Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W Glitches Discussion

The old woman in the house on top of the hill in Driftveil speaks really slow. I mean the text speed is slow when you talk to her, even when I had my text speed set to fast.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

for those of you thinking that when you click on a move and a description com up its not a glitch when you hold down L it shows the descript instead thats why they removed the L=A option.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by .:Alex:. View Post
    My game got stuck in a load loop upon attempting to activate the C-Gear one time. Had to reset.
    You can tap the screen to skip the loading...

The game does take a while sometimes when you find a Pokemon to load the battle, doesn't it? And I think that old lady that talks slow is supposed to talk slow so you know she's supposed to be a slow talker or something.

Glitches? Hmm... dunno if this is a glitch, but I did have a hard time dragging props off in the Pokemon Musical the one time I tried it.

^ Same thing. Props took like, 3 minutes to get off.
    Besides that, I haven't a had any glitches. Oh wait- I've had one.
    I was on the ferris wheel, and as it was, uh, turning, it froze for a second.
    I just beilieve it was because we entered a Wi-fi area.
    Good thang I don't have the nature glitch.
    I wouldn't like my whole team to be Calm- or Modest.

I have claimed the Derpfish! (Stunfisk)
    I have also claimed Romano, from Hetalia.
    Not even Spain can touch him now! >)

Copy and paste this into your sig, just because I told you to. (Started by Thing)

Probably not a glitch, or at least not unintentional, but when you teach a Pokemon a move with more PP than the move you're replacing, the newly learned move has the same PP as the move it replaced instead of its own max PP.

But they probably did that so you can't just eternally restore PP by alternately teaching your Pokemon the same two TMs every time one of them falls to 0 PP, since TMs are reusable now.

You win this round, Gamefreak... >=/

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Probably not a glitch, or at least not unintentional, but when you teach a Pokemon a move with more PP than the move you're replacing, the newly learned move has the same PP as the move it replaced instead of its own max PP.

But they probably did that so you can't just eternally restore PP by alternately teaching your Pokemon the same two TMs every time one of them falls to 0 PP, since TMs are reusable now.

definetely not a glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post

It's not a glitch, it just happens. They gave the TMs an advantage, and then a disadvantage to balance it out.

It's weird, because for about four Pokemon I've fought so far, whenever my Levanny (Adamant) False Swipes it, and then captures it, it's Adamant. Lucky me. :P
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Quote Originally Posted by hever View Post
    The old woman in the house on top of the hill in Driftveil speaks really slow. I mean the text speed is slow when you talk to her, even when I had my text speed set to fast.
    I'm pretty sure that's not a glitch. N talks faster than normal on every speed setting and Cheren points it out, so this is also probably intentional.

Does the evolution/trade glitch return or the cloning glitch?
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Sometimes there won't be any sound on my side, during a battle. For example, I first noticed it when I was facing a wild Audino with my Archen, and it used doubleslap on me. It showed the animation for the slapping, but no sound could be heard except for the actual damage sound when the hp bar goes down (it sounds like a simple crunch). Using an item, it made the first bling sound, but not the ~restoring~ sound. I don't know how to explain this well. But now it occurs every so often, and it won't go away unless I turn the game off and back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Sometimes there won't be any sound on my side, during a battle. For example, I first noticed it when I was facing a wild Audino with my Archen, and it used doubleslap on me. It showed the animation for the slapping, but no sound could be heard except for the actual damage sound when the hp bar goes down (it sounds like a simple crunch). Using an item, it made the first bling sound, but not the ~restoring~ sound. I don't know how to explain this well. But now it occurs every so often, and it won't go away unless I turn the game off and back on.

I've never experienced any volume related glitches with the game. Its possible that you're experiencing the glitches because there may be a fault with your actual DS Console, and not the game itself.

I've noticed sometimes, even though I have text speed on fast, text lags behind for even a second during battles. It isn't common but I've noticed it numerous amount of times.

It's not exactly a glitch, but it has been mentioned in this thread:

The 3v3 battles where two of your pokemon gets KOed the same turn. You try to switch click one to switch and it won't let you.

What you have to do is actually click the first one, move it to the top of your list, then it'll either continue with the battle or make you pick another one to send out if you have another left.

Very badly explained and I only figured it out by pressing random buttons.

Just a quick question.
    Does the GTS evolution glitch still work?

Here's a glitch that I learned the hard way. In Triple Battles, if two or more of your Pokemon are knocked out in the same turn, and if you have more than one Pokemon in reserve, then you're stuck. Basically, you choose one Pokemon to bring out, then it would allow you to choose another, but when you do, it says *said Pokemon* cannot be switched out now. Thus, you're stuck and have no choice but to reset.
    The moral here? SAVE BEFORE YOU DO A TRIPLE BATTLE.
    -------------------
    I just had that same problem =[ 3 hours of progress gone and i had finally caught that rare pokemon i was looking for

Credit to Level99love from "userbar making" for my userbar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteForest View Post
    Here's a glitch that I learned the hard way. In Triple Battles, if two or more of your Pokemon are knocked out in the same turn, and if you have more than one Pokemon in reserve, then you're stuck. Basically, you choose one Pokemon to bring out, then it would allow you to choose another, but when you do, it says *said Pokemon* cannot be switched out now. Thus, you're stuck and have no choice but to reset.
    The moral here? SAVE BEFORE YOU DO A TRIPLE BATTLE.
    -------------------
    I just had that same problem =[ 3 hours of progress gone and i had finally caught that rare pokemon i was looking for
    That's the problem I said, as I said above, what it wants you to do is select a pokemon and move it to the first slot, then to pick the second as normal, but it doesn't tell you that. Sucks to hear that there's a quite a few people who've had the same problem, but at least I don't feel so stupid now for not knowing what had happened.

The bikers speed up whenever you press the B button around them. I know it's been said before but I just want to confirm it in my game as well.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Just a quick question.
    Does the GTS evolution glitch still work?
    It does not. I tried doing doing it like I did in the 4th generation GTS, it did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Sounds like a fault with your DS, unfortunately. I suppose the only way to be sure is to try playing on another DS, and see whether it still occurs.

I had one Pokemon left while I was in the double grass. I tried sending it out but it wouldn't let me send my last Pokemon out so I had to shut the game off. Luckily I saved after hatching a shiny Munna, but still didn't save recently.

UPDATE: If two of your Pokemon faint in the double grass at the same time, you won't be able to switch in any more of your Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Black&White View Post
    I had one Pokemon left while I was in the double grass. I tried sending it out but it wouldn't let me send my last Pokemon out so I had to shut the game off. Luckily I saved after hatching a shiny Munna, but still didn't save recently.
    UPDATE: If two of your Pokemon faint in the double grass at the same time, you won't be able to switch in any more of your Pokemon.
    I assume the problem you had was similar to the problems other people had with Triple Battles. You have to select which Pokemon you want to replace with the Pokemon you're sending out.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Glalie View Post
    I assume the problem you had was similar to the problems other people had with Triple Battles. You have to select which Pokemon you want to replace with the Pokemon you're sending out.
    So it wasn't a glitch?

So it wasn't a glitch?
    Nope, it wasn't. How to do that part just wasn't explained very well in the game.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Okay I found a very minor glitch. if your close your DS and open it back up after the time changes (Day->Evening) a little graphical glitch will happen. My screen flashed an orange color just now.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

This is a small glitch that happened recently that I can't explain. I just caught a Kyurem and put him in my party. A few minutes later, his Max HP increased by 1 point without using items or leveling up! When I caught him he had 279 HP. When I taught him a few moves with tms and used them in a battle, his HP increased when the battle ended!

Small glitch I'm not sure has been discussed: Has anybody noticed that when you teach a pokemon a new move that the PP decreases to the PP of the move forgotten?
    Ex: Dragon Tail: 10/10 PP/ Teach Dragon Claw: 10/15 PP.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast