View Poll Results: Who likes/doesn't like this thread???

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll

20 95.24%
  • Doesn't like

1 4.76%
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Nickname Discussion Thread

Serperior: Nagini (Named after Voldemort's snake....I'm a bit of a Harry Potter nerd :P )

Krookodile: Bandit (He looks like a robber, therefore he is Bandit.)

Gothitelle: Excessum (It's the Latin word for "death." And it sounds cool.)

Galvantula: Joule (As in James Joule. Think science and energy.)

Jellicent: Hearts (As in the Queen of Hearts.)

Haxorus: Headless (He's not headless, but you will be when he's done with you.)

My entire team is based off of former famous Chinese emperors/empresses.

Mienshao - Cixi (Empress Dowager Cixi of the Qing Dynasty.)
    Samurott - Huizong (One of the greatest emperors of China, although he often neglected the military forces in exchange for art and Chinese culture. Huizong, birthname being Zhao Ji was of the Song Dynasty of China.)
    Crustle - Xuanzong (Birth name being Li Longji was a emperor of the Tang Dynasty of China.)
    Braviary - Kangxi (One of China's greatest emperors to ever live and also the longest one to ever reign in the history of China, Kangxi was of the Qing Dynasty.)
    Jellicent - Hongwu (Birth name, Zhu Yuanzhang was an insane leader of the Ming dynasty, putting 40,000 to death after finding out about his prime minister plotting against him.)

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2zi1z50.png[/IMG]

- Special thanks to the wonderful Doc for my grand userbar.
    - Special thanks to the dazzling xPrincessAmanda for my fantastic banner.
    - Special thanks to the gifted PokeGirlForever for my walking sprites.

Well, I named all my party pokemon with the suffix "zors". Yep. I'm just that uncreative T_T.

Alright, I decided for my 3rd play through, I'd do nicknames. Only got one so far, very uncreative, but it was my first impression of the pokemon.

Bacon (Tepig)
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Samurott: Oshi, It is a cute name for an Oshawott and now that is a Samurott I use it like the expresion they use in my school "Oh Shi!" meaning "Oh Yeah!"

Herdier: Perry, It has to do with a dog since dog in spanish is "perro" and one of my favorite singers is "Katy Perry" so with my Herdier being a female it is a good name.

Volcarona: B-Burn, since its a short name for "Bug Burn"

Spoiler:- Shiny Hunter:

< please click

Quote Originally Posted by monowiwi View Post
    Samurott: Oshi, It is a cute name for an Oshawott and now that is a Samurott I use it like the expresion they use in my school "Oh Shi!" meaning "Oh Yeah!"
    :'D Shí is the phonetic spelling of 'yes' in Chinese. I just felt like throwing that out there due to your comment, but to not qualify this entirely as spam I may as well throw in a few random nicknames as well.

Kingler - Berwald (Based on my Swedish friend who has a slight obsession with crabs, an unhealthy obsession at that.)

Garbodor - Sir Eduard (When I first saw him, he reminded me of a sophisticated man, hence the name.)

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2zi1z50.png[/IMG]

- Special thanks to the wonderful Doc for my grand userbar.
    - Special thanks to the dazzling xPrincessAmanda for my fantastic banner.
    - Special thanks to the gifted PokeGirlForever for my walking sprites.

Krookodile - sandstream (had in mind the evolved starters in the first movie as he replaced my serperior)

Meinshao - chowmein (mein automaticaly drew me to my favourite food)

Alomomola - Alohomora (similar looking, I like adding the magic to this blatent luvdisc ripoff)

Cinccino - cappuccino (it's basically miniccino with white foam on top)

Reuniclus - jellybeans (just because Reuniclus looks tasty like a jelly worm but has bean like things suspended in it)

Golurk - Lurch (from the Addams family as its part ghost, plus it still looks like it says lurk)
    Last edited by pickledArbok; 15th March 2011 at 8:51 AM.
    I don’t like the people that leave comments on the internet.

They preach they’re perfect while they’re f*****g you with intellect.

BIRD IS THE WORD

Well I'm not impressive with my names but here goes...

Krookodile(male) - Lockjaw - Yeah sort of named it when I first caught it as a Sandile, not really original
    Lampent(male) - Shinen - Means "spirit-fire" in japanese, referenced it from Magic The Gathering, Kamigawa block.
    Liepard(male) - Bast - Thought it was a a great name until I finally realized that my Purrlion was male....by then it was too late.
    Samurott(male) - Razor - Was a name I chose because I couldn't think of one, suited okay however, but I would probably of chose a different name given the time.
    Sawsbuck(male) - Duke - Deerling and Sawsbuck are based off deer and stags look quite regal. Out of all titles based around royalty/landownership, duke sounded the most fitting
    Zebstrika(female) - Shock - Very Generically chosen name, also very unoriginal too.
    Stoutland(male) - Scruffy - It looks scruffy, thats why I chose to call it that. Probably very generic
    *signature coming soon...*

Kor'vodisth - Flame Of Courage

Fave Starters: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar and Oshawott
    Fave Pokemon: Ninetales
    Fave X/Y Starter: Fennekin

Known as Crimson Arcanine on Pokecommunity Forum
    Known as SoulflameNinetales on the Pokemasters forum

Alrighty, so I caught Drilbur, and I planned to name it Resetti if it was a male, but I caught a female and nicknamed her Sandstorm, after a favourite of mine from the Warriors series.

Bacon (Pignite)
    Sandstorm (Drilbur)

Just caught Sewaddle. Nicknamed him Verdant.
    Last edited by Charoshi; 15th March 2011 at 9:23 AM.
    SoulSilver BQ

My team has some interesting nicknames, as do man of the Pokemon I have (some of them have less-inspired nicknames!). My team is:

Usogawa (Samurott)--Uso (otter), k/gawa (river). A Japanese name that sounds like it might belong to a Samurai.
    Dylan (Simisear)--Simisear looks like Bob Dylan. (I have a Simisage named Presley, and a Simipour named Marley!)
    Herman (Crustle)--It's a hermit crab. Herman the hermit crab...haha
    Ceasar (Sawsbuck)--I wanted to keep the sea- sound of season in there, and give him a name. It's a misspelling of Caesar, but it does nicely.
    Roswell (Beheeyem)--It's an alien. 'Nuff said.
    Tik-Tok (Golurk)--Golett reminds me of Tik-Tok from Return to Oz. It's robotic looking...
    Last edited by jwla; 15th March 2011 at 2:44 PM.
    ***New Signature To Come***

Emboar (m)- Ganon (From The Legend of Zelda series)
    Swoobat (m)- Batman (From DC Comics)
    Scolipede (m)- Venom (From Marvel Comics)
    Simisage (m)- Saiyan (From Dragon Ball series)
    Zorua (m)- Deadpool (From Marvel Comics)
    Zebstrika (f)- Ixion (Final Fantasy Summon)

Thats my team so far.

I nicknamed my Emboar Rollo. Why? No idea. It used to be Rallo. I might even switch back to that. I sat for five minutes trying to think of a name for my Tepig, but I couldn't. So I made one at random. ^___^

I nicknamed my Crustle Cogs. I was in the Beauty and the Beast play for my school (but it was cancelled) and I wanted to name one of my Pokemon Cogsworth/Cogs in honor of my part. And it seemed to fit, with a bug type. So I went with it. ^_____^

I nicknamed my Swanna Duckie. It was originally Duckieduck when she was a Ducklett, but It was too long and I wanted something more fitting of a swan. So I named it Duckie. Less. Not elegant I guess.

I nicknamed my Sawsbuck Autumn. It used to be Sadie, because I saw the name Sadie Grace in a magazine and liked it. But I didn;t like it anymore on Sawsbuck. So i renamed it Autumn, in honor of its changing for and the form I caught it in.

I nicknamed my Haxorus Toothless, in honor of Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon, a movie I recently watched and is now probably my favorite animated movie. I've watched it like, 5 times so far. Big, for a guy who doesn't really like movies.

I nicknamed my Beartic Chubchubs. I did so because when I caught her as a Cubchoo, my sister misread it and called it Chubchoo. And I like the Chub part. I might rename her Chubs, or Chubbie. Chubchubs doesn't look too nice.

And finally. I left my Zekrom as Zekrom, out of respect to its Legendary status.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I chose nicknames for my Pokemon before but I am not doing it anymore. I am going to stick with their original names.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 4427 1109 6716
    If you want to battle,trade or be friends send me a message
    My brother is pokemonmaster76

Samurott - Wotter - It's a water type and it's a sea otter.
    Stoutland - Grover - I actually have no idea.
    Lilligant - Nurturer - It's moveset is Quiver Dance, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, and Giga Drain.
    Conkeldurr (traded) - I used to have a Gurdurr named ChrlySheen. I thought it was funny.
    Emolga - Minipete - I traded it from the hiker on Route 7 I think.
    Zekrom - Buttercup - What's more awesome than having a total beast named after something tiny, harmless, and delicious?
    [CENTER]

My friends and I have come up with:

Simisear: Embergency
    Simisage: Timbergncy
    Simipour: Submergncy

Which we had to shorten the last two to make room for the characters.

My team all had nicknames:

Samurott: Seppukumon (blatantly stolen from Hey Ash Whatcha Playin)
    Sigilyph: Xatwo
    Sawk: Siskel (NO ONE HAS GOTTEN THE REFERENCE YET D: )
    Simisear: Embergency, again.
    Krookodile: Kroikey
    Zebstrika: Zapra II (Had one in white too that I just named Zapra).

I thought they were pretty good. :/
    TORN APART BY SPACIAL REND!

Black FC: 3224 5281 0661
    White FC: 1978 9832 9805

POKEMON BLACK E4 SCRAMBLE

POKEMON EMERALD NUZLOCKE
    Party:
    Box:
    Dead:

... But this is not a favorable matchup.

Caught my Sigilyph and named him Hiero, cause when ever I think of Sigilyph I think Hieroglyph. Than I went back to Castelia and renamed Swadloon Link just in time for evolution.

Bacon (Pignite)
    Sandstorm (Drilbur)
    Link (Leavanny)
    Heiro (Sigilyph)
    SoulSilver BQ

I nickname all my Pokemon, and currently in Black I'm nicknaming all the female Pokemon with a capital letter followed by several lower-case letters, but the males get ALLCAPS because I dislike males.

The only exception is my Sawk nicknamed Jonas, as in Jonas Salk. I also plan to get a Pichu after National Dex and call it "Macchu," so that it can be a Macchu Pichu.

Anyway, my Herdier is called Nacir, my Liepard is Crainy, my Simisage is called LANNY, my Pignite is Munchin (didn't think of capitalizing all male names till I caught my first male Pokemon in the game), my Tranquill is named Lovina, and my Tympole is called Wurma.

This thread seems interesting, so I'll start.

I nicknamed my Servine "Leaf" based on Snivy, and because of the simplicity. When he evolves into a Serperior, I might change into something wind-related (cool, distsant) like Gale, or since I like switching letters around, Gael. I nicknamed my Panpour "B'loone", as a pun on Balloon and Boone. My Liepard is "Prima", my Tranquill is "Leah" (couldn't think at the time, but I won't change it), my Archen is Pteryne (pronounced terre-in, based on that T sound that "Pt" makes, which is common on bird-like dinosours) and my Zebstrika is Cielle (pretty). This is for my team so far, though.

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

I always have a naming scheme. Right now, I use colors, in Black.
    DON'T underestimate mew-mew power. Otherwise, me and my fleet of awesome people will KEEEEEL you.

I named my White team after confectionary, namely cakes.

Emboar (female) is named Tiramisu after the famous Italian cake. I imagined my Tepig to be a sweet, little darling (modest nature, though unfortunately I still made it a physical attacker), which is the main reasoning as to why I named her that. Also, Tiramisu and Tepig both start with a "t". Unfortunately, it doesn't account for both its middle and final evolutions.

Leavanny (female) is named Red Velvet after the actual "red velvet" cake. The only reason I named her such was the fact I was eating a piece of red velvet cake during her capture, though if I think about it, I do think of my Leavanny as sweet on the outside (like the white frosting commonly seen in red velvet) but not so much on the inside. She's also very stubborn (conveniently, she has an adamant nature) and surprisingly sturdy, withstanding a couple of supereffective moves. Red Velvet is my favourite: both the actual food and as my Leavanny.

Krookodile (male) is named Lemone, after a lemon cake. To those wondering, it's pronounced "lay-moan". He's pretty blunt and bitter but can be surprisingly dense (naive nature). Currently, he is my strongest, though that is probably due to the fact of his typing and how he can easily annihilate half of the Elite Four.

Jellicent (male) is named King Devil, after Devil's food cake. Unlike most kings, he is quite "modest" (fortunately; I get all giddy whenever my Pokemon get good natures on the first capture). He is somewhat spiteful, however, as he always seemed to lose as a Frillish, but now he's one of my strongest (he helped me beat both Cynthia's Lucario and Garchomp at only level 61) and likes taking mischievous vengeance on the Pokemon that once defeated him. He's looking at you, Zebstraika.

Gothitelle (male) is named Karote, after the carrot cake, and it's pronounced "keh-wrote". I asked my sister to get me one in exchange for a Reuniclus, and she gave me a modest one, which is pretty neat.

Whimsicott (female) is named Chez Moi, after cheesecake. Again, I got this in a trade from my sister in exchange for my Escavelier, and conveniently, it is once again a modest nature (I seem to keep getting Pokemon that are either modest or adamant). I know I already have a grass type, but I really wanted to have a Whimsicott. They're so adorable! Plus, its Hurricane attack is amazing, and the fact that it has Prankster makes everything so much better.

Klinklang, my newest member, is named K2, mainly because I caught it back in Chargestone having no plan on using it, but after the league, I decided to train one. The only reason I named it "K2" was because I was planning on naming it Kenny, but somehow I accidentally pressed the "2" instead of an "e" and I didn't feel like typing the rest anyway, so K2 it is and K2 it stayed.

I'm also planning on getting a Cincinno whenever I can get into the Dream World, and I will be naming him/her something relating to fudge.

And yes, I do have personalities for my Pokemon. :P

I have a female Munna named Dreema

I decided to name all my team members after manga characters this time around.

Serperior "Orochimaru"(Naruto)
    Carracosta "Vice"(Ultimo)
    Zebstrika "Sasuke"(Naruto)
    Krookodile "Gendo"(Evangelion)
    Sipighyph "Silva"(Shaman King)
    Haxorus "Kaiba"(Yu-Gi-Oh!)

White FC: 3654-1880-7019

3DS FC: 2105-8751-4059

I've nicknamed quite a few of my pokemon:

Oshawott (male); Wotter - A lot of people on another forum dubbed it Wotter before the English name was revealed.
    Lillipup (female); Lily - I have a Yorkie called Lily on my Nintendogs game
    Darumaka (male); Strawberry - He looks like a little dancing strawberry <3
    Audino (female); Joy - After reading a B/W comic online, where an Audino was called Joy, I wanted to call one that
    Swoobat (female); Weeble - I thought it was a cute name when she was a Woobat
    Roggenrola (male); Rolly - the "rola" in the name made me want to name it Rolly ^^
    Munna (female); Piggle - Just a random cute name
    Liepard (female); Lady - Named after my old cat Lady who died a few years ago
    Zoroark (female); Yuuki - Randomly picked

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

At first, I didn't nickname anything. Then, later on, I found out where the Name Rater was.

Serperior

I nicknamed my Serperior Servort, like serpent and fort (not creative, but it rolls off the tongue), because of Serperior's surprising effectiveness as a wall.

Archeops

This one I nicknamed something not as many people would initially get--Raptornis. It's a fusion of "raptor" (which an archeopteryx was pretty much a feathered raptor) and "Gastornis", a feathered and flightless prehistoric bird which was enormous and extremely dangerous as an apex predator.

Krookodile

I kept his name relatively simple: Nile. I find it to be extremely fitting, given that it is a crocodile from the desert.

Chandelure

This here's my favorite of my nicknames... are you ready for it?

Burnshee.

Okay, so that wasn't as epic as it should've been, but the name fits the Pokémon very well. In case you didn't know, it's a portmanteau of "burn" (since it's a chandelier and is Fire-type) and "banshee" (a common name given to a screaming ghost).

Scizor

My Scizor from SoulSilver makes a return in my White version, and thus it retains its old nickname: Badarse. The name is pretty self-explanatory... because Scizor is just badarse.

Tyranitar

As with Scizor, my Tyranitar from SoulSilver keeps its old nickname: Warmaster. The name fits very well, because this beast is a tank: it can take hits and make you wish you hadn't taken the shot, just like a tank from typical warfare.
    Fetilĺse sge jütěkxěyalä çät kijütěkxěyaläyé.
    I've arrived at the conclusion that jumping to conclusions is highly inconclusive.
    deviantART | last.fm | Pogeymanz
    5 years at SPPf.
    I'm Stewart Pidd, the King of Sofas!

Quote Originally Posted by Kabutopzilla View Post
    At first, I didn't nickname anything. Then, later on, I found out where the Name Rater was.

Chandelure

This here's my favorite of my nicknames... are you ready for it?

Burnshee.

Okay, so that wasn't as epic as it should've been, but the name fits the Pokémon very well. In case you didn't know, it's a portmanteau of "burn" (since it's a chandelier and is Fire-type) and "banshee" (a common name given to a screaming ghost).
    That... is brilliant. Just putting that out there.
    I might have to use that at some point if you don't mind. :P
    TORN APART BY SPACIAL REND!

Black FC: 3224 5281 0661
    White FC: 1978 9832 9805

POKEMON BLACK E4 SCRAMBLE

POKEMON EMERALD NUZLOCKE
    Party:
    Box:
    Dead:

... But this is not a favorable matchup.

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast