Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W Glitches Discussion

Ok, dunno if it's a glitch, but:

Twist Mountain, inside caves, my Swoobat against wild Gurdurrs.

Certain Gurdurrs' attacks are super-effective while they shouldn't be and vice versa. Example:

Wake-Up Slap is super effective (Fighting on Psychic/Flying)
    Rock Throw is normal effective (Rock on Psychic/Flying)

But maybe it's related to abilities in some way?

I've been frozen out of double battles when switching one Pokemon just before the other faints.

for some reason the game thinks that there are two Pokemon missing from the field - and wants me to select to go to into battle - but won't let me select the second because there is one Pokemon in battle.

Very hard to trigger this glitch, but it's a pain in the rear when you do so after not saving for a while - so save before you go into a double battle.
    May your life be like toilet paper. Long and useful

Quote Originally Posted by Jenza1202 View Post
    I've been frozen out of double battles when switching one Pokemon just before the other faints.

for some reason the game thinks that there are two Pokemon missing from the field - and wants me to select to go to into battle - but won't let me select the second because there is one Pokemon in battle.

Very hard to trigger this glitch, but it's a pain in the rear when you do so after not saving for a while - so save before you go into a double battle.
    I have heard about this from someone else.

Apparently what you have to do when that occurs is select the pokemon you want to replace the fainted one and then select the fainted one and it will send out your selection.

Ive never had this happen so Im not 100% sure

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

My friend who got Black also experienced this!
    He hadn't saved since the beginning{IDK} and had to start his play-through completely over.
    Visit Dragonite's School!

It is a school for Pokemon beginners who want to learn more about the games. Become a member and pass this onto your friends and I will consider you for becoming a Teacher!

Basically what your friend says is true. I experienced this glitch during a double battle against the two trainers with Zebstrika in Nimbasa city and what you have to do is simple.
    If your party consists of more than 3 and and have fainted, what you need to do is click on the icon of your Pokemon and switch it with another Pokemon up in front.

Say if you revived two of your Pokemon while your other two in the battlefield are used as scapegoats. The two get hit and both faint in the same turn. Once the error states that a certain pokemon of yours can't battle ( the one you revived ) , click on the other Pokemon that is alive ( the other you revived ) and switch it to the front and do the same with the other Poke and the battle shall resume. No need to restart once this glitch happens. Spread this around the Pokemon Community and fan sites. Here's a short method of countering it.

>Revive two or more of your Pokemon with the other Poke as a scapegoat ( the team that will faint in double or triple)
    >Click "switch" on the menu interface to move the Pokemon up front. If you get an error, click the redo arrow button and use another Pokemon on your team.
    >Do not freak if you didn't save; this is just a minor glitch that shouldn't do any harm.

It may not have been a glitch, but I saw something on GTS this weekend, guess it depends if the search goes buy Pokemon name or nickname. I looked for a zorua, found one but the picture was a different common Pokemon. I just assumed it was somebody trying to sheisty nicknaming another Pokemon zorua, but is it instead a glitch?
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2064-8446-9766

Wanted:
    Bulbasaur,Chikorita,Cyndaquil,Totodile,Treecko
    Torchic,Mudkip,Turtwig,Chimchar,Piplup,Trapinch and eevee.

What I have to trade:
    Snivy, Oshawatt, Tepig, Zorua, Archen, Tirouga, Charmander, Squirtle, Beldum, Riolu, Togepi, Bagon, Gible.

Quote Originally Posted by eatingleg4peanut View Post
    It may not have been a glitch, but I saw something on GTS this weekend, guess it depends if the search goes buy Pokemon name or nickname. I looked for a zorua, found one but the picture was a different common Pokemon. I just assumed it was somebody trying to sheisty nicknaming another Pokemon zorua, but is it instead a glitch?
    That would happen to be the Pokemon Morph glitch that is present from generation iv. Nothing big, though it is bothersome to collector's.

Quote Originally Posted by eatingleg4peanut View Post
    That would be the Morphing glitch.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

This may or may not be a glitch.

I first noticed and encountered this when I restarted my HG game.

When I made it to Vermilion City and I would begin to ride the bike, as I strolled through the city the game began to "lag" for a few seconds but then as I moved away from the city to another route, the lag would wear off and the game would move at normal speed.

After beating the E4 in White, I began to go to search around, I noticed the lag would happen in Nimbasa City and a few other places that I can't recall at the moment.

For me, this "lag" tends to happen only when riding the bike and only for two to five seconds at a time.

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Omega Ruby

Alpha Sapphire

Can you see MissingNo/Bad Egg in this Gen?
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Quote Originally Posted by Falconx03 View Post

When I made it to Vermilion City and I would begin to ride the bike, as I strolled through the city the game began to "lag" for a few seconds but then as I moved away from the city to another route, the lag would wear off and the game would move at normal speed.

After beating the E4 in White, I began to go to search around, I noticed the lag would happen in Nimbasa City and a few other places that I can't recall at the moment.

For me, this "lag" tends to happen only when riding the bike and only for two to five seconds at a time.
    Yeah, I get this too, especially in Nimbasa when I cycle to the Stadium from the PokeCenter, its no biggie I think :P
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

I haven't really encountered any glitches in these games. I did have some trouble in a Double Battle when my Pokemon couldn't be sent out right after one of them fainted, but I'm pretty sure that other people have encountered that. I don't think it's a glitch per se, but it is rather odd. I was also under the impression that these Shiny prevention flags on certain Pokemon were all just glitches as well, since they only seem to affect Pokemon that respawn instantly. Anyway, apart from some strangeness here and there, Black and White seem to be almost glitch-free.

Swithing pokemon in double triple is not a glitch just put the one you want to send out with one that faith. Click on the one you want came out first then chick on the faithing one and they sweap out
    Friend Codes
    Pokemon Battle Revolution: 5371-8295-7401
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 1978 8054 7354
    Pokemon Soul Silver:
    Pokemon Black: 3138 5901 2562
    Pokemon White:
    Pokemon Diamond:
    Pokemon Pearl:
    Pokemon Platinum:
    Pokemon Platinum:

PM me if you want to battle and trade.

I taught my Axew the Poison Jab TM. Hadn't battled or anything yet and it said the PP was 10/20. No biggie but just kinda weird, unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stack7 View Post
    I taught my Axew the Poison Jab TM. Hadn't battled or anything yet and it said the PP was 10/20. No biggie but just kinda weird, unless I'm missing something.
    That isn't a glitch. The PP of the move you deleted was carried over. Since TMs can be reused, people could abuse them by erasing a Pokemon's move (originally taught by TM) and teaching it a new TM, then overwriting that TM with the old one, thus restoring PP. That's why Game Freak made it so that when you teach a new TM, the remaining PP from the old move is carried forward.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Glalie View Post
    That isn't a glitch. The PP of the move you deleted was carried over. Since TMs can be reused, people could abuse them by erasing a Pokemon's move (originally taught by TM) and teaching it a new TM, then overwriting that TM with the old one, thus restoring PP. That's why Game Freak made it so that when you teach a new TM, the remaining PP from the old move is carried forward.
    Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by .:Alex:. View Post
    My game got stuck in a load loop upon attempting to activate the C-Gear one time. Had to reset.
    That happened to me too- just after the last elite four member. -.-
    Pokémon BW Team.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/1i1v0x.png[/IMG]

If I offered a Pokémon, I will include Pokérus depending on what is being traded.
    ~Looking or a Shiny Ralts for B/W, don't care which nature~

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonOwn View Post
    Can you see MissingNo/Bad Egg in this Gen?
    I don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconx03 View Post

I believe its just a loading issue; when leaving a route, the game has to reset the directions trainer sprites are facing in and the location of the sprites (ex. a trainermay have moved forward to challenge you but is meant to be in a previous position), as well as just other random things, so I'm guessing it just causes a bit of lag in transition between areas. Not a glitch.

Found no glitches myself. For people who believe the double and triple battles have a "glitch", they don't. You just have to tap the position you want the Pokemon you selected to be in when it is sent out. Like this:

1. Multiple Pokemon faint
    2. Tap the Pokemon you want to send in
    3. Tap the space you want it to be in, as in if your, for example, Raikou was in the middle slot in the Triple Battle, touch its spot to send your Pokemon there.
    4. Repeat 3-4 on next Pokemon.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Not much of a glitch, but if you go into the Wireless Union Room, and stand in the center of the Pokeball on the floor, the Lady in the top left corner loses her eyes...kinda creepy.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Look. Look at my avatar's face. Doesn't he just look awesome?

wouldn't really consider this a glitch, it's just something that doesn't really make sense. when you go into one of the sports domes in Nimbasa city, the teleporter thingy send you up to the field. but then to return to the room by taking the teleporter on the field you"re also going up. .

I was trying to fight Charles (the Heartbreaker!) in a triple battle, a while ago. Two of my Pokemon died in one turn, and I only had one left to switch in. I tried to switch it in, but it wouldn't let me and it would send me back to the party screen. I would click on the Pokemon again (to the Shift? screen), I press Shift and it sends me back to the party screen. I had to SR the game.

That's the only one so far.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

My gym badges pictures of the gym leaders are all black and white apart from Iris. The same happened when I beat Skyla.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by Nebbio View Post
    My gym badges pictures of the gym leaders are all black and white apart from Iris. The same happened when I beat Skyla.
    Use the stylus to brighten up the badges. This automatically brightens the gym leaders' pictures.
    'Cause Magnezone is too mainstream.

I managed to figure out the double battle glitch,
    i just chose one, and clicked back a couple of times and chose another one.

NOTE:
    *Yanmega instead of Vespiquen*
    *Magmortar instead of Arcanine*
    *Arcanine instead of Camerupt*

I have never encountered a glitch ever in black so far WooT
    No Siggeh Nao

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast