View Poll Results: Which was the hardest leader?

Voters
2369. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chili/Cilan/Cress

218 9.20%
  • Lenora

792 33.43%
  • Burgh

120 5.07%
  • Elesa

741 31.28%
  • Clay

215 9.08%
  • Skyla

71 3.00%
  • Brycen

56 2.36%
  • Drayden/Iris

429 18.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Default Hardest Unova Gym Leader

OK so I decided to make a poll on who people think was the hardest Unova gym leader and why. For me it was Clay. Krokorok and Palpitoad were easy wins but Excadrill destroyed me twice before I managed to beat Clay. Anyone else had a gym leader who was a pain?

Lenora's watchog destroyed my team at least eight times before i won (critical his overgrow leaf tornado ftw)
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

obviously lenora

Solo'ed Lenora with my Dewott. Was pretty easy imo. Used a xdef or two at the beginning and started building up fury cutters.

First gym on the other hand... Took at least five tries.
    Guess where meditite
    got its design from?

So far I have one shotted every gym, but I see Iris being hardest because of dragon types >.<

I would say that Cilan/Chili/Cress were the hardest Leaders to beat, mostly because I didn't want to use the gift monkey for the battle. I suppose it would have been quite easy if I had used it, though. Anyway, my vote still goes to them.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

lenora (i still want to call her aloe) only one that took more than 1 go. Bug guy was easiest.

Name: Pinky
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

19/08/2012 - First time I've completed the Dex since 1999.

I don't use uber Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

I've only challenged 3 gyms, but the hardest was probably Cilan, he took out 2 of my guys but the monkey saved me.

I don't know why people are saying Lenora was the hardest, I beat her in one go. But maybe it's because I caught a Sawk before trying
    Pokemon Black Version
    My Shinies:

Clay was the hardest for me. I had to reset, because once Excadrill came out, it kept getting crits on everything I had for some reason. I also had no potions. Every other gym leader was fairly easy for me.
    Shiny Pokemon List
    Ruby and Sapphire: Roselia, Wurmple, Zangoose, Oddish (didn't notice it was shiny, KO'ed)
    FireRed: Silcoon
    D P Pt:
    Random Encounters: Roselia(x2), Kriketune
    Chained: Larvitar(x10), Eevee(x2) Machop (2 on separate chains), Bagon
    Event: Pichu(x5)(1 evolved)
    HGSS: Red Gyarados(LoR), Chansey (Random Encounter)
    Current Shiny Target: Suicune(on hold), Cyndaquil
    Newest Shiny: Machop
    PM me if you want my friend code.
    I am not accepting battle requests currently
    Have a somewhat decent team for battling if you're interested.

Lenora was a pain on my first playthrough of B/W, due to a mix of my Pokemon being somewhat underleveled, as well the AI being smart enough to keep using Retaliate for STAB.

Elesa gave me a good bit of trouble. That is until my cute little Crustle (named Debbie) learned rock throw
    Oh noes D:

Elesa gave me the most trouble out of my 5 gym battles so far. Boldore handled the Emolga twins pretty well, but I had nothing that could deal massive damage to Zebstrika. Leavanny would have done well if it weren't for Flame Charge.... doh!

White FC: 0389 7992 5329 Trainer Name: Tudor

I wouldnt say any were easy (except Burgh but his Leavanny was annoying) perhaps because I didnt grind any gyms beforehand like I usually do.

But Iris was the hardest. Just because all my types were not very effective against her. Ended up using my Zeburaikas stomp over and over again til I won.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Lenora was the hardest for me. If I hadn't Throh she'd destroyed me xD
    <--- My Tumblr ♥ ~ (Thanks Mega Weavile)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    A Zinedine Zidane Pokemon would be awesome, although his only known move will probably be headbutt though.

I just beat gym 7 last night so I cant speak for the 8th gym.

Elesa was by far the hardest and to be honest the only gym that was a challenge(I had no type advantage or super effective moves). Had to use alot of super potions, but had no paralyze heal so that was annoying.

Chili was a pain in the butt. everytime his hp would get low he would "pickup" an oran berry and be perfectly fine it really pissed me off cuz i couldnt get any training done cuz for some reason the audino thing wasnt working =/

The Opulucid City gym was a pain in my *** too. the gym leader wasnt that bad but all those damn trainers GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! lol

MY WHITE TEAM:

CHANDELURE: SERPERIOR: HAXORUS: CARRACOSTA:THROH:REUNICLUS

Soul Silver FC: 3396-2277-8333
    Diamond FC: 0001-0025-4038
    White FC: 4513-0013-2732

Co-Owner of PokeMaster League
    Wanna Challenge or Be a Gym Leader? Then Click HERE!!!

Elesa was the hardest for me did every other gym in 1 try. But Elesa took me about 4 resets before I won.
    ''You gotta show 'em how bad you really want this.''

I can't honestly say I remember any of them giving me too much trouble. Probably Iris, just because I was a smidge underleveled at the time.

Skyla was the only one I actually lost to.
    Heart Gold 1591 7178 0890

Platinum: 4425 9372 9682

White: 0518 8595 3642

after clearing all 8 across 4 saves, and using all three starters. the only gym leader i found consistently hard was elesa, electric to sort out oshawatt, and flying for snivy/tepig. as well as flame charge on the zebra.
    the first gym is made trivial by the gift monkey
    the second by the lvl 17+ throh/sawk in the nearby grass
    the third can be a pain for water/grass starter. but bad movepools and low stats on his pokemon make him ok
    fourth is a pain, as stated
    fifth is fairly 'meh' never fought him and come out thinking he was exceptionally hard, or easy
    sixth was a pain with snivy, but trivial with tepig (and rollout), or slash with oshawott
    seventh was a pain with snivy (again) but fairly 'meh' with osha, trivial with tepig
    i always had a haxorus in my team by the time i got to the eigth gym, so was very trivial too.

the only recurring theme was how snivy has not one gym where he is super effective against all pokemon (he's weak to 5 or 6 out of 8)
    while tepig is strong vs 5 or 6 with the right moveset.

this surprised me, as they normally give the grass starter the type advantage to make up for the less then impressive movepool and stats

I've only done 5 gyms so far.

Cilan-Was rather easy for me.
    Lenora-Easy one again.
    Burgh-Easy.
    Elesa-Easy.
    Clay-Easy.

But for the most part my Pokemon were much higher leveled them theirs.

EDIT: So I don't really know who was the hardest so far, I guess maybe Burgh.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Elesa's the Electric gym right? She was REALLY tough. I was using my Pignite's fighting moves in that gym, but her blasted flying electric type destroyed me, so I got in a slug match with her using my Zebstrika. The battle took FOREVER!!!!
    Last edited by AmpharosFanatic; 9th March 2011 at 5:06 PM.
    SoulSilver FC: 0562 2957 9153
    Hey all, glad to be here! While I don't battle professionally or anything, I wouldn't mind trading or battling for fun with anyone.

For me it was Elesa. She kept annoying me with that Electric-Switch-Out-Attack and she always paralyzed me.
    'Cause Magnezone is too mainstream.

Krokorok was very helpful against Elesa, being immune to Electric attacks made her pretty much useless. Krokorok basically took out each Pokemon with one or two hits. I've seen Lenora and Elesa being mentioned by people to be really tough, too bad for those two they didn't get a chance to show their battling style against me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I went with Lenora. Her Herdier is pretty difficult to take down and then she has that Watchog with all sorts of tough moves. I forget exactly how I ended up defeating her in the Japanese games, but I recall losing several Pokemon to her Watchog. Lenora is like Generation 5's Whitney :x

Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast