Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W Glitches Discussion

I've had trouble with genders. I was looking for a male Blitzle, and I kept getting females. I had to have my sister trade over a male one from her game. I've also yet to see a female Scrafty. Also, I was trying to get a Rufflet, and I kept getting ones with keen eyes, and got a one with sheer force about 20 tries later.

It could be possible they messed up somewhere in the gender and such coding.

This is a small glitch that happened recently that I can't explain. I just caught a Kyurem and put him in my party. A few minutes later, his Max HP increased by 1 point without using items or leveling up! When I caught him he had 279 HP. When I taught him a few moves with tms and used them in a battle, his HP increased when the battle ended!

Small glitch I'm not sure has been discussed: Has anybody noticed that when you teach a pokemon a new move that the PP decreases to the PP of the move forgotten?
    Ex: Dragon Tail: 10/10 PP/ Teach Dragon Claw: 10/15 PP.
    1: Thats not a glitch. It's EV training.

2. Also not a glitch. It's so you can
    t just use tms to get infininte PP
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Look. Look at my avatar's face. Doesn't he just look awesome?

This is a small glitch that happened recently that I can't explain. I just caught a Kyurem and put him in my party. A few minutes later, his Max HP increased by 1 point without using items or leveling up! When I caught him he had 279 HP. When I taught him a few moves with tms and used them in a battle, his HP increased when the battle ended!

Small glitch I'm not sure has been discussed: Has anybody noticed that when you teach a pokemon a new move that the PP decreases to the PP of the move forgotten?

(Oops, posted twice)
    Last edited by Porgon-XYZ; 13th March 2011 at 1:59 AM.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Quote Originally Posted by Porgon-XYZ View Post
    That was a change made to prevent people from abusing the unlimited TMs to not have to use Elixirs or Pokemon Centers to heal PP.

EDIT: It seems I responded to the second message, and it was already answered before it :/
    White FC: 2150 8683 5065

PGL Nick: Dariel

EVs automatically get added to stats after battles in Gen V. This would explain what happened to your Kyurem. This also means that you're now able to EV train Pokemon that are at Lv. 100.

That isn't a glitch. It was intentional. Since TMs can be reused, people could abuse them by erasing a Pokemon's move (originally taught by TM) and teaching it a new TM, then overwriting that TM with the old one, thus restoring PP. That's why Game Freak made it so that when you teach a new TM, the remaining PP from the old move is carried forward.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

(Oops, posted twice)
    Neither of these are glitches. The first happened because now EVs are applied at the end of a battle, and not when a pokemon levels up.

Your second "glitch" is actually what GF intended. It's so that you can't teach a tm, wear the pp down, then replace it with another tm, and restore the PP.

EFIT: Ninja'd
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Unhappy poke transfer

I'm not sure you should call this a glitch but my two dss both get stuck after the mini-game during poke transfer. the ds with my white version keeps saying 'testing pokemon transfer' while the one with my soulsilver says 'you cannot return your pokemon'..... and whatever i press i can't get to the next screen. i have tried several times with no progress and i had no problems with the relocater. any help?

It's not really a glitch but, there are lots of delays in the game, and lag.
    Probably because of the 3D graphics, which are too much for DS.
    I regret, renounce, and denounce all of my sinful posts on this forum and those of others.
    Pokemon games, shows, and movies are all heretical and idolatrous.
    If possible please remove all of my posts here and delete my account.
    For your only hope of salvation visit http://www.johnthebaptist.us/

not really a glitch, but in some of the caves, you can clearly see the wireframes/wire outline in the graphics or whatever thats called.. also i can notice some graphical artifacts/anomalies in game. like my character turning into a graphical blur one time.
    I've read all the RNG guides and well, CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? I seriously cannot understand alot of stuff. Ill give you a pokemon or whatever in return.

Soul Silver FC:
    CHRIS - 0905 0240 4847
    White version FC:
    Chris - 5028 3837 0881

I am the DragonSteel trainer.

Courtesy of Leilukin

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Actually, I think I may have found a glitch or two, both involving the GTS. It seems that former Shadow Pokemon can't be traded because of their special ribbon. The GTS wouldn't allow me to put my Mr. Mime up for trade, giving me the exact same line as if I had tried to trade off something with a Classic Ribbon. This was not the case in Generation IV, because I distinctly remember trading away my Sing+Dream Eater Froslass. Also, it won't allow me to trade my Skuntank. Nothing out of the ordinary about it, either. I bred it in Platinum, trained it myself, only ribbon is the Effort Ribbon. When I try to offer it, it says "That Pokemon may not be offered for trade!", and then gives me some five-digit number in parentheses, almost like an error code. The only possible problem I can think of is that it knows Iron Tail. But the GTS doesn't ban trades involving stuff with moves that they could only get in past generations via TM, because I traded away a Shock Wave Chimecho with no problems.
    Are you 100% sure the Pokémon you are trying to trade are legit?
    If so, then for some reason the game is considering them hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    In Accumula Town, after my brother had defeated Cheren, as the screen turns black to exit the battle, it froze.
    Only two explanations possible:

1- Contact issue between cart and DS;
    2- He's playing a rom on a (bad) flashcart.

Quote Originally Posted by hever View Post
    The old woman in the house on top of the hill in Driftveil speaks really slow. I mean the text speed is slow when you talk to her, even when I had my text speed set to fast.
    It's programmed like this, but I'm pretty sure someone told you that already anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    The bikers speed up whenever you press the B button around them. I know it's been said before but I just want to confirm it in my game as well.
    It's normal.
    It's to prevent people from just running to avoid them.
    Example: You see the biker, you think "If I run I will avoid it", but then it speeds up and catches up to you, which means you end up having to battle instead of avoiding it.
    It's the same as when trainers turn around when you try to run past them.

When ever i try and post my random battle videos on the battle video dealie it says There appears to be a problem with the pokemon. and my pokemon arent hacked pretty sure teh 1s i faced arent hacked and my team is all on the gen 5 standards

Edit: I think its my Haxorus anyone know y it wont let me post battle videos with it in it?
    Last edited by Bladeedge; 13th March 2011 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeedge View Post
    When ever i try and post my random battle videos on the battle video dealie it says There appears to be a problem with the pokemon. and my pokemon arent hacked pretty sure teh 1s i faced arent hacked and my team is all on the gen 5 standards

Edit: I think its my Haxorus anyone know y it wont let me post battle videos with it in it?
    Are you in america? Global link is down till march 30th

I found out that in the celestial tower(at about 3F), if you press the B button, the direction the trainers face change. is it a glitch or is it intended?

NOTE:
    *Yanmega instead of Vespiquen*
    *Magmortar instead of Arcanine*
    *Arcanine instead of Camerupt*

I just saw something really odd on the GTS...

you know how it's usually the pokemon being offered that appears in a picture right?

Well in this one case the person was asking for a Carnivine and it's picture was the one on display not the pokemon they were offering for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    I just saw something really odd on the GTS...

you know how it's usually the pokemon being offered that appears in a picture right?

Well in this one case the person was asking for a Carnivine and it's picture was the one on display not the pokemon they were offering for it.
    I think it's the Morphing glitch .
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Not really a glitch as such, but I got defeated by a trainer in the basement in the Challenger's Cave where the background music is lower than usual. Later on I went into the Desert Resort and the music was still the lower version (it went back to normal after leaving and going back in).

it does that, when you go deeper in most caves, like in the caves you mentioned and (Ugh, forgot its name....) Thunderstone (?) Cave.

NOTE:

I just noticed yesterday that when I view my badges, the pictures of the first 3 leaders are grayed out, even though I got their badges. I'm not sure if it's been this way from the beginning actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Routine View Post
    I just noticed yesterday that when I view my badges, the pictures of the first 3 leaders are grayed out, even though I got their badges. I'm not sure if it's been this way from the beginning actually...
    You need to polish the badges and the pictures will be more colorful again.
    'Cause Magnezone is too mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Routine View Post
    You can shine your badges. Try that, it should brighten up the portraits, too.

In Nimbasa City if you ride your bike from the pokemon center and up past the battle subway the game will lag while you move, when this happened to me 1st time it freaked me out lol.
    My main Youtube channel! (XiledBrady)
    My gaming channel on Youtube! (BradyPlays)
    For Wifi battles or trading PM me!(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Name:Brady
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 5028-3748-0309
    Please let me know if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by XiledBrady View Post
    In Nimbasa City if you ride your bike from the pokemon center and up past the battle subway the game will lag while you move, when this happened to me 1st time it freaked me out lol.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. The lag happens seemingly every single time. It's strange.

Not really a glitch, but if you use your bike you can make the grass start rustling quicker

Good for grinding audino

It may not be a Glitch but...
    Seeing as my DSi cameras don't work(no idea why), whenever I select the Xtranceiver option on my C-Gear, my Screen goes blank and the music plays on foreeeever. none of the buttons work when its like this, even the powere button! so in the end I have to wait untill my battery dies.

NOTE:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Blue View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. The lag happens seemingly every single time. It's strange.
    this

When youre going back and forth to the pokemon center and sports domes for the daily battles it can get quite irritating because it does it almost every time. The city music stutters a bit too in my game at the same time.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

another problem here my game is like stuck on saving

Well my battery was near dead put it in teh charger and the wireless yellow light went off so i try and turn on the c-gear then when i tried to save my game is stuck on teh save menu but it wont turn off wont go to sleep mode wont do anything....what do i do?

Edit: finally got it turned off but just a heads up for any1
    Last edited by Bladeedge; 14th March 2011 at 11:52 AM.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast