Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W Glitches Discussion

This seems really minor, but has anyone else ever caught a Pokemon after the Ball shakes only once? It's happened to me a few times now..Is it even a glitch at all?

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    This seems really minor, but has anyone else ever caught a Pokemon after the Ball shakes only once? It's happened to me a few times now..Is it even a glitch at all?
    That's called a Critical Capture.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/capture.shtml
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Quote Originally Posted by aclover View Post
    i'd check everywhere you can deposit pokemon for rotom.
    the GTS, Day care, Party, Boxes etc... Just to make sure.
    i did. still no where to be found. this saddens me :[

^Pokemon GPX^

my current goal is to make a ghost team named after beauty and the beast characters ♥♥♥

Those this count?
    I've never failed so far using this tactic of button mashing L+R while in the capturing sequence and always captured on first try. I captured Victini with a great ball in first try, a lv 35 drudigon with a nest ball on first try, Cobalion with a quick ball on first try and other pokemon, still haven't gotten to Zekrom though and I haven't even gotten around to use my ultra balls yet.

Is this pure luck and coincidence or is this an actual glitch?

I use an old pretty beat up original DS and the L+R buttons don't work unless I'm button mashing. Oh and my team is : Serperior. Victini. Panpour. Gurdurr. Zebstrika. HM slave.

Quote Originally Posted by gx1xd1pd View Post
    Those this count?
    I've never failed so far using this tactic of button mashing L+R while in the capturing sequence and always captured on first try. I captured Victini with a great ball in first try, a lv 35 drudigon with a nest ball on first try, Cobalion with a quick ball on first try and other pokemon, still haven't gotten to Zekrom though and I haven't even gotten around to use my ultra balls yet.

Is this pure luck and coincidence or is this an actual glitch?

I use an old pretty beat up original DS and the L+R buttons don't work unless I'm button mashing. Oh and my team is : Serperior. Victini. Panpour. Gurdurr. Zebstrika. HM slave.
    It's just a coincidence, nothing more.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

I found out how to gain minimal xp. For some reason, whenever I use a high level pokemon (so far it's been lvl 60+) to battle an extremely low level pokemon (so far its been lvl 4 and bellow) it says I only gain 1-3 xp. Whenever I use a lower level pokemon to battle the wild low level pokemon I gain more xp (somewhere around 14-20).

^That isn't a glitch. When you fight a Pokemon lower level than yours, you get less Exp. But when you fight a Pokemon that is higher level, you get a lot more.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

On some fully evolved pokemon, like Beartic and Golurk, I see sparkles when they enter the battle, but they're not shiny. Reshiram and Zekrom also do this. It probably isn't a glitch, but can someone explain? And only some fully evolved pokes do it. I dont think that Cheren's Serperior did it...
    Gyarados is awesome.
    Magikarp irritates me.
    It's like Magikarp is Gyarados's annoying little brother.

I need an Azelf w/ Trick, Stealth Rock and Explosion, and/or a Uxie with Stealth Rock and Explosion. Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade it.

Quote Originally Posted by magikarp_hater View Post
    On some fully evolved pokemon, like Beartic and Golurk, I see sparkles when they enter the battle, but they're not shiny. Reshiram and Zekrom also do this. It probably isn't a glitch, but can someone explain? And only some fully evolved pokes do it. I dont think that Cheren's Serperior did it...
    is it a seal? or mabye the ball thety were caught in

Quote Originally Posted by poke-lord View Post
    is it a seal? or mabye the ball thety were caught in
    There aren't seals in this game.... Have you ever used an action replay on your game? And what does the sparkle look like?

Hey, I'm pretty sure I've figured it out. This always happens with larger Pokémon, correct? I was very curious since the first time I saw it was when this trainer sent out a Scolipede. I checked its Pokédex entry online and found out that Scolipede weighs at least over 300 pounds, or more I think O_O Same with Golurk and Gigalith, they stir up a bunch of dust when they land and have a loud "CRASH" sound. Serperior is just above 100 pounds so it has a gentler "thud" sound, and if a Pokémon weighs even less the sound is even softer. Pokémon that fly/levitate/swim during the battle make no extra noise at all.

As far as my own glitches go, I don't remember any except MAYBE OHKO'ing a Boldore. But, I barely even remember if that's what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpressMyuu View Post
    Hey, I'm pretty sure I've figured it out. This always happens with larger Pokémon, correct? I was very curious since the first time I saw it was when this trainer sent out a Scolipede. I checked its Pokédex entry online and found out that Scolipede weighs at least over 300 pounds, or more I think O_O Same with Golurk and Gigalith, they stir up a bunch of dust when they land and have a loud "CRASH" sound. Serperior is just above 100 pounds so it has a gentler "thud" sound, and if a Pokémon weighs even less the sound is even softer. Pokémon that fly/levitate/swim during the battle make no extra noise at all.

As far as my own glitches go, I don't remember any except MAYBE OHKO'ing a Boldore. But, I barely even remember if that's what happened.
    Oh he meant the thud that Heavy pokemon make when they come out.

Weird... I stepped on Audino Shaking Grass at the Giant Chasm and a wild lvl 100 Mewtwo appeared, I couldn't run away cuz he's fast, but surprisingly he used moves of Audino and I caught him and it was turned back to Audino but still lvl 100... O_o Stats of lvl 100 Mewtwo though...
    I regret, renounce, and denounce all of my sinful posts on this forum and those of others.
    Pokemon games, shows, and movies are all heretical and idolatrous.
    If possible please remove all of my posts here and delete my account.
    For your only hope of salvation visit http://www.johnthebaptist.us/

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ez4me2bro View Post
    Weird... I stepped on Audino Shaking Grass at the Giant Chasm and a wild lvl 100 Mewtwo appeared, I couldn't run away cuz he's fast, but surprisingly he used moves of Audino and I caught him and it was turned back to Audino but still lvl 100... O_o Stats of lvl 100 Mewtwo though...
    Ok well done you had my believing for a second there

I had something odd happen with Wi-fi.

I had about three FCs on my Pal Pad. I added a new one to go trade, and then went into the Wifi room to connect. While connecting, I got an error message (not sure exactly what it said as it was in Japanese) and disconnected.
    When I tried to reconnect, it told me I needed a friend code from someone. Sure enough, all of my friend codes were deleted. Is this a glitch or something else?

EDIT: My friend code apparently reset itself, too... it's like my Pal Pad got completely reset.
    Last edited by Skibob; 19th March 2011 at 8:43 PM.
    TORN APART BY SPACIAL REND!

Black FC: 3224 5281 0661
    White FC: 1978 9832 9805

POKEMON BLACK E4 SCRAMBLE

POKEMON EMERALD NUZLOCKE
    Party:
    Box:
    Dead:

... But this is not a favorable matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpressMyuu View Post
    Did your Pokemon have Mold Breaker, or use a multi-hit move like Gear Grind?Either one would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibob View Post
    I had something odd happen with Wi-fi.

I had about three FCs on my Pal Pad. I added a new one to go trade, and then went into the Wifi room to connect. While connecting, I got an error message (not sure exactly what it said as it was in Japanese) and disconnected.
    When I tried to reconnect, it told me I needed a friend code from someone. Sure enough, all of my friend codes were deleted. Is this a glitch or something else?

EDIT: My friend code apparently reset itself, too... it's like my Pal Pad got completely reset.
    You changed which DS you use for accessing Wifi, didn't you? That would do it.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

This happens with heavy Pokemon like Gigalith.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Those aren't sparkles. It is dust being kicked up.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    ^That isn't a glitch. When you fight a Pokemon lower level than yours, you get less Exp. But when you fight a Pokemon that is higher level, you get a lot more.
    I swear, like 90% of the posts in this thread aren't even pointing out real glitches. I think I've only read one post in this thread that points out an actual glitch.

This is why I never bother reading the whole of these sorts of threads.

Anyway, the only one I've seen (that I remember) is through the GTS. I was searching for a Whimsicott and amongst the list of pokemon it found, one was an Oshawott but it was named Whimsicott. I would say it could have been nicknamed but that still wouldn't explain why it was being picked up on the search, as the GTS would check for the Pokemons' species ID and not its name. (Because if it did, then you'll never find a nicknamed or foreign Pokemon).
    I'm guessing the Pokemon was hacked with an Action Replay or something of the sort and ended up a horrible mistake.
    It may still be up there as I encountered that only yesterday.
    Last edited by NotChip; 20th March 2011 at 1:09 AM.
    Reserved

Quote Originally Posted by NotChip View Post
    This is why I never bother reading the whole of these sorts of threads.

Anyway, the only one I've seen (that I remember) is through the GTS. I was searching for a Whimsicott and amongst the list of pokemon it found, one was an Oshawott but it was named Whimsicott. I would say it could have been nicknamed but that still wouldn't explain why it was being picked up on the search, as the GTS would check for the Pokemons' species ID and not its name. (Because if it did, then you'll never find a nicknamed or foreign Pokemon).
    I'm guessing the Pokemon was hacked with an Action Replay or something of the sort and ended up a horrible mistake.
    It may still be up there as I encountered that only yesterday.
    That glitch was common in 4th generation games and carried over to the fifth for some reason. I don't know why the developers didn't have a solution because they probabaly knew it was there in the games they made in 4th. Its not an AR hacked Pokemon most likely.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Glalie View Post
    It's just a coincidence, nothing more.
    Are you sure? cause I caught like six pokemon on victry road first try with just pokeballs. I still havent failed once at this I have like 70 something pokemon caught most in pokeballs and great balls

On my White Version, the game froze twice: first in N's Castle on the way to N and second in the battle with Ghetsis. This has never happened before or after these two times. Has this happened to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ez4me2bro View Post
    Your game is either ruined by Action Replay or Gameshark, or you have really much imagination.

Are you sure? cause I caught like six pokemon on victry road first try with just pokeballs. I still havent failed once at this I have like 70 something pokemon caught most in pokeballs and great balls
    That has nothing to do with a glitch, you are just lucky. And when the health is down to red there is a big chance you catch it.

Ash only uses pokeballs. Duhhh......

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast