View Poll Results: Who likes/doesn't like this thread???

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll

20 95.24%
  • Doesn't like

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Nickname Discussion Thread

Excalibur/Serperior: originally named so because of a striking similarity between Snivy and the character from Soul Eater, but evolved more into a reference to the sword due to Serperior's regal appearance.
    Kilik/Scrafty: because Scrafty shares a fighting style with Kilik from the Soul Eater manga. (there seems to be a pattern here)
    Hotep/Cofagrigus: mostly because of the whole egyptian thing, partially because of the movie Bubba Ho-Tep.
    Alphonse/Golurk: due to the resemblance between the younger Elric brother's armor and the pokemon.
    Alura/Lilligant: because she's a plant, basically. >_> partial reference to the monster Alura Une from several Castlevania games.
    Doctor/Haxorus: this about sums it up.
    Vegas/Braviary: what better to name an all-american pokemon than after one of the most iconic places in the USA?
    Spire/Gigalith: named for the character from Metroid Prime: Hunters.
    Tylee/Mienshao: for the character from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
    Cole/Galvantula: inFamous reference.
    Ganon/Emboar: fairly obvious, no? Dark Beast Ganon, from most Legend of Zelda games.

Dude

Born In Battle, bred to kill

White:
    Mystique/Zoroark: Xmen reference
    Miju/Samurott: after Oshawott's Japanese name
    Snappy/Krookodile: fairly self explanatory
    St Elmo/Chandelure: because the Chandelure family line is based on the myth of St Elmo's Fire
    Goliath/Conkeldurr: it seemed appropriate!
    Darling/Sawsbuck: because Dearling reminded me of Blackadder ><

Black:
    Mamba/Servine: I couldn't think of anything else :/
    Kitsune/Vulpix: because Vulpix is based on Kitsune, a mythical Japanese fox (ok so is Zoroark but oh well)
    Fontaine/Panpour: because his head looks like a fountain? Idk.
    Friend codes:
    White: Patrick 1335 2483 5590
    Diamond: PATRICK 4983 2161 1625

Have female DW Vulpixes and Poliwags, among others. Searching for Female DW Eevees.

I've been nicknaming my Pokemon words that I feel describe them. And for my playthrough, I'm being ridiculous with nicknaming; I'm literally trying to nickname the first of every species I catch. Thus, I nicknamed my starter (tepig) "Charger" because it charges into the battle. A few others:
    Patrat- Hypnotist, because of the swirly eyes
    Throh- Escapist, due to the number of pokeballs and great balls it escaped from before being caught by... a heal ball.
    Herdier- Fidelious. Not an actual word, but a reference to "fidelity" because of their loyalty.
    Blitzle- Jag, suggested by my friend because of the jagged mane
    Munna- Diviner, because of the psychic typing and the connection to dreams perhaps allowing seeing the future through dreams
    Raggenrola- Grenado, after "grenade" due to their circular shape and the fact they have an energy core, which I feel should be explosive.
    Etc...

Panpour--Kaya.
    Kaya is the name of a Bob Marley album and I've been informed that there is speculation Simipour is based off Marley. And that is awesome.

Victini--Goliaeth. Sounds like Goliath, the legendary big man, but is actually the end of the Welsh word for victory (according to Google Translate), which is fuddugoliaeth. So I get the lolz from naming my Victini after something big, but it also has a deeper meaning.

That is all. I'm not really into nicknaming my Pokemon.

EDIT: I plan on obtaining a Rufflet in a trade from my brother. It shall be christened Colbert before he trades it to me.

St Elmo/Chandelure: because the Chandelure family line is based on the myth of St Elmo's Fire
    Vegas/Braviary: what better to name an all-american pokemon than after one of the most iconic places in the USA?
    Haxorus- Demios, one of the sons of the greek god Ares, names means "terror."
    Wow I really like these. Nice work!
    Last edited by KickAsh; 11th March 2011 at 2:47 AM.

Here are my nicknames and why I chose them:

Samurott- Ringo. I honestly have no idea. I guess.. it kinda just clicked for me. It was 2:30 in the morning when I named him... so don't be too harsh! lol

Sawsbuck- Bambi. This one is quite obvious. For those who live under a rock, this the famous deer that is in the Disney movie Bambi.. I know it's not that original, but I really couldn't think of anything else at the time.

Electross- Elecdra. Yeah I know, it's lame. But it was really hard thinking of a good girl name, and ... it's kinda charming in a way lol

Braviary- Apollo. I named him after Apollo the famous Greek God. I really liked it and it fit him well.

Haxorus- Kaida. I named her Kaida because it was a name for dragon I think. Idk, but I liked it : )

Chandelure- Remi. Once again, a name made up right on the spot. I have no idea why I named her this.. but now I think it's kinda adorable. : )
    Please check out my nuzlocke!!
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke Zetaboard
    or if you prefer:
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke DA

My favorite pokemon:

----><----

Shogun (Samurott)- well pretty obvious, a shogun was a Japanese military rank/title
    Duncan (Scraggy)- Um, laugh if you want, but this little guy is named after Duncan from Total Drama Island. I figured you know delinquent, mohawk, etc. It fits really well if you know him from the show
    Arx (Archen)- I really have no idea I mean I basically took the first two letters and last letter of archeopteryx, not very original
    Electricia (Tynamo)- well i mean it is an eel +tricia. In addition, eels are technically fish an my family used to have a fish with that name. She died unfortunately
    Flambeaux (Litwick)- again I don't know, I mean Flame is the only part really that makes sense. I named him after a restaurant I used to go to.
    Cream (Vanillite-not a permanent member)- I don't have to explain this one do I?
    Triryuu (Deino)- haven't got him yet but this will be his name when I do. Again, not too original. Tri=tree ryuu=dragon.
    Current White Team- 8 Badges

Shogun..Flambeaux..Arx..Duncan..Scylla..Electricia

I named a female Purrloin that i caught but isn't a part of my permadent team, KittyPurry. In reference to Katy Perry. Not a big fan of hers but it brings me lolz. Hahaha

And I named my female Yamask Cleopatra :3 because I'm doing a paper on her currently and she's Egyptian which has an obvious resemblance to this pokemon. Haha. I wish I could have named her CleopatraVII cause that was Cleopatras actual name but it was one letter too long ):

i ususally never do nicknames, but the names were too hot this gen. i only named two tho

Dewott- Futachi
    Unfezant- Birmask
    MY Black Team Attempt 2.0

R.I.P. Platinum Team... Eternal Love

Eh, no real rhyme or reason to my nicknames.

Coal (male Emboar) - Alternate spelling of Coal. Ironically enough, I used a Typhlosion named Coal in my now-deleted SoulSilver playthrough.
    Blossom (female Simisage) - I almost named her Sakura, but instead of "Cherry Blossom," I just went with "Blossom."
    Shina (female Zebstrika) From "Shine," though I just Googled the name and it turns out it's a racist way of describing China, so I'm open to suggestions for a new name.
    Keaton (male Zoroark) - Slowflake (a YouTuber I didn't really like at first but has grown on me) is LPing Ocarina of Time, and he had given the guard the Keaton Mask, so that's where that comes from.
    Rook (male Crustle) - Originally called Herman, but according to N, he liked to call himself Rook, so I changed the name. The name obviously comes from the Chess piece, since I found out that Crustle could be derived from "castle."
    Aeriel (female Ducklett) "The Little Mermaid's Aeriel (Water) and Aerial (Flying). Aren't homophones just the best, Serebii? Aren't they? AREN'T THEY?! Currently spelled with an "le" at the end, but I'll change that tomorrow.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

When I get A Sawk, I will name it Krillin(Dragon Ball Z reference) Because

1. It's Bald
    2. It's a fighting type, and Krillin fights people alot And
    3. Krillin is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by flygonabsol99 View Post
    When I get A Sawk, I will name it Krillin(Dragon Ball Z reference) Because

1. It's Bald
    2. It's a fighting type, and Krillin fights people alot And
    3. Krillin is Awesome!
    I would see Krillin as more of a Throh, but okay.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

I don't normally do nicknames for my team, but I decided to give it a shot this time.

Stormfall - Samurott: I chose this nickname because it felt fitting. I got the idea from Kingdom Hearts; named after one of Aqua's keyblades.
    Cello - Leavanny: I love the cello; it's lovely. It just started to stick to her.
    Faira - Victini: Again, another Kingdom Hearts reference. It's the Japanese spelling of the 'Fira' spell cast.
    TuxedoMask - Unfezant: A Sailor Moon reference my favorite anime that I grew up with. My Unfezant is a male so I felt I could use this name and get away with it since he wears a mask.
    Lightning - Eelektrik: It's actually named after Lightning from FFXIII since I love her character. But it also works since Eelektrik is an electric type. I know, not very original but oh well.
    NoctCaelum - Scrafty: This one is after the main character of the upcoming FF Versus XIII game. I chose it because Scrafty is a dark type and I like what the name (or phrase) "Noctis Lucis Caelum" is supposed to mean.

For chandelure im debating

Keeping name - Luminyte - Or Nytefyre - or Lumi

HMMMMM

My Pokemon Black adventure began on 3/6/11 and concluded on 4/2/11 at 2:52PM
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Read the Hunger Games? Yes? Join my RPG! Taking Sign ups now! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Been naming my team after video game characters.

Female Lillipup - Bastilla from Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
    Male Panpour - Neptulon from World Of Warcraft
    Male Snivy - Hayter the last name of David Hayter who voiced Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid, among many other roles
    Male Throh - Ryu from Street Fighter

Oshawatt-Otto, because its a otter and its kinda the oddball out of the starter trio so it fits. probably will chance wen it becomes samurott

Reshiram-Wyvern, because thats wat it looks lik 2 me

i havent thought of anymore

EDIT:wheres the name rater in Black
    Last edited by Roxas013; 11th March 2011 at 5:21 AM.

What do you think I should name my male unfezant?

I want something to do with its mask....

I got another nickname that i gave my pokemon .... Blitzle - Bolt... cuz lightning bolt, plus its fast

My Pokemon Black adventure began on 3/6/11 and concluded on 4/2/11 at 2:52PM
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Read the Hunger Games? Yes? Join my RPG! Taking Sign ups now! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Serperior (Partridge) - In a pear tree.
    Lilligant (Lucia) - Just liked the sound of it.
    Swoobat (Caritas) - Latin for love and charity
    Sawsbuck (Pierce) - Named after his horns and Horn Leech
    Chandelure / Currently a Lampent (Sanctuary) - Eh, it's named for an anomaly. These ghost-types aren't really sacred at all
    Jellicent (Poirot) - Named after Hercule Poirot, the Belgian sleuth with the enormous mustache.
    Black & White

Serperior - Kudzu
    Unfezant- Brooklyn
    Seismitoad- Wart
    Scrafty - Husk
    Carracosta - Nautilus
    Galvantula - Tickler(till I can think of something better)
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by locomo View Post
    What do you think I should name my male unfezant?

I want something to do with its mask....
    Harlequin? just a suggestion

I named mine after an area of NYC cause pigeons are city birds
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

the only nickname i came up with so far was when i first saw and caught my lilipup i just named it "weirdthing"

Good job people, keep it up!!! this thread is gonna be pretty successful i think

I think this is the first time I am actively nicknaming my Pokemon. This is my current:

Krem the Krokorok,
    Huey the Ducklett,
    Hood the Scraggy,
    Vanille the Vanillish,
    Geissler the Tynamo, and
    52 the Elgyem.

I like a lot of Pokemon this gen, so I rotate fairly often. Some names fit better with their stage at the time of capture, not so much for their evolved forms, but that doesn't really bother me. Yes, some are pretty unimaginative/lame, but whatever.

Other Pokemon I have used also include:
    Pill the Scolipede,
    Wotter the Samurott,
    Terrier the Stoutland,
    Nod the Unfezant,
    Patty the Watchog,
    Toast the Pansear,
    Mite the Galvantula,
    Zubat the Swoobat, and
    Ixion the Blitzle.

Reminder to tell us why you nickname your pokemon what you have

ok, sorry about the double post but anyway...

I've heard your nicknames, you've heard your nicknames, i think it's time you heard my nicknames...

I'm almost definately going to have a Zorua on my team so I'll nickname it Morusion:
    -Mo comes from modest
    -Ru comes from zoRUa
    -sion comes from its ability IlluSION

I might as well have a Snivy, nickname will be Lornegace i know it sounds weird but oh well:
    -L from Leaf
    -orn from tORNado
    -eg from enErGy ball
    -ace from aerial ACE

I just loooove blizle so....... how about Flunder:
    -fl from FLame charge
    -under from thUNDER

Ok guys, go onto my visitor messages and tell me what you want me to make a nickname for... it can be any gen pokemon but i would prefer 5th gen

I don't have a theme, I just think of nicknames on the spot.

Shellblade- Samurott. Obviously after the attack, which I personally think is better than Razor Shell. It's still a good name though.

Leggs- Galvantula. This should be fairly obvious; it's a Tarantula

Balla- Scrafty. Scrafty is based on gang members, hence it's baggy pants. In GTA San Andreas the rival gang was called the Ballas (might have the spelling wrong-haven't played it in years) so I called it that.

Oakley- Krookodile. After the sunglasses make. The Sandile line has the black eyes obviously.

Oddjob- Sigilyph. This is so uncreative. It looks odd, so I called it Oddjob :S

Darmanitan- Alastair. The EYEBROWS. If you don't know who Alastair Darling is, google him, you'll see why I called him this.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast