Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W Glitches Discussion

I've seen two glitches or perhaps just new game mechanics.

First: fighting moves appear to be super effective against flying pokemon. Perhaps this is because they are mostly part-normal but I've never seen this before this generation.

Second: training my pokemon using Exp. Share and when I go to check on it, its max HP is higher eventhough the HP itself hasn't changed. No i haven't used in battle because its weak. I suppose this could be apart ofthe new ev mechanics but as for now it seems like a glitch.
    In this world, there are those with power and those with strength.
    If you don't fear the power of legends or the strengths of perfection copy/paste this msg in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Fataal View Post

First: fighting moves appear to be super effective against flying Pokemon. Perhaps this is because they are mostly part-normal but I've never seen this before this generation.

Second: training my Pokemon using Exp. Share and when I go to check on it, its max HP is higher, although the HP itself hasn't changed. No i haven't used in battle because its weak. I suppose this could be apart of the new EV mechanics but as for now it seems like a glitch.
    1. roost?

2. level up raises the stats? you gain evs through exp share also
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/t9a1b7.jpg[/IMG]
    HG friend code : 4340 7324 1742
    Black Friend code : 1635 3818 5907

Quote Originally Posted by Fataal View Post

First: fighting moves appear to be super effective against flying pokemon. Perhaps this is because they are mostly part-normal but I've never seen this before this generation.
    What moves did you use, what move di the flying Pokemon just use

Second: training my pokemon using Exp. Share and when I go to check on it, its max HP is higher eventhough the HP itself hasn't changed. No i haven't used in battle because its weak. I suppose this could be apart ofthe new ev mechanics but as for now it seems like a glitch.
    THat would be the EV mechanic, yes

I haven't really noticed any major glitches, but there are quite a few graphical glitches in this game, I guess from the upgraded system, and also possibly because I'm playing on the original DS. There appears to be some kind of lag in the graphics quite often, for example the one in Nimbasa that has been mentioned before, and also when my brother is in my entralink, switching between a pokemon's two profile pages also causes several moments of lag, which scared me slightly when it first happened.
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

I swear to you that while trying to get a shiny zekrom (i don't normally SR for shinnies but i was bored), there was once where when it appeared, it was facing backwards! It flipped back like right when the battle started though..... It's like I tried fighting it so many times it got dizzy or something! XD
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

I don't claim Gallade. I claim ERURIEDO!!!! See? There he is! Fear him! Fear him I say!!!!!!

Check out my Fan Fic! It is scientifically proven to cure boredom! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7#post12109867

Quote Originally Posted by Gallade Dark Soul View Post
    I swear to you that while trying to get a shiny zekrom (i don't normally SR for shinnies but i was bored), there was once where when it appeared, it was facing backwards! It flipped back like right when the battle started though..... It's like I tried fighting it so many times it got dizzy or something! XD
    First, it is impossible to get a Shiny Zekrom/Reshiram, according to Serebii.

Second, you lie.
    Last edited by Mister_SGG; 20th March 2011 at 9:05 PM.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

I haven't noticed any major glitches in the game... However maybe I'm just being stupid here, but I can't seem to figure out how to switch my main pokemon during a rotation battle. I feel like I've tried everything, but apparently either my game is glitched, or I haven't figured it out quite yet. It's most likely the latter, lol.

At first I thought maybe only your opponent could switch out... But that wouldn't be fair now would it?

I put the TM for flamethrower onto my Volcarona over Heat Wave. Heat Wave had 10PP left (10 max), and I hadn't used flamethrower once since I put it on, I get into a battle, switch in my Volcarona, and flamethrower had the remaining PP of heat wave.

I wutted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHauntedOne View Post
    I haven't noticed any major glitches in the game... However maybe I'm just being stupid here, but I can't seem to figure out how to switch my main pokemon during a rotation battle. I feel like I've tried everything, but apparently either my game is glitched, or I haven't figured it out quite yet. It's most likely the latter, lol.

At first I thought maybe only your opponent could switch out... But that wouldn't be fair now would it?
    It's the later.

You need to click on the fainted pokemon with the one you are trying to switch, then switch another in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHauntedOne View Post

Go to where you chose your moves and you will see a little rotate symbole, one going left, one going right. press one of them and chose the other pokemon's move!

NOTE:
    *Yanmega instead of Vespiquen*
    *Magmortar instead of Arcanine*
    *Arcanine instead of Camerupt*

Quote Originally Posted by Phinocio View Post
    I put the TM for flamethrower onto my Volcarona over Heat Wave. Heat Wave had 10PP left (10 max), and I hadn't used flamethrower once since I put it on, I get into a battle, switch in my Volcarona, and flamethrower had the remaining PP of heat wave.

I wutted.
    That's not a glitch. It was intentional on the programmers' part. Since TMs can be reused, you could teach a Pokemon a new TM and then reteach it the old TM you made it forget to get the PP back up. Therefore the programmers made it so that the new move retains the PP of the old move to prevent this from happening.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Quote Originally Posted by Phinocio View Post

I wutted.
    It's intended so you can't abuse TMs to never run out of PP

phinocio and aclover... So there IS a way, I just knew it. Thanks guys! I feel really silly right about now.

I was battling a wild Cherrim and it was raining and it used Solarbeam, but it used it a turn early!

What happened:
    Turn 1: Cherrim uses Solarbeam, begins charging.
    Turn 2: The attack happened.

What SHOULD HAVE happened:
    Turn 2: Still charging, because it's raining.
    Turn 3: The attack happens.
    00][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    I was battling a wild Cherrim and it was raining and it used Solarbeam, but it used it a turn early!

What happened:

I don't think Solarbeam ever worked like that.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    I don't think Solarbeam ever worked like that.
    Correct, it's never done that. Solarbeam's power is halved in Rain/Hail/Sand, though

im not sure if this is a glitch but when you run on routee 9 the bikers move faster than normal. it also hapens with other trainers on a vehichle. just felt like sharing.
    HG/SS Friend Code:5156-5779-8535
    Black Friend Code:3696-9320-8677
    White Friend Code:4427-1588-0618

I am currently lookin for female DW pokemon.
    Also lookin for Timid/Modest Latios

Quote Originally Posted by Gallade Dark Soul View Post
    You're seeing things
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Beast View Post
    im not sure if this is a glitch but when you run on routee 9 the bikers move faster than normal. it also hapens with other trainers on a vehichle. just felt like sharing.
    That isn't a glitch, because it's a mechanic to keep you from dodging them, similar to how a trainer will turn to face you if you try to run behind them.

However, I did find something that could be a glitch relating to those bikers. If you're on your bike and just ride past them, they stay at their normal speed (as if you are walking). However, if you hold down B and ride past them, even though you won't be moving any faster on your bike, the bikers will speed up as if you are running. I don't know if that would be a glitch so much as an oversight, though.

Also, I experienced the Double Battle glitch. Both of my Pokemon were knocked out. I sent one in, and when I went to choose another one, it told me I couldn't send it in. I had to reset to my last save point.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Also, I experienced the Double Battle glitch. Both of my Pokemon were knocked out. I sent one in, and when I went to choose another one, it told me I couldn't send it in. I had to reset to my last save point.
    Actually, it's the same as the Triple Battles. You still have to choose which Pokémon to replace.

No glitches I don't think. Although in my JPN White, for some reason I couldn't nickname my Pokemon certain curse words.
    Deadmau5 / YouTube / Shiny Toy Guns

Quote Originally Posted by zipzap713 View Post
    No glitches I don't think. Although in my JPN White, for some reason I couldn't nickname my Pokemon certain curse words.
    I don't think they let you name your Pokemon swears.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

You're seeing things
    U know, ur probably right. It was like 11 at night now that i think of it. Sorry for wastin space! U^_^
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

I don't claim Gallade. I claim ERURIEDO!!!! See? There he is! Fear him! Fear him I say!!!!!!

Check out my Fan Fic! It is scientifically proven to cure boredom! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7#post12109867

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    I don't think they let you name your Pokemon swears.
    This is true. You are not allowed to give your Pokemon certain names anymore. So if you try to call your Pokemon the f-word or something, the game won't let you.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post

What happened:

Solarbeam has always been happens on the second turn, unless it's sunny, which is instant instead of waiting until the second turn.

It never happens on the third turn. It's always first turn charges, second turn goes boom, regardless of weather, again unless it is sunny, which makes it instant.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast