View Poll Results: Who likes/doesn't like this thread???

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll

20 95.24%
  • Doesn't like

1 4.76%
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,201 to 1,217 of 1217

Thread: Pokémon Nickname Discussion Thread

For my White 2 playthrough I named all of my team members after characters from Arthurian legend, mostly based off the Once and Future King, not so much Morte de Arthur. So I had

Arthur the Samurott
    Lancelot the Lucario
    Guinevere the Roserade
    Morgana the Zoroark
    Gawain the Arcanine
    Mordred the Electvire

When I caught Kyurem and Reshiram, I named them Uther and Merlin, respectively.

Some more of my Nick-Names. Most of them are Dark Souls Related.

Murkrow - Velka, Velka is a character from the game Dark Souls known as the goddess of sin and her symbol was the crow.

Sharpedo - Hoshigaki, named after Kisame Hoshigaki from the anime Naruto, Kisame has a shark -like appearence and his sword's name is Samehada, which translates to Shark-Skin, a refernce to Sharpedos' Rough Skin ability.

Smeargle - Ariamis, another character from Dark Souls, he created the Painted World within Anor Londo which is loosely based on the Ancient City of Oolacile, and it is said that anyone who draws near the painting will be sucked in forever.

Zekrom - Kalameet - After the Black Dragon Kalameet in Dark Souls, one of the Everlasting Dragons.
    Shiny Pokemon collection http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9820979&type=3

Shiny Dex Completion - 0/649

National Dex Completion - 375/649

I always loved nicknames of pokemon. They can tell you a lot about the trainer, and their creativity. I have a lot of interesting nicknames, but I have three favorites.

Breloom-LOL Punch
    I have no Idea where I got this name, but since this Breloom is a Technician Breloom, he uses Mach Punch. So, when I found him in a Hidden Grotto, I just thought of the name LOL Punch

Garchomp-Mama Gappa
    I found this guy on a used Diamond version, so it isn't my creation for a Nickname. She had perfect IVs(As I later found out), but at the time, I knew she had great stats, so I used it a lot, and the name stuck on me. Ever since, I have named every Gible Mama Gappa, yes even males. The name has endured ever since

Kingdra-Pwny
    A mix of the words Pwn, since Kingdras pwn, and Pony, since it's a seahorse. Get it Pwny, pony. Ahahahaha...ha...ha...I'll just shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by magikot View Post
    I'm breeding a fun team on my white game I'm naming "Team DURP!" which is basically a team made up of pokemon with silly or durpy faces.

Conkledurr (ConkleDURP)
    Stunfisk (DURPafish)
    Swoobat (DURPabat)
    Garbodor (GarboDURP)
    Vanilluxe (DURPacone)

I haven't decided who I want for the 6th spot yet.
    LOL! I would love to see that!
    Games I have: Red, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond(traded),Pearl(lost), Platinum, SoulSilver(treaded) HeartGold, Black, White(stolen), Black 2, White 2.

Black 2 Team:

I give them nicknames like... Fishstick/Seafood/Salad.. Mostly based on their names or color. Or what kind of animal theyare based on etc c:
    There is no upperhand hand, I'm giving you mine. It doesn't have to end up wasting your time. There's things that I could say, here in my way. I wanna let you know, that it's all okay.

You love pizza!

Go eat Tuna fish!

I still have no life. Trololo ~

Black 2. My fc : 4213 5452 6544

(Credit goes to FairyWitch)

(Credit goes to Astral Shadow)

I like giving clever nickname or nicknames based on their typing.

My favorite (didn't come up with it). Is Acooltent (Tentacool).

I always nickname my Pokemon. This is the list of pokemon I have right now in Pokemon White 2 that has a nickname.

Two Absol's = Yin-Yang and Mifune
    Ho-oh = Aion
    Tornadus = Thor
    Giratina = Sombra
    Arcanine = Kiba
    Cresselia = Sora
    Jellicent = Ippin
    Venomoth = Shino
    Aipom = Emma
    Bronzor = Gin
    Firafarig = Futago
    Oshawott = Desuki
    Houndoom = Ferrum
    Torkoal = Zoku
    Camerupt = Dotin
    Zorua = Nyx
    Accelgor = Bagu
    Aridos = Fu
    Beutifly = Mika
    Beedrill = Hachi
    Butterfree = Ochi
    Heracross = Terra
    Aron = Tetsu
    Groundon = Gaia
    Ponyta = Natsu

I have a Darkrai and a Manaphy but they are not nicknamed.

I nicknamed Oshawott Ollie. Have no idea why.
    I nicknamed Lilipup - Lily. Still no idea why.
    I nicknamed Purloin- Coolcat. Good try right?
    Nicknamed Blitzle- Elecra. Basicly Electric and Zebra
    I have nicknamed Darumaka- Hotdog. I know he is not a dog btw.
    I nicknamed Vanilitte- Yum. I was hungry and it is an icecream/snow cone and I had no idea what to nickname it so I called it that. lol.

I have never gave a nickname to any of my Pokemon and I've been playing the game since it first came out.
    Nicknames just don't appeal to me for some reason.

I have a slowpoke named Bozo. I was tempted to name it Hemingway-I have a slowbro in platinum named Ernest. They could tag team-Feel the wrath of ERNEST HEMINGWAY!
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368

I rarely name my Pokémon nowadays. But after restarting my Black game, I got a female Tepig and named her, so back to naming!
    Tepig=Puka
    Purrloin=Purrhotty [Hotty was actually a different word.]
    Lilipup= Lilia

--
    Black 2 names.

Zorua=Nilbert
    My traded away Chansey=Happiness

--
    Emerald names, BEFORE I LOST THE DARN THING--I'm sorry. That was truly my favorite game, and I'm crushed that I lost it after all those years.

Rayquaza=Starflyer
    Flygon=Freefall [This was when I watched Dinotopia as a child. There was this dinosaur name Freeflow or Freefall that David [one of the main characters] rode.]
    Marshtomp=Earthshaker
    Latios=Windrunner

Got two spiritombs. One shiny one not. Named Shiny one Wendy and the non-shiny Casper :3

Hmmm, I nickname almost all my Pokémon. I'm pretty proud of Serephin the Growlithe, Kieth the Buizel, Caroline the Charizard, Masamune the Shiny Braviary, Raj the Shiny Staraptor, and many, many more. Might post a few more of my nicknames!
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

I named my Black2 Team after stars:

Deneb the Samurott
    Centauri the Arcanine
    Betelgeuse the Whimsicott
    Barnard the Gliscor
    Rigel the Weavile
    Thuban the Eelektross
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

Yui, a Female Reuniclus
    It reminded me of an anime character plus i was out of names ^^;
    Tsubaki, female Lilligant, again reminded me of an anime character and plus, why the heck not
    Knife, male Bisharp, because it looks like it is wielding one, but it's a Gentle nature, (which I wouldnt expect from something so dangerous as a Bisharp D: ) so i went with something a little less threatening ^^;
    Fluffee, a female Whimiscott, its so fluffy im gonna die!
    Mask, a female Zoroark, its ability is the reason why xD
    And, finally,
    Supaku, a male Zebstrika, Supaku means Spark in japanese

Those are some good nicknames on my White game ^^; but i put most of the pokemon i listed into the PC ( D: ) for purposes

Back to shiny hunting!!
    Espurr: 25 Eggs

Shinies: Umbreon, Starmie

It's funny I was just recently noticing how my nickname style has changed over the past 10 years. My early games tended to be Pokemon with -er on the end based on type and appearance such as Flamer (Charizard/Blaziken), Sparker(Pikachu), Slasher(Zangoose), etc. I then started using names I thought were particularly cool at the time such as Wildfire (Rapidash), Tsunami (Gyarados), and Shockstar (Zapdos). In White I named a lot based on mythological figures such as Vulcan (Emboar) or mythic names like Orcrist (Haxorus-A sword mentioned in The Hobbit).
    Black 2 I used almost entirely Russian place names, animal names, or names of former Soviet Republics, such as Lyagushka (Poliwrath-Translates into frog) even using Putin as my character name. Finally in X/Y I continued to use names I thought sounded cool like Firedrake (Charizard) as well as a few French names to represent the Kalos region like Espirit eau (Rotom-Translates into "water spirit"). Also the two games I haven't nicknamed much (except for maybe 3-4) are one of my two Firereds and Platinum. In my other Firered I caught a new batch of Gen 2 Pokemon in the Sevii Islands and named them after Confederate Leaders in the US Civil War (although I'm glad the North won).
    Last edited by Ib4; 27th July 2014 at 3:42 AM.
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

I named my Zoroark Shade.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849