I still don't get why they can't just let the TP episodes be out of order rather than trying to cover up a simple mistake through retconning. Am I the only person who see the flaws in this?

Quote Originally Posted by qig View Post
    Well, they at least retconned the main 3's involvement with the TP/TR stuff. Take a look at the pictures of the end of the JP episode. http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/be.../681ps11.shtml
    How exactly did they change it? Are the last scenes still there, but with Ash, Iris and Cilan absent?

Yep. It was just a short cut. no more than 3 of serebii's pics and potentially just the one.

Personally, I would also have excised Giovanni's scene and had a 15-second painted still of the helicopter, with Ash and Burgh in the last 5 seconds of the still.
    Ash was 10 when he started and is still 10 today.

My boss was in college when Ash started and he's still in college today.

Boy, wouldn't THAT be a treat to see rather than being told.

I still don't get why they can't just let the TP episodes be out of order rather than trying to cover up a simple mistake through retconning. Am I the only person who see the flaws in this?
    No you are not. I am just as made about all these changes and I have a feeling that down the line they are going to get an episode to tie in saying that Juniper wants them to go there and subsequently would play an extremely revised most likely boring version of the TR vs. TP episodes. Come on writers I know you are trying to appease to the crippled Japan but to really mess up plot lines that people were aware that they are going to happen you are going to lose a few amount of people when trying to understand what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1775 View Post
    Come on writers I know you are trying to appease to the crippled Japan but to really mess up plot lines that people were aware that they are going to happen you are going to lose a few amount of people when trying to understand what is happening.
    Not to mention that the writers are treating this like everyone's going to play along and forget it like the GS Ball. Well, unlike that, the finalized version was done and almost shown via trailers.

Why couldn't TV Tokyo just plan to air the TP episodes later on with no retcons and admit openly that they take place before Ash's third Gym Battle? Wouldn't that be more simple than attempting to hastily rewrite the series?

A good episode. Ash and friends encounter a Venipede swarm and manage to get the situation under control. Also Ash's Pidove evolves into Tranquill, which is really neat. I really want to see the Team Rocket/Team Plasma confrontation, but it's still not shown yet. Guess I'll watch the gym episode then.

Enough is enough. Not sure why we must suffer for something that happened in Japan!

I wish Ash caught one, they were right in grasp

Hmm so it looks like they edited off a bit. Now now people, I know it's frustrating, but really let's think about the pain and chaos Japan went through :< under circumstances like those, I really think we should just be able to forgive and forget.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Angry

When I saw the part with Giovanni toward the end of the episode it only reminded me of the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes that I'll never get to see...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Looks like we're watching Team Plasma next year.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Hmm so it looks like they edited off a bit. Now now people, I know it's frustrating, but really let's think about the pain and chaos Japan went through :< under circumstances like those, I really think we should just be able to forgive and forget.
    Still i doubt it was in the US and European fans best interest to ban the dubs... Serebii might as well ad them to the banned episode list... Then again... wasnt a certian episode featuring Wichcash banned for similer reasons?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Why couldn't TV Tokyo just plan to air the TP episodes later on with no retcons and admit openly that they take place before Ash's third Gym Battle? Wouldn't that be more simple than attempting to hastily rewrite the series?
    You still don't realize just how horrifying a 9.0 earthquake followed by three nuclear meltdowns is, do you?

At this point, you have to realize that the episodes that were going to air in March are never going to air and continuing to complain about it will not change anything. The best we're getting is a reboot using either entirely new episodes or versions of BW023 and BW024 so heavily edited that they're not what we were intended to see.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 2nd July 2011 at 10:28 PM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast