Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W Glitches Discussion

In the 8th gym on a Japanese game I found a tile that you can stand on that I don't think you should be able to, you are standing on nothing, I cant remember where this is

I haven't found a glitch as such but I was playing white on a ds with no working touch screen (not usually a problem with pokemon, the A button works) but when I was dragged to the music hall by Bianca you have to use the touch screen to put props on. I had to reset my game so I lost three hours

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Just encountered a glitch. I'm rebattling the Elite 4 to level up my Haxorus and Volcarona. Shauntal's Jellicent's Cursed Body activated on my Volcarona's Psychic. Now, ain't that ability supposed to work on physical contact moves, as opposed to any move?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Just encountered a glitch. I'm rebattling the Elite 4 to level up my Haxorus and Volcarona. Shauntal's Jellicent's Cursed Body activated on my Volcarona's Psychic. Now, ain't that ability supposed to work on physical contact moves, as opposed to any move?
    That's not a mistake, it works on any attack. Serebii's description is wrong.

Fortunately, I haven't encountered any glitch so far.
    And that's a good thing...

Pokémon Black FC 1807 1418 7683

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    That's not a mistake, it works on any attack. Serebii's description is wrong.
    Oh. Well, that, and the anime making Frillish's Cursed Body only activate on Snivy's Vine Whip and Leaf Blade didn't exactly straighten things out.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I did have the game freeze after I tried to name a sandile. also I would agree that genders can often be less than random for 50/50 ones.

I would really appreciate a cloning glitch though =)

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by elorasheppard View Post
    I haven't found a glitch as such but I was playing white on a ds with no working touch screen (not usually a problem with pokemon, the A button works) but when I was dragged to the music hall by Bianca you have to use the touch screen to put props on. I had to reset my game so I lost three hours
    Oh - that could become a problem, as you HAVE to do this. No way to bypass it...
    'Cause Magnezone is too mainstream.

I think I've encountered a glitch, any explanation would be appreciated. Basically, I was training my Dewott in Chargestone Cave, fighting Ferroseeds. The weird thing was that all of the Ferroseeds were quicker than my Dewott. Now, Dewott was 6 levels higher than these Ferroseeds, and holding a Mystic Water, no speed reducing items. Ferroseed's have a base speed stat of 10 and Dewott one of 50, I cannot understand why I was slower :/
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post
    I think I've encountered a glitch, any explanation would be appreciated. Basically, I was training my Dewott in Chargestone Cave, fighting Ferroseeds. The weird thing was that all of the Ferroseeds were quicker than my Dewott. Now, Dewott was 6 levels higher than these Ferroseeds, and holding a Mystic Water, no speed reducing items. Ferroseed's have a base speed stat of 10 and Dewott one of 50, I cannot understand why I was slower :/
    By chance, were you using Revenge?

Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post
    Maybe you had a bad nature.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Quote Originally Posted by elorasheppard View Post
    Try a friend's DS. That should work.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

My game got stuck in a load loop upon attempting to activate the C-Gear one time. Had to reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    By chance, were you using Revenge?
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Now I feel stupid. My face is literally reddening as I type this :P thanks for your help
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by Guy89 View Post
    When I'm picking a move sometimes it goes to a description of the move instead of using it.
    You're holding 'L' when you select the move, that's why it's going to the move description
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

not sure if this is really a glitch but 40/50 of my caught pokemon are careful and sassy natures... wierd coincidence or glitch in nature ratios?
    (also 2/5 volcaronas is careful or sassy... i think something is wrong with my game, also also, 200 SRs on volcarona, not 1 timid 1... i must be really unlucky -__-

also a minor graphical glitch on victory road, far to the left on the bottom(past the ledge) if you stand facing the wall 2 spaces over from the border a black line runs across the boundry, not major, just wierd

also when entering the ruins(volcarona room) my game froze on a black screen as if it couldnt load it, had to SR, only lost about 20 minutes and 3 levels though so nbd (same thing happened on a random spot in grass before i beat the elite four, like it was loading to start the wild battle, but it just repeated the music and stayed frozen, i eventually just sr)

i think my games volcarona is cursed xD
    ... now that i think about it ive only seen like 10 male volcaronas...
    Last edited by BLUE-MEW; 11th March 2011 at 8:32 PM.

Its not a glitch its just wierd. My pignite is faster then cherens dewott even though he has a speed hindeting nature.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

I think there's a glitch with catching pokemon, or my mind is ****ing with me. Sometimes, it'll only 'twitch' once after throwing a pokeball and it'd say the pokemon was caught. I'm almost convinced I'm just seeing things - has anybody else experienced this?

That's critical capture. You may also notice it makes a metallic noise as well when that happens. Critical capture is basically a random thing that happens, that significantly boosts the chance of capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Embree View Post
    I think there's a glitch with catching pokemon, or my mind is ****ing with me. Sometimes, it'll only 'twitch' once after throwing a pokeball and it'd say the pokemon was caught. I'm almost convinced I'm just seeing things - has anybody else experienced this?
    I have, but if it was a glitch it would be more complex. At least you get the Pokemon without having to wait for 3 twitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Embree View Post
    That isn't a glitch. It's called a Critical Capture.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

I don't know if you would call this a glitch but it seems like whenever I am riding a bike through the grass and I have a random encounter it seems like I freeze for like a whole second before something happens.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Not sure if it's a glitch specific to my ds or what. But whenever I try to log onto wi-fi using any 5th Gen games (my copy and I used mine to get the liberty ticket for some friends) it takes multiple attempts to log on (giving me error 52000, which is basically trouble getting and IP address). Fortunately when I do get on, it works like it's supposed to.

This is only for Gen 5 games. I've used all my 4th Gen games and they've logged on without any problems. So it's either the ds or the wireless security has changed with the new games.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    I don't know if you would call this a glitch but it seems like whenever I am riding a bike through the grass and I have a random encounter it seems like I freeze for like a whole second before something happens.
    That always happens to me, too. I've noticed that quite a lot. I run into a patch of grass, and I can't move, then about 0.5 seconds later, it zooms in a starts the wild battle.

In Accumula Town, after my brother had defeated Cheren, as the screen turns black to exit the battle, it froze.

This may just be me or something to do with the RNG, but I generally find the exact same 5 natures over and over again when I'm SR against a legendary.

Also, was on the GTS and it glitched up after I tried putting up my Zoroa, it showed that Mew as still on there (And it wasn't). Another check and it was the correct Pokémon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Pokédex: 718

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast